What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

London Fletcher (1 Viewer)

RushHour

Footballguy
How on earth does he rack up all these tackles? Is there some score keeping bias towards him? It's incredible...

(yes, this is a vent)

He just won me two Championships this year. I love owning him every year. The most under appreciative player in the NFL. Good news....the coaches are pushing ownership to resign him.

'RushHour said:
How on earth does he rack up all these tackles? Is there some score keeping bias towards him? It's incredible...(yes, this is a vent)
Their hometown stat keeper definitely inflates totals to a ridiculous degree. 48 assists in 8 home games this season would normally be a total that puts someone in the top 5 for assists for a whole season. A guy like James Laurinatis has 13 total assists in 23 career home games. The Redskins and Colts are notorious for very liberal assists (see Angerer, Pat or Bethea, Antoine).Fletcher must be the most active Linebacker in NFL history by a large margin.

Yeah, no way he puts up legitimate tackle numbers that large. Something doesn't fit here.
Just look at today's Vikings/Redskins game:Vikings- 40 assists Redskins- 34 assists Chad Greenway had 4-12 for 16 tackles while 6 total Viking players had at least 3 assist tackles. Fletcher had 7-10 for 17 tackles while 3 Redskins had at least 5 assist tackles. Some how there was just 50 tackle opportunities for each team but these gaudy numbers. Greenway's 12 assists is just one less than Laurinatis has in his 23 career home games. Think about that one.....The flip side of that is a game like Week 3 Ravens @ Rams:http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=310925014The Ravens had 42 tackle opportunities and the Rams had 53. Both teams combined for a grand total of ZERO assisted tackles. My point is Fletcher has had a nice season but he has played 8 games at home as well as 2 games at Buffalo and Seattle (2 of the most assist friendly stadiums) and is averaging 6.2 assists in those 10 games. He only has 8 total assists in his other 5 road games. Most of the top MLB are only averaging between 1-2 assists per game in home games and will end up with 7-1, 8-1 type games....Imagine all of there home games turning into 7-6, 8-6 type games where everyone is "wowed" by that 14 tackle performance.

One more thing:

Assist tackles have been recored since 1994. Here is the record for most assists in a season (71 by Chris Spielman in 1994).

Fletcher has 70 assists with 1 more game to go. No coincidence that 3 Colts are already in the top 18 individual seasons of all time (Angerer, Bethea, Connor).

http://pfref.com/tiny/JDVTA

Last edited by a moderator:
Lost in all of this is the fact that Fletcher has a chance for 100 solos (he has 93). That's not too shabby for a 37 year old LB. The guy just has a nose for the ball. Fletcher is among the most underrated players to ever play.

How on earth does he rack up all these tackles? Is there some score keeping bias towards him? It's incredible...(yes, this is a vent)
:thumbup: This guy has been on both of my fantasy teams the last 7 years and has anchored a few championship defenses. A few years ago, I tried to trade him for Derrick Williams (KC Chiefs LB) when D. Williams was a rookie. The guy thought I was crazy because Fletcher was "washed up and old". Who's laughing now? :popcorn: Guy found the fountain of youth.

Yeah, no way he puts up legitimate tackle numbers that large. Something doesn't fit here.
Just look at today's Vikings/Redskins game:Vikings- 40 assists Redskins- 34 assists Chad Greenway had 4-12 for 16 tackles while 6 total Viking players had at least 3 assist tackles. Fletcher had 7-10 for 17 tackles while 3 Redskins had at least 5 assist tackles. Some how there was just 50 tackle opportunities for each team but these gaudy numbers. Greenway's 12 assists is just one less than Laurinatis has in his 23 career home games. Think about that one.....The flip side of that is a game like Week 3 Ravens @ Rams:http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=310925014The Ravens had 42 tackle opportunities and the Rams had 53. Both teams combined for a grand total of ZERO assisted tackles. My point is Fletcher has had a nice season but he has played 8 games at home as well as 2 games at Buffalo and Seattle (2 of the most assist friendly stadiums) and is averaging 6.2 assists in those 10 games. He only has 8 total assists in his other 5 road games. Most of the top MLB are only averaging between 1-2 assists per game in home games and will end up with 7-1, 8-1 type games....Imagine all of there home games turning into 7-6, 8-6 type games where everyone is "wowed" by that 14 tackle performance.
Easy solution. Stop whining and go pick up some defensive 'Skins.

I refuse to use Assists in my two leagues. It's a bogus stat.It should be noted that Greenway and Fletcher are still highly regarded LBs without the junky Assists.

What's the outlook if Fletcher doesn't resign ?Big bump for Riley ?
Fletcher will be 37 (i think). Tough to have him ranked ahead of mid-20-year old horses. I'd be psyched to get him as a LB2, but depending on how the draft shakes out, settling for him as LB1 isn't such a bad thing.

