Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kupcho1

Best albums of 2012

872 posts in this topic

I cannot seem to find a comprehensive list of music releases for 2012 this year. Sure, there's a smattering ...

10 Most Anticipated Albums Of 2012

My Most Anticipated Albums of 2012

And I'll include this one for the comedy.

but nothing like the monster lists that have come out in past years.

I see Mumford & Sons, The Knife, Muse, and Silversun Pickups. But what the hell is going on? Did mp3 folders kill the biz?

(And no, I'm not really feeling the love for Linkin Park, Green Day and No Doubt :P)

Your linky seems to only include alternative/rock groups.

Ke$ha: TBA

Shakira - TBA

Madonna: TBA

Mariah Carey: TBA

Janet Jackson: TBA

Brandy: TBA

Ashlee Simpson: TBA

No Doubt: TBA

JoJo: Jumping Trains

Christina Aguilera - TBA

Justin Timberlake - TBA

Hilary Duff - TBA

Paris Hilton - TBA

Dr. Dre: Detox - TBA

Alicia Keys- TBA

Avril Lavigne- TBA

Christina Milian - TBA

Cassie - TBA

Eminem - TBA

Nicki Minaj - TBA

P!nk - TBA

Miley Cyrus - TBA

Kelly Rowland - TBA

Maroon 5 - TBA

Lil Kim - TBA

Shania Twain - TBA

Selena Gomez and the scene - TBA

Paramore - TBA

Nelly Furtado - Lifestyle

Adam Lambert - TBA

Jesse McCartney - TBA

Cheryl Cole - TBA

Usher - TBA

Trey Songz - TBA

Carrie Underwood - TBA

Off the top of my head...

Dr Dog

Andrew Bird

Of Montreal

Band of Skulls

Alabama Shakes

Craig Finn

Dr Dog

Andrew Bird

Of Montreal

Band of Skulls

Alabama Shakes

Craig Finn

After checking Metacritic's upcoming list add...

Plants and Animals

Dirty Projectors

Phoenix

Sleigh Bells

Smith Westerns

The Beach Boys :unsure:

The Shins

The Wrens

The xx

Ke$ha: TBAShakira - TBAMadonna: TBAMariah Carey: TBAJanet Jackson: TBABrandy: TBAAshlee Simpson: TBANo Doubt: TBAJoJo: Jumping TrainsChristina Aguilera - TBAJustin Timberlake - TBAHilary Duff - TBAParis Hilton - TBADr. Dre: Detox - TBAAlicia Keys- TBAAvril Lavigne- TBAChristina Milian - TBACassie - TBAEminem - TBANicki Minaj - TBAP!nk - TBAMiley Cyrus - TBAKelly Rowland - TBAMaroon 5 - TBALil Kim - TBAShania Twain - TBASelena Gomez and the scene - TBAParamore - TBANelly Furtado - LifestyleAdam Lambert - TBAJesse McCartney - TBACheryl Cole - TBAUsher - TBATrey Songz - TBACarrie Underwood - TBA

/threadjust kidding

PhoenixSleigh Bells

Very, very :excited: for these, in particular

GBV

Expert, not beginner.

And just in case you missed me posting this for you a couple days ago...one more time:

Right behind that for me in terms of anticipation is the Spiritualized record.

Lol at the Wrens. I'll believe it when I hold the mp3 folder in my cold, dead hands.

Ke$ha: TBAShakira - TBAMadonna: TBAMariah Carey: TBAJanet Jackson: TBABrandy: TBAAshlee Simpson: TBANo Doubt: TBAJoJo: Jumping TrainsChristina Aguilera - TBAJustin Timberlake - TBAHilary Duff - TBAParis Hilton - TBADr. Dre: Detox - TBAAlicia Keys- TBAAvril Lavigne- TBAChristina Milian - TBACassie - TBAEminem - TBANicki Minaj - TBAP!nk - TBAMiley Cyrus - TBAKelly Rowland - TBAMaroon 5 - TBALil Kim - TBAShania Twain - TBASelena Gomez and the scene - TBAParamore - TBANelly Furtado - LifestyleAdam Lambert - TBAJesse McCartney - TBACheryl Cole - TBAUsher - TBATrey Songz - TBACarrie Underwood - TBA

what a steaming pile of ####

CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!one

Dr Dog, Delta Spirit, Alabama Shakes, and Mumford&Sons is all Im aware of that Im really looking forward to.

:lmao:

Dr Dog

Andrew Bird

Of Montreal

Band of Skulls

Alabama Shakes

Craig Finn

Plants and Animals

Dirty Projectors

Phoenix

Sleigh Bells

Smith Westerns

The Shins

The Wrens

The xx

really looking forward to these two

There are some good ones there...Eminem, Dr. Dre, etc.Oh, nevermind, I forgot that most of the FFA is old and white. I'll let you get back to your Arcade Fire type bands. :mellow:

There are some good ones there...Eminem, Dr. Dre, etc.Oh, nevermind, I forgot that most of the FFA is old and white. I'll let you get back to your Arcade Fire type bands. :mellow:
:snicker:

GBV

Expert, not beginner.

And just in case you missed me posting this for you a couple days ago...one more time:

Right behind that for me in terms of anticipation is the Spiritualized record.

So awesome. Cannot wait.

Lol at the Wrens. I'll believe it when I hold the mp3 folder in my cold, dead hands.

