What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Once Upon A Time vs. Grimm (1 Viewer)

Which show is/was better after the pilot?

• Once Upon A Time

Votes: 13 28.3%
  • Grimm

Votes: 22 47.8%
  • Both should be watched.

Votes: 11 23.9%

• Total voters

Mario Kart

Footballguy
I do most of my tv watching via torrents so I am wondering which show people are liking more. Once Upon A Time airs on Sunday nights and Grimm airs on Friday nights. I believe both have had just one episode so far. Has anyone watched and what is the consensus of them? OUAT looks pretty good but that is just from commercials. Grimm looks a little more dark.

Or, is Terra Nova the show to watch and download this season?

I started the Terra Nova thread and I can't recommend it to anyone. It's a terrible show and its saving grace (dinosaurs) are few and far between.

Loved OUAT. The acting was good, decent storyline with lots to uncover. Only saw half of Grimm but was unimpressed. I'll try to watch the first half on hulu and see how I feel. OUAT definitely is more soap operary while Grimm is going for action/scary.

Just start with the past 7 seasons of Supernatural. Kicks both shows in the ###. Most underrated show on TV.

I watched the premiere of Grimm. I enjoyed it. It may be the only new show I've tried that has piqued my interest. It looks like it's going to be a tad cheesy but I don't mind camp as long as it's not overboard.

Watch it on Hulu. To those who don't know the site, yes it's free and legal. If the first 5 minutes don't interest you I'd skip the rest.

Both were good, but I liked OUAT better. Grimm seems more like a CSI show where you can see episodes here and there and get the gist of the main story. OUAT has endless characters and backstories so they can really do a lot with that show without moving the main story along too fast (think 'Lost'). OUAT will be DVR'd for me, will watch Grimm when I'm at home and happen to catch it.

I wasn't expecting to like OUAT, but did enjoy it. Certainly DVR worthy. It has a surprisingly strong cast-- I have always enjoyed the actress that played the youngest wife in Big Love.

Just watched Eps 1 & 2 of OUAT and Ep 1 of Grimm.

OUAT is very solid - the wife and I really like what we've seen so far

Grimm - also good. Not as good as OUAT up to this point; I feel they need more backstory before getting too into the monsters.

Just watched Eps 1 & 2 of OUAT and Ep 1 of Grimm.OUAT is very solid - the wife and I really like what we've seen so farGrimm - also good. Not as good as OUAT up to this point; I feel they need more backstory before getting too into the monsters.
My thoughts exactly. Grimm could be better though with some added back story and it is darker.

Caught up with OUAT. Takes a little getting used to the double roles but that will work itself out. I liked the ending to episode 2. Not sure how Rump being the mastermind, if that is what he is, will be a good thing or not. I think it is worth the download for the next few weeks though.

And, maybe it is just my age showing but Emma and the evil queen look really good. Good eye candy for the show. There is hope for me yet.

I haven't seen OUAT, but I did watch the Grimm episode. Grimm has potential, but if it becomes basically another werewolf series I'm gonna drop it like like a messy load after a taco bell bender.

The whole werewolf thing is getting played out recently.

Let's nip this in the bud, shall we?
I strongly agree with this.The wife and I watched them both. She liked them more than I did, but I thought both were at least semi-entertaining. Hard to judge either based on the pilots, though- any out of the box idea like these can be great for an hour, keeping it interesting for a season or more is where it seems like it would get complicated.

Caught up with OUAT. Takes a little getting used to the double roles but that will work itself out. I liked the ending to episode 2. Not sure how Rump being the mastermind, if that is what he is, will be a good thing or not. I think it is worth the download for the next few weeks though.And, maybe it is just my age showing but Emma and the evil queen look really good. Good eye candy for the show. There is hope for me yet.
:goodposting:Emma especially is pretty hot. I started to make a comment to my wife in the scene where you could see her black bra through her wifebeater, but I just knew I'd get smacked. The show is very good. I'm hooked.

And, maybe it is just my age showing but Emma and the evil queen look really good. Good eye candy for the show. There is hope for me yet.
if I recall the story correctly, she's only supposed to be 28 on the show. I thought she looked considerably older than that, so I did an IMDB check, and she's actually 32. I still think she looks older.I'm all about the queen, though. she can definitely turn me to stone...

Loved OUAT. The acting was good, decent storyline with lots to uncover. Only saw half of Grimm but was unimpressed. I'll try to watch the first half on hulu and see how I feel. OUAT definitely is more soap operary while Grimm is going for action/scary.
I've seen both OUAT eps and the pilot for Grimm and think they are both good, but I like Grimm more. Grimm could end up cheesy but it has the potential to be a good show. It was more horror than I expected (good thing) and comedy was well done. OUAT has an unique concept and I'll keep watching to see if they can keep it interesting.

if I recall the story correctly, she's only supposed to be 28 on the show. I thought she looked considerably older than that, so I did an IMDB check, and she's actually 32. I still think she looks older.I'm all about the queen, though. she can definitely turn me to stone...
Emma looks like she in her late 30's to me.

