What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Chargers are on the Clock... (1 Viewer)

I'm not going to go back to the days of leather helmets, but here are all the OL taken in the top 8 picks since 1990;C.McRae(TB)91
Man, was this guy ever a bust. :X :wall:
Yeah, I thought that was the closest to a bust too, but didn't he get drafted as a tackle, get moved to gaurd, and at least play solid for quite a few years at gaurd? Compared to sum of the busts on the QB and RB list, that's nowhere near as much a "bust" as some.

What can be had if the Chargers were to trade down? It looks like there's more in the way of stud O-Tackles in FA than there are stud QB's...
Why didn't CIN trade down last season?I don't think SD can afford either a stud free agent OT or a stud free agent QB next season, so the only way to get one is to draft one. I believe the Boston contract didn't hurt them much this year but it's going to hurt them much more next season. I also think they are still on the hook for my two favorite investments; S.Alexander(TE) and T.Dwight(IR... I mean WR/KR). I don't really follow college football for obvious reasons, does anyone know if there are any great DL prospects in the top of this draft? The young secondary that Marty has assembled is either going to make him or break him this coming season so I doubt he'll want to make too many adjustments there, the LB corp is average at least with D.Edwards in the mix, but DL has been a weak spot.

So was Ryan Leaf.If you put a rookie QB behind that offensive line, his career will go pretty much the same way Leaf's did, too.
I thought of this but it's a weak comparison. Leaf was a blatant head case. Manning is anything but. I'm not necessarily saying SD should or shouldn't take Manning offhand, but he's no Leaf.

Being an LT owner, I REALLY would like SD to draft a top OL. Trade down, if anyone is willing and wanting the #1 overall pick, and nab one of the top ones.Part of me thinks SD will still keep the #1 pick and draft a top QB. However, another part of me thinks they will not, and will go for a "quick fix" QB like maybe Brunnell, and try to trade down to get an OL or defensive guy. My thinking is because Schotty has been given a final chance. If they suck again next year, it's pretty obvious he's gone. So why draft a young QB that you have to groom, and will likely struggle his first year, when you can get a veteran QB and fill other holes as a "quick fix" ? Schotty needs to win NOW and improve a lot from this year and last. He doesn't have time to sit around and wait for players to develop...

Here's the draft day order:# TEAM-------------------W-L-----OPP W-L % 1. San Diego-------------4-12--------.504 2. Oakland---------------4-12--------.516 3. Arizona----------------4-12--------.543 4. New York Giants------4-12-------.555 5. Washington-----------5-11--------.531 6. Detroit----------------5-11--------.535 7. (t)Atlanta-------------5-11--------.539 8. (t)Cleveland----------5-11--------.539 9. Jacksonville---------- 5-11--------.543 10. Houston-------------5-11---------.570 11. Pittsburgh-----------6-10---------.500 12. New York Jets------6-10---------.527 13. Buffalo--------------6-10---------.570 14. Chicago-------------7-9----------.488 15. Tampa Bay---------7-9----------.508 16. San Francisco------ 7-9----------.512 17. Cincinnati-----------8-8----------.457 18. New Orleans--------8-8----------.500 19. Minnesota-----------9-7----------.457 20. Miami---------------10-6---------.512 21. (p)New England (from Baltimore) 10-6 .457 22. (p)Dallas------------10-6--------.461 23. (p)Seattle-----------10-6--------.465 24. (p)Green Bay-------10-6--------.488 25. (p)Denver-----------10-6--------.500 26. (p)Carolina----------11-5--------.445 27. (p)St. Louis----------12-4--------.434 28. (p)Tennessee--------12-4--------.473 29. (p)Indianapolis------12-4--------.492 30. (p)Kansas City-------13-3--------.418 31. (p)Philadelphia-------12-3--------.477 32. (p)New England------14-2-------.484 (p) final playoff position subject to playoff results (t) indicates tie subject to coin flip

San Diego needs two things...as much defensive talent as possible and a QB that can throw the ball deep. If their o-line sucks so bad why hasn't it hampered LT?
San Diego had the worst OL in the league this year.LT is a stud. (Also, the OL has some decent run-blockers on it. Just no pass-blockers.)

I am sure you can make a similar arguements for every postion, certaintly the skill positions. One thing NFL drafts are not lacking are busts.
Did I miss something? When did cheerleaders become part of the NFL draft?

