What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*OFFICIAL* UnionHome Mortgage Gasparilla Bowl (1 Viewer)

Raider Nation

Devil's Advocate
The St. Petersburg Bowl always has been something of a curiosity, given that it’s played in an unloved tomb of a baseball stadium and has taken on a parade of obscure naming sponsors over its short existence. magicJack, Beef ‘O’ Brady’s and, for one year only, bitcoin have all come and gone, attaching their names to a game that has featured the finest in college football mediocrity.

Friday’s news from the somehow-still-unemployed Brett McMurphy — a former ESPN college football insider who was laid off this spring — will only add to the game’s oddball quotient: According to his sources, the game will be known as the Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reminds me of the old' New Orleans Bowl Sig Bet Tradition here.

We should do one of those here.

'Raider Nation said:
'Premier said:
Reminds me of the old' New Orleans Bowl Sig Bet Tradition here. We should do one of those here.
Without cheating, can you name anyone on either team?
FIU has that really good wideout/punt returner. Y.A. Somethingorother.

'Raider Nation said:
'Premier said:
Reminds me of the old' New Orleans Bowl Sig Bet Tradition here. We should do one of those here.
I know exactly who you're talking about, because they had one national TV game this year and I bet on them.But I can't name him either.

'Raider Nation said:
'Premier said:
I know exactly who you're talking about, because they had one national TV game this year and I bet on them.But I can't name him either.
The sad thing is, the local morning radio honk has the FIU coach on weekly (he interviews each state 1A college coach weekly, he does a good job with CFB) and the coach has mentioned that player by name every week...and I still can't name him. In other news, I'm getting old.

I'm going with FIU here. They are going to get a high 20 number in my confidance pool.

And it's TY Hilton. He is the real deal.

And for the record, isn' Golden Panther the team nickname that sounds the most like a sexual euphemism?

"Dude, I was messing around with Linda and she totally asked for a Golden Panther!"

And for the record, isn't Golden Panther the team nickname that sounds the most like a sexual euphemism?"Dude, I was messing around with Linda and she totally asked for a Golden Panther!"
"Then she reached around and gave me a horned frog!"
"I said hey ##### I don't like the horned frog, but if you want to give me a thundering herd I would enjoy that."

And for the record, isn't Golden Panther the team nickname that sounds the most like a sexual euphemism?"Dude, I was messing around with Linda and she totally asked for a Golden Panther!"
"I said hey ##### I don't like the horned frog, but if you want to give me a thundering herd I would enjoy that."
She said she would rather have the GAME C O C K !!!!! :yes:

Dear Penthouse,

...then the Cougar asked me if I wanted to give her a Thundering Herd, full necktie version, with a side of Chanticleer (UNCCC) sauce. I told her that Arkansas State had recently changed their names from Indians to Red Wolves, something she neither knew or cared about since she proclaimed the nonexistence of an actual Red Wolf. She wanted to see my Red Devil (Dickinson) and unbeknownst to her I had recovered nicely and presented a Golden Griffin (Canisius) rising like a Phoenix (UW GB) closely to her Leatherneck (WIU). Just then Lord Jeffs (Amherst) crashed through the door like a crazy Marauder (Central State) claiming I was not the only Hilltopper (WKU) that had climbed that Mountain Cat (Pitt-Johnstown).

I scrambled to find my Moccasins (UT Chatt) but the Fighting Okra (Delta State) I had eaten earlier, had me Prairie Dogging (Sante Fe). Unfortunately the Wonder Boys (Arkansas Tech) were in the Maurader's wake, and the aroma of Sailfish (Palm Beach Atlantic) emanating from the Cougar had overwhelmed the room. But I had a Purple Ace (Evansville) up my sleeve, this wasn't the first time I was caught with my Privateers (NOLA) in my hand. I thought back to when I was a Loper (Nebraska Kearney) dating Lady Jacks (SF Austin women), so I threw my loaded Jimmies (Jamestown) and ran like a Jackrabbit (SDSU) never to see that little Hill Cat (Rogers State) again.