Haven't seen Once Upon yet. I liked Grimm.
I thought Grimm was all right, but it had some seriously massive plot holes that make me worry. Still, having a buddy cop show with a werewolf sidekick/CI has potential.
He got his final hunch to know that Mr Rogers was the killer because the killer was humming the Eurythmics song. Only, the iPod flew off the girl's body when he tackled her and there's little reason that in a vicious killing that he'd hear the music. I guess it's possible with good hearing, but improbable. And also, the fact that when Grimm is inspecting the crime scene, the iPod just happens to be on the same song as when she was attacked... There was something else that strained credulity as well but I can't remember. Oh yeah, I knew from the first instant that the Captain was in on it, though he couldn't be the killer. It has potential, but I'm already worried about massive leaps of faith to believe how they're going to solve their cases. I liked how they went to the Marilyn Manson version of the song at the end and I liked the shape of the show they painted with the preview of the rest of the season.

Haven't seen Once Upon yet. I liked Grimm.
I thought Grimm was all right, but it had some seriously massive plot holes that make me worry. Still, having a buddy cop show with a werewolf sidekick/CI has potential.
He got his final hunch to know that Mr Rogers was the killer because the killer was humming the Eurythmics song. Only, the iPod flew off the girl's body when he tackled her and there's little reason that in a vicious killing that he'd hear the music. I guess it's possible with good hearing, but improbable. And also, the fact that when Grimm is inspecting the crime scene, the iPod just happens to be on the same song as when she was attacked... There was something else that strained credulity as well but I can't remember. Oh yeah, I knew from the first instant that the Captain was in on it, though he couldn't be the killer. It has potential, but I'm already worried about massive leaps of faith to believe how they're going to solve their cases. I liked how they went to the Marilyn Manson version of the song at the end and I liked the shape of the show they painted with the preview of the rest of the season.
SO that was the captain in the car after the hospital? I wasn't sure. The girl could have had the song on repeat on her ipod for running I guess. They need to do a lot of back-story for this show to work for me. I'm willing to give it a chance though.

Emma looks like she in her late 30's to me.
Smow White is a dead ringer for Audrey Horne.

Have not watched this past Sunday's OUAT but did catch Fridays Grimm. Couldn't get into it. Maybe a bad night to have it on air or not enough good marketing or something but just did not feel it.

Have not watched this past Sunday's OUAT but did catch Fridays Grimm. Couldn't get into it. Maybe a bad night to have it on air or not enough good marketing or something but just did not feel it.
2 weeks in, and Once Upon a Time is obviously much better. I will continue to watch Grimm, at this point, but the difference between the two shows is pretty obvious.

Have yet to start on Grimm, but based on the ads making it seem somewhat dark and scifi, putting it on Fridays was a terrible decisions. Shows on friday nights should be stuff 40+ year old women will watch like Medium, The Whisperer, etc.

Caught up on OUAT. I liked episode 3 and like where the story is going.

Plus, Claire from LOST is joining the cast. I did not picture her as who she will be though. Evangeline Lilly should join soon but would rather her be in Claire's role.

Have only seen the pilot for both so far, but have the rest of the episodes dvr'ed. I liked Grimm better of the two, but I am a big Supernatural fan and it feels very Supernatural-esque. Based on the two pilots: Grimm is darker, with some black comedy sprinkled in (what's with all the former Grey's Anatomy actors in it though?) Once Upon A Time seemed to me much more of a parents friendly disney show, i.e. kids will watch if for the live action, fairytale stuff, but it has a bit of a harder, modern edge to it for their parents to enjoy. At least that was the impression I got.

Love seeing Jennifer Morrison (yum) in OUAT after they wrote her out of House, but wish she would go back to brunett instead of blonde. And the way they shot the forest scenes in Grimm makes me really want to visit Portland for the first time ever in my life. :unsure:

Have only seen the pilot for both so far, but have the rest of the episodes dvr'ed. I liked Grimm better of the two, but I am a big Supernatural fan and it feels very Supernatural-esque. Based on the two pilots: Grimm is darker, with some black comedy sprinkled in (what's with all the former Grey's Anatomy actors in it though?) Once Upon A Time seemed to me much more of a parents friendly disney show, i.e. kids will watch if for the live action, fairytale stuff, but it has a bit of a harder, modern edge to it for their parents to enjoy. At least that was the impression I got.Love seeing Jennifer Morrison (yum) in OUAT after they wrote her out of House, but wish she would go back to brunett instead of blonde. And the way they shot the forest scenes in Grimm makes me really want to visit Portland for the first time ever in my life. :unsure:
Grimm definitely has the Supernatural vibe going.