You know, I completely understand and agree with the team with the easiest SOS getting the top pick... but it really sucks as a Texans fan. We were the 3rd worst team last year, and then get stuck with the toughest schedule in the league this year, which hurts us further in the SOS department and gives us the 10th pick instead of what could have been the 5th pick. Ah well, we're still better than the Chargers. ;) :P

Here's the draft day order:# TEAM-------------------W-L-----OPP W-L % 1. San Diego-------------4-12--------.504 2. Oakland---------------4-12--------.516 3. Arizona----------------4-12--------.543 4. New York Giants------4-12-------.555 5. Washington-----------5-11--------.531 6. Detroit----------------5-11--------.535 7. (t)Atlanta-------------5-11--------.539 8. (t)Cleveland----------5-11--------.539 9. Jacksonville---------- 5-11--------.543 10. Houston-------------5-11---------.570 11. Pittsburgh-----------6-10---------.500 12. New York Jets------6-10---------.527 13. Buffalo--------------6-10---------.570 14. Chicago-------------7-9----------.488 15. Tampa Bay---------7-9----------.508 16. San Francisco------ 7-9----------.512 17. Cincinnati-----------8-8----------.457 18. New Orleans--------8-8----------.500 19. Minnesota-----------9-7----------.457 20. Miami---------------10-6---------.512 21. (p)New England (from Baltimore) 10-6 .457 22. (p)Dallas------------10-6--------.461 23. (p)Seattle-----------10-6--------.465 24. (p)Green Bay-------10-6--------.488 25. (p)Denver-----------10-6--------.500 26. (p)Carolina----------11-5--------.445 27. (p)St. Louis----------12-4--------.434 28. (p)Tennessee--------12-4--------.473 29. (p)Indianapolis------12-4--------.492 30. (p)Kansas City-------13-3--------.418 31. (p)Philadelphia-------12-3--------.477 32. (p)New England------14-2-------.484 (p) final playoff position subject to playoff results (t) indicates tie subject to coin flip
Is it just a coincidence that the 3 teams with the weakest schedules all made the playoffs and 2 of the 3 earned a first round BYE?I would bet against Kansas City, St. Louis, or Carolina winning the Super Bowl.

Also NONE of the playoff teams played a schedule with combined W-L record above .500! Wow! This shows just how important strength of schedule really is for a team's chances of making the playoffs.

David Carr seemed ok behind an AWFUL line.
Unitl his awful offensive line got him killed. Not the best way to develop a franchise qb is it? Sometimes it works out, like it did for Aikman, but for the most part I wouldn't want to invest in a "franchise" qb until I had an at least average offensive line - anything less makes it difficult and unlikely that the youngster will be able to develop to his full potential.The bolts need to trade down and pick up help on the OL and the defensive front 7 - it's painfully obvious. LaDainian does well because he's LaDainian - he's that good that his offensive line doesn't matter that much. But I chalk up quite a bit of Brees's struggles this year to playing behind the worst offensive line in the NFL. It's tough to be successful when you have less than a second to make a play as a qb. I don't think anyone will ever confuse Brees with Dan Fouts, but he isn't the biggest problem on the team - that tells you all you need to know about what sorry shape my Bolts are in. They really can't afford not to trade down and get as much depth as they can. Otherwise we'll be back here next year talking about what a bust <insert Charger's rookie qb here> was.

Also NONE of the playoff teams played a schedule with combined W-L record above .500! Wow! This shows just how important strength of schedule really is for a team's chances of making the playoffs.
Don't read too much into that. The Patriots' opponents had a winning % of .484. In 256 games (16*16), that means they had a record of 124-132. But, if you take out the games actually played against the Patriots themselves, their records become 122-118. They have a winning % of .508. This effect is a good part of the reason why the teams with the worst records have the "toughest" schedules.

Did this list come from an official source? I'm still amazed that the finish to the Arizona-Minnesota game cost the Cardinals the #1 pick in the draft.

I truly believe the Chargers will trade down and take an OL or a WR. Marty is a run first coach and always will be, so I can't see him taking Manning or any other QB, when he can trade down a few picks and possible get an extra pick in the 2nd or 3rd round.

