Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
tipsy mcstagger

McClure's BBQ: Upheaval. Again. Oy.

On 5/22/2020 at 11:39 AM, psychobillies said:

Plenty of room for another BBQ joint on the Northshore. :drive:

i'm not much of a commuter.   I'd enjoy living up there though if you want to finance both the restaurant relocating and my house :)    I already have my GM living in Covington too.

20 hours ago, tipsy mcstagger said:

i'm not much of a commuter.   I'd enjoy living up there though if you want to finance both the restaurant relocating and my house :)    I already have my GM living in Covington too.

I was definitely planning to buy a bunch of ribs.  

• Like 1

Breathes in....

The brewery I am in has decided they need the revenue from food sales and have given me official 90 days notice to cease operations at the taproom..  Its a part of the lease I was most apprehensive about before signing, but was also aware I may have wanted to use it myself at some point in the coming year.   So unless a miracle happens and we find a place and get operational by mid September, my biz is going to shut down for a bit.   My partner and I are accelerating our search for a spot we can get in and rolling quickly, but I know that is going to take more than 3 months to make happen.    One property is already being discussed somewhat more seriously now.   We shall see.     If it happens it will be a pretty funny part of my restaurant story arch which I'll explain later if it happens or not.

Phase 4 is what I'll be calling this project.   Depending on the space I have a lot I want to do differently including a bbq menu with more items (like beef ribs, and pastrami) along with an expanded southern menu core....along with the fried chicken and pork chops I already do, I would like throw in a few more classic southern dishes each day.   Will see....the space and neighborhood I end up in will dictate what direction I really go.   Not away from bbq, but definitely more.   And bring back that brunch I did on Magazine in the beginning.   Ribs & Grits was one of the best brunch dishes ever and I look forward to bringing it back!

Stay tuned.   This sucks with the timing but biz is biz.  No hard feelings.   This was going to happen in the next year anyway I'm sure.

If you need onsite catering anytime this fall...holler.  Have pit.  Will travel.

• Like 9
  • Love 10
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, tipsy mcstagger said:

Breathes in....

The brewery I am in has decided they need the revenue from food sales and have given me official 90 days notice to cease operations at the taproom..  Its a part of the lease I was most apprehensive about before signing, but was also aware I may have wanted to use it myself at some point in the coming year.   So unless a miracle happens and we find a place and get operational by mid September, my biz is going to shut down for a bit.   My partner and I are accelerating our search for a spot we can get in and rolling quickly, but I know that is going to take more than 3 months to make happen.    One property is already being discussed somewhat more seriously now.   We shall see.     If it happens it will be a pretty funny part of my restaurant story arch which I'll explain later if it happens or not.

Phase 4 is what I'll be calling this project.   Depending on the space I have a lot I want to do differently including a bbq menu with more items (like beef ribs, and pastrami) along with an expanded southern menu core....along with the fried chicken and pork chops I already do, I would like throw in a few more classic southern dishes each day.   Will see....the space and neighborhood I end up in will dictate what direction I really go.   Not away from bbq, but definitely more.   And bring back that brunch I did on Magazine in the beginning.   Ribs & Grits was one of the best brunch dishes ever and I look forward to bringing it back!

Stay tuned.   This sucks with the timing but biz is biz.  No hard feelings.   This was going to happen in the next year anyway I'm sure.

If you need onsite catering anytime this fall...holler.  Have pit.  Will travel.

Booze?

17 hours ago, tipsy mcstagger said:

Not sure about catering but there is a bunch of folks that would love to buy your rubs. 

I’m looking forward to reading this thread in a few years after you have absorbed all these body shots and come out on top as the undisputed champ of New Orleans BBQ. 

• Like 4

22 hours ago, berndog said:

Not sure about catering but there is a bunch of folks that would love to buy your rubs. 

I’m looking forward to reading this thread in a few years after you have absorbed all these body shots and come out on top as the undisputed champ of New Orleans BBQ. 

Appreciate that.   I should have time for the rub thing soon enough.   Its been a one man show a lot here lately and I'm worn.

I don't care about being the champ....I just don't want to get knocked out.   

• Like 4
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, tipsy mcstagger said:

Appreciate that.   I should have time for the rub thing soon enough.   Its been a one man show a lot here lately and I'm worn.

I don't care about being the champ....I just don't want to get knocked out.   

Yes count me in on some rub as well!!!!!  Cant wait for this covid to end so i can get back down to NOLA!!!

• Thanks 1

good luck, Tipsy. Also interested in buying some products to offer support whenever they are available.

• Thanks 1

@tipsy mcstagger - I've never met you. I've never eaten at your restaurant. 

However, everyone is raving about your culinary skills.  Can't wait to come to NOLA and visit your restaurant (whereever you end up).  Your posts are inspiring and heartbreaking all at the same time.  And if you have any rubs or stuff I could buy from NY, I'm in!

• Like 1

I still wear the poop out of my McClure's BBQ shirt from years ago and get all kinds of comments on it............  I would be down for merch, rubs etc. 

2 hours ago, Angry Beavers said:

I would be down for rubs etc. 

Dammit.  I never saw it going this way, but it's for a good cause so I guess I'm in. @tipsy mcstaggerplease be gentle.

• Laughing 5

On 6/17/2020 at 6:32 PM, tipsy mcstagger said:

Breathes in....

Hang in there, Buddy. I"m sorry you have to deal with this. 

Partner says he is moving forward with closing on purchase of building I referenced earlier.  I won't be fully convinced we are getting it until we actual close and I have keys.  But....the architect is lined up & changes to existing layout of building submitted.  Contractors have also been to property and given rough estimate and timeline.   Looks like 5+ months once we get the building.  I'm going to go out on a limb and add a couple more months to that, which puts us into 2021 before I re-open.  

I'd be excited if I weren't full of so much dread lately.   I've all but had enough of this battle at the moment.   This too shall pass.

• Like 21
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, tipsy mcstagger said:

Partner says he is moving forward with closing on purchase of building I referenced earlier.  I won't be fully convinced we are getting it until we actual close and I have keys.  But....the architect is lined up & changes to existing layout of building submitted.  Contractors have also been to property and given rough estimate and timeline.   Looks like 5+ months once we get the building.  I'm going to go out on a limb and add a couple more months to that, which puts us into 2021 before I re-open.  

I'd be excited if I weren't full of so much dread lately.   I've all but had enough of this battle at the moment.   This too shall pass.

Love ya buddy. It'll work out.

Is this the place we talked about (historical significance)? 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, [icon] said:

Love ya buddy. It'll work out.

Is this the place we talked about (historical significance)? 

indeed it is.  

Breathes out....again.    

Property i thought was a done deal isn't and won't be.  

The search continues again.  Sigh.

• Sad 11

Closed down operations at brewery today. Made no since to keep paying rent until termination date since bars are shut again.   Taproom laid everyone but managers off.  Brewery cut pay and laid off head of marketing and event coordinator.   Things are bad.

• Sad 17