What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Let's Talk Penn State Football (1 Viewer)

Tom Servo said:
Outside of the Vikes, Minnesota doesn’t seem like football territory to me. IMO, it’s all about hockey at all levels and maybe wrestling as I know pro wrestlers Shelton Benjamin and Brock Lesnar competed there. 
Don't get me wrong, hockey support is high in MN, but the Vikings are king.  They are one of the few teams that has been consistently competitive.  Yes, they've had down years but they don't go through decades long periods of being bad like some other professional teams here.

There is enough football fandom in town to support a good DI program.

Don't get me wrong, hockey support is high in MN, but the Vikings are king.  They are one of the few teams that has been consistently competitive.  Yes, they've had down years but they don't go through decades long periods of being bad like some other professional teams here.

There is enough football fandom in town to support a good DI program.
Fair enough. I do have bad vision, so I may not see things clearly from this distance. :D  

None of it really matters. Just have to keep winning. A 1 loss PSU won't get in even if that loss is to OSU because we won't have the B1G champ game on the resume.

We need to handle Minnesota.

None of it really matters. Just have to keep winning. A 1 loss PSU won't get in even if that loss is to OSU because we won't have the B1G champ game on the resume.

I agree, they only go to the playoff if they win out.  Take care of business against Minny this week.

I would add that a 1 loss PSU team is definitely in the NY6 mix - most likely the Rose Bowl.  That could be a rematch against the Ducks or Utah. :yucky:

I would add that a 1 loss PSU team is definitely in the NY6 mix - most likely the Rose Bowl.  That could be a rematch against the Ducks or Utah. :yucky:
Yea but we don't want the Rose Bowl right now. Getting in the playoff would be huge for this school.

ClownCausedChaos2 said:
Holy crap.  TV has dictated that PSU-OSU will be a noon game, 11 AM in Columbus.  
Leaning heavily toward going to this game if we beat Minnesota on Saturday.  Mixed feelings since I was there 2 years ago where we led all game just to give it away at the end.  On the one hand, it could be "unfinished business".  On the other hand, could turn out like the Michigan game last year in Ann Arbor.

The plus side of a noon game is that I can actually get home after the game that night (5.5 hour drive) and not have to spend an extra night in Columbus.

Leaning heavily toward going to this game if we beat Minnesota on Saturday.  Mixed feelings since I was there 2 years ago where we led all game just to give it away at the end.  On the one hand, it could be "unfinished business".  On the other hand, could turn out like the Michigan game last year in Ann Arbor.

The plus side of a noon game is that I can actually get home after the game that night (5.5 hour drive) and not have to spend an extra night in Columbus.
Have you ever been there before?

I think that a close loss to Minnesota is better than a close loss to OSU if playoffs are the end goal. Reverse that if you are hoping for the Rose Bowl. 

Or more simply we could just win out. 

I think that a close loss to Minnesota is better than a close loss to OSU if playoffs are the end goal. Reverse that if you are hoping for the Rose Bowl. 

Or more simply we could just win out. 
A loss to Minnesota and there is no playoff. 

It's obvious that Chase Young should be suspended for the rest of the season to maintain the integrity of the duhOSU program.

And to increase our chances of winning.

It's obvious that Chase Young should be suspended for the rest of the season to maintain the integrity of the duhOSU program.

And to increase our chances of winning.
Realistically, he's being suspended for Maryland and Rutgers (because they don't need him for those games) in the hopes that the NCAA buys that as legitimate punishment for whatever he did. That way he can still play against PSU and Michigan. We'll see if the NCAA goes along with that.

Realistically, he's being suspended for Maryland and Rutgers (because they don't need him for those games) in the hopes that the NCAA buys that as legitimate punishment for whatever he did. That way he can still play against PSU and Michigan. We'll see if the NCAA goes along with that.
One report I saw said he took money from an agent. :shrug:  

A loss to Minnesota and there is no playoff. 
Ya, the only Big10 team going to the playoff is an undefeated conference champion, as long as the rest of the season plays out to script.  Clemson is currently out, looking in.  A loss by OSU or PSU knocks them out, unless something happens to the other top teams unexpected.

Yes, back in 1993 (our first year in the B1G) and then two years ago in 2017.  Both disappointing losses.
I lived there for 6 years in the 90s and met my wife there. Strangely, I only went there to a game once...against Wyoming. Let's just say I like Beaver Stadium much better.

Users who are viewing this thread