What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Big Ten Basketball 2022/2023 - Return to Power (2 Viewers)

Yep, it's all over. Fire Izzo.

Michigan is gonna be an interesting wild card in the NCAAT. 
Beilein's is - without a doubt - an offensive coach. His best defensive team at M was ranked 34 on Kenpom (the team that lost in the finals). 

This team is now ranked 6th. This is unheard of for Beilein.

Having said that, they are only 35 offensively, so its not one of his best offensive teams. Weird year at Michigan. But we will take it.

Beilein's is - without a doubt - an offensive coach. His best defensive team at M was ranked 34 on Kenpom (the team that lost in the finals). 

This team is now ranked 6th. This is unheard of for Beilein.

Having said that, they are only 35 offensively, so its not one of his best offensive teams. Weird year at Michigan. But we will take it.
That Wagner dude is the key, based on the few games I've watched. When he gets off, so does the rest of the team. And Beilein can coach his ### off. He's like the B1G's version of Larranaga. 

That Wagner dude is the key, based on the few games I've watched. When he gets off, so does the rest of the team. And Beilein can coach his ### off. He's like the B1G's version of Larranaga. 
Yea what Mo does is allows M to play 5 out. Which works really well against a team like MSU because it takes all of their shot blockers out of the lane. And opens it up for our guards to drive.

Having a 5 who can shoot is ... fun.

Yea what Mo does is allows M to play 5 out. Which works really well against a team like MSU because it takes all of their shot blockers out of the lane. And opens it up for our guards to drive.

Having a 5 who can shoot is ... fun.
They are streaky, though, right?

No matter - I'm taking them to get to the FF in at least 13 of my 427 brackets  :)

They are streaky, though, right?

No matter - I'm taking them to get to the FF in at least 13 of my 427 brackets  :)
Oh for sure. This is probably the worst shooting Beilein team at M in a while. Against Iowa on Thursday they were 3 for 19 from 3.

The difference this year, though, is that their D is good enough to at least keep them in games where they don't shoot well.

First two Purdue/Michigan games this year were great games. But the wrong team won. 

Hopefully tomorrow we can reverse that.
The trend right now is repeating what happened during the regular season. 

It should be a great game.  

Congrats to Michigan, I hate you. I know the big 10 is top heavy this year, but to go all cliche, I don't think anyone wants to see a big 10 team in the tourney this year.

Congrats.  Purdue can't turn the ball over and then give up layups on the other end.  Bad game for the Boilers.  Edwards and Edwards never got going....Michigan played great D.

Purdue has been trending down for a while.  They are a big upset candidate in the tourney

Last edited by a moderator:
Purdue has been trending down for a while.  They are a big upset candidate in the tourney
Except for how they ended the season and lost to last second shots to OSU and MSU.  The Wisconsin game has been the only real let down game for them.  

Except for how they ended the season and lost to last second shots to OSU and MSU.  The Wisconsin game has been the only real let down game for them.  
Yeah I think all those late season losses are letdowns.  They are not closing games and getting stagnant on offense.  They are definitely a top 32 team but these guys are gonna lose to someone earlier than most will think

Yeah I think all those late season losses are letdowns.  They are not closing games and getting stagnant on offense.  They are definitely a top 32 team but these guys are gonna lose to someone earlier than most will think
Wow...really, you think they are in the top 32?

They definitely have issues when they get out rebounded and turn the ball over, but that doesn't happen very often.

Wow...really, you think they are in the top 32?

They definitely have issues when they get out rebounded and turn the ball over, but that doesn't happen very often.
I like them.  They are a top ten team.  But they are not playing like it right now

Care to wager on Michigan State's seeding? I will take 2, you get 4 and 3 will be a push. 
Why do you think no one wants to see a B1G team in the tournament? I think the B1G is fairly weak overall.

State had a great season, one of the best ever in their history but I don’t think anyone is shaking in their boots matching up with them. They have consistently played down to the level of their competition. tOSU and Purdue are both on a downswing . I guess if anyone should fear any B1G team it would be umaa, as they have consistently been getting better as the season wore on. But they are the only ones IMO.

BroncoFreak_2K3 said:
Why do you think no one wants to see a B1G team in the tournament? I think the B1G is fairly weak overall.

State had a great season, one of the best ever in their history but I don’t think anyone is shaking in their boots matching up with them. They have consistently played down to the level of their competition. tOSU and Purdue are both on a downswing . I guess if anyone should fear any B1G team it would be umaa, as they have consistently been getting better as the season wore on. But they are the only ones IMO.
So you don't? Okay. Good luck

Michigan is playing like a 1-2 seed right now, but mediocre start will keep them a 4.   Nobody will want Michigan in their bracket because they will be under-seeded.  The point guard Simpson reminds me of a raw Isiah Thomas.  This team's downfall will be at the free throw line.  

Question is how with the time off play out? Never a fan of a hot team forced to cool their heels, but the other B10 teams will be coming off a loss.

Michigan is playing like a 1-2 seed right now, but mediocre start will keep them a 4.   Nobody will want Michigan in their bracket because they will be under-seeded.  The point guard Simpson reminds me of a raw Isiah Thomas.  This team's downfall will be at the free throw line.  
:goodposting:

Though Simpson has gotten better at the line since he switched to that funky right-hand-side dribble. 

I don't understand why they leave Matthews in the game during end-of-game fouling situations.

Question is how with the time off play out? Never a fan of a hot team forced to cool their heels, but the other B10 teams will be coming off a loss.
Positive, good chance the first round draw is another team off for a week plus. I'd be more worried about it with a mediocre coach, but we certainly don't have one of those. 

need2know said:
Vince Edwards has been battling illness and injury for a month.  Before that he was POTY candidate.  Hasn't been anywhere near effective since.  Hopefully the time off will let him get back to 100%.  If he's good to go they will roll their first 2 opponents.

Users who are viewing this thread