What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Let's Talk Penn State Football (2 Viewers)

Rahne takes four PSU coaches with him.

Per Audrey Snyder:

Kirk Campbell, Kevin Reihner and Kevin Smith all join Ricky Rahne’s staff at Old Dominion. Mark Dupuis was Rahne’s first hire last month. All of course coming with him from Penn State.
To paraphrase Cliff Clavin, Who are four guys who have never been in my kitchen?”  I am a season ticket holder and couldn’t pick any of those guys out of a lineup.

Now, if he comes after Losey then the gloves come off...

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple of notes:

1. Supposedly, this was already investigated criminally and the DA chose not to pursue charges
  2. The attorney representing this kid is that same one representing the former team doctor suing the university...so suing the university seems to be a thing for him.
Humphries was a legacy (dad was a former player).
Don't quote me on this, but I think I remember that the Dad and kid weren't still that close, so his Dad wouldn't really have influenced him to come. I think this is the kid, but not sure. 

A couple of notes:

1. Supposedly, this was already investigated criminally and the DA chose not to pursue charges
  2. The attorney representing this kid is that same one representing the former team doctor suing the university...so suing the university seems to be a thing for him.
Humphries was a legacy (dad was a former player).
I saw more than a few former players state that this definitely did not happen and his time there was spent whining and having an attitude.

Do I know what happened there?  Nope. What I've seen * so far * is that this will end up being a nothingburger. 

If things change, I reserve the right to re-evaluate and come to a different conclusion.

I saw more than a few former players state that this definitely did not happen and his time there was spent whining and having an attitude.

Do I know what happened there?  Nope. What I've seen * so far * is that this will end up being a nothingburger. 

If things change, I reserve the right to re-evaluate and come to a different conclusion.
I agree, the whole story isn't out yet and I am reserving judgement.  Either way this is definitely very unwanted especially since 'IT' wasn't so long ago.

Twitterverse on the other hand, as usual, is out for blood.

As an outsider, it seems unlikely that there have been absolutely no references to Sandusky and what happened there between any of the players that have passed through the locker room since the fallout occurred. Kids are stupid, kids say stupid things, kids think joking about terrible things can be okay, etc. 

I also think that something like that being said is a far, far cry from being an actual threat made from one kid to another. 

As an outsider, it seems unlikely that there have been absolutely no references to Sandusky and what happened there between any of the players that have passed through the locker room since the fallout occurred. Kids are stupid, kids say stupid things, kids think joking about terrible things can be okay, etc. 

I also think that something like that being said is a far, far cry from being an actual threat made from one kid to another. 
I was actually thinking those jokes would most likely made by other teams, especially when they are playing at Penn State and changing in the locker room. 

Here's an article discussing some of the reactions from current and former players:

https://www.centredaily.com/sports/college/penn-state-university/psu-football/article239294273.html?fbclid=IwAR3Gl9rc_kSccEuM5y03w7p3jbNxBk77kgV4BLJggi1BK_5g-PdX2fsVcvA

PSA:  1987 Fiesta Bowl replay on NBCSP @ 9:30 ET tonight.

Good night for Ray Isom (laid the smack down on Michael Irvin in 1st quarter); not so much for Vinny Testaverde.

PSA:  1987 Fiesta Bowl replay on NBCSP @ 9:30 ET tonight.

Good night for Ray Isom (laid the smack down on Michael Irvin in 1st quarter); not so much for Vinny Testaverde.
I taped that game.  A couple of weeks later, I went to see a friend and fellow PSU fan.  When I told her I'd taped it, she said, "HOW COULD YOU WATCH THAT AGAIN?" :lol:

I taped that game.  A couple of weeks later, I went to see a friend and fellow PSU fan.  When I told her I'd taped it, she said, "HOW COULD YOU WATCH THAT AGAIN?" :lol:
Yeah, that was one fugly game for the PSU offense.

That was my junior year @ PSU.  I came back to State College early from semester break to watch the game.  Downtown was electric after the game!

Watching Boston College (Flutie) at Penn State from 1984 on BTN now
Was at that game (freshman year).  One of the first night games at Beaver Stadium IIRC (at least it ended under the lights).  Flutie threw it all over the place that night.  Not a great Penn State team that year, but the core of that team would only lose 1 game combined the next two seasons.

From FBG email

Source: NFL.com - Daniel Jeremiah

Penn State LB Micah Parsons 'checks off all the boxes' for a linebacker in today's NFL, according to Daniel Jeremiah of NFL.com, and Jeremiah said he currently has a higher grade on Parsons than he had on Baltimore Ravens LB Patrick Queen, Los Angeles Chargers LB Kenneth Murray and Seattle Seahawks LB Jordyn Brooks, the three linebackers taken in the first round of the 2020 NFL Draft.

Yeah, that was one fugly game for the PSU offense.

That was my junior year @ PSU.  I came back to State College early from semester break to watch the game.  Downtown was electric after the game!
Dozier was solid.  Still can’t believe a team QB’d by John Schaeffer won a national title.

Thinking about taking a shot with them to win Natl title. Waiting for my guy to post his futures and I hope I can get > 25-1

Sounds like an agent got into Parson’s head.  Can not blame him under the circumstance. Surprised more are not doing the same thing.  

Does he stay at Penn St and workout?  Go to class?  Maintain his scholarship?  

No fans at home games.  I get it but 😢.

Have only missed 2 home games in past 15 years and it has been over 36 years since I didn’t make any home games.

Strange times.  Saturdays won’t be the same this fall by a country mile.

I really felt like this team could have made a run this year... Micah opting out is a huge blow. 

Don’t blame the kid at all though. If you are a guaranteed first rounder there’s no reason to risk your millions in this haphazard set up. 

New (pretty much though I'm familiar it exists) to college ball, new to Journey Brown. Sign me up for that trip. Any words on Happy Valley not being the destination but the Journey that counts this year?

I'll hang up and let PSU go to town about now.

New (pretty much though I'm familiar it exists) to college ball, new to Journey Brown. Sign me up for that trip. Any words on Happy Valley not being the destination but the Journey that counts this year?

I'll hang up and let PSU go to town about now.
Penn St may have the best backfield in the country.  Journey Brown, Noah Cain, Devin Ford, and more!  They all good baby!

Tom Servo said:
Micah Parsons will not opt back in for 2020.  I mean, if I'm sitting at #5 on Mel Kiper's big board, I'd probably opt out too.  

However, as a fan, I'm bummed.

Totally get it. Whole season is an uncertainty. Why mess with your future. 
Agree.  I feel better about this than being one of those guys who plays the whole season and then opts out of the bowl game.  At least this way you don't take a roster spot away from someone who has something to prove.

Tom Servo said:
Micah Parsons will not opt back in for 2020.  I mean, if I'm sitting at #5 on Mel Kiper's big board, I'd probably opt out too.  

However, as a fan, I'm bummed.
I think it is cowardly and he should play.  I think he should do everything in his power to bring a national championship to Penn State.  Instead he is worried about himself and worried his performance this year may not be as good and he could potentially fall back in the draft.  I think he should play the same way Pat Freiermuth is going to play. 

As a fan I am pumped because I now get to see all the other 5 stars at LB that were behind Parsons who are even hungrier then he is to go out there and prove themselves.  

I think it is cowardly and he should play.  I think he should do everything in his power to bring a national championship to Penn State.  Instead he is worried about himself and worried his performance this year may not be as good and he could potentially fall back in the draft.  I think he should play the same way Pat Freiermuth is going to play. 

As a fan I am pumped because I now get to see all the other 5 stars at LB that were behind Parsons who are even hungrier then he is to go out there and prove themselves.  
Your avatar and attitude are an excellent match

To reiterate what I said in a previous post now that this got bumped to Page One, all my life I've been on the outside looking in at college football. I went to a D1-AA (now FBS) school, grew up in Connecticut so the main university wasn't tied to D-I football until I was an adult (and even then, really, guys? You spent millions in East Hartford building a stadium down by the auto body shops?) and I can't think of a better place to start it this year than in the happiest of all the valleys, the place of no names but for recognition of number and style. Bummed that I won't get to watch Parsons play this year. Excited for what CentraIPA points out as a top backfield. As for the commenting, I'll turn it back over to the lifers, including those that seem to remember what VHS is.

not this

Users who are viewing this thread