Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
ClownCausedChaos

Let's Talk Penn State Football

I think one thing we can agree on is THANK GOD WE AREN’T MICHIGAN!!!

• Love 2
  • Laughing 2

Rahne takes four PSU coaches with him.

Per Audrey Snyder:

Kirk Campbell, Kevin Reihner and Kevin Smith all join Ricky Rahne’s staff at Old Dominion. Mark Dupuis was Rahne’s first hire last month. All of course coming with him from Penn State.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

Rahne takes four PSU coaches with him.

Per Audrey Snyder:

Kirk Campbell, Kevin Reihner and Kevin Smith all join Ricky Rahne’s staff at Old Dominion. Mark Dupuis was Rahne’s first hire last month. All of course coming with him from Penn State.

To paraphrase Cliff Clavin, Who are four guys who have never been in my kitchen?”  I am a season ticket holder and couldn’t pick any of those guys out of a lineup.

Now, if he comes after Losey then the gloves come off...

Edited by Tin Cup

1 hour ago, CentralPA said:

A couple of notes:

1. Supposedly, this was already investigated criminally and the DA chose not to pursue charges
  2. The attorney representing this kid is that same one representing the former team doctor suing the university...so suing the university seems to be a thing for him.

Humphries was a legacy (dad was a former player).

Edited by Tin Cup

6 hours ago, Tin Cup said:

A couple of notes:

1. Supposedly, this was already investigated criminally and the DA chose not to pursue charges
  2. The attorney representing this kid is that same one representing the former team doctor suing the university...so suing the university seems to be a thing for him.

Don't quote me on this, but I think I remember that the Dad and kid weren't still that close, so his Dad wouldn't really have influenced him to come. I think this is the kid, but not sure. 

On 1/2/2020 at 2:30 PM, Jutz said:

Hamler encouraged Clifford to go to PSU.  

Really? Hamler is from Cincinnatti, Hamler from Michigan and didn't play in 2016 after tearing his acl in  preseason. Both came to PSU in 2017. 

44 minutes ago, The Man With No Name said:

Really? Hamler is from Cincinnatti, Hamler from Michigan and didn't play in 2016 after tearing his acl in  preseason. Both came to PSU in 2017. 

Yeah, they met on the camp “tours” and became close friends. 

16 hours ago, Tin Cup said:

A couple of notes:

I saw more than a few former players state that this definitely did not happen and his time there was spent whining and having an attitude.

Do I know what happened there?  Nope. What I've seen * so far * is that this will end up being a nothingburger. 

If things change, I reserve the right to re-evaluate and come to a different conclusion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

I saw more than a few former players state that this definitely did not happen and his time there was spent whining and having an attitude.

Do I know what happened there?  Nope. What I've seen * so far * is that this will end up being a nothingburger. 

If things change, I reserve the right to re-evaluate and come to a different conclusion.

I agree, the whole story isn't out yet and I am reserving judgement.  Either way this is definitely very unwanted especially since 'IT' wasn't so long ago.

Twitterverse on the other hand, as usual, is out for blood.

• Like 1

As an outsider, it seems unlikely that there have been absolutely no references to Sandusky and what happened there between any of the players that have passed through the locker room since the fallout occurred. Kids are stupid, kids say stupid things, kids think joking about terrible things can be okay, etc. 

I also think that something like that being said is a far, far cry from being an actual threat made from one kid to another. 

59 minutes ago, RUSF18 said:

As an outsider, it seems unlikely that there have been absolutely no references to Sandusky and what happened there between any of the players that have passed through the locker room since the fallout occurred. Kids are stupid, kids say stupid things, kids think joking about terrible things can be okay, etc. 

I also think that something like that being said is a far, far cry from being an actual threat made from one kid to another. 

I was actually thinking those jokes would most likely made by other teams, especially when they are playing at Penn State and changing in the locker room. 

8 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

Here's an article discussing some of the reactions from current and former players:

https://www.centredaily.com/sports/college/penn-state-university/psu-football/article239294273.html?fbclid=IwAR3Gl9rc_kSccEuM5y03w7p3jbNxBk77kgV4BLJggi1BK_5g-PdX2fsVcvA

Just now, ClownCausedChaos2 said:

Ricky Slade entering the transfer portal.  That was a crowded backfield.  Had to figure at least one would do it.

Yup

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ClownCausedChaos2 said:

Ricky Slade entering the transfer portal.  That was a crowded backfield.  Had to figure at least one would do it.

would have never guessed both he and Shorter would leave.  you just never know.

3 hours ago, joffer said:

would have never guessed both he and Shorter would leave.  you just never know.

Well, they were roommates neither of which was happy with his role.  Not hard to imagine that the mutual discontent got in both their heads.

• Like 3

Unfortunate but good luck to Ricky if he leaves.  RB is beyond stack now though.  WR might be a weakness.

• Like 1