In dynasty I guess I'm just going to ride him into the sunset, I tried to trade him last offseason, but luckily Ididn't get any bites and rode him to the championship.

Are you guys selliing high (well as high as you can for a 37 year old) or riding him until the wheels fall off?

In dynasty I guess I'm just going to ride him into the sunset,
I think this is really the only thing you can do at this point. You might be able to deal him near the deadline next year, if he's still producing at a high level, if you find a team who's looking for that push into the playoffs, etc. I wouldn't expect a fabulous return, due to age, but you should be able to get something useful.Fletcher's situation is very similar to Ray Lewis' to me: Even as old as they are, if they're able to play, both are A)Still pretty damn good, and B)have some veeeeery friendly official scorers in their home parks(I swear Ray Ray gets assists just for looking in the direction of another defender when the Ravens are at home).

I targeted Fletcher/Lewis last season for a championship push in one of my IDP dynasties and wound up landing Lewis in a deal. It worked out, since I also landed the cash, but even if it hadn't I figured I'd be riding him until he falls to pieces. I'd feel the same way about Fletcher had I been able to get him instead.

In dynasty I guess I'm just going to ride him into the sunset,
I think this is really the only thing you can do at this point. You might be able to deal him near the deadline next year, if he's still producing at a high level, if you find a team who's looking for that push into the playoffs, etc. I wouldn't expect a fabulous return, due to age, but you should be able to get something useful.Fletcher's situation is very similar to Ray Lewis' to me: Even as old as they are, if they're able to play, both are A)Still pretty damn good, and B)have some veeeeery friendly official scorers in their home parks(I swear Ray Ray gets assists just for looking in the direction of another defender when the Ravens are at home).

I targeted Fletcher/Lewis last season for a championship push in one of my IDP dynasties and wound up landing Lewis in a deal. It worked out, since I also landed the cash, but even if it hadn't I figured I'd be riding him until he falls to pieces. I'd feel the same way about Fletcher had I been able to get him instead.
This is true for Fletcher but not for Lewis. Fletcher 2010 & 2011: 16 Homes Games/84 Assists = 5.25 assists per home game

Lewis 2010 & 2011: 13 Home Games/27 Assists = 2.08 assists per home game

Other MLB/ILB

Angerer 2010 & 2011: 16 Home Games/62 Assists = 3.9 assists per home game

Mayo 2010 & 2011: 14 Home Games/70 Assists = 5 assists per home game

Lofton 2010 & 2011: 16 Home Games/46 Assists = 2.86 assists per home game

Cushing 2010 & 2011: 14 Home Games/36 Assists = 2.57 assists per home game

Willis 2010 & 2011: 14 Home Games/23 Assists = 1.64 assists per home game

Bishop 2010 & 2011: 14 Home Games/31 Assists = 2.21 assists per home game

If someone was intentionally padding Lewis' stats with assists they should be fired for doing such a terrible job.

Guess it just seems that way. I'm a Lewis owner, but a Raven hater. Mea culpa.

Every time the ******* plays Pittsburgh it seems like he gets about 8 phantom tackles because he was "in the neighborhood."

Guess it just seems that way. I'm a Lewis owner, but a Raven hater. Mea culpa. Every time the ******* plays Pittsburgh it seems like he gets about 8 phantom tackles because he was "in the neighborhood."
Oddly enough, the Ravens' home score keeper only awarded 87 assists to Ravens players in their 8 home games this season. That is 10.9 per game. The Steelers home score keeper awarded a whopping 180 assists to Steeler players in their 8 home games this season. That is 22.5 per game. Steelers players clearly get more of these "in the neighborhood" assists you are seeing.

Guess it just seems that way. I'm a Lewis owner, but a Raven hater. Mea culpa.

Every time the ******* plays Pittsburgh it seems like he gets about 8 phantom tackles because he was "in the neighborhood."
One thing I did notice is; since 1999 Lewis has had at least 1 "splash play" in every game he has faced the Steelers except 2. In those two games he had 13 tackles (Week 2 1999) and 13 tackles again(week 16 2004).

I tried trading Vilma straight up for Fletcher at the trade deadline in my dynasty league. Vilma was a little dinged up but the other owner was already out of it and had no playoff shot. Thought it was a nice win/win .. I get playoff production, he gets 8 years younger and a proven producer. Dude wouldn't even answer my email. I was shocked.

I tried trading Vilma straight up for Fletcher at the trade deadline in my dynasty league. Vilma was a little dinged up but the other owner was already out of it and had no playoff shot. Thought it was a nice win/win .. I get playoff production, he gets 8 years younger and a proven producer. Dude wouldn't even answer my email. I was shocked.
Vilma might be closer to done than Fletcher even though he's younger. Just my take but that might be why he didn't answer. More likely he's just one of those owners that doesn't care any more when he's out of it. Either which way dump Vilma as soon as you possibly can if you can get anyone worth something for him.

