Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
tipsy mcstagger

McClure's BBQ: Upheaval. Again. Oy.

Last second order for University medical center....25 spag & balls w caesar, green beans and garlic bread.

Dinner at 8

• Love 1

Followed this thread - mostly salivating at thought of the great food and rooting you on during rough times.    Just donated so those close to you can enjoy a meal.   Keep up the great work!

My team captain said the donations are rolling in.... Thank you guys.   we just picked up two hundred people to feed at two different hospitals on Monday night.   Red beans and rice with sausage coming up!

• Like 6

We are going to surpass 1000 meals this week easily.    So much for my vacation 🤣

Here are the hospitals we have in the cue now.

EastJeff

West Jeff

Tulane

Touro

Children's

Ochsner

Ochsner Baptist

University Medical Center

Let's roll!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 3

Done.  I just spent the last month at Ochsner.  I'm more than happy to chip in to feed those guys.  It's getting bad over there, so anyone still hanging in there is deserving of whatever kindness they can get.  Thanks for doing it Tipsy.   

• Love 1

Done as well. Stay safe and good luck.

21 hours ago, tipsy mcstagger said:

We are going to surpass 1000 meals this week easily.    So much for my vacation 🤣

Here are the hospitals we have in the cue now.

EastJeff

West Jeff

Tulane

Touro

Children's

Ochsner

Ochsner Baptist

University Medical Center

Let's roll!

Good on ya Tipsy.  I hope these places, employees etc remember who stepped up to help out and visit all who are feeding these people. 

1 hour ago, Inhiding said:

Good on ya Tipsy.  I hope these places, employees etc remember who stepped up to help out and visit all who are feeding these people. 

We are doing this under the guise of my BBQ team called Deswine intervention... We are associated with the men's club from school / Church.   Normally our efforts go towards Hogs for the cause which raises money for families dealing with pediatric brain cancer that have chipped at our focus in the short-term . 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

This is a great example of the worst times bringing out the best in people. 👍

Very happy to make a donation to this great cause. 

Posting the link one more time to keep it easy to find

https://www.deswineintervention.org/

• Like 1
  • Love 1

150 meals out the door tonight.  Red beans and rice w sausage, salad, garlic bread.  

Gotta go back at 4am-ish...150 more for lunch / dinner.   

• Like 3

On 3/30/2020 at 10:53 AM, Inhiding said:

We are doing this under the guise of my BBQ team called Deswine intervention... We are associated with the men's club from school / Church.   Normally our efforts go towards Hogs for the cause which raises money for families dealing with pediatric brain cancer that have chipped at our focus in the short-term . 

1 hour ago, tipsy mcstagger said:

Tipsy,

A long, long while ago you sold rubs here, I bought and they were fantastic. I would, and I’d think many here would, be willing to pay up for some rub. Some goes to charity, some to staff that may have been layed off, however you see fit. Just an idea for us far away to help support things and I get it if it’s too much with everything that’s going on. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 4

45 minutes ago, phowler13 said:

Tipsy,

A long, long while ago you sold rubs here, I bought and they were fantastic. I would, and I’d think many here would, be willing to pay up for some rub. Some goes to charity, some to staff that may have been layed off, however you see fit. Just an idea for us far away to help support things and I get it if it’s too much with everything that’s going on. 

Ditto!

Thanks guys .....maybe when thing settle a bit.   Bit overwhelmed at moment but hanging.   Im exhausted.

I love that my team captain keeps giving me update daily w donations "on behalf of tipsy" 🤣🤣🤣.  

• Like 1

Thanks for your hard work and dedication.

You are an inspiration

• Like 2
  • Love 1

You're the best buddy 

• Love 3

12 hours ago, phowler13 said:

Tipsy,

I'd buy anything rubbed by Tipsy.  :wub:

• Like 1
  • Laughing 5
  • Thinking 1

16 hours ago, phowler13 said:

Tipsy,

Absolutely this. Would love to get Rub a la Tipsy.

• Love 1

Buffalo Trace raffle?

2 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Buffalo Trace raffle?

Yeah I'm not sure on the details on that one but it may actually still be going on.   I haven't actually checked our website in a while so I got to talk with the team captain about it tomorrow

Posted (edited)

800 meals.

Haven't gotten a very good hard number out of my team captain yet but we have raised a bunch of money.  And I know a bunch of them of come from this community pay some some of the names he's spouted off.   You guys rock.

Edited by tipsy mcstagger
  • Like 1

940 meals down.   Fully funded for next 1000.   You guys have been a big part.  I'd like to send out a thank you to everybody personally but I just do not have time for that right now.    

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, tipsy mcstagger said:

1110 meals.   Time for a day to recoup.   Im toast.

You are the fn man! 100.00 donated 

Edited by CGRdrJoe
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

Posted (edited)

1750 down.

Catfish n crawfish plates on good Friday to help fund raiser.  200+ plates already sold.

Next week mostly booked already....running low on donations.  If yall can dig deep it would be helpful!   We have been getting a lot of love from the nurses n such!  Thanks yall

Donate here! 

Edited by tipsy mcstagger
  • Like 2

Donated. Thanks for doing this and stay safe.

They take Paypal.  That speeds things up.

(Even if you are serving poisonous food.  I'm allergic to catfish.  Weird, huh?)

Posted (edited)

Things are tight here at the moment Tipsy, but what you're doing is amazing.  Donated what I felt I could.  Keep it up.  ANd in a few weeks, sell us some rub!

ETA: Forgot to put a note so you'd know it was from fbg, but "cook" is part of my handle.

Edited by facook
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Done and I did mention your name

Edited by Jules Winnfield

y'all are awesome!   love this community.

50 # of redbeans cooking today for the start of next week....driving the brewery folks nuts with the smell.

Then 40 gallons of Jambalaya for the hospital and a bunch of kids trapped at one of the colleges with no way to go home.

Tomorrow we are selling plates of catfish or crawfish to help the fundraising efforts.....250 pounds of crawfish and 75 plates of catfish sold so far.   #killingit

• Like 1

Keep up the great work GB.  Don't check in here much anymore (though likely will be in the baseball forum), but wanted to chime in cause you are indeed a friend - of mine, and most of all, the N.O. community. 

Next week I'll send a another donation (gotta get to the next billing cycle! should have received on a week or so back, not sure just when).

ummm....Zatarains / McCormick  already donated 40# of sausage....

now they just sent a $5k check.   ❤️❤️.     One of our team members is in product development so that helps but DAYUM thats awesome!

• Like 7
  • Love 12

1900 meals done.   

Yesterday we sold crawfish and catfish plates and raised about $2500 more for the effort after costs.   

Really wish i didn't have to be profit driven as a restaurant. Feeding people for charity is much more fulfilling.   

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Done.  Thank you for doing this!

• Love 1

On 3/28/2020 at 2:31 PM, tipsy mcstagger said:

http://Www.deswineintervention.org

Donate if you can please.   Already lined up 3 more hospitals to feed.

Thanks yall.

Donated and a big hug to you for all you do, Tipsy.  Been a big fan for a long time and hope to get down to meet you one day.

• Love 2

At least 3k from you guys, possibly closer to 4k but hard to tell with some of the names.   Fantastic work y'all. 

Thank you.   Fully funded for at least another two weeks.  

100 tonight going out to UMC.   Smoked & Glazed Chicken with Jambalaya & Cole Slaw + Girl Scout Cookies.

• Like 1