What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

General Malaise "vs." reading comprehension ; also some talk of skyim and the elder scrolls (1 Viewer)

Odd thing happened to me last night. Decided to hoof it from Whiterun to Riften by buying a horse. I really enjoyed the horse ride but I caught a thief running away by mistwatch so I get off my horse to talk to him. I have to chase him down a bit. I start walking back to my horse and it bailed on me. Couldnt find it anywhere.

I perform my tasks for the main quest where I have to find the old guy for Delphine. We fast travel back to Riverwood and there is Acers horse chilling out. Not sure what happened there

Ok I think I'm going to give RPG another try. I want to play more BF3 first but this past couple of weeks have been uber hectic.

Is it worth it to buy from store/amazon or just downlaod from steam :noob: :bag:

My dragons are bugged. when one appears, it shoots fire, then will just fly in place, but never gets farther or closer, even if I run towards them. I ended up just rolling a pure mage and might go back go that character later. This is the 360 version, btw.
Mine too,I had 2 dragons that fly backwards and did the same thing

Then, I find one that is flying around properly. I get down over there and slay it quickly but then it doesnt let me absorb the dragon soul :rant: :rant: :rant:

I hope they get this freaking patch over to 360 ASAP!.

My dragons are bugged. when one appears, it shoots fire, then will just fly in place, but never gets farther or closer, even if I run towards them. I ended up just rolling a pure mage and might go back go that character later. This is the 360 version, btw.
Mine too,I had 2 dragons that fly backwards and did the same thing

Then, I find one that is flying around properly. I get down over there and slay it quickly but then it doesnt let me absorb the dragon soul :rant: :rant: :rant:

I hope they get this freaking patch over to 360 ASAP!.
Because of this whenever I see a dragon, I will just run away from it until the new patch v1.3 is applied...What a pain in the ###

Patch 1.3 is out for PC. The list of fixes includes:

General stability improvements

Optimize performance for Core 2 Duo CPUs (PC)

Fixed Radiant Story incorrectly filling certain roles

Fixed magic resistances not calculating properly

Fixed issue with placing books on bookshelves inside player purchased homes

Fixed dragon animation issues with saving and loading

Fixed Y-look input to scale correctly with framerate

The bold is the dragons flying backwards.

Apparently they also said they are working on a patch that will allow the game to make use of a full 4GB of memory. Right now you can download a user mod that will do that for you, but good that Bethesda is getting to it. Hope they get around to fixing the HUD for multiple monitors, though Hayden's fix has been working great for me in the meantime.

I haven't downloaded the patch yet... I disabled auto-updating in Steam so I can back up the directory before getting a new one in case it breaks anything I don't want broken. Will probably do it tomorrow and give it a try.
I wish they would allow Eyefinity setups. I know there are things you can do to the .ini file and such, but it is dumb they don't allow it natively, and the menus are just unusable even so, just like in Fallout New Vegas.

Odd thing happened to me last night. Decided to hoof it from Whiterun to Riften by buying a horse. I really enjoyed the horse ride but I caught a thief running away by mistwatch so I get off my horse to talk to him. I have to chase him down a bit. I start walking back to my horse and it bailed on me. Couldnt find it anywhere.I perform my tasks for the main quest where I have to find the old guy for Delphine. We fast travel back to Riverwood and there is Acers horse chilling out. Not sure what happened there
I believe if you own a horse, that when you fast travel it brings your horse with you, wherever it was. So if you lose the horse that's an easy way to get it back.One of the best Oblivion user mods was "Dude, Where's My Horse?". It basically made a quest with your horse as the objective so you could see it on the compass and the map.

Odd thing happened to me last night. Decided to hoof it from Whiterun to Riften by buying a horse. I really enjoyed the horse ride but I caught a thief running away by mistwatch so I get off my horse to talk to him. I have to chase him down a bit. I start walking back to my horse and it bailed on me. Couldnt find it anywhere.I perform my tasks for the main quest where I have to find the old guy for Delphine. We fast travel back to Riverwood and there is Acers horse chilling out. Not sure what happened there
Most horses tend to run from fights but they are around you just have to search for them.. They should be back when you fast travel. You want a kickass horse, do the quest to get the horse named Frost.

