What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Let's Talk Penn State Football (2 Viewers)

So despite the horrible showing in Minnesota, we still have it all in our hands. They better come to play their best game of the year next week. This is the single biggest game of Franklin's tenure. 

I have not seen anything in the last 2 weeks that indicates this team is ready for OSU. Could get ugly. 
Nope. But we have seen they can bring it up a notch for an opponent. The Michigan game they came to play (and hung on for dear life). 

Have to hope they can bring it up a level for the game of their lives.

9-1.  Just played 4 ranked teams in past 5 games, beating three of them.  Playing with house money at this point.

On to Columbus.  Last three PSU-OSU games have been epic and about as even as you can get (88-87 PSU cumulative score).

No one will be expecting much from us other than getting blown out.

Will be there to root on the Lions, hoping there is some magic left in the universe like there was in 2016.

Last edited by a moderator:
9-1.  Just played 4 ranked teams in past 5 games, beating three of them.  Playing with house money at this point.

On to Columbus.  Last three PSU-OSU games have been epic and about as even as you can get (88-87 PSU cumulative score).

No one will be expecting much from us other than getting blown out.

Will be there to root on the Lions, hoping there is some magic left in the universe like there was in 2016.
PSU will have played half their schedule against ranked teams. At worst, we’ll be 4-2 in those games. That’s probably going to put us in The Rose Bowl against the PAC 12 champ. 

Tom Servo said:
PSU will have played half their schedule against ranked teams. At worst, we’ll be 4-2 in those games. That’s probably going to put us in The Rose Bowl against the PAC 12 champ. 
Unless the PAC Champ ends up top 4 which could happen. 

Hamler, Cain, and Menet all in full uniform participating in drills.  Looks like we might be at full-strength after all

I don't think it will be a blowout. I just hope Franklin got these guys ready to play. The Minnesota loss may actually help in getting these guys to focus today. Stay locked in. Fight to the last tick. Hopefully we come away with the win. 

PSU 34 OSU 30

I feel like we're right there.  Made a huge stop and making some good plays.  Getting the ball down the field (although stalling).  Need to get a score and push the momentum over the hump.

Last edited by a moderator:
They have to just ball out second half. Go for it on 4th every time (when they should). RUN THE ### #### BALL!

If Clifford is healthy I think he needs to go back in. The Levis gimmick isn't going to work further unless he can throw it deep.

28-17 on the road to possibly the best team in the country.  The kids played tough on both sides of the ball.  I don't understand why they didn't double on Young more and try to take some shots downfield.  Seemed awfully conservative on the playcalling.  

Worth repeating: The kids played their guts out.

28-17 on the road to possibly the best team in the country.  The kids played tough on both sides of the ball.  I don't understand why they didn't double on Young more and try to take some shots downfield.  Seemed awfully conservative on the playcalling.  

The play calling was terrible in the first half.   Should have been more runs right at them and then a shot or two downfield.   The OC really needs to go.   The PSU D played really well.   OSU couldn't run the ball consistently.    

There's no shame in that.  None, that is, except for Rahne and his apparent bad play calling.  Once Rutgers gets put through the meat grinder next week, we'll be 10-2 and a worthy NY6 bowl contender.  

IOW, prepare to head to Florida for New Years.

Cupcake schedule until they play a decent team.  They will play ND in a bowl game and get their butts whipped.  Wash, Rinse, Repeat.  Overrated

Users who are viewing this thread