In the end she was a Terrible Swede (Bethany College) and her sisters often looked like Trolls (Trinity Christian), which surely would have caught up to her later. It was a Golden Flash (Kent), one that will give me Demons (Northwestern State) for years. I learned I had to control my Crimson Storm (Southern Nazarene)and to avoid Cougars with connections to butt Buccaneers (East Tenn State).

:bowtie:

She said she would rather have the GAME C O C K !!!!! :yes:
She's always wanting Morehead! :yawn:

I don't envision being able to get to sleep tonight.

I'll put on my Florida International pajamas with the built-in feet and just hope to doze off for a few hours.

Will there be more butts in the seats than a Rays game when they are not playing the Yankmees or the Sux?

Whopping 7 tickets available n stubhbhttp://www.stubhub.com/beef-obradys-bowl-tickets/beef-o-bradys-bowl-12-20-2011-1135703/At least section 126 has sold tickets up to row P.Can't believe they actually sold tickets to nosebleed 312. Those folks will be moving down fo sho.
I think FIU is actually bringing a decent amount of people. Only their second bowl ever, and their first was out of reach (Detroit).

Just booked Marshall +4.5 for reasons I can't quite comprehend other than my CFO is pretty turrible at betting (worse than me) and I just take his action whenever he wants. :thumbup:

FIU is actually Miami's largest university. We get all of UM & UF's cast-offs, but those are damn good cast-offs. Hilton put up sick numbers despite playing with a dinged knee. Check the highlights of what he did at Louisville. Obviously, the big storyline is Cristobal's possible move to Pitt. I have no clue about Marshall, but FIU's defense will be swarming to the ball. Should be an entertaining game (for a Tuesday night).

Mock all you want, but the sponsorship is working. I had never heard of Beef O'Brady's before.My favorite part of the website, from the About Us section:

In 1985, Jim Mellody dreamed up the idea of a neighborhood pub where friends and families could gather to enjoy good food and sports in a fun, comfortable atmosphere.
Whoa. Mind = blown. A pub where people could gather to eat and watch sports? Who is this creative mastermind?

Mock all you want, but the sponsorship is working. I had never heard of Beef O'Brady's before.My favorite part of the website, from the About Us section:

In 1985, Jim Mellody dreamed up the idea of a neighborhood pub where friends and families could gather to enjoy good food and sports in a fun, comfortable atmosphere.
Whoa. Mind = blown. A pub where people could gather to eat and watch sports? Who is this creative mastermind?
I went a few weeks ago, in Arkansas. Granted we turned up a little late - 9:00ish and it was dead - but the food and service were both horrible.It was an Applebee's with more TVs

Thanks for starting this thread. The game is today, and it's a few minutes away. I'd not have known if it weren't for this forum. :thumbup:

I went a few weeks ago, in Arkansas. Granted we turned up a little late - 9:00ish and it was dead - but the food and service were both horrible.It was an Applebee's with more TVs
We have a few B.O'B.s around here. There are much better options.

I actually went to this stupid game two years ago. Bet none of you other nancies can say that. AND it was a prelude to future exciting Big East play, when the unstoppable force of UCF met the immovable object of the Rutgers Scarlett Knights. Memories, that night.

Probably the dumbest name I can recall for a chain restaurant. Just sounds so hokey.
Before I Googled it and learned of the magic and wonder of this genius and his wildly creative new idea for a place where people could gather to eat, drink and watch sports, I had assumed it was a canned or frozen meal of some kind. Like a Chef Boyardee version of corned beef and cabbage or Irish stew or something.

Probably the dumbest name I can recall for a chain restaurant. Just sounds so hokey.
Before I Googled it and learned of the magic and wonder of this genius and his wildly creative new idea for a place where people could gather to eat, drink and watch sports, I had assumed it was a canned or frozen meal of some kind. Like a Chef Boyardee version of corned beef and cabbage or Irish stew or something.
That's what I thought it was. Then I watched the game a couple years ago and thought "man, I sure wish we had places like this that showed sports and served food to people". Really jealous.

Users who are viewing this thread