Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
boubucarow

***Chicago Cubs Thread***

On 9/9/2019 at 5:38 PM, FairWarning said:

It saddens me that we are possibly watching the end of their playoff run.    If they make the playoffs, I can't see them beating Washington in a one-game playoff.  

We Believe in Yu

How can you not have any faith with the miracle turnarounds by both Yu and Chatwood?

On 9/10/2019 at 4:36 PM, Wrigley said:

It's friggen baseball, anything can happen

👍 Like Yu and Chatwood combining for a perfect game in a one game playoff.

14 minutes ago, Encyclopedia Brown said:

This one really hurts. 

It was a run

Just now, ffldrew said:

YADI!!!!!

Blah Blah Borning

Joe deserves to come back. Yes, he has his quirks with bullpen management, but he is a rock solid manager, with great instincts, and excellent control of the clubhouse.

The poor roster construction, the inability to develop a single frontline SP in eight drafts, the rushing of Kimbrel to the majors, is all on Theo/Jed. 

• Laughing 1

36 minutes ago, Encyclopedia Brown said:

Joe deserves to come back. Yes, he has his quirks with bullpen management, but he is a rock solid manager, with great instincts, and excellent control of the clubhouse.

The poor roster construction, the inability to develop a single frontline SP in eight drafts, the rushing of Kimbrel to the majors, is all on Theo/Jed. 

Agreed, this season isn’t Joes fault 

Pennant race getting a little boring, tbh  :yawn:

Cardinals first trip back to the playoffs since the Cubs beat them in 15 

not our year 

Maddon out.

Time to move on but he isn't the guy whiffing on these FA pickups. Can't fault for spending but man there's so many whiffs.

Team has been built with the same exact type offensive players. Lets get a bit of speed on the bases instead of being a station to station team thats always waiting for the next home run.

The most shocking thing of the season was Yu and Chatwood getting over their control issues at almost the same time. So bizarre.

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL

Ross in. (According to sources)

We’ll see if he can transition from teammate/friend/grandpa to manager.  

Get rid of the old guy for a guy nicknamed grandpa 

I'm not sold on this.  What happens the first time Ross needs to discipline someone?  Do they take him seriously?  I guess it doesn't really matter.  Maybe Theo or Jed handle that?

On 10/29/2019 at 7:15 AM, Grahamburn said:

I'm not sold on this.  What happens the first time Ross needs to discipline someone?  Do they take him seriously?  I guess it doesn't really matter.  Maybe Theo or Jed handle that?

x2

Terrible idea IMO. I don't foresee the Cubs doing much next season anyway. Boring station to station team reliant on the long ball with an uninspiring rotation and awful bullpen.

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL
  • Like 1

Kris Bryant seems to be taking the grievance regarding his service time very personally. He is still angry about it, four and a half years later. The situation might be untenable. 

I keep seeing trade scenarios on various blogs. 

One has Bryant to Philadelphia for Segura and their top prospect Alec Brohm. 

Another is Bryant and Almora to Atlanta for Max Fried and Ender Inciarte. 

• Like 1

I doubt anything will happen with Bryant before there's a ruling on his grievance.  There's a huge difference in his trade value depending on the outcome.

The Cubs convention begins in earnest with the Cubs alienating Anthony Rizzo,  the most popular player since Ryne Sandberg. 

They told him they won't work on a long-term extension, and will not promise to pick up next year's team option. 

I will miss Pedro Strop. He was one of the best middle relievers in team history. Rock solid for a very long time. 

The Clevenger trade is highlighted with Arrieta, but it would have been a winning trade even if Strop was the only player in the deal. 

• Like 1

The departures of Strop and Edwards mark the end of the 2016 championship bullpen.  They were decent to start with but the deadline addition of Chapman and Montgomery was huge.

Cubs will surprise this year 

• Like 1