:goodposting:

Springsteen! New U2 as well?

Don't expect an album ready by 2012, but excited that DMB is going back in studio with Lillywhite early 2012.

Arcade Fire's fan base is old and white? I think Eminem and Dr. Dre's fan base is easily older and whiter than Arcade Fire's.

I saw GbV sitting next to the Beatles on the iTunes homepage last night. That ruled the universe.Early impressions...Laundry and Lasers, while all it's own, actually sounds like a marriage of Man Called Aerodynamics and Hardcore UFOs. Freaking awesome opener. The Head is where I had my ah-ha moment, that yes, they are really doing this. Doughnut for Snowman is pop perfection. Spiderfighter...Toby's ending is a weeper. Hang Mr. Kite is obviously Lennon-esque. What more needs to be said about "we are living proof that God loves us." Unsinkable Fats Domino...probably the closest thing to a single. I imagine this is what will be played on Letterman, although I'd push for We Won't Apologize For the Human Race. Who Invented the Sun...Toby is killing it on this record. The Big Hat and Toy Show...could be a Circus Devils track and my only complaint on the record is Bob's vocal on this comes off a just a touch limp. He's definitely in the right neighborhood, but maybe one more swing at it would have helped. But that defeats their purprose so F ME and my judgment. Imperial Racehorsing...how freaking great is that intro? Horns? Seriously? "We're building secrets oh no she's coming at me like she did oh no..." ROCK. IR is the morning line favorite for song of the record. How I Met My Mother...nice bridge song building to the majesty of WAVES. Did I mention that Toby is killing it on this record? This would fit perfectly on Vampire on Titus. No idea what he's singing but I like. Taking a time out. This is much better than I was expecting.

Dr Dog

Andrew Bird

Of Montreal

Band of Skulls

Alabama Shakes

Craig Finn

Plants and Animals

Dirty Projectors

Phoenix

Sleigh Bells

Smith Westerns

The Shins

The Wrens

The xx

really looking forward to these two

Ke$ha: TBA

Shakira - TBA

Madonna: TBA

Mariah Carey: TBA

Janet Jackson: TBA

Brandy: TBA

No Doubt: TBA

JoJo: Jumping Trains

Christina Aguilera - TBA

Justin Timberlake - TBA

Hilary Duff - TBA

Paris Hilton - TBA

Dr. Dre: Detox - TBA

Alicia Keys- TBA

Avril Lavigne- TBA

Christina Milian - TBA

Cassie - TBA

Eminem - TBA

Nicki Minaj - TBA

P!nk - TBA

Miley Cyrus - TBA

Kelly Rowland - TBA

Maroon 5 - TBA

Lil Kim - TBA

Shania Twain - TBA

Selena Gomez and the scene - TBA

Paramore - TBA

Nelly Furtado - Lifestyle

Adam Lambert - TBA

Jesse McCartney - TBA

Cheryl Cole - TBA

Usher - TBA

Trey Songz - TBA

Carrie Underwood - TBA

There are some good ones there...Eminem, Dr. Dre, etc.

Oh, nevermind, I forgot that most of the FFA is old and white. I'll let you get back to your Arcade Fire type bands. :mellow:

Most of what I have seen (see above), would be considered "hipster" music...just an observation though

Arcade Fire's fan base is old and white? I think Eminem and Dr. Dre's fan base is easily older and whiter than Arcade Fire's.
Dr. Dre's fanbase was young when he started recording "Detox" but will be in nursing homes by the time it gets released.

This record is absolutely ####### amazing. For anybody new to GbV, I'm not sure that it's a good place to start, but for those of us who are well-versed, it is a major blast of fresh air. And the kicker? Word has it the next one, which is already done, is even better. The year hasn't even started and nobody else stands a chance in my best of 2012.

For anybody new to GbV, I'm not sure that it's a good place to start
:hey: recommendation?
Without knowing you and your taste, my suggestion for first proper release for newbies would be Alien Lanes. You need to have some patience with them. They make grower music and it's a bit disorienting at first as you're figuring out where they're coming from. But trust me, by the fourth or fifth listen they will have their teeth into you in a big, big way. Pay close attention to the words. Robert Pollard might be the best lyricist since Dylan's prime. And it's music made to drink beer to, fwiw.

Dr. Dre's fanbase was young when he started recording "Detox" but will be in nursing homes by the time it gets released.
Younger people (30 and younger) are definitely fans of Dre and lots of other hip hop/R&B music.

This record is absolutely ####### amazing. For anybody new to GbV, I'm not sure that it's a good place to start, but for those of us who are well-versed, it is a major blast of fresh air. And the kicker? Word has it the next one, which is already done, is even better. The year hasn't even started and nobody else stands a chance in my best of 2012.
So you are saying you like it?

So you are saying you like it?

That's a fair assessment, yes. Life-affirming stuff.

Looking forward to Mazzy Star and Garbage.

Mazzy Star is all the same, but as usual, I will buy the new album on the chance I run into Hope Sandoval and she asks me to play track #3 while we make slow, dreamy love. So hot.

Looking forward to Mazzy Star and Garbage.

Mazzy Star is all the same, but as usual, I will buy the new album on the chance I run into Hope Sandoval and she asks me to play track #3 while we make slow, dreamy love. So hot.
I used to :wub: Hope Sandoval. So shy and hot.

Gilmour Bono Vedder????? Is this album the new supergroup or something?