What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

General Malaise "vs." reading comprehension ; also some talk of skyim and the elder scrolls (1 Viewer)

Had a couple random run-ins with mages when traveling at night on Frost (horse from one of the Riften side quests). It was crazy seeing them work their magic at night - what a light show! Got 'em both, though - fun stuff.On the Frost quest, I was supposed to see a man about a horse once I was done with it, but he's disappeared - anyone do this and know where he went to?
Wife n kids are gone for most of the day. Cowboys played on Thanksgiving. Skyrim 8 hour session.
Follow the GPS. You meet him outside the town.

I love the little tie-ins that make Skyrim seem like such a lived world.Last night I was playing my mage character. He's making the journey to the College of Mages with Lydia when we come across a broken down wagon. The owner? Cicero. The cargo? His dead mother. :lmao:There was even a mini-quest involved to help him fix the wagon.
I did this already as well (interesting outcome, depending on which way you go with that...doesn't change much, game-wise, but it does for the characters involved).But unpack the Cicero & his dead mother bit. :confused:

I have no idea who the top pic is. :confused:
Game of Thrones HBO series.
Gotcha. I watched the opening episode of that series and thought it was so contrived and formulaic that I never bothered again.What a pile of crap. Why, oh why, does it get so much attention?
That series is the most un-formulaic fantasy series I've ever read.
Never read the books. While I still like the genre, I mostly left those books behind when I was 16. The last fantasy I read was a nostalgic rereading of the Riftwar Saga a few years back. Oh and Tolkien just before the movies came out.But the opening episode of Game of Thrones was awful. I was :rolleyes: with every scene and had no desire ever watch another.

Gotcha. I watched the opening episode of that series and thought it was so contrived and formulaic that I never bothered again.What a pile of crap. Why, oh why, does it get so much attention?
game of thrones is formulaic?

ok
I watched the opening episode and had no desire to ever watch another.Oh look, here's a bunch of characters desperately trying to break free from the bonds of medieval gender roles. Yea. Real cutting edge. Deconstructing 1100 year old gender roles. Plus it was just so...self-conscious. HERE WE ARE MAKING A STATEMENT ABOUT HOW IT SUCKED BEING A WOMAN IN MEDIEVAL SOCIETY BECAUSE YOU WERE PROPERTY FOR ARRANGED MARRIAGES. Et cetera.

I could see something like this with one character to add pathos, but every single effing character? Essentially basing the plot on it? Gawd.

Tolkien it is not. Hell, Weis and Hickerman, it is not.

Maybe it gets better down the line. I did only watch the opening episode. But I was so bored and annoyed that could care less what happened next.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have faith though. One day one of these cable networks will create the fantasy equivalent of Battlestar Gallatica and I will be one happy dork.

ok
I watched the opening episode and had no desire to ever watch another.Oh look, here's a bunch of characters desperately trying to break free from the bonds of medieval gender roles. Yea. Real cutting edge. Deconstructing 1100 year old gender roles. Plus it was just so...self-conscious. HERE WE ARE MAKING A STATEMENT ABOUT HOW IT SUCKED BEING A WOMAN IN MEDIEVAL SOCIETY BECAUSE YOU WERE PROPERTY FOR ARRANGED MARRIAGES. Et cetera.

I could see something like this with one character to add pathos, but every single effing character? Essentially basing the plot on it? Gawd.

Maybe it gets better down the line. I did only watch the opening episode. But I was so bored and annoyed that could care less what happened next.
I think you're reacting to something that is a very small part of that series. Game of Thrones has its issues, IMO, and I imagine many fantasy fans might lament that it draws more inspiration from the medicis and the Wars of the Roses than Tolkein. But gender issues are only a small part of a massive series.

ok

Way off here on the the Game of Thrones storyline.

Don't mean to interrupt this odd burst of misdirected game of thrones hate, but the new skyrim patch should be out this week. Supposedly will help fix the ps3 lag issue.

Guys, I said I watched episode 1. That's it. That's what was there. It sucked.

It must get better somehow, but the first episode of the TV series blew.

Had a couple random run-ins with mages when traveling at night on Frost (horse from one of the Riften side quests). It was crazy seeing them work their magic at night - what a light show! Got 'em both, though - fun stuff.

On the Frost quest, I was supposed to see a man about a horse once I was done with it, but he's disappeared - anyone do this and know where he went to?
Wife n kids are gone for most of the day. Cowboys played on Thanksgiving.

Skyrim 8 hour session.
Follow the GPS. You meet him outside the town.
He's sometimes not there if you went to talk to Maven first. Because she says she's giving you Frost's ownership papers, but then she doesn't actually give them to you. And the guy only shows up if you have them. So you still have to go to their estate outside of town and steal them.

'dharmapunk said:
Guys, I said I watched episode 1. That's it. That's what was there. It sucked.It must get better somehow, but the first episode of the TV series blew.
:lmao:From the sounds of it, you don't even know what happened in the first episode.

That's it. Sometime this week I'm going to rewatch that steaming pile of crap on Netflix and come back with a more detailed smackdown.

IT'S ON

That's it. Sometime this week I'm going to rewatch that steaming pile of crap on Netflix and come back with a more detailed smackdown.

IT'S ON
read the books instead. Trust, well, like lots and lots and lots of people.then watch the show.
All shtick aside, I have no time to read them. Work stuff comes first. My winter break reading list is also outrageous. Besides, it'll be more fun ripping that single episode apart. ;)

weird thing just now:

stumbled upon one of the big (main?) dragons "reincarnating" a dead dragon. I've seemed to interruped the process. So now I'm face to face with a live dragon skeleton who can only sniff me.
:shrug:

is the laggy gameplay only on ps3, or are the 360 users having issues?

checked my memory and I have 45G free, not sure what's up

Last edited by a moderator:
weird thing just now:

stumbled upon one of the big (main?) dragons "reincarnating" a dead dragon. I've seemed to interruped the process. So now I'm face to face with a live dragon skeleton who can only sniff me.
and now it's talking to me
How far into the main storyline have you gotten?not very far.
went up to white beards, followed a quest or two after (where I saw the one from the opening scene resurrecting another dead one).

is the laggy gameplay only on ps3, or are the 360 users having issues? checked Mt memory and I have 45G free, not sure what's up
Only Ps3. It has to do with how the system saves info. On the PS3 the gamefiles get bigger and bigger the further you get into the game.

weird thing just now:

and now it's talking to me
How far into the main storyline have you gotten?
not very far.
went up to white beards, followed a quest or two after (where I saw the one from the opening scene resurrecting another dead one).
Wow. Might be a bug.

Users who are viewing this thread