What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

An Open Letter to Studs (1 Viewer)

SmoovySmoov

The Way of the Samurai
Dear Stubs,

I just wanted to take a moment from my day, and let you know that you are truly missed. I know that as time went on, each post you made was met with more and more of the "I think you are trying too hard. This one didn't do it for me" posts from people who have never once said anything even remotely funny on this board. Not only is there a population of posters here who believe that you've never "missed" with a post, but I kept saying each time the unoriginal bashed your posts that eventually this would cause you to leave...........and it has happened. You haven't posted in a long time, and my work day has suffered because of it.

I miss hearing about Uncle Clompitts. I miss getting updates about Jimmy C. I would like to know how everything is going over at purr and woofs. How is Huerta? I have an autographed rookie card of Neil Rankers for you if you would just come back.

I love you,

Chewbanka

I remember Huerta singing (or burping, can't remember) Kelly Clarpson and playing whack-a-mole. I miss those days.

He has been absent from teh Facebook too since friending Amanda Peet. Perhaps he found true love and eloped?

We could definitely use more Studs, but he never struck me as the type that would care about how popular he was.

My guess is real life is robbing us of his time spent here.

This would be necessary if Studs were some kind of humor schtick, but he's just a regular guy who doesn't get all caught up in spelling and grammar when he's typing up a post.

I do miss his whimsical style of folk-storytelling that made us all chuckle as we realized his kindly if not slightly misconstructed words were really all about our own human foibles and ultimately provided keen glimpses under the covers of the many fascinating layers of human nature. :kicksrock:

That said, I just assumed he was playing :wolf:

:shrug:

'SmoovySmoov said:
"I think you are trying too hard. This one didn't do it for me" posts from people who have never once said anything even remotely funny on this board.
Case in point.

thnak you guys. I havent been around much lately for two reason. first reason is teh subway is sellin meatball sub for like 2 dollars. I have been over there a lot. they meatball is (kiss hand) delicous. second is my best friend has been real depressed. He name is Jimmy and some of you know him better by he full names Jimmy C. he is my dog. I guess jimmy think he whole life that one day he was gonna get he license and be able to drive but a few weeks back one of teh other dog tell him that dogs aint ever allowed to drive. btw This is exactly why you keep you dog away from bad dogs because i bet pabalo tell him. anyway I think jimmy see a dog drivin on tv when he was just a pumpy and he think that one day that would be him. What is sad about all of this is that jimmy could drive real good. I let him drive once in a field near our house in united state and he did great. He only problem was that he couldn't signal left. He could only slap that lever down with he paw and signal right. It wasn't a big deal though because hey lets just turn right.

To make a long story now he aint eatin and when I get home from work all that is playin on teh cd is i'm watchin wheels go round and round, and jimmy just look out teh window at a road that aint there. I guess if you're a dog and you dreams dont come true, all you could do be sad because dogs really cant do nothing else (blows out). I gonna give him extra pets on he head tonight and tell him that even though he aint allowed to drive he can still be in charge of directions. If i am lucky maybe he lick my face and plan out our next trip to teh subway.

stdfs8675309

p and s huerta is now dating a pretty lady names Bungo

'E Street Brat said:
'Al Czervik said:
He has been absent from teh Facebook too since friending Amanda Peet. Perhaps he found true love and eloped?
Amanda getting teh juice. llo
I thought this was a gadzooks post lol
I wish. I wish so hard.
I gonna give him extra pets on he head tonight and tell him that even though he aint allowed to drive he can still be in charge of directions. If i am lucky maybe he lick my face and plan out our next trip to teh subway.