You know, I completely understand and agree with the team with the easiest SOS getting the top pick... but it really sucks as a Texans fan. We were the 3rd worst team last year, and then get stuck with the toughest schedule in the league this year, which hurts us further in the SOS department and gives us the 10th pick instead of what could have been the 5th pick. Ah well, we're still better than the Chargers. ;) :P
No kidding! Let's say you're scheduled to play KC & NE and get shellacked by 96-17. That counts AGAINST you! :rant: :rant: :rant: Hm-m-m-m...

I don't really follow college football for obvious reasons,
??????Like what?
It's a sport decided by polls and a one game tournament at the end. Sounds more like an exhibition season to me. And no, I'm not a fan of LSU, USC or any of the others......... I figured out college football is ridiculous long before that.

There is always concern about thrusting a rookie QB into action in the NFL, and I can see where that is a big risk. The Bolts may not have time, as many have mentioned, to groom a rookie QB over a period of years. And I totally agree, but this isn't always the case. In years past, it seemed to always take the QB a few years to even learn the offense and break into the starting lineup. But not as much these last several years. If you look at some of the numbers, there are some guys that produced right off the bat.

Peyton Manning:

1998 - 3739 pass yds... 26 TD.. 71.2 rating rookie year.

1999 - 4142... 26 TD.. 90.7 rating Pro bowl in second season

2000 - 4413... 33 TD.. 94.7 rating.. Pro Bowl

2001 - 4103... 26.. 83.6 Pro Bowl

2002 - 4200... 27.. 88.5 Pro Bowl

2003 - 4267... 29.. 99 Pro Bowl? probably

He didn't take years to groom. He came right in and produced. Pro bowl QB in his second season.

Dan Marino - 5084 with 48 TD... 108 rating in his second season. Didn't have a bad rookie year either.

Not that I'm comparing him to his brother or Dan Marino... just two examples.

John Elway took over in his second season and never looked back. Troy Aikman took over right away also and had a great career.

McNabb - 3365... 21 TD in his second season. hasn't looked back.

Culpepper - 3937... 33 TD in his second season.

McNair took over in his 3rd season and hasn't looked back. These guys all improve every season also. They weren't "groomed" as most QBs of the past. I think it's a different era for QBs in the NFL. If you have talent, it will show sooner than later, not like years of old where most teams had good QBs for the rookie to learn from. David Carr and Joey Harrington are doing fine in their programs and neither have QBs to learn from.

My point is, I think it would be a good move for SD to grab either Manning or the kid from Miami OH. Who knows, maybe they come in and turn that program around right away. Perhaps Brees isn't the answer, or maybe it will take him too long to master the offense. He is fairly small at 6'0 also.

Eli Manning is 6'5, 220, with a great arm. I know, So was Ryan Leaf. But Leaf was clearly a head case. Manning isn't. Eli has had the priviledge of learning from his brother and his dad, being in the shadows of Peyton for so many years. He also has been under a microscope for the same reason. He can handle the pressure, and has been learning to read defenses from one of the best there is.

With the way QBs are impacting teams early these days, I would definitely take a chance on this kid.

Now, trading down and picking up OL help would certainly help the team, and LT big time. But I would hate to be in SD next year watching a high priced offensive lineman struggle to make blocks, while Eli Manning is having a ROY season upstate in Oakland.

Getting help on the line is a big priority, but passing on a potential marquee name like that just might not be smart. But perhaps the SD ownership don't want to speed the ducks that comes with a top pick. Tough to be in a small market I guess.

I just hope they make the right decision. Go Bolts!

The problem I have with what you are pointing out two guys in the last 20 years, Manning and Marino, that were productive in their first year. Based on that data you are just as likely to get a first year phenom taking him later on the first day of the draft as you are with the first pick. There have been some that started playing well in year two.... true. But none of those guys that started playing well in year two or three had a coaching change. If they don't get instant production out of that pick I think there is going to be a coaching change so even if a stud qb was sitting on the bench learning the system........... it wouldn't matter because at the start of year two there would be a new coach with a completely different system for him to learn. His rookie year would have been a wash, so it would be difficult to expect production out of him until year 3/4 of his career. Is it really wise to pay a guy "#1 pick $" for three or four years to get one productive year out of him? That assumes you are lucky and he is one of the QB's that pan out at all. I'm not pretending I know all the answers. I didn't want them to take Leaf in '98 but instead wanted them to take Wadsorth and it turned out they were both over-hyped duds. It's a gamble either way. I guess I'd just avoid taking the bigger risk.

