What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Megyn Kelly (1 Viewer)

Same old same old from the left-wing kooks. You may think Megyn is some right-wing zealot, but to think she is just some ignorant broad who reads news is purely ignorant bias showing through.

Same old same old from the left-wing kooks. You may think Megyn is some right-wing zealot, but to think she is just some ignorant broad who reads news is purely ignorant bias showing through.
Dude, she went to Syracuse. That ain't exactly Harvard. I'm not saying she's a moron, but to say she's the most intelligent female journalist on TV is ridiculous and you know it. Plus, she will never live down the idiotic remarks she made about pepper spray. Good lord....what a gaffe.

I never said any of that. You assumed it. She is a news reader. Just like any of the big 3 anchors. That's a well used and time honored term for them.

Her undegrad was at Syracuse, her law degeee was from Albany. Not that Albany is anywhere near Harvard, but still she has a J.D. which is a lot more than other women news people have.

Another in the long list of Nazi Soccer Moms that Fox employs. They all have shoulder length blonde hair, make up to the Nines, padded bras to make their bosoms all look full yet covered so there is no plunging cleavage most of the time.

Her undegrad was at Syracuse, her law degeee was from Albany. Not that Albany is anywhere near Harvard, but still she has a J.D. which is a lot more than other women news people have.
Rachel Maddow was a Rhodes Scholar from Stanford who received her Doctor in Philosophy from Oxford. Still going with Megyn as the smartest woman journalist on TV?

So everyone with a JD is smart?
Name 5 women in news broadcasting smarter than Megyn.
Well let's start with one shall we? I mean you claim she is the smartest so I only need one to disprove that. I know how about a real reporter who has actually done more than read a teleprompter in studio? Christiane Amanpour graduated summa cum laude, and here's a small list of her awards:1992, Livingston Award for Young Journalists1993, George Polk Award for Television Reporting1993, George Foster Peabody awards[29]1994, Woman of the Year, New York Chapter of "Women in Cable"1994, Courage in Journalism Award, International Women's Media Foundation[30]1996, George Polk Award for Television Reporting1997, Honorary Doctor of Humane Letters degree, Emory University1997, Nymphe d’Honneur at the Monte Carlo Television Festival1998, George Foster Peabody awards[31]2002, Edward R. Murrow Award for Distinguished Achievement in Broadcast Journalism2002, Goldsmith Career Award for Excellence in Journalism, at Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government[32]2005, International Emmy, International Academy of Television Arts and Sciences2006, Honorary citizen, city of Sarajevo2006, Honorary doctorate degree from the University of Michigan for her contributions to journalism2007, CBE in the Queen's Birthday Honours[33]2007, Persian Woman of the Year2008 The Fourth Estate Award (National Press Club)2010 Fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences[34]2010, Honorary doctorate of humane letters degree, Northwestern University2010, Honorary doctorate from Georgia State University for her contributions to journalism2010, Honorary member of the graduating class of 2010 of Harvard College2011, Walter Cronkite Award for Excellence in Journalism from Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass CommunicationMegyn got a Morrow laying around?

Rachel Maddow was a Rhodes Scholar from Stanford who received her Doctor in Philosophy from Oxford. Still going with Megyn as the smartest woman journalist on TV?
I don't find Rachel's views all that compelling, but she is intelligent. I would put Megyn above Rachel, but that is probably because Rachel is much more unbalanced in her views than Megyn. I don't find people who don't acknowledge other viewponts all that intelligent.

Well let's start with one shall we? I mean you claim she is the smartest so I only need one to disprove that. I know how about a real reporter who has actually done more than read a teleprompter in studio? Christiane Amanpour graduated summa cum laude, and here's a small list of her awards:1992, Livingston Award for Young Journalists1993, George Polk Award for Television Reporting1993, George Foster Peabody awards[29]1994, Woman of the Year, New York Chapter of "Women in Cable"1994, Courage in Journalism Award, International Women's Media Foundation[30]1996, George Polk Award for Television Reporting1997, Honorary Doctor of Humane Letters degree, Emory University1997, Nymphe d’Honneur at the Monte Carlo Television Festival1998, George Foster Peabody awards[31]2002, Edward R. Murrow Award for Distinguished Achievement in Broadcast Journalism2002, Goldsmith Career Award for Excellence in Journalism, at Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government[32]2005, International Emmy, International Academy of Television Arts and Sciences2006, Honorary citizen, city of Sarajevo2006, Honorary doctorate degree from the University of Michigan for her contributions to journalism2007, CBE in the Queen's Birthday Honours[33]2007, Persian Woman of the Year2008 The Fourth Estate Award (National Press Club)2010 Fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences[34]2010, Honorary doctorate of humane letters degree, Northwestern University2010, Honorary doctorate from Georgia State University for her contributions to journalism2010, Honorary member of the graduating class of 2010 of Harvard College2011, Walter Cronkite Award for Excellence in Journalism from Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass CommunicationMegyn got a Morrow laying around?
meh, not that hot

I don't find Rachel's views all that compelling, but she is intelligent. I would put Megyn above Rachel, but that is probably because Rachel is much more unbalanced in her views than Megyn. I don't find people who don't acknowledge other viewponts all that intelligent.
Shocking

Diane Sawyer = WellesleyKatie Couric = UVARachel Maddow = StanfordThat's 3....
I would give you one from that list.

Maddow is pretty smart. Instead of arguing that Kelly is smarter than Maddow, I would have argued that Maddow doesn't count as a "news person" since she's more of a commentator than a reporter or anchor.

Diane Sawyer = WellesleyKatie Couric = UVARachel Maddow = StanfordThat's 3....
I would give you one from that list.
Well, YOU might...but there isn't an objective person alive who would say Syracuse ranks ahead of any of those schools I list. Not saying that's the best measure of intelligence, but getting into Stanford, UVA and Wellesley is a greater academic accomplishment than getting into Syracuse. But it's okay. You lean right, you'll back right wing stooges. It's cool.

Maddow is pretty smart. Instead of arguing that Kelly is smarter than Maddow, I would have argued that Maddow doesn't count as a "news person" since she's more of a commentator than a reporter or anchor.
If only jon had his J.D.

:lmao: Yeah, because you're so innovative and fresh with your perspective. Same ol same ol jonnay, condemn others for doing the same thing you do in the same post.

This would be a very fair argument and one that could win, but the smarter card I don't think would.

Considering the fact that Fox distorts news stories, I have a hard time calling Kelly a true anchor.

A thread about some tv chick being hot turns into a debate about politics and resumes. Keep up the good work, fellas.

Long live the FFA. :lmao:

Interesting that you'd pick her then since she's a die hard Fox defined Republican viewpoint espouser, which is essentially a balanced viewpoint. Although I will say that I am sorry to find that you feel so bad about your own intelligence based on the above statement.

Honestly who would you rather have a five dinner with Maddow or Kelly.

I think Maddow could hold up her end of the conversation, but Kelly would run out of things to say when the menu left her hand.

Users who are viewing this thread