What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

General Malaise "vs." reading comprehension ; also some talk of skyim and the elder scrolls (1 Viewer)

These girls seem like cool awesome chicks. High school Acer wouldn't have given them the time of day. Adult Acer realizes he should have been looking for more then the slutty stupid girls because they weren't exactly flocking to him.

'Matthias said:
Thanks guys. I'll try again to tonight. I will be victorious

Matt's > your flame antronoch anything special. They always seem to take mine out real quick.

I also don't have any perks on my arrow so I'm sure that is hurting me also.
Nope. Same spell as yours. I may have cast him twice in that fight. But the real key is just getting Malyn cut off from the herd and finishing him off before they come around. I got his attention with the arrows but then once he charged me I used some combation of destruction and swords to the face. Someone else's idea of an invisibility potion would also probably work out well.
I tried potion of brief invisibility like fly said and it didn't even phase them. Saw right thru it
It probably helped that my guy is a sneak-based guy.I summoned a Draemora Lord to occupy his flunkies, then went invisible and snuck past the battle to reach Malyn. Then I threw the kitchen sink at him. You have to hit him hard and fast before his flunkies run back to help.

Love Lara. I follow her on youtube and twitter. :unsure: Edit: Pretty sure she just figures out how to play these songs by listening to them. She can play piano and violin. Amazing.

Check out her crushing the Game of Thrones theme.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wanted to say what others have already said: If you're a Mage, get the impact perk asap. Makes a huge difference in fights. Was in a 2 hour long dungeon last night where the Falmer's were killing me, got the impact perk and owned them, even in large numbers.

Might have been covered but just a few tips I have learned

Making Iron daggers is cheap and will level up you and smithing.

Enchanting the daggers will greatly increase their value and level up you and enchanting.

Give your follower a weapon with the soul capture enchant and empty soul gems and they can help in filling those up.

Freeze Shout:I've got first level breath of frost and it doesn't freeze these guys or even slow them downPotions:Using all I have every time and still getting worked.Ironflesh: Have stoneflesh and tried that and it did not do squat.Thanks for all the help, going to keep trying. Maybe leave room after I have killed the first two?
Breath of Frost is a different shout. Ice Form is the one that freezes.

Just wanted to say what others have already said: If you're a Mage, get the impact perk asap. Makes a huge difference in fights. Was in a 2 hour long dungeon last night where the Falmer's were killing me, got the impact perk and owned them, even in large numbers.
What do you think it helps with. I have impact and have used fire, ice and sparks and I never see any of my enemies fall backwards or go off balance like the perk says

Sometimes I hate this game. Just tried for an hour and a half to defeat Malyn. No dice and I'm so stubborn that I can't just leave and come back later I watched a video of a guy doing it. Those 3 summoned guys don't ever leave where they are and be hides. I try it and all 3 are on me in 10 seconds.
The way I did it was I let him summon his dremora and let them start coming to me. Then I ran past them and attacked Moraki (whatever his name is) and killed him. Then I ran around like a little ##### drinking potions until the guy pulled me out of the soul gem.

What do you think it helps with. I have impact and have used fire, ice and sparks and I never see any of my enemies fall backwards or go off balance like the perk says
Are you dual casting?

Sometimes I hate this game. Just tried for an hour and a half to defeat Malyn. No dice and I'm so stubborn that I can't just leave and come back later I watched a video of a guy doing it. Those 3 summoned guys don't ever leave where they are and be hides. I try it and all 3 are on me in 10 seconds.
The way I did it was I let him summon his dremora and let them start coming to me. Then I ran past them and attacked Moraki (whatever his name is) and killed him. Then I ran around like a little ##### drinking potions until the guy pulled me out of the soul gem.
So the guy pulls you out even if you havent killed the 3 henchmen?

Are you dual casting?
yes. Good call yesterday by the way

Thanks Matts. I think a trip to the College is in order to buy some new spells. Ive been dealing with the minimum the whole time. I do have fire ball which is awesome.

Are you dual casting?
yes. Good call yesterday by the way
You're doing something wrong then. Dual-casting will stagger your opponent. You sure you have the perk? Also, pretty sure it doesn't work if you're casting apprentice-level spells. Try it on something like ice spike.

Quick question. Sorry if this has been addressed, but I am trying to avoid reading this thread to much as there are just to many spoilers hanging out there in the open and I don't want to spoil any surprises.

I am very early in the game, having just made it to White Run. I picked up a side quest and, in completeing it, got a treasure map (reminds me of the good ol' Pirates days!). Recognized the area, so went and tried to find it. I couldn't after an exhaustive search. I knew based on the map I was in the right spot, but I just couldn't locate it. Finally gave up and did a quick google search. Found a site with videos of all treasure map locations, so I watched the video on this particualr treasure. After watching the video, I knew I had walked right past the spot several times (it's very obvious). Was upset with myself, wondering how the heck I could have missed it when I was right there! So I loaded up the game and walked back. Right to the very spot showed in the video. Nothing. I didn't miss it, it simply wasn't there!

So, my question, is this a bug? Should it have been there? Or do you have to perhaps somehow trigger it being there even though you have the map? Is it possible that I did miss it first time and, once you get close and don't grab it, an NPC can wander by later and find it?

You are going to want to kill those guys somehow, they each are packing a Daedra heart.

You are going to want to kill those guys somehow, they each are packing a Daedra heart.
OK. Im going to go pick up some spells and go back down and try again. Just found out that I get to leave work on Friday at 10:30 and my wife and kids will be at Radio City to see the Christmas show. Cant wait for an all day session

Quick question. Sorry if this has been addressed, but I am trying to avoid reading this thread to much as there are just to many spoilers hanging out there in the open and I don't want to spoil any surprises.I am very early in the game, having just made it to White Run. I picked up a side quest and, in completeing it, got a treasure map (reminds me of the good ol' Pirates days!). Recognized the area, so went and tried to find it. I couldn't after an exhaustive search. I knew based on the map I was in the right spot, but I just couldn't locate it. Finally gave up and did a quick google search. Found a site with videos of all treasure map locations, so I watched the video on this particualr treasure. After watching the video, I knew I had walked right past the spot several times (it's very obvious). Was upset with myself, wondering how the heck I could have missed it when I was right there! So I loaded up the game and walked back. Right to the very spot showed in the video. Nothing. I didn't miss it, it simply wasn't there!So, my question, is this a bug? Should it have been there? Or do you have to perhaps somehow trigger it being there even though you have the map? Is it possible that I did miss it first time and, once you get close and don't grab it, an NPC can wander by later and find it?
Apparently this is an issue with the latest patch. I have searched for the same treasure only to find it not there. It should end up getting fixed soon enough when the next patch comes out. Don't worry though, I've found some treasures before the patch installed and they are nothing incredible. A few potions, some coin and maybe a nice leveled weapon or two but it is nothing that gives you any disadvantage in the game. So just put the treasure maps on the backburner until the patch fixes it.

'Matthias said:
So I'm up to L23 and it seems that dungeons are more of a hassle than a real challenge at this point. I still gotta juke and move when I get to the boss or 4 or more dudes hanging out together, but other than that, I smoke all the undead pretty handily. Do the undead ever get kicked up a notch? Or have I started hitting the point where the game becomes more of an exercise in patience and grinding it out than a real challenge?Also, for anyone going mostly/all mage: probably 2/3 - 3/4 of your level bonuses should go to magicka and the rest in health. Right now I'm running around with 400 magicka, 170 health, 100 stamina, basically no armor, and still finding that I'm more short on magicka than I am health. Every once in a while I'll drop one into health to make it harder to get 1-shot killed but that's about it.
The enemies scale within a certain preset range. Some enemies will get harder and others will stay the same. Draugers will become Restless Drauger, they will become like Drauger Wights and eventually something like Drauger lords. Also since your a mage the undead tend to be pretty easy in dungeons but you may find that as you level and enter forts that bandits might prove somewhat of a challenge. I've rolled a few builds and have found that the undead tend to be pretty easy no matter what, spiders tend to be a bit harder with melee attacks because they can bite you and cause some damage but are cake with ranged players and sneaks, bandits and forsworn can be a bit tougher with magic characters because of your lack of armor and such. If you want some challenges search out some big bandit camps or forsworn hideouts. The forsworn move fast and if your not careful some can come close to 1-2 hitting you.

'Matthias said:
But this is mostly useful if you've moved your smithing up high enough to make them into something, right? Or am I missing something.
Correct... It is good to keep the hearts but no real urgency is truely needed since if you really end up needing the hearts you can just to the Mehrunes Razor quest and get 4 hearts and after that every few days when you go back to the shrine 4 more daedra will respawn.

'Matthias said:
So I'm up to L23 and it seems that dungeons are more of a hassle than a real challenge at this point. I still gotta juke and move when I get to the boss or 4 or more dudes hanging out together, but other than that, I smoke all the undead pretty handily. Do the undead ever get kicked up a notch? Or have I started hitting the point where the game becomes more of an exercise in patience and grinding it out than a real challenge?

Also, for anyone going mostly/all mage: probably 2/3 - 3/4 of your level bonuses should go to magicka and the rest in health. Right now I'm running around with 400 magicka, 170 health, 100 stamina, basically no armor, and still finding that I'm more short on magicka than I am health. Every once in a while I'll drop one into health to make it harder to get 1-shot killed but that's about it.
The enemies scale within a certain preset range. Some enemies will get harder and others will stay the same. Draugers will become Restless Drauger, they will become like Drauger Wights and eventually something like Drauger lords. Also since your a mage the undead tend to be pretty easy in dungeons but you may find that as you level and enter forts that bandits might prove somewhat of a challenge. I've rolled a few builds and have found that the undead tend to be pretty easy no matter what, spiders tend to be a bit harder with melee attacks because they can bite you and cause some damage but are cake with ranged players and sneaks, bandits and forsworn can be a bit tougher with magic characters because of your lack of armor and such. If you want some challenges search out some big bandit camps or forsworn hideouts. The forsworn move fast and if your not careful some can come close to 1-2 hitting you.
Yeah, try Mistwatch. I'm actually finding that quite a few creatures are proving a little tougher than they ought to be. I am lvl 16 and put all perks into destruction, restoration, and sneak, with two in one-handed and one in light armor. Thinking I need to invest more heavily in either restoration magic or light armor.

