What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Big Ten Basketball 2022/2023 - Return to Power (6 Viewers)

Garrett

Footballguy
Anyone agree or disagree that the Big Ten will win this challenge for the third year in a row? Miami vs Purdue = Purdue Georgia Tech vs Northwestern = Northwestern Maryland vs Illinois = Maryland Virginia vs Michigan = Michigan Clemson vs Iowa = Clemson Duke vs Ohio State = Ohio State NC State vs Indiana = Indiana Boston College vs Penn State = Boston College Florida State vs Michigan State = Michigan State Virginia Tech vs Minnesota = Minnesota Wake Forest vs Nebraska = Wake Forest North Carolina vs Wisconsin = North Carolina Big Ten wins. 7-5

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone agree or disagree that the Big Ten will win this challenge for the third year in a row?Miami vs Purdue = PurdueGeorgia Tech vs Northwestern = NorthwesternMaryland vs Illinois = MarylandVirginia vs Michigan = MichiganClemson vs Iowa = ClemsonDuke vs Ohio State = Ohio StateNC State vs Indiana = IndianaBoston College vs Penn State = Boston CollegeFlorida State vs Michigan State = Michigan StateVirginia Tech vs Minnesota = MinnesotaWake Forest vs Nebraska = Wake ForestNorth Carolina vs Wisconsin = North CarolinaBig Ten wins.7-5
This is a down year for the big ten especially at the top. OSU will lose to Duke and probably one or two others will go to the ACC. On the plus side, both Indiana and Michigan have their mojo back and will be serious powers for years to come.

Anyone agree or disagree that the Big Ten will win this challenge for the third year in a row?Miami vs Purdue = PurdueGeorgia Tech vs Northwestern = NorthwesternMaryland vs Illinois = MarylandVirginia vs Michigan = MichiganClemson vs Iowa = ClemsonDuke vs Ohio State = Ohio StateNC State vs Indiana = IndianaBoston College vs Penn State = Boston CollegeFlorida State vs Michigan State = Michigan StateVirginia Tech vs Minnesota = MinnesotaWake Forest vs Nebraska = Wake ForestNorth Carolina vs Wisconsin = North CarolinaBig Ten wins.7-5
This is a down year for the big ten especially at the top. OSU will lose to Duke and probably one or two others will go to the ACC. On the plus side, both Indiana and Michigan have their mojo back and will be serious powers for years to come.
It might be slightly weaker at the top, but the depth is the best it has been in a long time. OSU is a national title contender (and IMO better than Duke). Wisconsin, Michigan, Michigan St. and Purdue are pretty much locks for the tourney. Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota, Northwestern, and Iowa will all be solid teams with the potential to make the tourney. 2-3 of them likely will.

It might be slightly weaker at the top, but the depth is the best it has been in a long time. OSU is a national title contender (and IMO better than Duke). Wisconsin, Michigan, Michigan St. and Purdue are pretty much locks for the tourney. Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota, Northwestern, and Iowa will all be solid teams with the potential to make the tourney. 2-3 of them likely will.
Agree with most of this, except Iowa is not a solid team by any stretch of the imagination. They were blown out by Creighton and Campbell. They may not win a Big Ten game.

It's too bad there's no Legends Division in basketball: Michigan State, Michigan, Minnesota, Northwestern, Nebraska, Iowa. :lol:

Agree with most of this, except Iowa is not a solid team by any stretch of the imagination. They were blown out by Creighton and Campbell. They may not win a Big Ten game.
That's true. I still like the talent they have on the roster though, and think they have a good chance of turning it around. Maybe not NCAA tourney level, but I think they will win some games in the Big Ten.

That's true. I still like the talent they have on the roster though, and think they have a good chance of turning it around. Maybe not NCAA tourney level, but I think they will win some games in the Big Ten.
Looking at their roster, they don't look as bad on paper as they have on the floor. I remember Basabe giving MSU fits last year, but he's started slow.

'Bobcat10 said:
It's too bad there's no Legends Division in basketball: Michigan State, Michigan, Minnesota, Northwestern, Nebraska, Iowa. :lol:
This is the first time I actually thought about Nebraska hoops being in the conference.
I'm interested to see what their home games look like on Big Ten Network. I am getting up there in years, and I can't recall ever seeing a player wearing a Nebraska basketball uniform on any highlight package.

I said the same thing last year before injuries derailed the season, but watch out for MN to surprise some people. Sounds crazy but outside chance to win Big10 title. :homer:

I said the same thing last year before injuries derailed the season, but watch out for MN to surprise some people. Sounds crazy but outside chance to win Big10 title. :homer:
If Mbakwe is out for the year that would be a huge loss.
I hear you. Devastating. Too bad for the guy. Hope they find a way to finish in the middle but unlikely unless there's exponential development. It was a good run.

I think it's likely Wisconsin loses to North Carolina.

However, I'm really impressed with the guard play to date. Ben Brust has been a revelation alongside Jordan Taylor. Add in a more experienced Gasser, and these guys can compeltely fill it up.

The key will be getting getting their bigs to play at a decent level.

Michigan mojo= loss to Virginia?

Who is the only Big Ten school to win 4 in a row in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge?

Northwestern Wildcats!

Ohio State looked completely dominant last night. I expected them to win, but not in that fashion. I can't see how anyone can rank Kentucky ahead of them after that game.

you got it right BABY

MSU looked really good in its win at Gonzaga. Getting back to playing tough, physical Izzo-style basketball. Looking forward to the Big Ten opener at home with Indiana, should be interesting.

MSU looked really good in its win at Gonzaga. Getting back to playing tough, physical Izzo-style basketball. Looking forward to the Big Ten opener at home with Indiana, should be interesting.
:yes: Draymond Green was an absolute beast at Gonzaga last weekend. I thought it was a joke that Michigan State was not ranked prior to the Gonzaga win.

There are probably eight teams in the Big 10 that should make the tourney. The tough schedule of conference play will probably knock it down to seven though.

'Spartans Rule said:
Totally agree. Hopefully they continue this throughout the year. Only showed glimpses of this last year.I really like this group this year. Looking forward to watching them at the Bres' throughout the B1G season.

'Garrett said:
'Spartans Rule said:
:yes: Draymond Green was an absolute beast at Gonzaga last weekend. I thought it was a joke that Michigan State was not ranked prior to the Gonzaga win.
They needed a quality win for the ranking. Florida State at home was their best win before that, but they didn't look bad against UNC and Duke and they've been devouring their cupcakes.

The best and deepest basketball conference tips off tonight! This is how I see them finish:

1. OSU

2. Indiana

3. Wisconsin

4. Michigan

5. Michigan State

6. Illinois

7. Minnesota

8. Northwestern

With the top 7 going to the big dance.

The best and deepest basketball conference tips off tonight! This is how I see them finish:1. OSU2. Indiana3. Wisconsin4. Michigan5. Michigan State6. Illinois7. Minnesota8. NorthwesternWith the top 7 going to the big dance.
I'll guess...(1) Michigan State(2) Indiana(3) Ohio State(4) Michigan(5) Wisconsin(6) Northwestern(7) Purdue(8) Illinois(9) Minnesota(10) Nebraska(11) Penn State(12) IowaI agree top 7 dancing in March.

Going to be a very tough road game for Indiana. With Jones and Sheehey likely out due to injuries Indiana has to find a way to quickly replace 25% of their offensive production. I expect MSU will give Indiana their first loss, but I am going to hold out hope they can keep this run going. The wildcard for Indiana will be their perimeter shooting. If the defense will allow them to screen and get looks from outside, they can get hot and put up points in a hurry.

'Garrett said:
Going to be a very tough road game for Indiana. With Jones and Sheehey likely out due to injuries Indiana has to find a way to quickly replace 25% of their offensive production. I expect MSU will give Indiana their first loss, but I am going to hold out hope they can keep this run going. The wildcard for Indiana will be their perimeter shooting. If the defense will allow them to screen and get looks from outside, they can get hot and put up points in a hurry.
Hard to see IU winning this game if both Sheehey and Jones are out. Hoosiers then follow up with Ohio State at home then at Michigan. Welcome to Big 10.

Will be a great game. If Sheehey and Jones out that means IU will have to rely on the three more than usual. If Watford and Hulls can continue to hit them at better than 50 percent, that won't be a bad thing. Just have to stop MSU from getting too many offensive boards.

Will be a great game. If Sheehey and Jones out that means IU will have to rely on the three more than usual. If Watford and Hulls can continue to hit them at better than 50 percent, that won't be a bad thing. Just have to stop MSU from getting too many offensive boards.
I agree. Haven't seen much of MSU this year but I'm assuming they have their usual collection of big dudes who are tough on boards. Hoping Sheehey can play he's been really key to them this year. Can't find any info on their injuries though.

Crean was asked about their health and gave a very generic answer about making progress. He is either being coy or it is going to be a bit longer. I would not expect either to play.

Was on a flight and missed game. Sounds like it was a good one. IU is going to hit some bumps in the road. Making the tournament this year would be a great accomplishment IMO.

Iowa is leading Wisconsin by 8 with 2:30 left. Thought the Hawkeyes were supposed to be horrible this year.
The Badgers are 3 for 26 on three pointers today with arguably their best collection of pure shooters in years. That's not to say that Iowa is horrible. Just saying this will most likely be Wisconsin's worst shooting performance of the season.

Iowa is leading Wisconsin by 8 with 2:30 left. Thought the Hawkeyes were supposed to be horrible this year.
The Badgers are 3 for 26 on three pointers today with arguably their best collection of pure shooters in years. That's not to say that Iowa is horrible. Just saying this will most likely be Wisconsin's worst shooting performance of the season.
Just saw that stat, that's crazy. Iowa closes them out at Wisconsin. Hopefully IU can get the upset later today against the Buckeyes!

Users who are viewing this thread