Patch 1.3 is out for PC. The list of fixes includes:

General stability improvements

Optimize performance for Core 2 Duo CPUs (PC)

Fixed Radiant Story incorrectly filling certain roles

Fixed magic resistances not calculating properly

Fixed issue with placing books on bookshelves inside player purchased homes

Fixed dragon animation issues with saving and loading

Fixed Y-look input to scale correctly with framerate

The bold is the dragons flying backwards.

Apparently they also said they are working on a patch that will allow the game to make use of a full 4GB of memory. Right now you can download a user mod that will do that for you, but good that Bethesda is getting to it. Hope they get around to fixing the HUD for multiple monitors, though Hayden's fix has been working great for me in the meantime.

I haven't downloaded the patch yet... I disabled auto-updating in Steam so I can back up the directory before getting a new one in case it breaks anything I don't want broken. Will probably do it tomorrow and give it a try.
I wish they would allow Eyefinity setups. I know there are things you can do to the .ini file and such, but it is dumb they don't allow it natively, and the menus are just unusable even so, just like in Fallout New Vegas.
I agree Bethesda needs to support Eyefinity. In the meantime though it is really easy to get it set up. Just get your display set up normally in Eyefinity. I'm running three screens at 6048x1200 including bezel correction.Go to your Documents/My Games/Skyrim folder, make a copy of SkyrimPrefs.ini just to be safe, and then edit the original. Under [Display] find and edit these two lines to reflect your new resolution:

iSize H=1200

iSize W=6048

When done, save a copy of your edited version, as doing some things in the SkyrimLauncher can overwrite it, so good to be able to revert back.

Then go to http://widescreengamingforum.com/dr/elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/en and download whatever is the current Hayden's fix at the top of the thread. For the Skyrim 1.3 patch it is version 0.9 currently for the fix. Save this file over to where you launch Skyrim from. You launch this file first without Skyrim running, and hit "Inject Patch". Then run Skyrim using the TESV.exe instead of SkyrimLauncher (to avoid overwriting that prefs file we changed). Hayden's fix will basically intercept the menus and move them to the center screen.

Early versions you sometimes had to use ~ and + to swap between two different modes to get the map to work right, but he got it fixed in more recent versions so that isn't an issue. I have had times where I would run the fix and it wouldn't fix the HUD, but if so I just shut the game down, shut down the fix, and relaunched and it always worked on the second try if so.

By the way, I had to completely disable anti-aliasing to use Eyefinity. It worked fine with 1 monitor, but when I went to three I was getting about 1 FPS. As soon as I disabled it I jumped up to 25-30 FPS in the city and 40-60 in dungeons or buildings.

Edit to add: Here is a forum where people discuss wide screen gaming issues with Skyrim. It's also where Hayden is posting at so if you have problems with the fix you can ask there about it, and get notified if there is a new fix that comes out. Right now he's having to update it each time there is a patch, and so far he's keeping it up to date pretty quick. People are throwing donations to him on paypal for his work. http://widescreengamingforum.com/forum/forums/multi-monitor-gaming/multi-monitor-gaming/18156/eyefinity-skyrim-confirmed-hor-broken-m?page=169

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way, for people on the PC... you can disable that Bethesda logo splash movie that runs when you first start the game so it takes you right to the menu where you choose to Continue, Load, etc.

Just go to your Data folder, probably something like C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/skyrim/Data. Go into the Video folder, and rename BGS_Logo.bik to something else. It won't find the video that way and will just skip it. Each time Steam downloads a new version you'll need to repeat those steps to remove it again.

Most horses tend to run from fights but they are around you just have to search for them.. They should be back when you fast travel. You want a kickass horse, do the quest to get the horse named Frost.
Just make sure that if you're going to get in a fight/find a new bandit hideout/etc. that you park Frost a good ways away, because that bad boy will jump into every fight once he hears that music. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten off of him, gone into sneak mode, and had him shoot right past me up to the bad guys and start busting heads. I swear I can hear him whinnying "Leeeeeeroy Jenkinssssssssssssss" as he gallops by me :wall:

any ideas where Frost would go if I stole him and then he got separated from me? he doesn't reappear when I fast travel.
I lost him once and found him in the stables outside White Run. But I think I've lost him again since and haven't bothered to find him. I haven't used any companion help either, unless they are assigned to the quest. Too much clutter and not enough control of the horse.