Last edited by a moderator:
People are questioning whether or not the Chargers would take Eli or not... I don't know how much "say" he has in the drafting process - but he is not listed as their GM! With that said - I would agree with the fact, that b/c he only has one year left on his deal - he wouldn't want to spend that #1 pick on a player that will probably need some grooming. However, he doesn't have that say-so.My vote goes to the Chargers taking Eli or trading down to take Gallery #3 or 4.

But none of those guys that started playing well in year two or three had a coaching change. If they don't get instant production out of that pick I think there is going to be a coaching change so even if a stud qb was sitting on the bench learning the system........... it wouldn't matter because at the start of year two there would be a new coach with a completely different system for him to learn. His rookie year would have been a wash, so it would be difficult to expect production out of him until year 3/4 of his career. Is it really wise to pay a guy "#1 pick $" for three or four years to get one productive year out of him? That assumes you are lucky and he is one of the QB's that pan out at all.
that's a good point. If they change coaches he will have to learn another new system more than likely. I never liked Shott's offensive mindset. It's true the bolts have issues.

I agree that the Chargers should trade down for more picks. But,what team would do it? It is clear that the QB's are projected to be the high picks this year, but like the Chargers, the teams that need QB's also have many holes to fill, and are probably comfortable grabbing a QB later knowing the deep talent this year. I think SD could be stuck with #1 and be forced to take a projected top QB or reach. The only team that I can see possible trading up is Dallas. But I don't see Jerry giving up too much to make a move. Maybe the Steelers?I see Manning going to the Raiders. Cards maybe will go QB, although they could use some D.What round does a QB like Matt Schaub (Virgina) go? QB talent seems really deep this year.

"We aren't going to take a quarterback, at least not high (in the draft)," Chargers President Dean Spanos insists.

"We have to sit down and talk about every position," head coach Marty Schottenheimer says. "Certainly, quarterback is one to focus on, but I wouldn't say that's our primary objective."

link

"We aren't going to take a quarterback, at least not high (in the draft)," Chargers President Dean Spanos insists."We have to sit down and talk about every position," head coach Marty Schottenheimer says. "Certainly, quarterback is one to focus on, but I wouldn't say that's our primary objective."link
You can bet your ### those comments were not said for the fans benefit :thumbup: LT2 wants him some Gallery ... cmon zona, trade up!

What kind of pick would the Chargers get for moving down from #1 to #3 or #4?A third rounder? If so, and Couch is legitimately available for a 3rd, isn't this a no-brainer?Trade down, draft Gallery (who the Chargers will probably take at #1 anyway), and deal the 3rd rounder from AZ to Cleveland for Couch.Essentially, the Chargers are getting Couch + Gallery with their pick. They'll retain their own 2nd and 3rd rounders, which they can use on a WR or DT who falls.What am I missing?

Is Eli really that good or is it just a case of big brother giving little brother props. I watched Payton in college, both in person against UCLA and on TV throughout the years, and he looked like an NFL QB. Basically, he had the size, which I think is a huge factor. Eli on the other hand doesnt seem to have the same size. Now I must admit, I havent watched much of Eli since Ol' Miss isnt televised much on the West Coast, but when I have had the oppritunity, Im constantly reminded of one player. If I were the GM of the Chargers, Id ask one question and make sure I get my answer before considering Manning. Is Eli the next MANNING or the next BREES?!?I may be way off base, but every time I see Eli, I cant help but compare him to Brees. I never liked Brees in college and I thought SD make a huge mistake by drafting him. I just hope they dont do it again. I am a huge Payton fan, and in all honesty, I want Eli to be good....but for some reason I am very skeptical.

If I remember correctly Chargers got a 2nd rounder( i think this turned into R. Caldwell) and T.Dwight to trade down from #1 so Atlanta could grab Vick. I almost see the same problem we had in 2001 when it was tough to get teams to trade up. The only teams I see trading up are ARZ and OAK, and thats only if they feel that one of the QBs will be much better than the other. However Arizona has never been a team that wants to spend a lot of rookie draft picks, so I question whether they will trade up. If thats the case, and the Raiders feel that the Chargers wont draft a QB(and the recent story suggests they wont)and no one else will trade up then they will probably stay put at #2. I know I want the Chargers to trade down to grab Gallery(no way is Gallery a #1 overall pick in this draft) but I'm starting to think that its going to be tough to get a trade down.

