What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

McClure's BBQ (2 Viewers)

McBbq first official meal was served in November 2011 at Dante's as a pop up.

I quit Dante's in December 2011, but continued to pop up there on Tuesdays, and then all the weekday lunches for a few months.

Opened Magazine in July 2013. 

Opened at NOLA Brewing in July 2015.

Closed Magazine in March 2016.  

As of the end of this month, I will have been in full time operations (not a pop up) for 5 years.....holy crap!!

Vegetarians have options here.   I do smoked veggie tacos, nachos, and a smoked mushroom melt.   Give me a heads up and I'll smoke some leaves and twigs for your rabbit. :)

Looking forward to seeing you my friend.
First of all, congrats. Such an awesome journey to follow along here and to have experienced in person.

Are you finally cutting your hours, getting some rest, and enjoying it? And are you finally making some $$ at this point? Because your success so far would have me hoping you are.

Holy crap.   This smoked chicken liver mousse I made yesterday is freaking good.   So was the caramel & chocolate covered double smoked bacon with pecan sprinkles.   Time to make the pimento cheese.

Winna winna CHICKEN DINNA!  T-shirt arrived today..  
Hah, I still have my McClure’s original T-shirt. Something about not winning friends with salads. It’s gotta be 5 years old as well. Damn, the last time in NO was more than 5 years. I just have 0 reasons to go anywhere near there for work, sports or family. 

tipsy mcstagger said:
Fried Chicken just went 7 days a week.   Original Buttermilk.   Pepper Jelly.  Alabama White Sauce.  or Hot AF Chicken.    Check out my facebook or instagram for photos.   Stuff is good.
:drool: 

Gotta try that pepper jelly chicken

James Daulton said:
Good to see you Tips!  You rich yet?
No.   Actually struggling a bit.   Sales have been really bad all summer and I'm really feeling sting of not having beverage profits on the bottom line.   

No.   Actually struggling a bit.   Sales have been really bad all summer and I'm really feeling sting of not having beverage profits on the bottom line.   
Those articles are great, but this post really talks to the struggles of opening a restaurant. The amount of good press and ratings tipsy has gotten and it’s still a struggle. Hope post summer picks up. 

Those articles are great, but this post really talks to the struggles of opening a restaurant. The amount of good press and ratings tipsy has gotten and it’s still a struggle. Hope post summer picks up.

Apologies to the mods for circumventing the language filter but HOLY #### OUR GUY IS FEATURED IN A WASHINGTON POST ARTICLE.
Congrats @tipsy mcstagger - hoping to be able to stop by to try your fried chicken in the not too distant future!

Was just going to feed the coaches again tonight....now it's the entire team!!  Food order for 140 placed 22 hours before service...hold my beer.

Who Dat?!   

PS... Everytime I've taken food to the Saints or staff they have won.  Coincidence? :Shrug: 
Mark Ingram seemed to like it ;)

Drew too

Omg...just saw this....yes...would love a real copy if possible!!! (If you kept it for some reason.   (
I think I still have it.  I'm pretty sure that I stuck it in a corner cabinet in my office that I put random crap into, and forgot about it (i.e., haven't touched it).  I'm out of town at a conference most of this week.  I'll check when I get back to work and shoot you a PM.  ETA: Also welcome to shoot me a PM with contact info if you have an e-mail address that is easier to reach you at.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be in town this week for the ABA Tax Section meeting.  Planning to make at least one trip to McClure's.  Probably Thursday dinner, maybe Saturday lunch.  Maybe I'll bring a tax lawyer or two with me.

I'll be in town this week for the ABA Tax Section meeting.  Planning to make at least one trip to McClure's.  Probably Thursday dinner, maybe Saturday lunch.  Maybe I'll bring a tax lawyer or two with me.
I haven't had a chance to post my review yet, but here it is:

I wanted to try as many items as possible so I got the 3 meat (ribs, brisket, pork), 2 sides (cole slaw, jambalaya) plate.  Also got a blonde ale from the bar which went perfectly.  Ribs, brisket and cole slaw were 5 stars.  Pork and jambalaya were only 4 stars, but both probably suffered from the fact that I was pretty full by the time I got to them.  I also tried 3 sauces--KC, North Carolina and South Carolina.  My favorite was a mixture of North Carolina & South Carolina.  (Is that just "Carolina" sauce?)  Anyhow, my intention was to eat only about half of the plate, but I somehow managed to eat everything.  After reading this thread for 8 years, it was really a treat!

Additional comment:  I actually walked to McClure's from my hotel near the Superdome, about 3 miles.  It was fun/interesting to see the neighborhoods in the city but (1) I've never seen so many missing or confusing walk/don't walk signs at intersections and (2) the streets and sidewalks are in terrible condition--even worse than Los Angeles, which I didn't think was possible.

Additional comment:  I actually walked to McClure's from my hotel near the Superdome, about 3 miles.  It was fun/interesting to see the neighborhoods in the city but (1) I've never seen so many missing or confusing walk/don't walk signs at intersections and (2) the streets and sidewalks are in terrible condition--even worse than Los Angeles, which I didn't think was possible.
Good lord buddy, what gave you that idea? - On 1. no one looks at those, 2. it gets pretty bad. The infrastructure is absurd, water is running underground and we're built on a swamp. 

SaintsInDome2006 said:
Good lord buddy, what gave you that idea? - On 1. no one looks at those, 2. it gets pretty bad. The infrastructure is absurd, water is running underground and we're built on a swamp. 
:goodposting:

You do catering take out?

Edit: of course.

Now to decide what to get, and how much.

9 adults 2 teens 2 kids

Thoughts?  Will have to serve 4.5 hours after pickup.  Have a yeti.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread