What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Texas Rangers 2012 Thread*** (2 Viewers)

Bogart

Footballguy
It still hurts, still hurts bad. But pitchers and catchers will be here before we know it. A huge benefit of long playoff runs is that the off-season is that much shorter.

My completely useless quick thoughts as the haze begins to lift from my brain:

1. Good bye Christopher John. I'm not as high as I once was on Ceej, but I don't hate him as much as a lot of people do right now. 200+ innings with 200+ strikeouts from a pitcher, especially a lefty, don't just fall off trees. That said, he won't be here next year. Texas will make a competitive smart offer, but it won't be enough. The free agent market simply sucks this year and C.J. is at the top of the list. He won't give Texas a hometown discount, because he really does not want to be here. He wants California or NY. He wants to hit, so I think the Dodgers are his first choice. But that is fine. I don't want to pay stupid money for a "number one" who is not an ace and not a leader of your team. C.J was neither of these.

1a. Stay away from C.C. Please just let NY overpay to keep him. I know he is an ace. I know he is a stud. He is everything C.J. is and everything he wants to be. But I just don't trust that body to hold up.

2. The elephant in the room (or more like on the field) was the production from first base. I joked all year that our lineup was so solid that our first baseman was batting ninth. You can't have that. I love Moreland, I really do. The guy battles and makes a pitcher work, but you just didn't see results. I think Texas lands a big fish here. Yes, I know, every team wants Pujols or Fielder, but I think Texas gets one of them. Or puts up a very attractive deal for Joey Votto. One way or another, Texas will fill their most pressing issue offensively.

2a. If you get a big stick at first base, the need for Young to play there decreases quite a bit during the season, and is eliminated during the playoffs. He will still get games at every infield spot to give guys a break, but baring injury you won't see 91 games with Face in the field. We worry about the playoffs if we get there.

3. Take care of your own. There are several guys that have to be resigned (Cruz, Napoli, etc) but I think that all gets done, and gets done without too much headache. Wilson is the only guy I see jumping this ship.

4. The time is now for Leonys Martin. The goal of keeping Hamilton healthy in the outfield was fairly successful this year (on the basepaths and at home plate, not so much). I think you do this again next year, waiting until the playoffs to play him in CF. This leaves an opening there for the regular season and I think it's Martin's job to lose. No offense to Endy, but I think the Rangers are going to see what they have with Martin and I think he wins the job in ST.

5. Napoli will be your starting catcher, and the 61/98 split between him and YT will be reversed.

Your opening day lineup:

Kinsler - 2B

Young - DH

Hamilton - LF

Pujols/Fielder/Votto - 1B

Beltre - 3B

Cruz - RF

Napoli - C

Andrus - SS

Martin - CF

Bench - Murphy, Gentry, Blanco

If you get the left handed Fielder or Votto, Beltre might move up one spot to split up the leftys in the lineup.

Your opening day rotation:

Holland

Ogando

Lewis

Harrison

Feldman

Bullpen:

Feliz

Adams

Uehara

Scheppers

Tateyama

Lowe

Perez

Reclamation project ala Webb

Yes, the rotation is not a strong starting out as it was last year, but I just think the money is not there to be spent on pitching this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Uehara is going to resign with the Orioles. I thought they basically said he was gone.

First Base is a huge pressing need at this point. Mitch did not develop this year and that caused a huge hole in the lineup. I'm not 100% sure they have to get power out of that spot. Need competent hitter and some defense.

Only way this thing adds front rotation talent is to move some huge prospects.

Seems like this could be a quiet offseason followed by a frantic period of activity after the all star break.

Uehara is going to resign with the Orioles. I thought they basically said he was gone.First Base is a huge pressing need at this point. Mitch did not develop this year and that caused a huge hole in the lineup. I'm not 100% sure they have to get power out of that spot. Need competent hitter and some defense. Only way this thing adds front rotation talent is to move some huge prospects. Seems like this could be a quiet offseason followed by a frantic period of activity after the all star break.
I thought Uehara had one year left on his contract. Guess I have him and Adams confused. Won't be the first mistake I make on putting this team together. Thank God it's JD and not me.