What kind of pick would the Chargers get for moving down from #1 to #3 or #4?A third rounder? If so, and Couch is legitimately available for a 3rd, isn't this a no-brainer?Trade down, draft Gallery (who the Chargers will probably take at #1 anyway), and deal the 3rd rounder from AZ to Cleveland for Couch.Essentially, the Chargers are getting Couch + Gallery with their pick. They'll retain their own 2nd and 3rd rounders, which they can use on a WR or DT who falls.What am I missing?
Couch sucks

Is Eli really that good or is it just a case of big brother giving little brother props. I watched Payton in college, both in person against UCLA and on TV throughout the years, and he looked like an NFL QB. Basically, he had the size, which I think is a huge factor. Eli on the other hand doesnt seem to have the same size. Now I must admit, I havent watched much of Eli since Ol' Miss isnt televised much on the West Coast, but when I have had the oppritunity, Im constantly reminded of one player. If I were the GM of the Chargers, Id ask one question and make sure I get my answer before considering Manning. Is Eli the next MANNING or the next BREES?!?I may be way off base, but every time I see Eli, I cant help but compare him to Brees. I never liked Brees in college and I thought SD make a huge mistake by drafting him. I just hope they dont do it again. I am a huge Payton fan, and in all honesty, I want Eli to be good....but for some reason I am very skeptical.
Brees is a good QB who is too short to play in the NFL, that's all there is to it. Mannign is NOT short by any means

Brees is a good QB who is too short to play in the NFL, that's all there is to it. Mannign is NOT short by any means
I totally agree that Brees is a good QB, but is too small for NFL. I just feel like Eli is too small as well. HOWEVER, I just looked up all of their heights and they have Eli listed at 6-5....the same height as Payton. So I guess my previous post is mute. Eli does have the size and we already now he has the arm.

If I remember correctly Chargers got a 2nd rounder( i think this turned into R. Caldwell) and T.Dwight to trade down from #1 so Atlanta could grab Vick. I almost see the same problem we had in 2001 when it was tough to get teams to trade up. The only teams I see trading up are ARZ and OAK, and thats only if they feel that one of the QBs will be much better than the other. However Arizona has never been a team that wants to spend a lot of rookie draft picks, so I question whether they will trade up. If thats the case, and the Raiders feel that the Chargers wont draft a QB(and the recent story suggests they wont)and no one else will trade up then they will probably stay put at #2. I know I want the Chargers to trade down to grab Gallery(no way is Gallery a #1 overall pick in this draft) but I'm starting to think that its going to be tough to get a trade down.
I agree with you. For them to trade down, someone has to want to move into #1.These are the teams that MAY be interested in obtaining one of those two QB's...

2. Oakland

3. Arizona

4. New York Giants

8. Cleveland

11. Pittsburgh

Pittsburgh has too far to go to consider. The Giants and Cleveland have real problems on the o-line. SD couldn't go down very far without losing the lineman they want. The wild cards are Oakland and the Giants if one of them decides they want a particular QB then SD has a shot at a trade, with any of the 3 picks behind them. But I don't see that happening and I think it's likely they'll keep the first pick. The draft's a long way off though and alot can happen before then.

Couch sucks
Exactly. As I said before, the Chargers would be better served by getting Roethlisberger witn the first pick, and a solid athletic offensive tackle with upside like Miami's Carlos Joseph in the 2nd. They could even pursue free agent tackles, like Kansas City's John Tait.

I agree with you. For them to trade down, someone has to want to move into #1.

These are the teams that MAY be interested in obtaining one of those two QB's...

2. Oakland

3. Arizona

4. New York Giants

8. Cleveland

11. Pittsburgh

Pittsburgh has too far to go to consider. The Giants and Cleveland have real problems on the o-line. SD couldn't go down very far without losing the lineman they want. The wild cards are Oakland and the Giants if one of them decides they want a particular QB then SD has a shot at a trade, with any of the 3 picks behind them. But I don't see that happening and I think it's likely they'll keep the first pick. The draft's a long way off though and alot can happen before then.
I agree. I disregarded the Giants as I don't think that they will go QB when they have so many other problems. Collins is a decent option at QB, I could see them grabbing one of the stud DT,OT with their pick.I question whether Cleveland will go with a trade up, especially after they took Couch a few years ago. For what its worth I think Couch and Eli could be very similar players. If you remember Couch was a can't miss pick at QB after a great college career. He's had limited talent around him and hasn't done well.

I agree with Pittsburgh's need for a QB but they would have to give up a lot. To trade up 10 spots. Probably the minimum would be their 2005 first rounder. I just don't see them trading up that high, nor the Chargers wanting to drop out of the top 10. As I dont see Gallery falling that far down.

The consensus seems to be a trade down for the Chargers but when you start to look at the options its not going to be easy to do that.

Is Ben a "sure" thing?I don't think the Chargers take another risk with a top rated QB. They busted with Leaf, passed on Vick, and hopefully move down to get Gallery, a far safer pick than Ben.And I'm not sold on the idea that Couch "sucks". New environment could change that quickly.

is it 100% positive that they don't grab Fitz at #1, that guy jst catches EVERYTHING. Then they have a welcomed problem with 2 quality WR's, they have Fonitu coming back fomr injury, as well as Parker at OT. They grab a OL in the 2nd, or maybe someone like Phillip Rivers to give Brees some heat in training camp, and go from there.I just think that grabbing WR wouldn't be THAT bad of a scenario. Even if they swap and grab Eli/Ben in round 1, they can grab a Woods in the 2nd. It seems as though trading down is too much of a hassle, they at least have some decent problems to be in.

is it 100% positive that they don't grab Fitz at #1, that guy jst catches EVERYTHING.
No, that's a possibility.
Then they have a welcomed problem with 2 quality WR's, they have Fonitu coming back fomr injury, as well as Parker at OT.
I think Parker's done.It's okay to expect Fonoti to start at OG and Ball to start at C. That leaves three OL spots that need to be filled in. Maybe McIntosh can move inside to the other OG position. But the Chargers are in need of two starting OTs.

MT, what's the Chargers cap space like, I know they bought Boston last year, but can they go out and get some help at OLB, or are they thinking about them as well. Moreno looked like he was playing in quicksand this year. They need some freaking speed on the front 7, and a DT that actually does something.man, as I think about all the needs for my fav team no freaking wonder they have the #1 pick. You just get rose colored glasses on when you have someone like LT2, you always think you have a chance to win, but the Chargers have so many GLARING holes, it's a mess.

Vaughn Parker is definitely done. Also, Toniu Fonoti's work ethic has been publicly questioned by the coaching staff. And they're also going to lose Solomon Paige as well.

MT, what's the Chargers cap space like, I know they bought Boston last year, but can they go out and get some help at OLB, or are they thinking about them as well.
They should realize some cap savings (I think about $6 million) by cutting/restructuring Marcellus Wiley, cutting Raylee Johnson, cutting Vaughn Parker, cutting Stephen Alexander, restructuring Doug Flutie, and cutting/restructuring Tim Dwight.

Agreed, Brees and Manning are very different guys coming out of college. In fact, the top five QB prospects this year all have prototypical NFL size (at least 6'3" and 220); with the concerns lying more with arm strength and pocket mobility. Manning and certainly Roethslisberger are reportedly more mobile in the pocket than Rivers, Losman and Schaub, who are battling it out for the QB3 slot.Cheers

Some news from players meetings with Marty.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/teams/report/SD/6964349

P Darren Bennett, K Steve Christie and DE Raylee Johnson said they had all played their last game with the Chargers after emerging from their meetings with Marty Schottenheimer.

QB Doug Flutie said he has been told the club wants him back next year. Flutie will turn 42 during next season.

BTW, I don't think there's anyway Gallery drops below the Giants at the 4 spot. If Gallery is really a stud capable of protecting Collins's backside, a lot of the Giants problems will be solved (ie collins won't get jittery in the pocket and won't fumble as much). I don't think there is anyway they trade up.

Also this NY Post article says they will be looking for a tackle and and impact defensive player in free agency/draft. Whatever one they don't sign in free agency will be drafted.

BTW, I don't think there's anyway Gallery drops below the Giants at the 4 spot. If Gallery is really a stud capable of protecting Collins's backside, a lot of the Giants problems will be solved (ie collins won't get jittery in the pocket and won't fumble as much). I don't think there is anyway they trade up.
I've said as much in several earlier threads. No way does Gallery get past the Giants. And if he isn't there, they'll take Shawn Andrews, the stud tackle from Arkansas who clears the way for Cedric Cobbs.

i think they should pick up a qb already active and proven in the nfl like, brunell or even go for warner, then they should draft defense!

Users who are viewing this thread