'CBusAlex said:
'Copeman said:
Still trying to get used to the xbox controller, having not owned a console since the 1st playstation. Been a pc gamer all these years. Does the d-pad not do anything in this game?Enjoying the game very much, but need to get used to the controller. So used to the precision of the mouse in these types of games.
The D-Pad doesn't do anything in any game. I don't know why they even put it on there.
Uhhhh....The favorites menu is accessed by using the D-pad. Unless you plan on going to the main menu to switch items every time, it is incredibly useful in this game.
Also, left/right on the d-pad is your quick switch... go to your favorites menu and hold down left/right to assign your quick switch.

'CBusAlex said:
'Copeman said:
Still trying to get used to the xbox controller, having not owned a console since the 1st playstation. Been a pc gamer all these years. Does the d-pad not do anything in this game?Enjoying the game very much, but need to get used to the controller. So used to the precision of the mouse in these types of games.
The D-Pad doesn't do anything in any game. I don't know why they even put it on there.
Uhhhh....The favorites menu is accessed by using the D-pad. Unless you plan on going to the main menu to switch items every time, it is incredibly useful in this game.
Also, left/right on the d-pad is your quick switch... go to your favorites menu and hold down left/right to assign your quick switch.
Forgot about that I will make sure to reactivate that this evening :thumbup: Thanks Worm

Just make sure that if you're going to get in a fight/find a new bandit hideout/etc. that you park Frost a good ways away, because that bad boy will jump into every fight once he hears that music. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten off of him, gone into sneak mode, and had him shoot right past me up to the bad guys and start busting heads. I swear I can hear him whinnying "Leeeeeeroy Jenkinssssssssssssss" as he gallops by me :wall:
I stopped slow travelling between cities with Frost because I couldn't keep him out of fights. That horse has a problem

CARROTS ARE THE NEW CALIPERS

I need to know what to do with all these carrots. I can't make beef stew with all of them.

CARROTS ARE THE NEW CALIPERSI need to know what to do with all these carrots. I can't make beef stew with all of them.
Yeah, I stopped picking up food the first time I read the bonuses in the food you can create back in Riverwood. Sort of reminds me of Fallout... there wasn't anything with good enough bonuses to make it worth cooking there either.Can always "sell" them to a merchant to help your Speech increase.

Enchanting is up to 94. Can't wait to hit 100 and double up enchantments.

Do I gather correctly that you can't make a Destruction + Magicka Regen armor that is as good as the Master Robes? I'm getting about 60 Magicka Regen on individual items, and 25 Destruction. But if I try the join one you get from disenchanting mage robes, even with a Grand soul it gives something piddly like 5% Destruction and 10% Magicka.

Thinking about getting this game for the PS3 but I've been reading that there are a lot of issues with the game not playing well after your save file gets too big. Can anyone confirm this? I read it was especially bad on the PS3. Dont want to read 46 pages to find this info and I dont want to get a game, invest 20 hours into it and not have it playable.

Thanks

Thinking about getting this game for the PS3 but I've been reading that there are a lot of issues with the game not playing well after your save file gets too big. Can anyone confirm this? I read it was especially bad on the PS3. Dont want to read 46 pages to find this info and I dont want to get a game, invest 20 hours into it and not have it playable.Thanks
There are problems with all systems but ps: seems to be worst. It's different for everyone. I haven't has too many problems since the patch but I have froze 2-3 times. Dharma punk has froze like 5-6 times.

Thinking about getting this game for the PS3 but I've been reading that there are a lot of issues with the game not playing well after your save file gets too big. Can anyone confirm this? I read it was especially bad on the PS3. Dont want to read 46 pages to find this info and I dont want to get a game, invest 20 hours into it and not have it playable.Thanks
I've played more hours than I care to admit on the PS3. I get some lag when I've Had the game on for a long time, but other than that I've experienced very little lag. There are some glitches, but it sounds like some of those are platform-independent (dragons flying backward, for one).Bottom line: II'd buy again for the PS3.

I've played more hours than I care to admit on the PS3. I get some lag when I've Had the game on for a long time, but other than that I've experienced very little lag. There are some glitches, but it sounds like some of those are platform-independent (dragons flying backward, for one).Bottom line: II'd buy again for the PS3.
:goodposting:

:goodposting:
Thank you for the info. I am going to go ahead and get this game based on the responses. I am sure I will really get into it.

I was playing Wednesday night on my PS3 and it froze FIVE times. :thumbdown:

Amazon has it on sale today as one of their "Best Deals." Regularly $59.99 on sale for the unbelievable price of $59.96.

That's right, order now and save 3 cents!

Enchanting is up to 94. Can't wait to hit 100 and double up enchantments.Do I gather correctly that you can't make a Destruction + Magicka Regen armor that is as good as the Master Robes? I'm getting about 60 Magicka Regen on individual items, and 25 Destruction. But if I try the join one you get from disenchanting mage robes, even with a Grand soul it gives something piddly like 5% Destruction and 10% Magicka.
I'm at 100... it's 15% Destruction/ 10% Magicka with a Grand soul for me. With the double enchantment the best I can do is...40% dest/10% mag15% dest/72% mag25% dest/62% mag

'Kirby said:
'Greg Russell said:
Enchanting is up to 94. Can't wait to hit 100 and double up enchantments.Do I gather correctly that you can't make a Destruction + Magicka Regen armor that is as good as the Master Robes? I'm getting about 60 Magicka Regen on individual items, and 25 Destruction. But if I try the join one you get from disenchanting mage robes, even with a Grand soul it gives something piddly like 5% Destruction and 10% Magicka.
I'm at 100... it's 15% Destruction/ 10% Magicka with a Grand soul for me. With the double enchantment the best I can do is...40% dest/10% mag15% dest/72% mag25% dest/62% mag
You can get it a little higher than that when using a fortify enchantment potion, but that's pretty close to what you'll get. But, you can put the enchantment on gloves, armor, necklaces, and rings. Meaning, if you went with the 25% destruction on all 4 items, every destruction spell would be free. It's pretty nuts what you can do with it.

'Kirby said:
'Greg Russell said:
You can get it a little higher than that when using a fortify enchantment potion, but that's pretty close to what you'll get. But, you can put the enchantment on gloves, armor, necklaces, and rings. Meaning, if you went with the 25% destruction on all 4 items, every destruction spell would be free. It's pretty nuts what you can do with it.
is it possible to stack fortify enchantment potions (can you take 20 at once)

'Kirby said:
'Greg Russell said:
I don't believe so, tried it with strength potions to see if my carry weight could be increased more than once, but no dice.

'Smoo said:
'Greg Russell said:
Can always "sell" them to a merchant to help your Speech increase.
Pretty sure Speech training is based on amount earned. Carrots sell for 0.
It's based on actual object value, not based on your selling value. They have a value of 1, so should still give a small Speech increase. I imagine at high levels of Speech you probably can sell them for money. Iron arrows also have a value of 1, but when my Speech hits the 30s and I've got another +40% in perk, item and blessing bonuses, I can sell them for 1 coin each.

'Kirby said:
'Greg Russell said:
Fortify skill potions do not stack with each other, so it's a waste to drink more than one.Items with fortify skill bonuses do stack, and can be combined with blessings, perks, and the potion.Repeating the aforementioned warning about pickpocket bonus... if it gets too high your chance of stealing starts to drop to 0%.

'boots11234 said:
I got a PS3 Fat, my save file is at about 9MB now and I notice some glitching here and there, but it works pretty well. Most of the slow down is when the autosaving is executing, so I don't move the character until its done. If you have a PC with a solid video card, I'd go that route, I just picked up Oblivion to see how it looks on PC, and it looks way better than Skyrim on PS3.

'GroveDiesel said:
I was playing Wednesday night on my PS3 and it froze FIVE times. :thumbdown:

Amazon has it on sale today as one of their "Best Deals." Regularly $59.99 on sale for the unbelievable price of $59.96.

That's right, order now and save 3 cents!
:lol: I've been tracking it on http://camelcamelcamel.com for awhile and they've had it as low as 52.99 so far.

For those who are making money by enchanting items and selling them... the Banish power is by far the best power to enchant. It's worth about 3x to 4x as much as the next closest power, Paralyze. It's hard to find though. I actually paid 9000 coins for an item to get it (after having passed up a 4k item earlier in the game). But with 100 Enchant doing dual enchants of Banish and Paralyze, my iron daggers have a base value of over 1700.

Oh, and since the 1.3 patch, I've noticed that corpses are disappearing. I was carpeting an area with dead thieves in Riften and after the patch they disappeared, and the next two I dragged over there were gone within a day or two of their death. Dragon bodies have been going away as well.

How the heck do you actually make money in this game? I'm a level 16 now and I never have any money. If I try to sell stuff, they'll offer me like 200 gold for something and then turn around and sell it for 1700. WTH?

How the heck do you actually make money in this game? I'm a level 16 now and I never have any money. If I try to sell stuff, they'll offer me like 200 gold for something and then turn around and sell it for 1700. WTH?
I have been broke the entire game until recently. Just started to make some money when I hit the mid 20's in level.

the late night five finger discount should make you dough. also steal all the metals and gems you can find and make jewelry to sell.

How to make money.

Early game and for small sums, stealing everything in sight and selling to the Thieves Guild fence is decent. Thieves Guild can be found in Riften, talk to the people in the market. Once you complete a quest or two you can use the fence.

Raising your Speech

Picking up and selling everything you can helps. But if you just want to level up Speech quickly to get a better margin on what you sell, go into the Meadery in Riften, and talk to the guy behind the counter. Ask him about Maven and you'll get a chance to do a Persuasion check. You can ask him that same topic repeatedly, increasing Speech each time. It really isn't necessary to put perks into Speech as you can make a ton of money.

Improve your barter

There are a few ways to improve barter besides your Speech. An altar of Zenithar will give you +10% for 7 hours. You can find one if you go to the Riften stable, head down the hill, and turn right after the 2nd watch tower, going up the hill along the tiny dirt path. There is a critter up there the first time you go. You'll find the altar, and also can pick up an Amulet of Zenithar that also gives a 10% bonus. So between the two you've got a 20% bonus, you just need to equip it when selling, and check your Active Effects in the magic menu every once in awhile to make sure you don't need to go refresh it. Also realize any other altar you pray at will replace it.

Another way you can improve your Barter is to complete the beginning of the Thieves Guild and wear the hood that they give you when selling things. It's a +10%, so with the two above you're up to +30% on prices.

Pickpocket trainers

If you are training your stats, a lot of your money in the game goes to trainers. You can steal the money back from them, essentially training for free. The more money, the harder it is to steal back, so you may need to train once, steal it back immediately, repeat. Also, if you go this route, your will level super fast as Pickpocket increases quickly when stealing the amounts of coin you spend for trainers. You can also just pickpocket normal people, there are a lot of people with jewelry that will sell for 75-100.

Enchant

Enchanting weapons is incredibly easy to make money. It's like having your own printing press. First you'll need to disenchant some weapons to learn the enchantment you'll put on it. Banish (banishing Daedra) is the best but weapons won't show up with it until you're higher level. Paralyze is next best, followed by Absorb Health. Early game, Turn Undead and Damage Stamina are the two that you are most likely to find weapons with. The money for weapons is much, much higher than that for armor, so don't bother trying to enchant armor unless you plan to use it.

To churn out weapons, head up to the mage college in Winterhold and buy up all the Petty soul gems you can, including those that have souls. Buy the Soul Trap spell and head out into the wild. Every time you come across a critter, hit him with a Soul Trap spell before killing him. You have to be in touching range. You can also use a weapon with Soul Trap on it, though you have 60 seconds to kill it with the spell, only a few seconds with a weapon.

I normally enchant whatever weapons I find in my travels, but if you don't have weapons to put the enchantment on, just head to any blacksmith and buy up their iron ore, and also some leather strips or leather. The ore is much cheaper than ingots, and you can smelt it into ingots at most of the blacksmiths, including whiterun where it's kind of set back behind the building and forge a little. Turn them into iron daggers at a forge and then enchant the daggers. You won't make money off of just making the daggers and selling them, but with the enchantment you'll make enough even starting out with Damage Stamina that you can afford to buy ore and a soul gem with a Petty or Lesser soul already in it, and still make money. The enchantment adds the same amount of money regardless of weapon type, so you won't make any more by making a sword instead of a dagger. The dagger requires the least amount of materials, so is the best to do. It's very easy to just run around and kill wolves and such to fill up gems.

Right now I have about 20k in coins and I probably have 30 weapons sitting in a chest I haven't bothered to sell yet, with a 1k or more selling price at 50 speech... made with 100 enchant, dual enchanted with Banish and Paralyze.

Potions

Another easy way to make money, though in lesser amounts than Enchant, is by making potions. Every time you go through a town with an alchemy shop, stop in and buy all the ingredients that are low price. Starting out I buy anything that costs 10 coins or less. As my alchemy goes up and I start making more money for potions I buy higher and higher priced ingredients. I generally dump them all in a chest in my Whiterun house and then when I've accumulated a lot, go potion crazy.

How to make money.

Early game and for small sums, stealing everything in sight and selling to the Thieves Guild fence is decent. Thieves Guild can be found in Riften, talk to the people in the market. Once you complete a quest or two you can use the fence.

Raising your Speech

Picking up and selling everything you can helps. But if you just want to level up Speech quickly to get a better margin on what you sell, go into the Meadery in Riften, and talk to the guy behind the counter. Ask him about Maven and you'll get a chance to do a Persuasion check. You can ask him that same topic repeatedly, increasing Speech each time. It really isn't necessary to put perks into Speech as you can make a ton of money.

Improve your barter

There are a few ways to improve barter besides your Speech. An altar of Zenithar will give you +10% for 7 hours. You can find one if you go to the Riften stable, head down the hill, and turn right after the 2nd watch tower, going up the hill along the tiny dirt path. There is a critter up there the first time you go. You'll find the altar, and also can pick up an Amulet of Zenithar that also gives a 10% bonus. So between the two you've got a 20% bonus, you just need to equip it when selling, and check your Active Effects in the magic menu every once in awhile to make sure you don't need to go refresh it. Also realize any other altar you pray at will replace it.

Another way you can improve your Barter is to complete the beginning of the Thieves Guild and wear the hood that they give you when selling things. It's a +10%, so with the two above you're up to +30% on prices.

Pickpocket trainers

If you are training your stats, a lot of your money in the game goes to trainers. You can steal the money back from them, essentially training for free. The more money, the harder it is to steal back, so you may need to train once, steal it back immediately, repeat. Also, if you go this route, your will level super fast as Pickpocket increases quickly when stealing the amounts of coin you spend for trainers. You can also just pickpocket normal people, there are a lot of people with jewelry that will sell for 75-100.

Enchant

Enchanting weapons is incredibly easy to make money. It's like having your own printing press. First you'll need to disenchant some weapons to learn the enchantment you'll put on it. Banish (banishing Daedra) is the best but weapons won't show up with it until you're higher level. Paralyze is next best, followed by Absorb Health. Early game, Turn Undead and Damage Stamina are the two that you are most likely to find weapons with. The money for weapons is much, much higher than that for armor, so don't bother trying to enchant armor unless you plan to use it.

To churn out weapons, head up to the mage college in Winterhold and buy up all the Petty soul gems you can, including those that have souls. Buy the Soul Trap spell and head out into the wild. Every time you come across a critter, hit him with a Soul Trap spell before killing him. You have to be in touching range. You can also use a weapon with Soul Trap on it, though you have 60 seconds to kill it with the spell, only a few seconds with a weapon.

I normally enchant whatever weapons I find in my travels, but if you don't have weapons to put the enchantment on, just head to any blacksmith and buy up their iron ore, and also some leather strips or leather. The ore is much cheaper than ingots, and you can smelt it into ingots at most of the blacksmiths, including whiterun where it's kind of set back behind the building and forge a little. Turn them into iron daggers at a forge and then enchant the daggers. You won't make money off of just making the daggers and selling them, but with the enchantment you'll make enough even starting out with Damage Stamina that you can afford to buy ore and a soul gem with a Petty or Lesser soul already in it, and still make money. The enchantment adds the same amount of money regardless of weapon type, so you won't make any more by making a sword instead of a dagger. The dagger requires the least amount of materials, so is the best to do. It's very easy to just run around and kill wolves and such to fill up gems.

Right now I have about 20k in coins and I probably have 30 weapons sitting in a chest I haven't bothered to sell yet, with a 1k or more selling price at 50 speech... made with 100 enchant, dual enchanted with Banish and Paralyze.

Potions

Another easy way to make money, though in lesser amounts than Enchant, is by making potions. Every time you go through a town with an alchemy shop, stop in and buy all the ingredients that are low price. Starting out I buy anything that costs 10 coins or less. As my alchemy goes up and I start making more money for potions I buy higher and higher priced ingredients. I generally dump them all in a chest in my Whiterun house and then when I've accumulated a lot, go potion crazy.
Good stuff.
An easy way to fill soul gems is give your follower a weapon with the soul capture enchant and empty soul gems and they will fill them for you

Users who are viewing this thread