Good post Bogart.

I agree, bye to Cj... Offer 4 years at 55-65 and let him take it or walk.

My winter wish list

1. Win the Yu Darvish sweepstakes

2. Trade for Joey Votto

3. Re-sign Michael Gonzales

4. Holland grows up and starts acting like an adult (asking a lot I know)

5. Keep Neftali in the closer role

6. Sign Josh and Napoli to extensions

My Opening Day Lineup

Kinsler - 2B

Andrus - SS (need someone who can bunt to move runners in the 2 spot)

Hamilton - LF

Beltre - 3B

Votto - 1B

Napoli - C

Cruz - RF

Young - DH

Martin - CF

Starting Rotation

Holland

Darvish

Lewis

Harrison

Feldman/Ogando (#6 long man in pen)

Bench:

Torrealba

Murphy

Gentry

Blanco

Bullpen:

Feliz

Adams

Gonzales

Oliver

Tateyama

Lowe

My Opening Day LineupKinsler - 2BAndrus - SS (need someone who can bunt to move runners in the 2 spot)Hamilton - LFBeltre - 3BVotto - 1BNapoli - CCruz - RFYoung - DHMartin - CF
I like your lineup better, and it's what I had early on, but I wonder if the OSB will consider batting Young 8th. It makes the most sense, but do egos clash as that point? It's a good problem to have.I haven't even considered Darvish at this point. I guess it should be considered, especially if/when Wilson leaves. You really need to do something to help the starting rotation.

I know you guys have your sights set on Fielder/Votto/Pujols, but what about a guy like Ryan Doumit? Seems like a 1B/C timeshare between Doumit and Napoli would suit this team well. Doumit would put up some pretty sick numbers in Arlington.

'ctdub said:
Uehara is going to resign with the Orioles. I thought they basically said he was gone.First Base is a huge pressing need at this point. Mitch did not develop this year and that caused a huge hole in the lineup. I'm not 100% sure they have to get power out of that spot. Need competent hitter and some defense. Only way this thing adds front rotation talent is to move some huge prospects. Seems like this could be a quiet offseason followed by a frantic period of activity after the all star break.
We have Uehara under contract for one more year. If he wants to go back to the Orioles he will have to be traded. Not sure what we could get bck from them for Koji?
oh, I thought he had an opt out or something.

I know you guys have your sights set on Fielder/Votto/Pujols, but what about a guy like Ryan Doumit? Seems like a 1B/C timeshare between Doumit and Napoli would suit this team well. Doumit would put up some pretty sick numbers in Arlington.
Could be a very good option. If you get a big 1B only bat, on days when Napoli does not catch, either him or Young will have to be out of the lineup. Someone like Doumit would be that nice half of the catching duo and leave flexability to get everyone in the lineup each game.

Could be a very good option. If you get a big 1B only bat, on days when Napoli does not catch, either him or Young will have to be out of the lineup. Someone like Doumit would be that nice half of the catching duo and leave flexability to get everyone in the lineup each game.
Exactly what I was thinking. Plus, he's a switch hitter, adding some flexibility to that scenario. You could also use the remaining money on a #1 pitcher. Just spit balling here though.ETA: Of course, Doumit might be a nice piece even with a big signing at first base. He can play OF as well, giving some flexibility to replace Murphy against lefties.

That's a lot more plausible than a Votto deal. The Reds don't really have to look seriously at moving Votto until next off-season. It would take a huge return to push that schedule up to this year. Assuming Profar is untouchable, it's hard to see the Rangers making that kind of offer without depleting their major league lineup.

Great job on BBTIA looking at the Rangers roster. It's long, so I won't post all of it here. Just a few worthy tidbits. Joey gives a good run down after each group. Read the whole thing if you have time.

SIGNED FOR 2012 ($68,250,000)

* DH Michael Young -- $16 million (FA-eligible after 2013)

OF Josh Hamilton -- $15.25 million (FA-eligible after 2012)

3B Adrian Beltre -- $15 million (FA-eligible after 2015-16)

2B Ian Kinsler -- $7 million ($10 million 2013 team option, then FA-eligible)

RHP Scott Feldman -- $6.5 million (2012-13 team options, then FA-eligible)

RHP Koji Uehara -- $4 million (FA-eligible after 2014)

C Yorvit Torrealba -- $3.25 million (FA-eligible after 2012)

OF Leonys Martin -- $1.25 million (FA-eligible after 2017-18)

ARBITRATION-ELIGIBLE FOR 2012 (est. $30,250,000)

C Mike Napoli -- est. $9.25 million (FA-eligible after 2012)

OF Nelson Cruz -- est. $5.5 million (FA-eligible after 2013)

RHP Mike Adams -- est. $4.75 million (FA-eligible after 2012)

OF David Murphy -- est. $3 million (FA-eligible after 2013)

SS Elvis Andrus -- est. $2.5 million (FA-eligible after 2014)

LHP Matt Harrison -- est. $2.5 million (FA-eligible after 2014)

RHP Mark Lowe -- est. $2 million (FA-eligible after 2012)

IF Andres Blanco -- est. $0.75 million (FA-eligible after 2014)

TEAM OPTIONS FOR 2012 ($3,250,000)

Colby Lewis -- $3.25 million ($250,000 buyout)

ON THE FENCE FOR 2012 (est. $2.75 million)

RHP Darren O'Day -- est. $1.5 million via arbitration (FA-eligible after 2014)

RHP Yoshinori Tateyama -- est. $1.25 million team option (FA-eligible after 2016)

INDENTURED FOR 2012 (est. $450,000 per player, or $2,700,000)

OF Julio Borbon

RHP Neftali Feliz

OF Craig Gentry

LHP Derek Holland

1B Mitch Moreland

RHP Alexi Ogando

FREE AGENTS FOR 2012

LHP C.J. Wilson -- est. $16-17 million (five years, $80-85 million)

LHP Darren Oliver -- est. $4 million (one year, $4 million)

LHP Mike Gonzalez -- est. $3.5 million (one year, $3.75 million)

OF Endy Chavez -- est. $2 million (one year, $2 million)

C Matt Treanor -- est. $1 million (one year, $1 million)

PRELIMINARY ESTIMATED 2012 PAYROLL: $104-105 MILLION

Also, here is a list of our Rule 5 eligible. Ramierez and Perez will both get roster spots. Rule 5 eligible

My Opening Day LineupKinsler - 2BAndrus - SS (need someone who can bunt to move runners in the 2 spot)Hamilton - LFBeltre - 3BVotto - 1BNapoli - CCruz - RFYoung - DHMartin - CF
I like your lineup better, and it's what I had early on, but I wonder if the OSB will consider batting Young 8th. It makes the most sense, but do egos clash as that point? It's a good problem to have.I haven't even considered Darvish at this point. I guess it should be considered, especially if/when Wilson leaves. You really need to do something to help the starting rotation.
Ya, it will be tough to move a guy who just finished 3rd in AL BA with 200 hits and 100 RBI to the 8 spot. As long as Beltre and Napoli can hit for average I think you have to have their power up there to clear the bases. I would actually like to see Napoli hit 3rd with as many pitches as he sees per at bat..

Pretty nice to again have the luxury of bringing Murphy in off the bench to cover the inevitable Hamilton and Cruz injuries (or young center fielder meltdown). Guy is solid. :thumbup:

Pretty nice to again have the luxury of bringing Murphy in off the bench to cover the inevitable Hamilton and Cruz injuries (or young center fielder meltdown). Guy is solid. :thumbup:
:goodposting: Murphy is just as important as many of the starters. Great guy and good value.Jon Daniels press conference was just held. He said all the right things. He did say that Colby's option has been picked up.

I thought there were a few fairly interesting things here...

If the Rangers do move Feliz to the rotation, they may have to make a major expenditure toward a closer, but there are several prominent ones who are free agents.

Daniels acknowledged that the market for closers is more attractive than starters, a list that includes Heath Bell, Jonathan Papelbon, Joe Nathan, Francisco Cordero and Jonathan Broxton among others. The caveat is the Rangers have been philosophically opposed to spending big dollars on relief pitchers in the past. Adams would be the leading in-house candidate, and he wants to be a closer.

The Rangers are still committed to Mitch Moreland at first base. Daniels acknowledged for the first time on Monday that Moreland was playing with tendinitis in his right wrist for much of the second half of the season. Moreland hit .272 with a .449 slugging percentage before the All-Star break and .241 with a .367 slugging percentage after the break.

"There are still some things that he's got to get better at, but I don't think the second half is an indication of what he is capable of," Daniels said.

One area of interest in the lineup could be center field. Daniels said the Rangers would like to keep Hamilton in left field again next year. That leaves Julio Borbon and Craig Gentry as the leading candidates in center field, with Leonys Martin still needing more development time.

Coco Crisp is the best of the free-agent center fielders unless the Rangers are willing to take a flyer on somebody like Grady Sizemore. He is 29 and was once considered one of the best young players in the game until he suffered a three-year run of injuries.
Full link

If the Rangers do move Feliz to the rotation, they may have to make a major expenditure toward a closer, but there are several prominent ones who are free agents.

Daniels acknowledged that the market for closers is more attractive than starters, a list that includes Heath Bell, Jonathan Papelbon, Joe Nathan, Francisco Cordero and Jonathan Broxton among others. The caveat is the Rangers have been philosophically opposed to spending big dollars on relief pitchers in the past. Adams would be the leading in-house candidate, and he wants to be a closer.
Full link
The myth of the proven closer again. They have Adams, Ogando and maybe Gonzalez as in-house options. Adams or Ogando have fewer question marks than Nathan, CoCo or Broxton and are much cheaper than Bell or Papelbon.

Full link
The myth of the proven closer again. They have Adams, Ogando and maybe Gonzalez as in-house options. Adams or Ogando have fewer question marks than Nathan, CoCo or Broxton and are much cheaper than Bell or Papelbon.
Moving Ogando to closer and Feliz to starter would be a head scratcher.

'Disco Stu said:
'Eephus said:
'Disco Stu said:

Full link
If Feliz is the most valuable arm in the organization, I think you can fit the supporting talent around whatever his role will be. Most pitchers don't offer a lot of flexibility but Ogando does. He can stay in the rotation or relieve.

'Eephus said:
'Disco Stu said:

Full link
They could always trade for Huston Street, I think a return to his Texas roots is just what he needs.

'Disco Stu said:
'Eephus said:
'Disco Stu said:

Full link
If Feliz is the most valuable arm in the organization, I think you can fit the supporting talent around whatever his role will be. Most pitchers don't offer a lot of flexibility but Ogando does. He can stay in the rotation or relieve.
I didn't explain, but at this point Ogando still has better off-speed pitches to work with than Feliz does. So (to me at least) it doesn't make sense to swap their roles.That said, Feliz did make strides in the second half. His slider improved, and he became less reliant on the fastball.

'Disco Stu said:
'Eephus said:
'Disco Stu said:

Full link
I didn't explain, but at this point Ogando still has better off-speed pitches to work with than Feliz does. So (to me at least) it doesn't make sense to swap their roles.That said, Feliz did make strides in the second half. His slider improved, and he became less reliant on the fastball.
I think the jury is out on whether Feliz will be a successful starter. Are his secondary pitches good enough, will he be durable, can he be consistent? But at some point, the Rangers are going to have to put up or shut up. As long as he doesn't get hurt or messed up mentally, there's no downside. He's a valuable asset regardless. But with one more cost controlled year of Adams to play with, it's a lower risk proposition to try Feliz at SP rather than wait until 2013.

Congrats to Beltre on his GG. It was a joy watching him in the field this year. Nothing like it since Buddy Bell.

'Bogart said:
Congrats to Beltre on his GG. It was a joy watching him in the field this year. Nothing like it since Buddy Bell.
How quickly you forgot Young's GG at Short.

Awards update...

Gold Glove - Adrian Beltre

Silver Slugger - Adrian Beltre

Man of the Year - Michael Young

I think the Rangers will give Neftali the chance to start next year (they can always put him back to the 9th inning if starting doesn't work well).

But I also think Ogando needs to stay in the rotation - he was very ineffective from the pen - whether it wss pressure or warmups or lack of confidence in using offspeed pitches.

If they just resign Gonzalez they should be fine with he and Adams handling the back end and if not they can trade for a closer.

I dont think Street should be an option - almost any salary would be an overpayment to a pitcher whose best years are behind him and would be a mistake pitching in Arlington.

You have to attempt to start Neftali next year. That seems a given. No reason to hold Adams and Feliz in the back of the bullpen. Waste of talent to not at least try.

Division with Houston will be so weak next year that this thing can get off to a slow start to try guys out and still cruise at least to the wildcard.

Not sure why Feldman is being written off.

Starting to miss the Mavs.

Mike Olt is absolutely crushing the Arizona fall league. Through 24 games, he leads the league in OPS (1.225), slugging (.800), home runs (13, second best is 7), total bases (76), and RBI (40).

Newberg discusses trade vs position change
Olt was hit by a pitch in his third at bat yesterday (stayed at 1B but didn't go back out in the field the following inning). Hopefully won't keep him out of the lineup today as he has just three more games (Tu/W/TH) in the AFL regular season to tie (14) or break (15) Brandon Wood's 2005 AFL record of 14 home runs.

Olt (and MI Leurys Garcia of Texas) and their Surprise Saguaro teammates will play for the AFL Championship game on Saturday vs the Salt River Rafter at 3 PM ET which will be carried live on MLB Network

'Disco Stu said:
Mike Olt is absolutely crushing the Arizona fall league. Through 24 games, he leads the league in OPS (1.225), slugging (.800), home runs (13, second best is 7), total bases (76), and RBI (40).

This email this morning (along with the mention of Profar in the second one) made my baseball pants go flying around the room. I'm not over the WS yet, but today was a good baseball day.

'Disco Stu said:

This email this morning (along with the mention of Profar in the second one) made my baseball pants go flying around the room. I'm not over the WS yet, but today was a good baseball day.
I wouldn't get too excited about AFL hitting stats. Only Surprise had a team ERA under five (4.99) and a team WHIP under 1.5 (1.45).

'Disco Stu said:

I wouldn't get too excited about AFL hitting stats. Only Surprise had a team ERA under five (4.99) and a team WHIP under 1.5 (1.45).
While it IS a hitters league - no doubt - still if Olt sets two or three records (needs just one HR to tie that record, four RBI for that record, and is already ahead of the record for Slug %) that is definitely something to be excited about - lots of current major leaguers have gone through the league without setting a record.

'Disco Stu said:

While it IS a hitters league - no doubt - still if Olt sets two or three records (needs just one HR to tie that record, four RBI for that record, and is already ahead of the record for Slug %) that is definitely something to be excited about - lots of current major leaguers have gone through the league without setting a record.
And he has almost twice as many HRs as the guy in second. At the very least, Olt is doing a much better than average job of taking advantage of poor pitching. I'm not even that excited about the actual stats, more the fact that Olt is leading in so many categories.

This made me giggle from a Halos blogger:

CJ Wilson Can Close the West GapTexas Rangers ace CJ Wilson is by far the most enticing starting pitching free agent this 2011 offseason. As many as nine teams may be in the running for him...including the Yankees and even his former team, the Rangers. Never count out the Red Sox either. But something truly rare may be forming behind the scenes. Brace yourself...here it comes........The Angels might actually have a legit shot at signing Wilson. And that would mean the first major free agent signing since Torii Hunter signed for 5 years and $90 million in the winter of 2007.That's right. This is, indeed, the same team that failed to re-sign Mark Teixeira in 2008; the team that claimed to be interested in CC Sabathia and Jake Peavy and ended up with nothing; the team that expressed heavy interest in ace Roy Halladay and got nothing; the team whose owner last offseason proclaimed that he would spend "whatever it takes" to reach the playoffs and ended up letting every top free agent get away.Want to know what the difference is this time? It's simple. Wilson wants to play here.Born in Newport Beach and raised in Fountain Valley, CJ Wilson has as much Southern California blood as Angels ace Jered Weaver himself. Having lived in the area for 22 of his 31 years of life, Wilson is most comfortable in the laid-back, sunny atmosphere.New Angels GM Jerry Dipoto recently met with Wilson's representatives, stating that their interest is "serious." Soon after, Wilson's views on the organization were made public, and he, too, has serious interest in the Halos. Two years ago, this was the man that called the Angels' offense weak, and even questioned their status as the powerhouse in the AL West.However, perhaps the roots are planted deeper than people think. Wilson may enjoy being a Ranger, but a chance to finally go home and be comfortable must be enticing. If Dipoto can get a deal done, then this AL West is a division to be had. It won't be cheap, though. Maybe as much as 6 years and near $100 million. But it might be worth it.Not only would the Angels have the best 1-4 starting rotation in the American League, but they would strip the Rangers of a precious commodity: their ace. Yes, the Rangers would still have a far superior offense than the Angels'. But, it is quite difficult to plug a hole in the very top of a team's rotation. They would have to move their closer, Neftali Feliz, into the rotation, and then spend resources to acquire a closer.If this is the case, then the Angels would have dealt Texas a big blow. Finally. The Rangers are notorious for signing ex-Angels and using them against the team, with great success so far (Vlad Guerrero, Bengie Molina, Darren Oliver, Darren O'day and Mike Napoli). It's time that the Angels finally had their say in the matter, and signing away the Rangers' ace would make a loud statement for sure.No matter how sporatic the Angels' offense may be, if they had a rotation led by Weaver, Wilson, Dan Haren, and Ervin Santana, multiple runs scored would only be a luxury, not a need. 1, 2 or 3 runs could stand up quite easily with those guys on their A-game. Consistently winning 3 of 5 games translated to 86 wins for Halos in 2011. Winning 4 of every 5 would mean pushing 100 wins.CJ Wilson is a player that won't bring a lot of unwanted baggage. He doesn't drink alcohol. He doesn't smoke. He doesn't do anything that will harm his body negatively, and he's a true team player, speaking up for his teammates. The only thing he does do, is pitch. And he's done it pretty well the last couple of seasons.Now, let's tighten that race up, shall we?
I guess the grass is always greener on the other side.

Joe Nathan for $7mm a year 2 years with an option... Seems like a lot of money. Not sure I like it at that price. But I trust the front office.

Not sure what we are going to do with the rotation now with Feliz in it. Assuming no SP additions we are looking at choosing 5 from Holland, Harrison, Lewis, Ogando, Feldman, Feliz. I wonder if they are considering going with a 6 man rotation? It might not be the worst thing considering the workload 4 of those 6 took on this year (many for first time) and Feliz being first year it would be good to watch his innings....

Joe Nathan for $7mm a year 2 years with an option... Seems like a lot of money. Not sure I like it at that price. But I trust the front office. Not sure what we are going to do with the rotation now with Feliz in it. Assuming no SP additions we are looking at choosing 5 from Holland, Harrison, Lewis, Ogando, Feldman, Feliz. I wonder if they are considering going with a 6 man rotation? It might not be the worst thing considering the workload 4 of those 6 took on this year (many for first time) and Feliz being first year it would be good to watch his innings....
my guess is that Feldman is the longman/insurance like they used late in the season. Still plenty of ooff-season though.

Joe Nathan for $7mm a year 2 years with an option... Seems like a lot of money. Not sure I like it at that price. But I trust the front office. Not sure what we are going to do with the rotation now with Feliz in it. Assuming no SP additions we are looking at choosing 5 from Holland, Harrison, Lewis, Ogando, Feldman, Feliz. I wonder if they are considering going with a 6 man rotation? It might not be the worst thing considering the workload 4 of those 6 took on this year (many for first time) and Feliz being first year it would be good to watch his innings....
my guess is that Feldman is the longman/insurance like they used late in the season. Still plenty of ooff-season though.
Who does Mike Adams have to sleep with to get a chance to close?

I think Nathan, at 7 million is a great deal. Two years removed from Tommy John, I expect him to be dominant. Add the fact that Feliz gets out into the rotation, and damn.

I think Nathan, at 7 million is a great deal. Two years removed from Tommy John, I expect him to be dominant. Add the fact that Feliz gets out into the rotation, and damn.
I don't think it's great value for a 37 year old reliever (Happy Birthday Joe!) who hasn't had a good year since 2009. I'm getting tired of complaining for teams overpaying for proven closers. It's not a ton of money in the grand scheme of things for a team like Texas, but it's not clear who else was going to offer Nathan that type of contract.Moving Feliz to the rotation and adding Nathan as closer could work out but neither are sure things. At least the Rangers have in-house options if one or both moves fail.

agree, great move. What people fail to see is that Nathan has not pitched a lot of innings, very low miles. The Rangers will be hard for the tigers and yankees to get by in the playoffs

agree, great move. What people fail to see is that Nathan has not pitched a lot of innings, very low miles. The Rangers will be hard for the tigers and yankees to get by in the playoffs
Low mileage on his rebuilt right elbow but he averaged 70 appearances between 2003 and 2009 :shrug:

I like the Nathan signing, almost love it.

I think his second half stats are very telling that he is back from his TJ surgery. I will take .197/.239/.367 from my closer no doubt. The length of the deal is very friendly, I like 2 years of Nathan vs four years of Papelbon.

And now the Feliz in the rotation era begins. :unsure:

Glad they got this deal done early so Feliz has as much time as possible to get ready for the switch, and I have every bit of confidence in JD, Nolan, OSB and Mike Maddux in what they are doing with this rotation.

I still think this thing goes out and gets another starter (Matt Garza anyone??) but if not, I think you roll like this:

Holland

Lewis

Feliz

Ogando

Harrison

Feldman as your first alternate.

Man that is a young rotation, with Holland, Harrison and Feliz all under 25.

I like the Nathan signing, almost love it.I think his second half stats are very telling that he is back from his TJ surgery. I will take .197/.239/.367 from my closer no doubt. The length of the deal is very friendly, I like 2 years of Nathan vs four years of Papelbon.And now the Feliz in the rotation era begins. :unsure: Glad they got this deal done early so Feliz has as much time as possible to get ready for the switch, and I have every bit of confidence in JD, Nolan, OSB and Mike Maddux in what they are doing with this rotation.I still think this thing goes out and gets another starter (Matt Garza anyone??) but if not, I think you roll like this:HollandLewisFelizOgandoHarrisonFeldman as your first alternate. Man that is a young rotation, with Holland, Harrison and Feliz all under 25.
And Ogando only 28. Neil Ramirez and Perez 1-3 years down the road.I love the Nathan move. Let's be honest, if the rest of the bullpen was worth a #### coming out of spring training last year, Feliz would have been a starter in 2011. But now with Nathan and Adams, he can go where he was envisioned to be when they traded for him.My only concern is Feliz's IP limit. He's at least one year behind schedule in that regard. They probably won't want him to throw more than 150 innings. That means he'll get skipped often, especially early. You'll want him fresh for another possible post-season run.

Johnny Narron was just hired the be Milwaukee's new hitting coach.

Where do I apply for the job of holding Hamilton's cash during the week? I know I will do it for half of what they were paying Narron.

Johnny Narron was just hired the be Milwaukee's new hitting coach.Where do I apply for the job of holding Hamilton's cash during the week? I know I will do it for half of what they were paying Narron.
yeah, I was wanting to apply for it myself, but realized that I liked Bourbon too much.

Users who are viewing this thread