'Matthias said:
So I'm up to L23 and it seems that dungeons are more of a hassle than a real challenge at this point. I still gotta juke and move when I get to the boss or 4 or more dudes hanging out together, but other than that, I smoke all the undead pretty handily. Do the undead ever get kicked up a notch? Or have I started hitting the point where the game becomes more of an exercise in patience and grinding it out than a real challenge?Also, for anyone going mostly/all mage: probably 2/3 - 3/4 of your level bonuses should go to magicka and the rest in health. Right now I'm running around with 400 magicka, 170 health, 100 stamina, basically no armor, and still finding that I'm more short on magicka than I am health. Every once in a while I'll drop one into health to make it harder to get 1-shot killed but that's about it.
What's your difficultly setting at?

Finally finished up the civil war quest yesterday. I gotta say -- that whole quest line kind of sucked.
Yeah, with a couple of exceptions the mission types were uninspired. The devs generally really could have used someone on the team capable of thinking of more creative quests than "go to a spot, kill everyone, and maybe retrieve an item."

Finally finished up the civil war quest yesterday. I gotta say -- that whole quest line kind of sucked.
Yeah, with a couple of exceptions the mission types were uninspired. The devs generally really could have used someone on the team capable of thinking of more creative quests than "go to a spot, kill everyone, and maybe retrieve an item."
I've only watched these things on YouTube, but I found the Fort and City attack missions in the civil war quests to be a refreshing change from the solo dungeon crawls I had seen in so many other quests (like the Mage College quests).

I've only watched these things on YouTube, but I found the Fort and City attack missions in the civil war quests to be a refreshing change from the solo dungeon crawls I had seen in so many other quests (like the Mage College quests).
The first city attack/defense is cool, but the novelty wears off after you are tasked with doing the same thing 3-4 more times.

Anyone know a good place to harvest some ebony ore/ingots?
There's an orc village slightly South East of Windhelm that has a non-monster inhabited ebony mine, a smelter and a black smith. You can walk out of there with a few dozen ebony ingots.

Anyone else ever get this stuck in their heads

We're the children of Skyrim, and we fight all our lives.

Scoob, why are you watching the whole game on youtube and not playing itJust curious
I don't own an X-Box 360, a PS3 or a computer purchased in the past 5 years that I don't use for work.Also, I'm the worst gamer ever. Normally, when I play a quest game, I just want to see the story. I'm not particularly interested in the interactive part of it.

There's an orc village slightly South East of Windhelm that has a non-monster inhabited ebony mine, a smelter and a black smith. You can walk out of there with a few dozen ebony ingots.
:thumbup: Thanks Drift, will check on it tonight when I get back from work.
It's called Gloombound Mine. The orcs in the village will hate you but shouldn't attack -- you can do a little quest to make them like you. But who really cares whether some orcs like you or not when you're rocking your full set of daedric armor that you created with all the ebony ore you brought back.

:thumbup: Thanks Drift, will check on it tonight when I get back from work.
It's called Gloombound Mine. The orcs in the village will hate you but shouldn't attack -- you can do a little quest to make them like you. But who really cares whether some orcs like you or not when you're rocking your full set of daedric armor that you created with all the ebony ore you brought back.
I'm a Nord, I dont think Orcs have any feelings... :boxing:

Finding myself getting bored with this game now... ~40 hours in.

Done the Dark Brotherhood quests, Done the Mages Guild stuff, walked all over the place and back, etc... Nearing completion of the main quest as well.

I think it's a fun game and all and I'll never complain about 40 hours of entertainment from a game, but it's feeling like a chore now. I never walk anywhere, just get my location and fast travel. It seems like everything is feeling a little formulaic now after 60+ quests completed and I'm just kinda done with it.

Speaking of the DB, I still have yet to be visited by them and I've hardly been a choir boy. How many innocent people do I have to take out before they contact me?

Would it go quicker if I became a werewolf and just started chowing on people?

Last edited by a moderator:
So I'm about to jump into the game this afternoon, after I trade in MW3. Wondering what race/class combination would be the best(most fun/effective) to choose. I know it's mainly subjective to each person. But any experienced opinions would be great.

Speaking of the DB, I still have yet to be visited by them and I've hardly been a choir boy. How many innocent people do I have to take out before they contact me?

Would it go quicker if I became a werewolf and just started chowing on people?
Hint: You need to take on and execute a contract for a non-sanctioned hit.

Users who are viewing this thread