What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Big Ten Basketball 2022/2023 - Return to Power (2 Viewers)

Another interesting day in the Big Ten.Iowa beat Michigan 75-59.Northwestern beating Michigan State at halftime - only by two, but the Spartans look awful.
I am thinking there will only be a couple teams which win more than half their road games. Northwestern would be a tournament team in most conferences. In the Big Ten it will be tougher. I think they end up on the outside of the bubble.

Refs racking up fouls on Sparty as usual. Gotta keep it close I suppose.
Did you happen to find your way to FBG from rcmb by any chance?
:confused:
What part of the question is confusing?
sorry, never heard of rcmb.
Then your answer would be "no" :shrug: I was just wondering.
OK...hey, thanks for help.. :lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
Draymond's reaction after that last foul says it all...they just aren't into it today.

They are playing so lazy it's pathetic. Can't mail it in in any game in the B10.

Appling WTH?

Trice almost singlehandedly pulls MSU back to within 5, so Izzo takes him out. Wouldn't want anyone to actually play hard today.

ETA: Trice back in and jacks up an awful shot with 30 seconds left on the shot clock.

Big 3 there...

with State's lake of intensity...that may have been the dagger

ETA: 7 pt loss, could have easily been double that. State played like garbage. Izzo better square these guys back around ASAP. Long season.

Looks like maybe both Michigan and MSU were looking ahead to Tuesday.

Great opportunity for one of the two to atone for today's failure.

Looks like maybe both Michigan and MSU were looking ahead to Tuesday.Great opportunity for one of the two to atone for today's failure.
I think you could be right. Should be a fun, great game to watch.
State is the superior team. Especially right now with Hardaway Jr. and Smotrycz shooting the ball so terribly. But you can probably throw all that out the window. Novak will make sure the guys are ready to play in this one. Also a heads up to anyone interested...Two future Michigan commits are playing on TV today. St. Mark (MA) which features 5 Star center Kaleb Tarkzewski (Arizona) and 4 Star SG Nik Stauskas (Michigan) will play Friends Central(PA) which features F Amile Jefferson (#36 on rivals top 100). That game is at 2pm on ESPNUAt 4 pm on ESPN, Brewster Academy (NH) plays Tilton School (NH). The rosters feature...Brewster #3 Mitch McGary (Michigan)#23 TJ Warren (NC State)#56 Aaron Thomas (Florida St.)#72 Semaj Christian (Xavier)3 star Jalen Reynolds (Xavier)Tilton #3 Nerlens Noel (2013 recruit)#92 Goodluck Okonoboh (2013 recruit)#98 Georges Niang (Iowa St.)Tons of talent on display and should be a fun game to watch.

All four of the big 4 went down to lesser opponents this week. Should be a big help for Northwestern and Minnesota in making a case for an NCAA bid. My guess is it will take 7 Big Ten wins.

The Indiana - Ohio State game was over before it started. Not a massacre, but a pretty sound beating. As a Buckeye fan, I've been waiting on Lenzelle Smith to become more assertive on the offensive end, but in no way did I see yesterday coming. Good to see. All that said, Ohio State did not play well on the offensive end, and they haven't looked in sync for a while. I have no clue what Buford is doing? Can't shoot, turning the ball over, and he's screwed up way too many fast breaks over the past month. It's not for lack of effort; my guess, he's pressing. The bench has been very inconsistent, which I imagine makes it difficult for Matta to develop, for lack of a better word, "chemistry."

Smith and the 2nd string can run like a deer and jump through the gym, so if they can become consistent basketball players, then I like Ohio State's chances..... big if.

Looks like maybe both Michigan and MSU were looking ahead to Tuesday.Great opportunity for one of the two to atone for today's failure.
I think you could be right. Should be a fun, great game to watch.
State is the superior team. Especially right now with Hardaway Jr. and Smotrycz shooting the ball so terribly. But you can probably throw all that out the window. Novak will make sure the guys are ready to play in this one. Also a heads up to anyone interested...Two future Michigan commits are playing on TV today. St. Mark (MA) which features 5 Star center Kaleb Tarkzewski (Arizona) and 4 Star SG Nik Stauskas (Michigan) will play Friends Central(PA) which features F Amile Jefferson (#36 on rivals top 100). That game is at 2pm on ESPNUAt 4 pm on ESPN, Brewster Academy (NH) plays Tilton School (NH). The rosters feature...Brewster #3 Mitch McGary (Michigan)#23 TJ Warren (NC State)#56 Aaron Thomas (Florida St.)#72 Semaj Christian (Xavier)3 star Jalen Reynolds (Xavier)Tilton #3 Nerlens Noel (2013 recruit)#92 Goodluck Okonoboh (2013 recruit)#98 Georges Niang (Iowa St.)Tons of talent on display and should be a fun game to watch.
Yeah, Michigan appears poised to become a national power. I don't recall Big 10 basketball ever being this strong in my lifetime. MSU, Michigan, Indiana, and Ohio State all have bright futures and one would think the Big 10 will be bringing home a National Title or 2 in the next 5 years.

Oddly IU has played worse since Sheehey has returned. He has looked pretty good, but somehow he seems to have disrupted the chemistry and the roles of the players. Zeller continues to play well, but Hulls, Watford, and Jones have all played poorly the last two games. At least they have Nebraska next to get back on track.

All four of the big 4 went down to lesser opponents this week. Should be a big help for Northwestern and Minnesota in making a case for an NCAA bid. My guess is it will take 7 Big Ten wins.
I never thought Minnesota would even be in the discussion, but that win at Indiana was huge.Really, other than Penn State and Nebraska, every team in the Big 10 still has a chance to play their way into the tourney. My guess is that either Minnesota or Purdue, or both, will not be able to hang around for too much longer. I think anything less than 7 bids right now would be a disappointment.

I have to believe Mich, MSU, IU, OSU, Ill, and Wisconsin are pretty well in the tourney short of a complete collapse.

Out of Purdue, Iowa, Minnesota, and Northwestern, two will get spots. It is almost a coin toss at this point, but Iowa has the most to prove after starting off poorly in their pre Big Ten schedule.

I never thought Minnesota would even be in the discussion, but that win at Indiana was huge.Really, other than Penn State and Nebraska, every team in the Big 10 still has a chance to play their way into the tourney. My guess is that either Minnesota or Purdue, or both, will not be able to hang around for too much longer. I think anything less than 7 bids right now would be a disappointment.
Purdue will go 10-7 in the conference which would put them at 20-10 overall.

I have to believe Mich, MSU, IU, OSU, Ill, and Wisconsin are pretty well in the tourney short of a complete collapse. Out of Purdue, Iowa, Minnesota, and Northwestern, two will get spots. It is almost a coin toss at this point, but Iowa has the most to prove after starting off poorly in their pre Big Ten schedule.
Purdue has already won @Iowa and @Minnesota so they certainly have a leg up at this point.

Purdue has played an easy schedule thus far. I see 8 more games I think they will be underdogs on. I think going 9-9 would be a pretty good finish for them. I think they will be 8-10.

Purdue has played an easy schedule thus far. I see 8 more games I think they will be underdogs on. I think going 9-9 would be a pretty good finish for them. I think they will be 8-10.
Sorry I meant 10-8. 6-1 at home the rest of the way so 9-9 at worst.

I'm really looking forward to this MSU - Michigan game tonight. :banned:
Me as well! :popcorn:Anybody else have a critical and unbiased view of Bucky that they can share? I have only seen them play twice (NC and Purdue) and am having trouble figuring out why they are out of the gate so slowly. I know they miss Leuer as a second option, especially late in the shot clock, but they should have plenty of Ryan-type players in Taylor, Berggen, Brust, Bruesewitz and Gasser. I also thought this would be the year that Evans would bust out, but it doesn't appear that it's happened yet. Statistically, I don't like how much they've turned the ball over, but from what I've seen they are playing good defense, are taking good shots, and have play makers. What are they missing? Also, anyone get a good enough look at Kaminsky, Anderson, Smith and Jackson yet (Freshman), to determine if they potential?

I'm really looking forward to this MSU - Michigan game tonight. :banned:
Me as well! :popcorn:Anybody else have a critical and unbiased view of Bucky that they can share? I have only seen them play twice (NC and Purdue) and am having trouble figuring out why they are out of the gate so slowly. I know they miss Leuer as a second option, especially late in the shot clock, but they should have plenty of Ryan-type players in Taylor, Berggen, Brust, Bruesewitz and Gasser. I also thought this would be the year that Evans would bust out, but it doesn't appear that it's happened yet. Statistically, I don't like how much they've turned the ball over, but from what I've seen they are playing good defense, are taking good shots, and have play makers. What are they missing? Also, anyone get a good enough look at Kaminsky, Anderson, Smith and Jackson yet (Freshman), to determine if they potential?
Simple answer, Wisconsin seems like the same old Wisconsin IMO, but the rest of the Big 10 is just that much better this year. :shrug:

No matter how it finishes up, this has been a really fun game to watch. State has shown a lot of poise fighting back.

Users who are viewing this thread