What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brian Quick WR Saint Louis Rams [Appalachian State] (1 Viewer)

I want to preface this by saying you should ignore what I'm about to type if you aren't in a deeper and/or WR skewed league.

Some stats from last week..

- Quick played a season high 52% of STL's offensive snaps.

- He lead the team in targets (7).

- He was only able to reel in 1 of those 7 targets but only 33% of Foles' passes were deemed catachable

- He looked to be gaining separation with relative ease.

Case Keenum was recently promoted to starter and he's a gunslinger who will try to push the ball downfield when possible. I understand that STL doesn't pass very much at all and there's surprisingly many mouths to feed on this offense but I cannot ignore Quick's upside. He may be worth a flier to see how the QB change shakes out for him.

Good call if you have the spot to see what he does. If Jordan Matthews wasn't scrubby I wouldn't need to stock fliers like K. Martin, Inman, and now Quick.

I want to preface this by saying you should ignore what I'm about to type if you aren't in a deeper and/or WR skewed league.

Some stats from last week..

- Quick played a season high 52% of STL's offensive snaps.

- He lead the team in targets (7).

- He was only able to reel in 1 of those 7 targets but only 33% of Foles' passes were deemed catachable

- He looked to be gaining separation with relative ease.

Case Keenum was recently promoted to starter and he's a gunslinger who will try to push the ball downfield when possible. I understand that STL doesn't pass very much at all and there's surprisingly many mouths to feed on this offense but I cannot ignore Quick's upside. He may be worth a flier to see how the QB change shakes out for him.
While I 100% agree with you that he's someone to keep an eye on (and roster in 12 team and larger leagues with reasonable bench sizes), I should point out a few things to temper near term expectations.

His increase in snaps was largely due to Bailey's suspension, but also a combination of other factors:

(a) Quick stepped in as the de facto WR3 in a game they were down by 2 scores for most of and still only played 52% of the snaps

(b) Bradley Marquez, who isn't even in the FBG database, played 44% of snaps

© Wes Welker was just signed off the street and played 17% of the snaps

I don't understand it. He must be deeply rooted in Fisher's dog house, but how long can he afford to keep his best WR off the field?? I mean, he's so desperate on that side of the ball that he's starting Case Keenum. Quick looks good out there. Rationally, it should be any time now... but that's been true for practically the whole season. This situation is straight up boggling.

I could see Keenum throwing him some jump balls this week (maybe they've developed some chemistry on the 2nd team?), so if he's not rostered, right now would be a good time to preemptively pick him up. Also, Baltimore is giving up the most fantasy points to WRs this season. The Bailey suspension is definitely going to help him, however, I don't know how or if Welker's role will expand as he gets more time to learn the offense.

Starting to get dropped - time to give up?

He's turning 27 in June and has caught 7 of 26 targets this year - that makes him 61 for 127 (48%) in his career.

Last edited by a moderator:

ESPN Rams reporter Nick Wagoner projects Brian Quick to be the No. 3 receiver.
Quick was technically the No. 3 receiver for stretches of last season as well, but that role only netted him 10 receptions on 352 offensive snaps. Perhaps the Rams open up the offense more with No. 1 overall pick Jared Goff calling the shots, but it is highly unlikely Quick carries any fantasy value playing behind Tavon Austin and Kenny Britt.

Source: ESPN 
May 14 - 1:18 PM

i have held onto him in dynasty because i think he's talented. the situation in STL has been putrid for most offensive players not named Todd Gurley. they have a rookie QB who can pass, even if he probably won't do it much with a limited playbook. with Britt really the only WR like Quick, i still think there is opportunity for him. 

I think he's a "well we tried" project. One of them that you don't fault the team for trying to develop, you saw the athleticism too, but still it's time to be done with it.

I was a Ramses Barden fan and paid close attention to him. He "hit" when I thought he was done, then wrecked his knee and was actually done. I'm very much not always good at predicting these but I think there's an impending doom. 

The best thing I noticed is the lack of WRs the Rams brought in to compete. That's gotta bode well for him.

I'd ride him out in dynasty just because you'll flip if he does well on another FF team but I would also expect he's only got so long left in his career if he doesn't finally "show."

He has made a play here N there. He has had a few good games. They always created the excitement of "finally" about to bear fruits of his development, but...it hasn't happened. I hope I'm wrong but this feels very much like the end of Barden's time Yes you are a giant athletic freak with wonderful hands but this is a results based business.

I think he's a "well we tried" project. One of them that you don't fault the team for trying to develop, you saw the athleticism too, but still it's time to be done with it.

I was a Ramses Barden fan and paid close attention to him. He "hit" when I thought he was done, then wrecked his knee and was actually done. I'm very much not always good at predicting these but I think there's an impending doom. 

The best thing I noticed is the lack of WRs the Rams brought in to compete. That's gotta bode well for him.

I'd ride him out in dynasty just because you'll flip if he does well on another FF team but I would also expect he's only got so long left in his career if he doesn't finally "show."

He has made a play here N there. He has had a few good games. They always created the excitement of "finally" about to bear fruits of his development, but...it hasn't happened. I hope I'm wrong but this feels very much like the end of Barden's time Yes you are a giant athletic freak with wonderful hands but this is a results based business.
Think so? He looked like a legit NFL WR1 before the shoulder injury in 2014 and seemed to be in the dog house last year. I think he's worth holding for one more year to see if he shows enough this year to get signed somewhere that passes in 2017.

i have held onto him in dynasty because i think he's talented. the situation in STL has been putrid for most offensive players not named Todd Gurley. they have a rookie QB who can pass, even if he probably won't do it much with a limited playbook. with Britt really the only WR like Quick, i still think there is opportunity for him. 
I have too but had originally planned to cut him after he resigned with the Rams.  However it is a one-year "show me" contract and there isn't much serious competition (depending on how you view the draft picks) so I am going to wait and see how this plays out.  I have held him this long and since there still some potential high upside, I can afford to burn a roster spot for a few more months.

Coach Jeff Fisher said he's seen "significant improvement" from WR Brian Quick at OTAs.
Quick has always seemed to flash in shorts and shells on the practice field, but at 27 (next week) time is really running out for the fifth-year receiver to become something. Quick had a big first half of the 2014 season with 25-375-3 through six games, but tore up his shoulder and couldn't find the field in 2015. Quick is expected to compete for the No. 2/3 receiver job this summer.

Coach Jeff Fisher said he's seen "significant improvement" from WR Brian Quick at OTAs.
Quick has always seemed to flash in shorts and shells on the practice field, but at 27 (next week) time is really running out for the fifth-year receiver to become something. Quick had a big first half of the 2014 season with 25-375-3 through six games, but tore up his shoulder and couldn't find the field in 2015. Quick is expected to compete for the No. 2/3 receiver job this summer.
Same guy who said Case Keenum is a starting QB. 

Bump for relevance.  He's put up solid numbers lately and could be their solid #2 of the future.  Maybe he's the guy that was raw coming out, took a while to develop and now he's a decent starter for the team.  His last 4 games all went over 50 yards although on limited touches (2, 2, 3, 5 catches) but he's involved.  Also a free agent next year, is this his audition for a bigger role and payday somewhere else?

Users who are viewing this thread