Caught up on OUAT. I liked episode 3 and like where the story is going. Plus, Claire from LOST is joining the cast. I did not picture her as who she will be though. Evangeline Lilly should join soon but would rather her be in Claire's role.
I can't wait for Emilie de Ravin to be on. I agree that Evangeline would be better for the part looks wise. I could see Emilie in the roll of Cinderella. OUAT is getting pretty good and I love the complex story lines.

Caught up on OUAT. I liked episode 3 and like where the story is going. Plus, Claire from LOST is joining the cast. I did not picture her as who she will be though. Evangeline Lilly should join soon but would rather her be in Claire's role.
I can't wait for Emilie de Ravin to be on. I agree that Evangeline would be better for the part looks wise. I could see Emilie in the roll of Cinderella. OUAT is getting pretty good and I love the complex story lines.
EdR's character is my favorite Disney character and Lilly is perfect looking for that role. EdR looked okay as a brunette in LOST, maybe more evil instead of bookwormy though. I have not looked up Wiki at all but who is that blonde wife from last night supposed to be?Long hair Snow White >>> short hair Snow White

for those who have watched the goofy MTV reality shows over the years, the lead character in Grimm (David something) was actually a cast member on Road Rules many years ago. I think he's the only one from all of those shows who has made any kind of breakthrough into an acting career.

EdR's character is my favorite Disney character and Lilly is perfect looking for that role. EdR looked okay as a brunette in LOST, maybe more evil instead of bookwormy though. I have not looked up Wiki at all but who is that blonde wife from last night supposed to be?Long hair Snow White >>> short hair Snow White
EdR is a good actress, so I think she can pull it off. I think we are just too used to her as Claire to think of her as bookish. But just like Snow, her character can be deceiving. I looked up the wife and and it just said princess. They don't list her as a character we know and love. She was too #####y to be.LOVE the long hair Snow White. They are so outrageous with the costumes in the fairy tale world, I love it.BTW do you think the Sheriff is
the Huntsman?

After giving them both a few episodes I voted "Both should be watched". :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Did something happen with Grimm? My DVR hasn't recorded an episode the last 2 weeks it seems.
It has been on a break.. Back on Thursday and Friday this week!
Special Night! Thurs, Dec 8th 10/9c "Danse Macabre" (TV-14)A beloved high school music teacher’s body is destroyed by rats.Friday, December 9th 9/8c "The Three Bad Wolves" (TV-14)Nick and Hank investigate the explosion of a Blutbad's home.
:popcorn:

Did something happen with Grimm? My DVR hasn't recorded an episode the last 2 weeks it seems.
Special Night! Thurs, Dec 8th 10/9c "Danse Macabre" (TV-14)A beloved high school music teacher’s body is destroyed by rats.Friday, December 9th 9/8c "The Three Bad Wolves" (TV-14)Nick and Hank investigate the explosion of a Blutbad's home.
Just saw that. Why would they go on a break after 4 episodes? Could lose momentum.

Just saw that. Why would they go on a break after 4 episodes? Could lose momentum.
:shrug:could be holiday programming.. Or seeing as they started this off on the day that most shows go to die, they weren't sure it would have enough legs to continue so figured they'd throw out 4 episodes, see how the ratings went and decide whether to bring it back for the remaining episodes or not.Glad the ratings were good enough to bring it back. :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
:shrug:could be holiday programming.. Or seeing as they started this off on the day that most shows go to die, they weren't sure it would have enough legs to continue so figured they'd throw out 4 episodes, see how the ratings went and decide whether to bring it back for the remaining episodes or not.Glad the ratings were good enough to bring it back. :thumbup:
Now I remember why I stopped watching shows until the season was over. The games the networks play are annoying.

Just watched this week's once upon a time. I liked it better than last week but i feel like its about to get old for me if one if these characters doesnt come over soon. I guess that would make for a short series though, but without it Im not sure it works.

Mr. Widmore and MacHutchun 60.

I like the pace of the show, a little slow but has a good feel to it. I could see the show having a strong four or five seasons.

Been watching this for a while now and I like it. Hopefully it will be around a while. But I have to admit it's Monroe that really keeps me coming back. I have become a huge fan of Silas Weir Mitchell with this role. I mean he has been around forever and been on a number of big series. Especially cop shows. But I think he is just killing it as Monroe.

Users who are viewing this thread