What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Big Ten Basketball 2022/2023 - Return to Power (3 Viewers)

'pigskinliquors said:
Bucky vs. Hoosier tonight. Both teams need this to be considered as part of the top tier of the conference. :popcorn:
I can't imagine there is any way Indiana wins this game. The Hoosiers have won two B1G road games in three years and both of those were at Penn State.

Nebraska with their first B1G road win! :headbang:

And I had no idea Indiana was just as bad as NU on the road. No wonder they beat them.

I think all the Huskers need to do now in order to make the big dance is run the table and get to at least the semis in the B1G tourney. That seems pretty doable.

Jay Bilas just said that Draymond Green should be on the short list for National Player of the Year.

What a weird thing to say. That's just someone having a narrative at the beginning of the year and sticking to it come hell or high water. Facts and play be damned - we have a narrative!

Jay Bilas just said that Draymond Green should be on the short list for National Player of the Year.

What a weird thing to say. That's just someone having a narrative at the beginning of the year and sticking to it come hell or high water. Facts and play be damned - we have a narrative!
care to elaborate? :popcorn:

care to elaborate? :popcorn:
He's clearly a good player. I'm not saying that. He's just not NPOTY. He's not even BTPOTY.

Sullinger is clearly better than Green.

Big games for most of the teams that may be on the bubble come March. Northwestern and Minn need the win the most, but Purdue headed towards the bubble if they don't turn things around.. The illini will be ok regardless.

Nice start with OSU and Michigan, this game is going to down to the wire. UM needs a big game out of Morgan as he is the only guy the Wolverines have that has the strength to really bang down low with Sullinger.

OSU has been playing really well lately. If Michigan can get it to come down to the wire, that would be a big accomplishment.

I can't stand Sullinger. The guy launches himself into defenders to create contact and the refs continuously call the defender for fouls.

Indiana looks like they are going to put up 100 on Iowa. What a face paced game. Both teams running and shooting. IU probably should slow it down with the lead though.

With Green out for an extended time, looks like MSU's B10 title hopes are severely challenged. That 1-pt loss last night was huge for them in a number of ways going forward. :mellow:

What a nightmare night.

Last edited by a moderator:
The upcoming road schedule for Illinois is brutal.

@Indiana

@Michigan

@Nebraska

@Ohio State

@Wisconsin

With Green out for an extended time, looks like MSU's B10 title hopes are severely challenged. That 1-pt loss last night was huge for them in a number of ways going forward. :mellow:What a nightmare night.
ILL....INIFeel bad for Green though, it is always tough when one of your stars goes down.

Nobody gets less from more than Bruce Weber.
I am annually surprised ecstatic they decide to keep him around.
fixed for my point of view.
Wisconsin back in the hunt with an ugly win tonight.
Giddyup! I unfortunately didn't get to see it. Looking at the box score, it's nice to see just 5 turnovers, as the Badgers can't win if they don't win the turnover margin. Nice to see a win even though Brust, Berggen and Bruesewitz went a combined 0-7 from three. All three have good strokes (Brust in particular) and will heat up at some point. It's also great to see Evans taking more shots. I'm guessing the majority weren't his idiotic mid range jump shots over a defender, and instead were him attacking the rim, since he actually shot a decent percentage.
OSU @ WI Saturday @ 2 :boxing:
:boxing: Winner will be in first place all alone (albeit just a half a game if it's WI) :popcorn:

With Green out for an extended time, looks like MSU's B10 title hopes are severely challenged. That 1-pt loss last night was huge for them in a number of ways going forward. :mellow:

What a nightmare night.
Where did you hear/read this? MSU said that he's "day to day" with no tear.
add "possibly out" to that...it was early this morning when I posted that...he didnt look good at all last night.

The upcoming road schedule for Illinois is brutal.@Indiana@Michigan@Nebraska@Ohio State@Wisconsin
Yikes. If they don't squeak out an upset win at IU or UM, that's 5 automatic losses.
@ Nebraska is an automatic loss? :confused:
:yes:Weber is probably the only coach in the B1G that Doc can outcoach. And remember the Huskers should have won in Champaign back in the first week of January when they weren't 100%, like they are now. Illinois didn't handle the home crowd booing them very well in the first meeting and that will be nothing compared to the raucous crowd they'll be dealing with in Lincoln. And recently Nebraska has been on fire in conference play. Add all that up and it's pretty apparent that Illinois has got no chance.

What a nightmare night.
Where did you hear/read this? MSU said that he's "day to day" with no tear.
add "possibly out" to that...it was early this morning when I posted that...he didnt look good at all last night.
Gotcha. I wasn't busting your balls, just wondering if you knew something I didn't. Hopefully Green will be back sooner than later. I think this MSU team is one of Izzo's better squads. I don't read too much into road losses, because well, everyone is losing on the road right now.

The upcoming road schedule for Illinois is brutal.

@Indiana

@Michigan

@Nebraska

@Ohio State

@Wisconsin
Yikes. If they don't squeak out an upset win at IU or UM, that's 5 automatic losses.
@ Nebraska is an automatic loss? :confused:
:yes: Weber is probably the only coach in the B1G that Doc can outcoach. And remember the Huskers should have won in Champaign back in the first week of January when they weren't 100%, like they are now. Illinois didn't handle the home crowd booing them very well in the first meeting and that will be nothing compared to the raucous crowd they'll be dealing with in Lincoln. And recently Nebraska has been on fire in conference play. Add all that up and it's pretty apparent that Illinois has got no chance.
Yeah, sometimes I feel like Weber needs to move to Europe and coach. His teams seem to play soft about 3/4 of the time. When Illinois actually buckles down, they can run with almost any team in the country. Unfortunately, that doesn't happen very often. Another thing, does Weber recruit mental midgets, or is Weber the problem in that area? It seems like every year he has maturity issues with at least one or two guys.

Heard Green was hoofing it to class (trying not to be late) today with no noticible limp, so that's really encouraging for Sunday.

Heard Green was hoofing it to class (trying not to be late) today with no noticible limp, so that's really encouraging for Sunday.
Player trying to get rolling: It appears Michigan State's Draymond Green will play Sunday despite suffering an injury Tuesday at Illinois. That's good news for the ninth-ranked Spartans. But they still need Keith Appling to be better. He's turned the ball over eight times the past two games while shooting 2-of-19 from the field. It'll take a superior effort from the sophomore point guard for the Spartans to get past No. 23 Michigan.
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/17113219/weekend-look-ahead-kansasmizzou-somethin-to-look-forward-to

Gotcha. I wasn't busting your balls, just wondering if you knew something I didn't. Hopefully Green will be back sooner than later. I think this MSU team is one of Izzo's better squads. I don't read too much into road losses, because well, everyone is losing on the road right now.
:lmao: Pretty sure I've heard that exact same line every single year since 1999

Good day of basketball in Big10: OSU / Wisky and Indiana / Purdue. Wisky putting people asleep with their 1950's offense but as usual they are solid. Going to be a great game. IU is looking a lot more like what they were expected to be after the amazing start. Beating Purdue at home would be so nice but they'll probably get behind by 15 early and struggle to get back in it. Always a huge game, this is the first time in years that IU is decent. Both teams need this win, will be a great atmosphere.

Good day of basketball in Big10: OSU / Wisky and Indiana / Purdue. Wisky putting people asleep with their 1950's offense but as usual they are solid. Going to be a great game. IU is looking a lot more like what they were expected to be after the amazing start. Beating Purdue at home would be so nice but they'll probably get behind by 15 early and struggle to get back in it. Always a huge game, this is the first time in years that IU is decent. Both teams need this win, will be a great atmosphere.
OSU is playing far better than anyone in the Big10. I don't seeing Wisconsin beating them without them playing their best game of the year. The IU-Purdue game should be the much better match-up if IU can show up on the road. Neither team is playing their best ball right now.

OSU is playing far better than anyone in the Big10. I don't seeing Wisconsin beating them without them playing their best game of the year. The IU-Purdue game should be the much better match-up if IU can show up on the road. Neither team is playing their best ball right now.
OSU is the best team for sure, Wisky is just so good at doing their thing. They have a bunch of big dudes to run at Sullinger and a great point guard. Hoping for a close game with a good finish.

Craft took Taylor out of the game. I really thought that the bucks would have to kill someone to get out of there with the win.

Users who are viewing this thread