Perry Riley had only 1 tackle too. Weird game.

The stat keeper gave the Redskins 0 assists and the Buccs threw the ball more than double the amount of times they ran. I am sure that all played a part in it.

Fletcher's numbers are always much better at home because the Skins stat keeper gives 40-50 assists a game and gives tons of PDs.

The stat keeper gave the Redskins 0 assists...
And gave the Bucs 14 assists. A little fishy.
I prefer starting Fletcher when he is at home. This season the Redskins have played 3 road games and 1 home game. 3 road games: 10 tackles (9 solo-1 assist)1 Home game: 13 tackles (6 solo-7 assists)Since 2010 when the Redskins stat keeper went all assist happy; Fletcher breaks down like this:17 Home games: 186 tackles (95 solo-91 assists)19 Road games: 139 tackles (103 solo-36 assists)

The stat keeper gave the Redskins 0 assists...
And gave the Bucs 14 assists. A little fishy.
I prefer starting Fletcher when he is at home. This season the Redskins have played 3 road games and 1 home game. 3 road games: 10 tackles (9 solo-1 assist)1 Home game: 13 tackles (6 solo-7 assists)Since 2010 when the Redskins stat keeper went all assist happy; Fletcher breaks down like this:17 Home games: 186 tackles (95 solo-91 assists)19 Road games: 139 tackles (103 solo-36 assists)
Agreed. I have Perry Riley and only plan on starting him at home.

Nothing like some home cooking w 12 assists at today! That is more than most Linebackers get credited at home ALL season.

This still holds true:

Fletcher:

3 road games: 10 total tackles (9 solo-1 assist) for a 3.33 average

2 home games: 33 total tackles (14 solo-19 assists) for a 16.5 average

Perry Riley:

3 road games: 12 total tackles (11 solo-1 assist) for a 4 per game average

2 home games: 23 total tackles (6 solo-17 assists) for a 11.5 average

These two must be the most active ILB Duo at home in the entire NFL.

Somehow the Redskins only faced 26 rush attempts (not counting 2 kneels by Ryan) and these two combined for 32 total tackles. INCREDIBLE!

Is Fletcher a good start this week?
Yes, the Redskins are at Home. As I posted above Fletcher averages 16.5 tackles per game at home (7 solos-9.5 assists) as opposed to 3.33 tackles in road games. The Vikings are 8th in the NFL in rush attempts.
Haha I can't wait to see all them points again this week......that boy sure is good!
He is good but the Redskins stat keeper gives him, and everyone on that D, tons of assists as well. Which is great for IDP purposes.

I've had this guy for about 7 years now. I remember back around 2007 I wanted to trade him because he was getting old. Glad the other guy rejected the trade. I wanted DJ Johnson, LB for the Chiefs, when he was a rookie for Fletcher.

Redskins Coach Mike Shanahan said Fletcher’s hamstring still was sore. Shanahan said that Fletcher also was experiencing some problems with his balance and would see a neurologist about that issue. Shanahan said he found out about Fletcher’s balance issue late Monday and hopes it is not a serious problem.
Link

Lorenzo Alexander get the start at MLB?

(Rotoworld) Redskins ILB London Fletcher is dealing with a "balance problem" in addition to his hamstring injury, and will undergo "neurological tests." Analysis: Fletcher was held out of Wednesday's practice. A "balance problem" would suggest a concussion, but the Redskins haven't uttered the C-word since Sunday's loss. Regardless, Fletcher's Week 8 status is now in real jeopardy, and it's looking more likely than not his 231 consecutive games played streak will come to an end.

'Badm said:
Lorenzo Alexander get the start at MLB?

(Rotoworld) Redskins ILB London Fletcher is dealing with a "balance problem" in addition to his hamstring injury, and will undergo "neurological tests." Analysis: Fletcher was held out of Wednesday's practice. A "balance problem" would suggest a concussion, but the Redskins haven't uttered the C-word since Sunday's loss. Regardless, Fletcher's Week 8 status is now in real jeopardy, and it's looking more likely than not his 231 consecutive games played streak will come to an end.
I think Shanahan said as much today. I'll see if I can find a link.

'Badm said:
Lorenzo Alexander get the start at MLB?(Rotoworld) Redskins ILB London Fletcher is dealing with a "balance problem" in addition to his hamstring injury, and will undergo "neurological tests." Analysis: Fletcher was held out of Wednesday's practice. A "balance problem" would suggest a concussion, but the Redskins haven't uttered the C-word since Sunday's loss. Regardless, Fletcher's Week 8 status is now in real jeopardy, and it's looking more likely than not his 231 consecutive games played streak will come to an end.
booooooooo! i was hoping robinson would get a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread