Bogart

***Official Texas Rangers 2012 Thread***

1,074 posts in this topic

Pitchers and catchers reporting, mother####ers. Let's put this Hamilton BS behind us all.

Can I get an AMEN from the choir.Yu throwing to live batters today.

Found this tidbit interesting:

BA’s Jim Callis, asked to predict the starting lineups for the 2015 All-Star Game, has Jurickson Profar as the starting AL shortstop. (That will be the season after Elvis Andrus’s contract expires and he becomes a free agent, if not extended beforehand.) Profar will be 22 that year.

Really blew my mind. As good as this team is, what it could be still is yet to be seen.

Profar at SS, Andrus at 2B, Kinsler playing the MY role in 2015?

Splitting a half of a half season ticket package this year. Got some just sick seats too. It is 3 tickets together which I guess is odd enough to get us close in.

Splitting a half of a half season ticket package this year. Got some just sick seats too. It is 3 tickets together which I guess is odd enough to get us close in.

Nice. How much did that work out to per game?

If you ever find yourself needing to get rid of tickets last minute, let me know. I work 10 mins from the ballpark and would gladly pay for good seats during the week.

Yu got his left-handed throwing in yesterday to maintain his balance. He hit 86 on the gun. Left-handed.

:wub:

If you ever find yourself needing to get rid of tickets last minute, let me know. I work 10 mins from the ballpark and would gladly pay for good seats during the week.
Arlington resident so you can count me in on the possible emergency list, especially if just "happens" to be around when the Astros are in town. Edited by coolnerd

Sounds like Feldman had a nice 2 innings yesterday. Colby did what Colby does sometimes giving up a bomb. I sure hope Kirkman can get his head in this thing, he's the only bullpen lefty right now. Rangers might have to make a better offer to Gonzales.

I'm really curious how Feldman, Feliz, Harrison and Ogando do this spring. If Scott is inducing ground balls like we know he can he's going to be tough to keep out if the starting 5. He's better suited for a hitters park than some of the pitching options that are inked in... Going to be a fun week. Really enjoy hearing Nadel back on the radio.

Grant's 5 on the hot seat

1. Julio Borbon

2. Tanner Scheppers

3. Mark Lowe

4. Mitch Moreland

5. Koji Uehara

Mostly a good list. I don't know what happened to Scheppers. At one point he was a can't miss stud prospect, yet he hasn't really been heard from in about 12 months in any meaningful way. :shrug:

Assuming the policy is same as years past you can trade your tickets at the ticket office for comparable seats to a game you cannot make. If you miss a game and the tickets go unused, the ticket office will give you tickets to a new game for $1/ticket. Replacement tickets are only for sun-thur games.I have 4 seats, but since my son is under 2 years I don't use a ticket for him. So I save up the unused tickets and hit a few extra games for $1/ticket.

Assuming the policy is same as years past you can trade your tickets at the ticket office for comparable seats to a game you cannot make. If you miss a game and the tickets go unused, the ticket office will give you tickets to a new game for $1/ticket. Replacement tickets are only for sun-thur games.I have 4 seats, but since my son is under 2 years I don't use a ticket for him. So I save up the unused tickets and hit a few extra games for $1/ticket.
Yeah, they actually tell you what section your replacement will be in normally.

Grant's 5 on the hot seat1. Julio Borbon2. Tanner Scheppers3. Mark Lowe4. Mitch Moreland5. Koji UeharaMostly a good list. I don't know what happened to Scheppers. At one point he was a can't miss stud prospect, yet he hasn't really been heard from in about 12 months in any meaningful way. :shrug:

Good list. I don't see how Moreland is not the starting 1B on Opening Day but he does have the most competition for his spot. Borbon has to be kicking himself, he had forever to win the CF job and now is in competition with Gentry and Martin.Agree completely on Scheppers. Guy just disappeared.

Grant's 5 on the hot seat1. Julio Borbon2. Tanner Scheppers3. Mark Lowe4. Mitch Moreland5. Koji UeharaMostly a good list. I don't know what happened to Scheppers. At one point he was a can't miss stud prospect, yet he hasn't really been heard from in about 12 months in any meaningful way. :shrug:

Good list. I don't see how Moreland is not the starting 1B on Opening Day but he does have the most competition for his spot. Borbon has to be kicking himself, he had forever to win the CF job and now is in competition with Gentry and Martin.Agree completely on Scheppers. Guy just disappeared.
I don't think Lowe has any competition at all for his role, but I'm still not sure how he doesn't go down as a goat from Game6 exactly. Lots of passes being handed out over that whole debacle.

I don't think Lowe has any competition at all for his role, but I'm still not sure how he doesn't go down as a goat from Game6 exactly. Lots of passes being handed out over that whole debacle.
I keep thinking about going back and watching Game 6 again, just to see how many passes were handed out. But I just kick myself in the nuts and go and do something else for four hours.To my ####### grave with that game.

Yu to start today, throwing 2 innings.

I expect a performance not seen this side of Rick Helling.

I wish I could predict good things for feliz this year.

I wish I could predict good things for feliz this year.

I read a quote where he said he expects to get roughed up in ST as he works on things. That said, what a way to start the season.

Most people already know this, but just the annual "subscribe to The Newberg Report" if you don't already.

Jamey is in Surprise and his daily email makes my baseball pants burst into flames, fly around the room and morph into a fighting sports car every morning.

Not perfect, but I like what I saw out of Feliz' three innings of work against Col.

Any opinion's on Napoli's BA?

Last year was so far above anything he had ever done before.

In a points league I would take him after Santana, but in Roto I have my concerns. I don't like carrying dead weight in the formula categories.

It's a tough decision.

Any opinion's on Napoli's BA?

Last year was so far above anything he had ever done before.

In a points league I would take him after Santana, but in Roto I have my concerns. I don't like carrying dead weight in the formula categories.

It's a tough decision.

Not really.

While his BAvg will almost certainly regress some it won't be to a level that will hurt you and his power numbers as a catcher are impossible to beat. Keep him

Holland gets a 5-year/$28 million deal done.

I would say that is very team friendly, while giving Holland fair value on what should be 5 very solid years as a number 2 behind Yu.

So what is your favorite disability?

Going opening day and maybe Saturday as well. I guess I miss Yu's first start. ####### easter bunnies and all that ####.

So what is your favorite disability?Going opening day and maybe Saturday as well. I guess I miss Yu's first start. ####### easter bunnies and all that ####.

I'm going that Monday night, game 4. Thought it was going to be Yu's first start, but looks like they may split the leftys up.

This team can't hit it's way out if a paper bag this spring. Time for concern?

IMO The only concern one should have in spring training is whether the fielding looks crisp.

July 1 is snow monkey night.

July 1 is snow monkey night.

This will be epic.

RIP Grubes

Damn, I missed the announcement. Going to miss the little buddy.

RIP Grubes

Where's he going?

RIP Grubes

Where's he going?
I think back to school or something.

What are you guys expecting from Feliz this year?

A few brilliant games surrounded by some nightmarish outings. Expecting it to be a rollercoaster a lot like Holland the last few years. I just hope he can get to the point where he can string multiple QS together. I'd rather see Feldman or Ogando in the 5 spot personally. Edited by ctdub

Rotation set- Lewis, Holland, Harry, Darvish, Feliz

Harry is looking really good!

Rotation set- Lewis, Holland, Harry, Darvish, FelizHarry is looking really good!

:goodposting: Can't wait to be in the house for Darvish vs. Ichiro.

Speculative add on Harrison, how are camp reports?

Speculative add on Harrison, how are camp reports?

He won the number three starter role ahead of Darvish. Struck out 7 in 6 innings yesterday. The velocity is there at 94-95. Good movement on his off-speed stuff. His K/9 is up this spring.Anything bigger than an 8-team league, I would think Harrison should be on a team. You know he is going to get run support, so the wins will be there, and early results this spring are saying the other numbers should be there as well.

Rotation set- Lewis, Holland, Harry, Darvish, FelizHarry is looking really good!

:goodposting: Can't wait to be in the house for Darvish vs. Ichiro.
Just got my allocation... I got Monday night tickets! But I also bought 2 tickets to the new batters eye club for Monday night. I guess I will have to sell those now....