JaxBill

*** Official Jaguars Thread - New uniforms leaked because Jaguars ***

2,889 posts in this topic

I like Gruden as a Del Rio replacement. Thoughts?I also like the idea of sourcing a quality veteran WR and drafting oline.I also like the idea of firing the GM, but it doesnt look like that will be happening anytime soon.

Jay Gruden, possibly. Most offensive coaches would be welcome(not thrilled about the Brian Schottenheimer being brught up)Jon Gruden would cost too much.
:angry: Don't be stealing our OC Grr. Signed Bengals fans.-QG
OK, your DC then?
:no::angry:-QG
Okay.. WR it is then. Edited by Wadsworth

I like Gruden as a Del Rio replacement. Thoughts?I also like the idea of sourcing a quality veteran WR and drafting oline.I also like the idea of firing the GM, but it doesnt look like that will be happening anytime soon.

Jay Gruden, possibly. Most offensive coaches would be welcome(not thrilled about the Brian Schottenheimer being brught up)Jon Gruden would cost too much.
OK, your DC then?
Okay.. WR it is then.
Ryan Whalen is all yours! :thumbup:-QG

OK, your DC then?
Okay.. WR it is then.
Ryan Whalen is all yours! :thumbup:-QG
Upgrade for us.

Mel Tucker runs up-tempo practice

Then there was the up-tempo nature of the practice itself.It ended 18 minutes early because of the fast tempo of the drills.The players ran between drills, and there wasn’t much standing around during practice......Tucker gave the players a list of what he wanted to accomplish, and he said the main goal is to get better each day.“I felt like we would be better, and in my estimation we did get better today as a football team, offense, defense and special teams. So we pick it up again tomorrow,” he said.The players weren’t surprised that Tucker ran a high-tempo practice because that is the way he’s had the defense practicing all year in his role as defensive coordinator under former coach Jack Del Rio.

http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/jaguars/2011-12-02/story/mel-tucker-picks-pace-jaguars-practice#ixzz1fO0iLa1P

Update on WR depth chart for teh really desperate in really deep leagues

t looked as if Jarett Dillard will be promoted to the second starting job alongside Thomas with Cecil Shorts, the third receiver. Chastin West and Brian Robiskie figure to be the backups. Kassim Osgood is the other receiver, but he’s mainly a special teams player.

I'm torn on Jon Gruden. I'd like him if he could settle on 1 or 2 Qb's and not bring in the QB circuses he started doing his last couple years in Tampa. But I do like his fire and intensity.If they can get their oline healthy and stable, bring in or draft a stud, #1 WR, bring in a veteran QB that can at least make the defense honor the passing game some what, I think that would make a world of difference. They can pick up secondary help with their mid-later round picks.If there's anything the NFL has taught us, having depth is a necessity!

The new owner will not be at the stadium for MNF and released a statement regarding:

I sincerely appreciate Wayne Weaver’s invitation to me and my family to join him for Monday night’s game against San Diego. I was ready for some football.However, the best thing that evening is for me to be in New York to focus on the NFL Finance Committee’s meeting scheduled on Tuesday. And, above all, I feel that Monday night should be about three important people in the Jaguars family – Mel Tucker and, of course, Wayne and Delores Weaver. Mel and Wayne and Delores each fully deserve our love, attention and enthusiastic support on Monday night. This moment is for them.The Jacksonville community has been simply terrific since our announcement on Tuesday, and my entire family is extremely appreciative. I am aware of the supportive letters, calls, emails, Tweets and even T-shirts, and your kindness is truly appreciated. It’s exactly what Wayne promised us when we expressed our commitment to Jacksonville and the Jaguars, and I can’t wait to finally meet everyone in person later this month. In the meantime … Go Jaguars! - Khan

I find it interesting that he made a point to mention Mel Tucker. Certainly saying that the night was about Wayne and Delores would have been plenty of a tip of the cap, but him also adding Tucker as someone deserving "our love, attention and enthusiastic support on Monday night. This moment is for them" seemed like it might be a small tell.

Jaguars fans twitterbombing national media with #jaguarsfacts ahead of MNF.http://jagsfacts.wordpress.com/about/Supposedly jason Cole, Rich Eisen, and Mike Silver are already peeved.I'm sure this will end well.

I would add that in the state of Florida the Jaguars are not the worst in attendance... or even the second worst. But Jacksonville is called a college town and the commitment of Jaguar fans is continually questioned in spite of out drawing the Miami and Tampa metro areas, both of which have much higher populations.

So the Jaguars are missing:

-Their top 3 CBs

-a starting safety

-a starting LB

-4 of their top 5 DEs

-Starting RT

-Starting TE(did not see that injury), and back up TE

-They are not missing any WRs to injury because they never has any to start with

-and various other players that were not starters

And still I don't think all that justifies the performance on MNF.

Only good news last night was the graphic showing Gabbert only signed a 12 Mil contract.

And maybe they can move Whimper to a blocking TE because he sure can't play RT.

What does it say about their defense that they are in the top 5 with the crap secondary they have? An undrafted rookie and multi-team castoff in Youboty? They got ate up last night.

I feel bad for the Jag defense. They are constantly on the field since Gabbert can't move the chains. They'd be better off just running the ball every snap.

My #1 thing on my Christmas list is that Khan will see the ineptitude of Gene Smith and boot him.

What does it say about their defense that they are in the top 5 with the crap secondary they have? An undrafted rookie and multi-team castoff in Youboty? They got ate up last night.

I feel bad for the Jag defense. They are constantly on the field since Gabbert can't move the chains. They'd be better off just running the ball every snap.

My #1 thing on my Christmas list is that Khan will see the ineptitude of Gene Smith and boot him.

:confused: So the inept guy built a top 5 defense?

:confused: So the inept guy built a top 5 defense?

Yup. Missing on some players is an aspect of scouting and drafting. It happens, but it tends to be higher profile when you miss on a QB. As seen in the Gabbert thread that just got bumped, a lot of 'smart' folks misjudged this guy. Smith may not be a genius but he's done a pretty nice job with less resources than most GMs would have done in the same situation.

The hits just keep coming, Kampman to IR, and the list is already full. On top of that both Mike Thomas and Cecil Shorts left the Sunday game with injuries and the Jags are on a short week with a Thursday night game. Oh, and Scobee strained his calf in warm ups and was limited in the game.

Mike Thomas: concussion

Cecil Shorts: hamstring

So barring quick recovery the Jags WRs for the Atlanta game are; Dillard, West, Price, Osgood. Oy.

Edited by Wadsworth

Just watching old games on YouTube and I came across this:

Ending of Jacksonville's first win ever

I think possibly the best part is that even back in 1995 (that's right, more than 15 years ago!), the commentators were talking about how stupid icing the kicker is.

The hits just keep coming, Kampman to IR, and the list is already full. On top of that both Mike Thomas and Cecil Shorts left the Sunday game with injuries and the Jags are on a short week with a Thursday night game. Oh, and Scobee strained his calf in warm ups and was limited in the game.Mike Thomas: concussionCecil Shorts: hamstringSo barring quick recovery the Jags WRs for the Atlanta game are; Dillard, West, Price, Osgood. Oy.

Expectations for Dillard this weekend? FBG's ranking him 5 spots ahead of LRobinson from DAL, I assume due to the JAX injuries, but I have a hard time making the substitution.

The hits just keep coming, Kampman to IR, and the list is already full. On top of that both Mike Thomas and Cecil Shorts left the Sunday game with injuries and the Jags are on a short week with a Thursday night game. Oh, and Scobee strained his calf in warm ups and was limited in the game.

So barring quick recovery the Jags WRs for the Atlanta game are; Dillard, West, Price, Osgood. Oy.

Expectations for Dillard this weekend? FBG's ranking him 5 spots ahead of LRobinson from DAL, I assume due to the JAX injuries, but I have a hard time making the substitution.
West was plucked from the Green Bay practice squad, Price was cut by the Pats and recently picked up off the street, Osgood is a special teamer who has never been very productive as a WR. Which leaves Dillard, a late round draft pick a couple years ago that has been injured more than he has been healthy in his short career. Based on the competition Dillard should get a bunch of targets which might lead to a decent PPR outing, but I have to think that most fantasy teams would have better options.

West was plucked from the Green Bay practice squad, Price was cut by the Pats and recently picked up off the street, Osgood is a special teamer who has never been very productive as a WR. Which leaves Dillard, a late round draft pick a couple years ago that has been injured more than he has been healthy in his short career. Based on the competition Dillard should get a bunch of targets which might lead to a decent PPR outing, but I have to think that most fantasy teams would have better options.
Thanks for the detail, not PPR in this league, 16-teamer - still some thinking to do.

Khan showing a commitment to Jacksonville

New Jaguars owner Shahid Khan remains 100 percent invested in Jacksonville beyond just a clause in the contract calling for him to pay $25 million to Weaver’s favorite charity if Khan moves the team within five years.

In response to the report about the clause on the NFL Network, Khan’s spokesman, Jim Woodcock, said, “Shad Khan is 100 percent invested in Jacksonville and the legacy built by Wayne and Delores Weaver. So when Mr. Weaver requested this feature [the $25 million clause], Shad was very amenable to any language in the purchase agreement to that effect.”

Read more at Jacksonville.com: http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/jaguars/2011-12-19/story/jaguars-owner-shahid-khan-fine-25-million-pledge?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+jacksonville%2FksHE+%28Jacksonville+Jaguars+%2B+Jaguars+News+-+Jacksonville.com+an#ixzz1h6IFhjrs

It's not getting much press, but Khan ain't messing around with interviews.

“It’s nonstop,” Khan said in an interview with the Times-Union. “This is a one-owner-at-a-time league, [but] that doesn’t mean we can’t prepare. We’ve had our first 25 plays and we’re executing them. This is not something you wait for. We know who our top three choices are. All three are excellent.”

To Khan, speed and discretion are the two most important factors in the coaching search. He expects to do this quickly and quietly, much like how he purchased the Jaguars.

“Discretion is a very valuable asset,” Khan said. “So, keeping this stuff confidential serves the Jaguar fans as well as any prospective candidate.”

Only Khan and Jaguars general manager Gene Smith know the full list of candidates the Jaguars are considering, and Khan said the list does include well-known names, but declined to say who they were.

The interview process began this week, even before Khan officially took over at 1:35 p.m. on Wednesday. Interim head coach Mel Tucker has already interviewed.

The names of five offensive coordinators the Jaguars have requested to speak with became public this week — the Jets’ Brian Schottenheimer, the Patriots’ Bill O’Brien, the Broncos’ Mike McCoy, the Panthers’ Rob Chudzinski and the Falcons’ Mike Mularkey.

Read more at Jacksonville.com: http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/jaguars/2012-01-04/story/shahid-khan-jaguars-have-three-coaches-mind#ixzz1iaT2m9u7

Also saw a tweet last night that all of the HC candidates they have spoken to so far have come out in support of Gabbert.

you guys i hope that they get rid of blaine crapped his pants gabbert he is scared of playing football i dont get it and i just cant even stand thinking about him leading any team let alone one of the most exciting teams in the nfl i went to florida on a vacation once when i was a kid and so i always have good thoughts for jacksonville tkae it to the bank

It's not getting much press, but Khan ain't messing around with interviews.

“It’s nonstop,” Khan said in an interview with the Times-Union. “This is a one-owner-at-a-time league, [but] that doesn’t mean we can’t prepare. We’ve had our first 25 plays and we’re executing them. This is not something you wait for. We know who our top three choices are. All three are excellent.”

To Khan, speed and discretion are the two most important factors in the coaching search. He expects to do this quickly and quietly, much like how he purchased the Jaguars.

“Discretion is a very valuable asset,” Khan said. “So, keeping this stuff confidential serves the Jaguar fans as well as any prospective candidate.”

Only Khan and Jaguars general manager Gene Smith know the full list of candidates the Jaguars are considering, and Khan said the list does include well-known names, but declined to say who they were.

The interview process began this week, even before Khan officially took over at 1:35 p.m. on Wednesday. Interim head coach Mel Tucker has already interviewed.

The names of five offensive coordinators the Jaguars have requested to speak with became public this week — the Jets’ Brian Schottenheimer, the Patriots’ Bill O’Brien, the Broncos’ Mike McCoy, the Panthers’ Rob Chudzinski and the Falcons’ Mike Mularkey.

Read more at Jacksonville.com: http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/jaguars/2012-01-04/story/shahid-khan-jaguars-have-three-coaches-mind#ixzz1iaT2m9u7

Also saw a tweet last night that all of the HC candidates they have spoken to so far have come out in support of Gabbert.

He looks like a proactive owner. I like it.

Khan: Fans = season ticket holders

Khan also expressed his true definition of a Jaguars fan.“I think I can clarify at this point for me a fan is somebody who is a season ticket holder fan for the Jaguars,” says Khan.He continued on to say that he wants input from those fans.“We want to hear from people. We want a huge amount of constructive feedback. We need imput, but we need that from fans who are season ticket holders,” says Khan.

http://www.wokv.com/news/news/local/shad-khan-its-not-about-splash-its-about-smart/nGLBP/

Khan: Fans = season ticket holders

Khan also expressed his true definition of a Jaguars fan.“I think I can clarify at this point for me a fan is somebody who is a season ticket holder fan for the Jaguars,” says Khan.He continued on to say that he wants input from those fans.“We want to hear from people. We want a huge amount of constructive feedback. We need imput, but we need that from fans who are season ticket holders,” says Khan.

http://www.wokv.com/news/news/local/shad-khan-its-not-about-splash-its-about-smart/nGLBP/
Yikes and I thought the Mularkey hire would be the worst thing he did this week...still love the mustachio though.

Jaguars switching to all-black uniforms? Ughhttp://www.bigcatcountry.com/2012/2/3/2769388/new-jacksonville-jaguars-uniform

It's a new era. I like all the change that is going on.

Don't like the all-black uni's. DOn't like them getting away from teal. A bunch of teams already have primary black jerseys and it seems like every team has a black third jersey. And that's not even talking about black in the Florida sun.

Don't like the all-black uni's. DOn't like them getting away from teal. A bunch of teams already have primary black jerseys and it seems like every team has a black third jersey. And that's not even talking about black in the Florida sun.

I've gotta agree, every team has black, but one of the signatures of the Jaguars franchise is the teal color. The all black in the hot sun doesn't seem too smart to me, black pants with white tops might work, but the all black just doesn't fly.

Did Magic Johnson indirectly help keep the Jags in Jacksonville?

Magic Johnson headlines a group that has bid 2 Billion(pinkie up) dollars for the LA Dodgers.

What does this have to do with the Jags?

One of the other groups to bid was STL Rams owner Stan Kroenke. If Kroenke’s group had won, there were possible cross-ownership issues because the NFL still considers LA a “League city”. At the very least, if an NFL team went to LA, he would have to ether be part of that team's ownership group or sell the Rams.

One of the rumors floating around was that if Kroenke won the Dodgers bid, the Rams move back to LA. Shad khan had bid on the Rams before buying the Jags and his Illinois ties are not far from STL. So, connecting the dots, the rumor went that Khan would move the Jags to STL.

Of course, maybe Kroenke still moves the Rams, but now he has one less reason (or excuse to cover the real reason of more lucrative pastures) to do so.

Did Magic Johnson indirectly help keep the Jags in Jacksonville?Magic Johnson headlines a group that has bid 2 Billion(pinkie up) dollars for the LA Dodgers.What does this have to do with the Jags?One of the other groups to bid was STL Rams owner Stan Kroenke. If Kroenke’s group had won, there were possible cross-ownership issues because the NFL still considers LA a “League city”. At the very least, if an NFL team went to LA, he would have to ether be part of that team's ownership group or sell the Rams.One of the rumors floating around was that if Kroenke won the Dodgers bid, the Rams move back to LA. Shad khan had bid on the Rams before buying the Jags and his Illinois ties are not far from STL. So, connecting the dots, the rumor went that Khan would move the Jags to STL.Of course, maybe Kroenke still moves the Rams, but now he has one less reason (or excuse to cover the real reason of more lucrative pastures) to do so.

I get what you are saying and the Jaguars to St. Louis if the Rams move rumors have been floated around for a while. But do not see it as an issue. I think Khan will keep the Jaguars in Jacksonville because he recognizes that long term it can develop into one of the better fan bases. Jacksonville already out draws Tampa and Miami which are much more populated areas. With some proper management the Jags could be a model of small market success moving forward.

No hope for this franchise. No one in Jacksonville even cares.

Did Magic Johnson indirectly help keep the Jags in Jacksonville?Magic Johnson headlines a group that has bid 2 Billion(pinkie up) dollars for the LA Dodgers.What does this have to do with the Jags?One of the other groups to bid was STL Rams owner Stan Kroenke. If Kroenke’s group had won, there were possible cross-ownership issues because the NFL still considers LA a “League city”. At the very least, if an NFL team went to LA, he would have to ether be part of that team's ownership group or sell the Rams.One of the rumors floating around was that if Kroenke won the Dodgers bid, the Rams move back to LA. Shad khan had bid on the Rams before buying the Jags and his Illinois ties are not far from STL. So, connecting the dots, the rumor went that Khan would move the Jags to STL.Of course, maybe Kroenke still moves the Rams, but now he has one less reason (or excuse to cover the real reason of more lucrative pastures) to do so.

I get what you are saying and the Jaguars to St. Louis if the Rams move rumors have been floated around for a while. But do not see it as an issue. I think Khan will keep the Jaguars in Jacksonville because he recognizes that long term it can develop into one of the better fan bases. Jacksonville already out draws Tampa and Miami which are much more populated areas. With some proper management the Jags could be a model of small market success moving forward.
Wow you're delusional.

No hope for this franchise. No one in Jacksonville even cares.

If you do not have anything to add to the thread, kindly find another way to spend your time.

Magic Johnson headlines a group that has bid 2 Billion(pinkie up) dollars for the LA Dodgers.

One of the other groups to bid was STL Rams owner Stan Kroenke. If Kroenke’s group had won, there were possible cross-ownership issues because the NFL still considers LA a “League city”. At the very least, if an NFL team went to LA, he would have to ether be part of that team's ownership group or sell the Rams.

One of the rumors floating around was that if Kroenke won the Dodgers bid, the Rams move back to LA. Shad khan had bid on the Rams before buying the Jags and his Illinois ties are not far from STL. So, connecting the dots, the rumor went that Khan would move the Jags to STL.

Of course, maybe Kroenke still moves the Rams, but now he has one less reason (or excuse to cover the real reason of more lucrative pastures) to do so.

Here lies the problem. That ain't happening with this franchise. Khan thinks this is his fantasy team and Gene Smith is as inept as George W. Bush. They are hopeless. I can't wait to watch Gene blow yet another draft as I sit at my local establishment while downing a brew. It's gotten as entertaining as watching the Raiders run their show.

Here lies the problem. That ain't happening with this franchise. Khan thinks this is his fantasy team and Gene Smith is as inept as George W. Bush. They are hopeless. I can't wait to watch Gene blow yet another draft as I sit at my local establishment while downing a brew. It's gotten as entertaining as watching the Raiders run their show.
The Jaguars defense finished 6th in the NFL in yards allowed last season in spite losing multiple CBs and DEs. By the end of the season they were starting two street free agents at CB and a back up DT at DE after putting 30 players on IR. The previous year the Jaguars defense finished 28th in the NFL in yards allowed. Is going from 28th to 6th inept? Does it make you hopeless?

MJD led the NFL in rushing last season. Does that make you hopeless?

The passing game was awful, more than awful last season. But the Jaguars have put together a pretty good defense and the rushing attack one of the better in the NFL. I do not consider that inept. Yes, this season they need to improve the passing attack greatly, but when you consider the results of focusing on the defense last season, there is room for some hope for improvement in the passing attack which will be the focus this season.