stdfs8675309
:lmao:

thnak you guys. I havent been around much lately for two reason. first reason is teh subway is sellin meatball sub for like 2 dollars. I have been over there a lot. they meatball is (kiss hand) delicous. second is my best friend has been real depressed. He name is Jimmy and some of you know him better by he full names Jimmy C. he is my dog. I guess jimmy think he whole life that one day he was gonna get he license and be able to drive but a few weeks back one of teh other dog tell him that dogs aint ever allowed to drive. btw This is exactly why you keep you dog away from bad dogs because i bet pabalo tell him. anyway I think jimmy see a dog drivin on tv when he was just a pumpy and he think that one day that would be him. What is sad about all of this is that jimmy could drive real good. I let him drive once in a field near our house in united state and he did great. He only problem was that he couldn't signal left. He could only slap that lever down with he paw and signal right. It wasn't a big deal though because hey lets just turn right. To make a long story now he aint eatin and when I get home from work all that is playin on teh cd is i'm watchin wheels go round and round, and jimmy just look out teh window at a road that aint there. I guess if you're a dog and you dreams dont come true, all you could do be sad because dogs really cant do nothing else (blows out). I gonna give him extra pets on he head tonight and tell him that even though he aint allowed to drive he can still be in charge of directions. If i am lucky maybe he lick my face and plan out our next trip to teh subway.stdfs8675309p and s huerta is now dating a pretty lady names Bungo
dont you just hate when you go to a play and there is a stand in for the lead role?

'SmoovySmoov said:
This one didn't do it for me" posts from people who have never once said anything even remotely funny on this board.
Wait, there are funny posts on this board? When did that start?

thnak you guys. I havent been around much lately for two reason. first reason is teh subway is sellin meatball sub for like 2 dollars. I have been over there a lot. they meatball is (kiss hand) delicous. second is my best friend has been real depressed. He name is Jimmy and some of you know him better by he full names Jimmy C. he is my dog. I guess jimmy think he whole life that one day he was gonna get he license and be able to drive but a few weeks back one of teh other dog tell him that dogs aint ever allowed to drive. btw This is exactly why you keep you dog away from bad dogs because i bet pabalo tell him. anyway I think jimmy see a dog drivin on tv when he was just a pumpy and he think that one day that would be him. What is sad about all of this is that jimmy could drive real good. I let him drive once in a field near our house in united state and he did great. He only problem was that he couldn't signal left. He could only slap that lever down with he paw and signal right. It wasn't a big deal though because hey lets just turn right. To make a long story now he aint eatin and when I get home from work all that is playin on teh cd is i'm watchin wheels go round and round, and jimmy just look out teh window at a road that aint there. I guess if you're a dog and you dreams dont come true, all you could do be sad because dogs really cant do nothing else (blows out). I gonna give him extra pets on he head tonight and tell him that even though he aint allowed to drive he can still be in charge of directions. If i am lucky maybe he lick my face and plan out our next trip to teh subway.stdfs8675309p and s huerta is now dating a pretty lady names Bungo
dont you just hate when you go to a play and there is a stand in for the lead role?
:goodposting: Nice effort, but this is not the real studs.

https://deadspin.com/the-one-with-competitive-fanny-coughs-and-belichicks-ca-5226042

