Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Xue

Brian Quick WR Saint Louis Rams [Appalachian State]

I've owned DT in my dynasty sense he came into the league, have watch every game he's played, am a Rams fan and am big time pulling for Quick to finally break out. With all that being said in no way (besides size and speed, which countless WR's in the NFL have had) does he remind me of DT.

Actually TO is who many said he reminded them of.

Yes in his first training camp. It's been along time (and 2 done nothing years) sense anyone has said that.

I've owned DT in my dynasty sense he came into the league, have watch every game he's played, am a Rams fan and am big time pulling for Quick to finally break out. With all that being said in no way (besides size and speed, which countless WR's in the NFL have had) does he remind me of DT.

He is not that smooth....not even close. Great that he is finally showing some promise and I think he can be a good receiver...but he is not Demaryius Thomas or Terrell Owens IMO.

He is not that smooth....not even close. Great that he is finally showing some promise and I think he can be a good receiver...but he is not Demaryius Thomas or Terrell Owens IMO.

No, not yet. But he has that type of athleticism. He looks completely different this year.

Rotoworld:

Brian Quick caught seven passes for 74 yards in the Rams' Week 2 win over the Bucs.

Quick was once again the clear No. 1 receiver for the Rams, seeing a team-high nine targets for the second consecutive week. He could have had a bigger day if he'd made a play on a deep ball in the second half. But Quick is up to 14-173-0 on 18 targets through the first two weeks. The St. Louis offense can only support one receiver, and it's looking like it'll be Quick. He's a WR4.
Sep 14 - 9:01 PM

Rotoworld:

Brian Quick caught seven passes for 74 yards in the Rams' Week 2 win over the Bucs.

Quick was once again the clear No. 1 receiver for the Rams, seeing a team-high nine targets for the second consecutive week. He could have had a bigger day if he'd made a play on a deep ball in the second half. But Quick is up to 14-173-0 on 18 targets through the first two weeks. The St. Louis offense can only support one receiver, and it's looking like it'll be Quick. He's a WR4.
Sep 14 - 9:01 PM

He is close to exceeding his entire 2013 output. Clearly the third year receiver trend has hit for him. How good he can be no one knows. His QBs are pretty bad. I think that will contain ceiling for the short term but if Ram's ever get a good one it could really lift him up.

Xue, You've been on YouTube, Twitter, this board, and other places promoting Brian Quick more than I think I've ever seen someone promote a prospect. Can you tell us your motivation? Just curious why all the ardent effort?

I saw something special in this kid 2 years ago and now everyone else is seeing it after he's finally putting it all together. All he needed was the opportunity and opportunity just breeds more confidence.

Guys like Roddy White and Vincent Jackson took just as long to develop and look at what they've become. There's no reason to think Quick can't have a really good career from here on out.

Edited by Xue

Where's EBF at? I'd like my "Brian Quick treatment" now. Because apparently 2 seasons make a career.

I know it's only 2 weeks, but he's on pace for 112 receptions and 1,384 yards.

And zero TDs.

Lol...it's only fair.

And zero TDs.

Obviously the TDs will come.

And zero TDs.

with shaun hill and austin davis at Qb i dont think thats obvious

I really like quick as a dynasty guy right now. He's an ideal wr4 with wr2 upside. These last two games are just glimpses. He's going to explode soon I think. I could see a 10-130-2 type of game announcing his arrival.

And zero TDs.

with shaun hill and austin davis at Qb i dont think thats obvious

So you figure the Rams will have zero passing TDs this season? Okay.

• Like 1

People are indeed sleeping on him. It's probably the lack of TDs suppressing his point totals. I was just able to get him off waivers in a 14-team and are crossing fingers with him as my WR2 at this point.

Even with no TDs he's WR22 in my league. I'll take that production from the wire.

He was one of my two last draft picks this year. I've got him in my line up this week ahead of Cruz, Wheaton, Sanu, terrence Williams, and Hurns...

Rotoworld:

Brian Quick had two catches for 62 yards and a touchdown in Week 3 against the Cowboys.

Quick got behind Morris Claiborne for a 51-yard touchdown in the second quarter. It was his only notable play of the game, but he continues to show well as the clear No. 1 option in the offense. Quick has at least 60 yards or a touchdown in all three games this season. He'll be a strong WR3 when the Rams come out of their bye in Week 5.
Sep 21 - 6:10 PM

I've got him in over Calvin now...

Rotoworld:

Brian Quick caught five passes for 87 yards with two touchdowns in Sunday's Week 5 loss at Philadelphia.

Cary Williams and Bradley Fletcher predictably had no shot against Quick, who continues his third-year breakout. Most encouragingly, Austin Davis looks like a real gunslinger that has eyes for his size/speed wideout. The first touchdown came off a scramble play and the second one was a perfectly executed back-shoulder goal-line throw. Now averaging 7.7 targets a week through four games, Quick is an every-week WR3. He gets a home game against the 49ers in Week 6.
Oct 5 - 4:19 PM

Quick reminding us that the 3rd year breakout rule is still real in some cases.

Remember that, Patterson/Hunter/Austin owners.

Rotoworld:

Brian Quick caught five passes for 87 yards with two touchdowns in Sunday's Week 5 loss at Philadelphia.

Cary Williams and Bradley Fletcher predictably had no shot against Quick, who continues his third-year breakout. Most encouragingly, Austin Davis looks like a real gunslinger that has eyes for his size/speed wideout. The first touchdown came off a scramble play and the second one was a perfectly executed back-shoulder goal-line throw. Now averaging 7.7 targets a week through four games, Quick is an every-week WR3. He gets a home game against the 49ers in Week 6.

Oct 5 - 4:19 PM

Lol @ Rotoworld. No he's an every week WR2.

Doing this every week from here on out. Calvin is a certified bust at this point while Quick is an emerging stud.

Well done. Wish I'd done same but was starting Austin and didn't want to double down.
I switched them at the last minute :wall

Had him in until 12:57 after reading andre looked fine warming up. Initially regretted it. That didn't change.

Depending on the league, started him over either Calvin Johnson or Demaryius Thomas. So.... mixed results.

Please tell me tongue is firmly planted in cheek here. As a lifelong Rams fan and owner of Quick (and DT) I would never consider this. The very definition of over thinking your lineup. It's like sitting Payton Manning for Austin Davis, a low odds proposition.

Edited by dkp993

Well done. Wish I'd done same but was starting Austin and didn't want to double down.

You started Austin over Quick? Sorry buddy.

Lol yes Austin DAVIS. Too many Austin's on this team.

Didn't want to risk a stink bomb from two positions in case Davis tanked so didn't play quick over mega. Turns out to be the difference between a W and an L.

What does everyone think about his dynasty value? Is he here to stay or is he just in a multi-week flash in the pan? I've been getting quite a bit of interest from others about trading him, but having a hard time figuring if I should sell now or hold and hope for his value to increase more? If he continues this all year then we're looking at his value being very similar to Alshon Jeffery.

What does everyone think about his dynasty value? Is he here to stay or is he just in a multi-week flash in the pan? I've been getting quite a bit of interest from others about trading him, but having a hard time figuring if I should sell now or hold and hope for his value to increase more? If he continues this all year then we're looking at his value being very similar to Alshon Jeffery.

Depends on the league. I picked him of the WW a few weeks ago in a 2 QB dynasty. I won't sell him because the long term benefit of a QB is huge.

In a 1 QB league where he's your 2nd QB and there are starters on the WW I'd flip him now.

Depends on the league. I picked him of the WW a few weeks ago in a 2 QB dynasty. I won't sell him because the long term benefit of a QB is huge.

In a 1 QB league where he's your 2nd QB and there are starters on the WW I'd flip him now.

Sorry for the misunderstanding but I was talking about Quick.

Quick has always had amazing measurables and very raw talent. He's only going to get better. Major upside here.

I'd put his value right there already. The talent certainly is. I'd rather hold him and just reap the production.

Quick is WR3 going forward. He is the number one option in Rams passing game. Davis looks like a guy that is not afraid to put the ball in tight spaces and has the armd to do so. With Davis in the game Quick will have some big games and I feel his floor is have been moved up with the new QB. He is a guy that might end up having bigger games due to garbage time, as the Rams just seem to now have it right now to beat the teams from the get go.

9ers d has been shutting qb wr down, there will be better matchups.

like next week va Richard Sherman?

9ers d has been shutting qb wr down, there will be better matchups.

like next week va Richard Sherman?
If he stays on one side, it may not matter. Not easy but beatable. The Rams OL looks like the big concern. Edited by Gvindy

Nathan Jahnke @PFF_NateJahnke 8m

Rams WR snap count: Brian Quick 70, Kenny Britt 52, Austin Pettis 39, Tavon Austin 26, Stedman Bailey 5

Nathan Jahnke @PFF_NateJahnke 8m

Rams WR snap count: Brian Quick 70, Kenny Britt 52, Austin Pettis 39, Tavon Austin 26, Stedman Bailey 5

Why only 4 targets?

Nathan Jahnke ‏@PFF_NateJahnke 8m

thank god im in a point per snap league