What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2012 Mid Atlantic FBG's Auction League (1 Viewer)

ravnzfan

Footballguy
OK guys, another GREAT FF season is about to be wrapped up so I wanted to get this 2012 sign up thread out there before folks go on break

All members returning for the 2012 season (our 5th), please check in here---anyone interested in joining the fun and frolic, please post and we'll take as many as we can!!!

$60 fees, payout is 60/30/10 net of league expenses for site and software fees.

Draft (most likely) in Montgomery Co, MD, a few short miles NW of DC....looking at a Saturday in August, probably between 11, 18 or 25th

Scoring is what was WCoFF rules, best ball format(so no starting l/u required)

Auction $$$ to be determined, WW is a weekly Blind Bid Request that processes Wed evening...FCFS free Waiver period opens Thurs afternoon

Who's IN?!?! :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
League Roster:

1...ravnzfan (LONGSHOTZ)

2...my nephew(Paine Plan)

3...Fear the Turtle (Schmalaga...2X defending Champ!) :banned:

4...roarlions (Philly Cheese)

5...Go DC Yourself

6...NY Philly Xpress

7...JP

8...Dolly Llamas

9...Philly Fan

10..Johnny Nittany

11..XO Stars

12...Commuterman

13...Bruce(w/ravnzfan)

14...John Bender

15...mroberts

possibles:

1--rene

2--yankdog

I'll be back to make my standard first-round playoff exit. I was going to suggest that we establish the Sunday of Labor Day weekend as the traditional draft day, as that seemed to get the least number of schedule conflicts this year, but I can see how those without school-age kids would want to leave that weekend open for travel.

My boys, Chris and Ben (NY Philly Express), will be back as well. They'll be looking for some new victim to fleece in a trade. :P

Jeff P. has also committed.

No clue at this point...won't know my summer schedule until at least March. School might preclude me this year...but I hope to return

I would love to know more about this league and how to get involved being a DC area guy. If there are openings can someone email me at yankdogfootball@gmail.com? Thanks.

Missed it by THAT much!

Third place leaves me feeling so...unsatisfied.

IN.

Almost 100% sure my boy Jeff (XO Stars) will be back, as well as possibly up to 3 others.

updated thru this post w/12 "IN" and 2 on standby

we hold a spot for Rene until we know his schedule, and go from there

do we stop @14, or take it up to 16 in case 1 or 2 cancel? :popcorn:

Absolutely go for 16 if possible.

One other thought: About 3 months out from the Draft, say sometime in May/June after the NFL Draft, we put ourselves out there to all our DC/MD/VA/PA/etc. contacts in the Shark Pool and the FFA, and do a little recruiting sweep.

If, and ONLY IF, we're able to get up to 24 committed folks (and we're already close to 2/3 of the way there), we might consider 2 12-Team Leagues...?

With only 12 Teams, the Auctions should be shorter, even if only slightly so.

I'll be free the entire Draft Day, whatever it is, and would gladly help co-ordinate and conduct the 2nd Auction.

As long we started Auction 1 early enough, I have it on very good authority that Grill MarX wouldn't have any problems with us having that space available for as long as we'd need it.

Thoughts?

The more the merrier, we could cram 16 into that corner we had last year if need be. But we might have trouble getting commitments without a date. I think my vacationing will be over in July, so I should be available the entire month of August, as well as Labor Day weekend.

Looks like we will be vacationing in late June this year, so I should be available most, if not all, of August also.

Unsure about that date for a little while yet. However, this is not difficult software to operate and I urge you not to take my vacation plans into account. Surely someone, maybe even most of this prestigious gathering could run things as well as if not better than I do.

Unsure about that date for a little while yet. However, this is not difficult software to operate and I urge you not to take my vacation plans into account. Surely someone, maybe even most of this prestigious gathering could run things as well as if not better than I do.
keep us posted roady...you are, after all, the reason we exist!

I'm officially available Aug. 12 now. Would prefer, as usual, to not own a team, just operate the software and drink beer.

August 12 is fine with me, pretty sure it's OK with my buddy Jeff who I brought in last year, will update soon.

ravenz or FTT, could one of you please PM John Bender with details about the League when you have a chance? He's good people, and would make a good addition. TIA.

League Roster:

1...ravnzfan (LONGSHOTZ)

2...my nephew(Paine Plan)

3...Fear the Turtle (Schmalaga...2X defending Champ!) :banned:

4...roarlions (Philly Cheese)

5...Go DC Yourself

6...NY Philly Xpress

7...JP

8...Dolly Llamas

9...Philly Fan

10..Johnny Nittany

11..XO Stars

12...Commuterman

13...Bruce(w/ravnzfan)

14...Rene

15...mroberts

possibles:

1--yankdog
@this point, I want to wait until I hear from rene about his schedule...16 looks like a LOCK

Ugh.

Have a wedding 8/11. I'm sorry guys. Have to bail.

Poor planning on my part - I knew about the wedding when I said I was interested, I'm just an idiot.

So are we confirmed for Aug. 12th at this point? Have to schedule a weekend trip and want to know if I should block out that weekend as no-go for the trip.

Nipsey. Are we firm on 8/12/12? I'd like to let my GrillMarX Boys know sooner than later about a date to hold our area...
Right, we're rolling with the 12th. So far that's fine with:ravnzPaineBruce (w/ravnz)roarlionsTurtleJPnittanyJeff (w/nittany) renepablitoGo DCGo DC's buddyNY Philly XpressHaven't heard from:PhillyfanCommutermanmrobertsLast but not least, our stud auctioneer, roady, will be there. Have I missed anyone?

Thanks Fear. I see we did a roster of 16 under a 250 cap last year when we planned to have 14 teams planned. Any changes to that, particularly if we get 15 or 16 teams?

Users who are viewing this thread