(blows out) this remind me of my friend names Helen van Biscuits. There is mexicaned resterant in my town that have contest. They say whoever make loudest fanny cough will get a year supply of burrito for free. We have known for years that our friend names Helen just love them burritos so qwerts call her up and tell her about the contest. Helen get real excited but there is one problem. she can't make them fanny coughs loud enough. But one thing she do have is a brains.
So she do alotta research. She go to library and get books about intestines. She try eating different food. She try holdin in choclates for weeks. She try stading in diffrent position when making fanny coughs. There is no stones turned. She even have strategy meeitngs with my freind qwerts after work. Qwwerts suggest that maybe he could build tiny microphone that make it sound real loud but she say no. She is very honets and wouldn't feel good about winnin them burritos like that. She was at the end of a road and almost give up when teh break of a lifetime happen. She watching a tv show about archetecture of buildings and they say that sometime if there the right combonation of curves and openings that sounds can become ampflied and things sound real loud. It say they use these technique in some of the most famous auditorium in all of a world.
That night she try all different things that have curves and opening. She lean her fanny on a wall, teh window, she use kitchen items like a whinsk. But nothing work. As last resort she take her fingers and make opening between middle and next finger just like mr sponk (ecept it is alittle curved). She put her hand like that around the ###### and make a cough. Babooms! It is so loud that it set off 3 car alarms on teh street. But maybe she just get lucky? She try one more time and it is even more loud. She look out a window and there is like 6 animal jsut lookin at her. When you fart is loud enough to make a animal curious you know probably gonna win burritos.
So now she is all set. The contest is today at teh retsaraunt and she knows that destiny is in her bowls. She have her technique and pretty soon she gonna eat burrito for free and the world is her oysters. The contest start and the man who own the restaraunt ( it is called la Pringles) take the stage. "Hello to everyones. Today is day of contest and whoever make teh loudest fanny cough win burrito for a year. on behalfs of me and everyone who work at el pringles, welcome and let teh farters begin! Will all contestant please come to stage." It turn out there is only two people in contest. One is Helen van bisquits and the other is some lady names maria pringles (but they say she aint related). Teh owner say "OK, it just you two, who ever is loudest win!"
So Helen go first. She take a few deep breath. She close her eyes so she can really concentrate. Everyone get real quiet (it real packed there). She slowly hold up her hand and seperate her fingers and curve them (an old lady gasp). She turn around slow and take her her fingers and place them around the outside of teh angus. Here we go. She begin and she let out what is probly one of teh loudest noise ever to come out of a body including screams. It sound like part boat horn and part nucleared esplosion. It is breathtaking and it last for almost 20 seconds. When it is done there is total silence esept for one old man who lookin around and pointing to his ears and tellin everyone he think he is now deaf, but people is pretty much ignore him. Eventually helen turn around and one person start clappin, then a few more and soon it is become a standing ovation. "Borava!" one lady scream. another little girl go to teh stage and give helen a bouquet of flower. Helen is touched and a tear come out. Even Maria pringles look impressed. What can she do ecept to tip her hat to one hell of a fanny cough.
So teh claps die down (ecept for that old deaf man but he wife tell him to calm down and they will hearing aid later). So now it is maria turn. Everyone get quiet again and give maria they attention. Maria look around, she bite down real hard and skin on her nose scrunch. She start counting..."one....two....THREE!" She let out her cough and it sound like snores, but it get a little louder and a little louder and then suddenly there is a second noise that going with it and then ....BOOM teh window esplode! People is so confused. Where did that second part of teh cough come from and how did them windows broke? How does she do that? Teh owner of La Pringle take the microphone "We have a winner! It is maria pringles! Her farts is so loud they break them windows and is sound almost like simons and Garf's uncle when it come out. Congratulation to maria and enjoy you burritos!" Maria start jumping up and down and I look at Helen von bicuits and she is devistating. Even people who watching really don't know what happen. They know that helen probably was louder but Maria broke them windows. So if Helen don't break teh windows and maria do, maria must have been louder.
Helen walk down teh stage and she is very upset. She come to us and say that she try her best and we agree. Qwerts say that he was so impressed by what she do and say he now really attracted to her because she is so talent. We agree it best to go home but Helen want to go say thank you to teh owner before she leave. She have so much class that even though she lose she gonna say thank you. Her fanny is real impressive but her character is loudest of all.
So she look around for him and cant find him. She check everywhere and then finally she look through teh door into the kitchen. That is when she see something that change she life forever. She see teh a whole bunch of people dancing around and singing. She see teh owner, he family and Maria pringle is there too. They is throwing people around on chairs like it is jewished wedding. They is all singing and laughing. She hear teh owner say that he so proud of maria pringles and that Maria is a long lost cousin and they rig teh conest so Maria would get them free burritos. It turn out that there were two little boys that threw rocks at teh windows (he give them free taco) when Maria was makin her coughs and teh second, higher pitch noise when Maria was makin her cough was actually teh owner blowing into a special ring he was wearin that make whistles. He time everything just right and with the harmony and teh glass breaking everyone get tricked into believing that Maria was making it all happen but it was all mirage.
Helen is now so mad she burst through the door into the kitchen and everybody who was dancing an laughing stop and look at her. Teh owner say, "Oh, uh, helen, oh, i we sorry that you lose and uh, we..." but helen cut him off. She slowly raise her right and seperate her fingers. Now people are getting real serioused and starting to panic. "No, dont do it helen" maria scream. But helen don't listen. She turn around, put her fingers on teh ######. Me and qwerts have no gone to teh door to watch and helen look over at qwerts and he say to her (real soft) "I love you." and with those words she let out a cough that so loud you cant hear nothin, you could only see teh looks over terror on teh face of teh pringle family. Some bottles of hot sauce start esploding and Maria Pringle get blown against a wall. Some of them beans also esplode and they go into teh owners eyes and I can see him mouthing "i am blind! I blind." She finish and say "you can keep you burritos, from now on I only gonna eat chinesed."
she walk out of teh kitchen and back in the restarant and the people part for her like a red sea. They clappin and pattin her on her shoulders when she walkin by. The old man who went deaf say that teh second farts knock he hearing back and now it is even better than ever. The mayor is there too and he say "I declares today is helen biscuits day." Helen stop and say thank you to everyone and wave. They all wave back but with they fingers a little apart and curve as a sign of respect. Helen tap her heart and show how much that mean to her. She may not have won all them burritos but she won alotta friends and when it is all done and said, burritos go in you and come out but friends stay in you forever.
stu1ds
p and s when i was writin this i think i hear helen make a loud one ...lol hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol

https://deadspin.com/the-one-with-competitive-fanny-coughs-and-belichicks-ca-5226042

(blows out) this remind me of my friend names Helen van Biscuits. There is mexicaned resterant in my town that have contest. They say whoever make loudest fanny cough will get a year supply of burrito for free. We have known for years that our friend names Helen just love them burritos so qwerts call her up and tell her about the contest. Helen get real excited but there is one problem. she can't make them fanny coughs loud enough. But one thing she do have is a brains.
So she do alotta research. She go to library and get books about intestines. She try eating different food. She try holdin in choclates for weeks. She try stading in diffrent position when making fanny coughs. There is no stones turned. She even have strategy meeitngs with my freind qwerts after work. Qwwerts suggest that maybe he could build tiny microphone that make it sound real loud but she say no. She is very honets and wouldn't feel good about winnin them burritos like that. She was at the end of a road and almost give up when teh break of a lifetime happen. She watching a tv show about archetecture of buildings and they say that sometime if there the right combonation of curves and openings that sounds can become ampflied and things sound real loud. It say they use these technique in some of the most famous auditorium in all of a world.
That night she try all different things that have curves and opening. She lean her fanny on a wall, teh window, she use kitchen items like a whinsk. But nothing work. As last resort she take her fingers and make opening between middle and next finger just like mr sponk (ecept it is alittle curved). She put her hand like that around the ###### and make a cough. Babooms! It is so loud that it set off 3 car alarms on teh street. But maybe she just get lucky? She try one more time and it is even more loud. She look out a window and there is like 6 animal jsut lookin at her. When you fart is loud enough to make a animal curious you know probably gonna win burritos.
So now she is all set. The contest is today at teh retsaraunt and she knows that destiny is in her bowls. She have her technique and pretty soon she gonna eat burrito for free and the world is her oysters. The contest start and the man who own the restaraunt ( it is called la Pringles) take the stage. "Hello to everyones. Today is day of contest and whoever make teh loudest fanny cough win burrito for a year. on behalfs of me and everyone who work at el pringles, welcome and let teh farters begin! Will all contestant please come to stage." It turn out there is only two people in contest. One is Helen van bisquits and the other is some lady names maria pringles (but they say she aint related). Teh owner say "OK, it just you two, who ever is loudest win!"
So Helen go first. She take a few deep breath. She close her eyes so she can really concentrate. Everyone get real quiet (it real packed there). She slowly hold up her hand and seperate her fingers and curve them (an old lady gasp). She turn around slow and take her her fingers and place them around the outside of teh angus. Here we go. She begin and she let out what is probly one of teh loudest noise ever to come out of a body including screams. It sound like part boat horn and part nucleared esplosion. It is breathtaking and it last for almost 20 seconds. When it is done there is total silence esept for one old man who lookin around and pointing to his ears and tellin everyone he think he is now deaf, but people is pretty much ignore him. Eventually helen turn around and one person start clappin, then a few more and soon it is become a standing ovation. "Borava!" one lady scream. another little girl go to teh stage and give helen a bouquet of flower. Helen is touched and a tear come out. Even Maria pringles look impressed. What can she do ecept to tip her hat to one hell of a fanny cough.
