Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
mcintyre1

2012 Prospect Rex Burkhead RB

2 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Not getting a good vibe at all for NE here.

Buffalo D is no joke. This could be 13-10 type slugfest.

Not sure anyone on NE let alone Rex will be a solid play this week.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that the Bills defense is a joke, but the teams they have played so far don't exactly have great offenses. Over the past two seasons (since the BUF defense became legit) NE has averaged 27 ppg against them. NE may get into the 20's, but I am not sure the Bills get into the teens (unless the NE offense and special teams gift wraps points again). The Bills offense has been good but not great statistically, and the NE D >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NYJ / NYG / CIN defenses.

1 hour ago, Anarchy99 said:

I don't think anyone is suggesting that the Bills defense is a joke, but the teams they have played so far don't exactly have great offenses. Over the past two seasons (since the BUF defense became legit) NE has averaged 27 ppg against them. NE may get into the 20's, but I am not sure the Bills get into the teens (unless the NE offense and special teams gift wraps points again). The Bills offense has been good but not great statistically, and the NE D >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NYJ / NYG / CIN defenses.

Couldn’t you say much the same for the offenses NE has played?  Miami, NYJ with their 3rd string QB, and what looks to be a Pitt offense that is much worse than people thought it’d be.  If you’re gonna discount Buffalo’s D b/c of their opponents, dont you have to do the same for NE?

5 minutes ago, Bayhawks said:

Couldn’t you say much the same for the offenses NE has played?  Miami, NYJ with their 3rd string QB, and what looks to be a Pitt offense that is much worse than people thought it’d be.  If you’re gonna discount Buffalo’s D b/c of their opponents, dont you have to do the same for NE?

PiT offense with Ben = 3 points and LAR in the SB = 3 points. And while the Patriots defense haven’t played any world beaters, they’ve only given up 3 points in 3 games. 

14 minutes ago, FGITLOTR said:

Practice for Rex today?

Present at the start of practice. Won’t know how they list him on the injury report until after 4 pm.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Anarchy99 said:

Over the past two seasons, NE also had Gronk who absolutely crushed Buffalo historically.

I get what you're saying. I just think there are some very clear problems on the offensive side of the ball right now that are being somewhat masked by an easy schedule.

Rex feels risky to me this week. That said, my only other option is AP (gulp) or a serious dice roll in Darrell Williams.

2 hours ago, FGITLOTR said:

Practice for Rex today?

As expected, officially listed as questionable on the injury. No one has really reported much on this and the conclusion by places like Rotoworld is that means all system are go. Hopefully we will know more by game time. At least NE has a 1 pm game so people will have time to sub someone else in if needed.

3 hours ago, flapgreen said:

I have to start him

Me too.   Injuries are kicking my ###.  If he can't go it will be WW fodder like Gus Bradley or Mike Davis for me.   Please Rex play

Rex Burkhead (foot) is questionable for the Patriots' Week 4 matchup against the Bills.

Burkhead played 74% of the offense's snaps and continued to look like the offense's best-overall RB in Week 3. Still, James White was out, and Sony Michel surprisingly received just nine touches and a 22% snap rate. This backfield is a high-scoring mess. Even Brandon Bolden is getting a few touches per game. While it seems unlikely that Michel is completely delegated to the bench, he's best approached as a low-floor RB3 ahead of a tough Week 4 matchup in Buffalo.

SOURCE: Mike Reiss on Twitter.

Sep 27, 2019, 4:11 PM ET

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Rex Burkhead (questionable, foot) is expected to play Week 4 against the Bills.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport had previously labeled Burkhead a game-time decision, though Schefter is hearing he'll be active for Sunday's battle of AFC East undefeateds. Even with James White due back (he missed last week's game to see the birth of his child), Burkhead remains a worthy flex in most formats. He's been worlds better than one-trick pony Sony Michel, who has limped to a sluggish 2.4 yards per carry with zero catches through his first three games.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Sep 29, 2019, 9:45 AM ET

Rex Burkhead (foot) was limited in practice Wednesday.

Burkhead has been limited with this foot injury for over a week, and it affected him in Week 4 when he had just one touch. Foot injuries can be tricky -- his X-ray did come back negative last week at least -- so his touch share going into Week 5's game against the Redskins is going to be nearly impossible to project if Burkhead can't get off the injury report.

SOURCE: Redskins.com

Oct 2, 2019, 6:17 PM ET

16 minutes ago, Faust said:

Well, got one good game out of him. That could be it.

Tempted to drop him.

This guy can't play one game without some random injury. Dropping him 

Rex Burkhead (foot) is questionable for Week 6 against the Giants.

Burkhead was initially listed as a full participant in Wednesday's practice but that was reportedly a mistake; he stayed limited. Sony Michel logged season-highs in snaps (38), rushing yards (91), targets (3) and catches (3) in Week 5, but he did so without Burkhead available. With the latter likely back in the steady rain of Foxborough, fantasy players should expect Michel's usage to be scaled back and split among New England's trio (James White included) of healthy runners. He's still an RB2/3 and strong single-game DFS option as the Patriots are currently three-score (-17) home favorites.

SOURCE: Doug Kyed on Twitter

Oct 9, 2019, 3:39 PM ET

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Rex Burkhead (foot) is expected to miss Thursday's game against the Giants.

We will get official word in less than five hours. Burkhead got in a week of limited practice, but that has rarely been telling with him in New England. Almost always battling an ailment of some sort, Burkhead will be missing his second consecutive game. Sony Michel is a green-light RB2 in a game where the Pats are 17-point favorites. James White is in the RB24-30 range.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Oct 10, 2019, 2:20 PM ET

• Like 1

OUT again against the Jets. Apparently his minor foot injury from a month ago that needed X-rays wasn’t so minor. 

i believe not last week, but the week prior the final day of practice he was a Full participant... i thought he was playing week 5.   very strange that he's been practicing and yet not being active on gameday. Does he have turf toe? what other kind of injury would have you practicing in some form each day yet not playing sunday?

3 minutes ago, iamkoza said:

i believe not last week, but the week prior the final day of practice he was a Full participant... i thought he was playing week 5.   very strange that he's been practicing and yet not being active on gameday. Does he have turf toe? what other kind of injury would have you practicing in some form each day yet not playing sunday?

Burkhead could have been listed as a full participant in practice but that may have been on a day they opted not to practice (but NE needed to file a daily injury report anyway) or a day they only had a walkthrough. 

Another oddity is they had him active against BUF a few weeks ago. He played 12 snaps on offense and 16 snaps on special teams but caught only one pass and had no carries. The whole situation is odd, even for NE.

4 hours ago, Anarchy99 said:

Burkhead could have been listed as a full participant in practice but that may have been on a day they opted not to practice (but NE needed to file a daily injury report anyway) or a day they only had a walkthrough. 

Another oddity is they had him active against BUF a few weeks ago. He played 12 snaps on offense and 16 snaps on special teams but caught only one pass and had no carries. The whole situation is odd, even for NE.

At this point do you think Rex is Sonys handcuff? Paranoid DJ owner and I need to ensure my RB2 spot stays safe if Sonys knee acts up.  Do you think Bolden could be featured?  Both rex and bolden are on my wire.

Edited by ahartig