So teh claps die down (ecept for that old deaf man but he wife tell him to calm down and they will hearing aid later). So now it is maria turn. Everyone get quiet again and give maria they attention. Maria look around, she bite down real hard and skin on her nose scrunch. She start counting..."one....two....THREE!" She let out her cough and it sound like snores, but it get a little louder and a little louder and then suddenly there is a second noise that going with it and then ....BOOM teh window esplode! People is so confused. Where did that second part of teh cough come from and how did them windows broke? How does she do that? Teh owner of La Pringle take the microphone "We have a winner! It is maria pringles! Her farts is so loud they break them windows and is sound almost like simons and Garf's uncle when it come out. Congratulation to maria and enjoy you burritos!" Maria start jumping up and down and I look at Helen von bicuits and she is devistating. Even people who watching really don't know what happen. They know that helen probably was louder but Maria broke them windows. So if Helen don't break teh windows and maria do, maria must have been louder.
Helen walk down teh stage and she is very upset. She come to us and say that she try her best and we agree. Qwerts say that he was so impressed by what she do and say he now really attracted to her because she is so talent. We agree it best to go home but Helen want to go say thank you to teh owner before she leave. She have so much class that even though she lose she gonna say thank you. Her fanny is real impressive but her character is loudest of all.
So she look around for him and cant find him. She check everywhere and then finally she look through teh door into the kitchen. That is when she see something that change she life forever. She see teh a whole bunch of people dancing around and singing. She see teh owner, he family and Maria pringle is there too. They is throwing people around on chairs like it is jewished wedding. They is all singing and laughing. She hear teh owner say that he so proud of maria pringles and that Maria is a long lost cousin and they rig teh conest so Maria would get them free burritos. It turn out that there were two little boys that threw rocks at teh windows (he give them free taco) when Maria was makin her coughs and teh second, higher pitch noise when Maria was makin her cough was actually teh owner blowing into a special ring he was wearin that make whistles. He time everything just right and with the harmony and teh glass breaking everyone get tricked into believing that Maria was making it all happen but it was all mirage.
Helen is now so mad she burst through the door into the kitchen and everybody who was dancing an laughing stop and look at her. Teh owner say, "Oh, uh, helen, oh, i we sorry that you lose and uh, we..." but helen cut him off. She slowly raise her right and seperate her fingers. Now people are getting real serioused and starting to panic. "No, dont do it helen" maria scream. But helen don't listen. She turn around, put her fingers on teh ######. Me and qwerts have no gone to teh door to watch and helen look over at qwerts and he say to her (real soft) "I love you." and with those words she let out a cough that so loud you cant hear nothin, you could only see teh looks over terror on teh face of teh pringle family. Some bottles of hot sauce start esploding and Maria Pringle get blown against a wall. Some of them beans also esplode and they go into teh owners eyes and I can see him mouthing "i am blind! I blind." She finish and say "you can keep you burritos, from now on I only gonna eat chinesed."
she walk out of teh kitchen and back in the restarant and the people part for her like a red sea. They clappin and pattin her on her shoulders when she walkin by. The old man who went deaf say that teh second farts knock he hearing back and now it is even better than ever. The mayor is there too and he say "I declares today is helen biscuits day." Helen stop and say thank you to everyone and wave. They all wave back but with they fingers a little apart and curve as a sign of respect. Helen tap her heart and show how much that mean to her. She may not have won all them burritos but she won alotta friends and when it is all done and said, burritos go in you and come out but friends stay in you forever.
stu1ds
p and s when i was writin this i think i hear helen make a loud one ...lol hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
absolutely incredible. a master work.

stu1ds

That's fun. I remember back in the days when Deadspin was a force.

My notebook isn't great - can people remind me of the backstory on studs and duds? Looks like it's been a couple of years since he was here.

Users who are viewing this thread