What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best Fantasy Baseball Pay Site (1 Viewer)

mroberts327

Footballguy
This was my first year using football guys and I was blown away by the content and approach. I can now say I'm a football guys subscriber for life. So, as I prepare for just my second year of fantasy baseball (I'm a 10 year fantasy football vet), I'm led to my question: What site is the football guys of Fantasy Baseball?

I don't think there is a right answer. I follow certain writers on twitter, go to CBS and rotoworld, then check fan graphs, then snoop around on team forums. It's a lot of work but baseball news is pretty hit or miss outside of closers and you have to do the legwork for prospects.

Baseballtangent is pretty good though. They have a guy named cappy over there that does some great podcasts. :thumbup:

I don't think there is a right answer. I follow certain writers on twitter, go to CBS and rotoworld, then check fan graphs, then snoop around on team forums. It's a lot of work but baseball news is pretty hit or miss outside of closers and you have to do the legwork for prospects.

Baseballtangent is pretty good though. They have a guy named cappy over there that does some great podcasts. :thumbup:
Domination has never been so easy

I have used fantistics the last few years. 30 bucks for the season is a good deal.

They have a really thorough stats database.

They deliver separate e-mails for both leagues, and each are filled with a lot of info.

This was my first year using football guys and I was blown away by the content and approach. I can now say I'm a football guys subscriber for life. So, as I prepare for just my second year of fantasy baseball (I'm a 10 year fantasy football vet), I'm led to my question: What site is the football guys of Fantasy Baseball?
Really depends on what you want from a baseball site.If you can answer that it would make it easier to recommend one that you would like

To post this question in here, is there any web site that has a VBD or Draft Dominator application comparable to FBGs?

To post this question in here, is there any web site that has a VBD or Draft Dominator application comparable to FBGs?
Yes, there are a few different ones.There are two reasons I suggest you look at Mastersball.com1) There is more immediate response and help with all the toolsand2) I offer a money back guarantee on your satisfaction for FBG PVH

I'd like to see thoughtful statistic analysis, detailed player scouting, and maybe a podcast from a professional staff with a good industry reputation.

You can get pretty much everything for free at fangraphs. Certainly any stats you want and plenty of analysis. They also do prospect analysis. Of course, I'm generally not looking for someone to make decisions for me - just looking for the latest information. Also, outside of Twitter, Hardballtalk is probably the fastest way to get the news.

If you're looking for a pay site, I actually like ESPN's baseball coverage with Insider. Keith Law and Buster Olney have most of their stuff behind the paywall and hopefully they get someone to replace Jason Grey on the fantasy side.

Last edited by a moderator:
This isn't exactly what you're looking for but I enjoy the writing and its free... Razzball

(Plus his rankings and analysis helped me draft well and win my league last year)

This isn't exactly what you're looking for but I enjoy the writing and its free... Razzball

(Plus his rankings and analysis helped me draft well and win my league last year)
Stop! I don't want league mates to know about it. I've only played FB for 4 years. That site is the only one I've used. I've finished with 2 first places, and 2 third places during that time. Grey seems to know what he's talking about. A little too jokey at times, but entertaining most of the time.

I stumbled on to SportsDraftDaily.com today. It was an interesting read and a free site for fantasy baseball.
They are just getting started but for now the fantasy baseball information from Shawn Childs, one of the top fantasy players in the country, is definitely worth reading.

Thanks!I was going to create an excel to track budget, available players, projected accumulated stats vs. goals, etc. for a ROTO league ... then I saw that this site has a "war room" excel workbook that already does it, which is awesome. Has a lot of data inside the workbook though, will probably simplify it.

Don't think Last Player Picked has been mentioned yet. For free auction values, this system looks pretty good. The creator explains his methodology for the program as well (seems like he uses Excel Solver to create it). Razzball's "point share" system for generating auction values looks interesting too, but I like LPP's method better for standardizing stats.

This is interesting. As entertaining as I find Grey, I think his analysis and predictions the past two seasons has been really poor. The other writers on the site, while not as entertaining, do post some valuable stuff. Especially their minor league rundowns. But Grey's posts should be taken with a grain of salt, IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks!I was going to create an excel to track budget, available players, projected accumulated stats vs. goals, etc. for a ROTO league ... then I saw that this site has a "war room" excel workbook that already does it, which is awesome. Has a lot of data inside the workbook though, will probably simplify it.
Interesting. I've been making one of these for myself for the past few years. I'll download this one tonight and take a look.Overall, not a fan of Razzball, though. His analysis is ok but his writing always comes off like he's trying too hard.

Interesting. I've been making one of these for myself for the past few years. I'll download this one tonight and take a look.Overall, not a fan of Razzball, though. His analysis is ok but his writing always comes off like he's trying too hard.
I don't see it on their site. Can you provide a link?

I don't see it on their site. Can you provide a link?
http://razzball.com/2012-fantasy-baseball-rankings/Fifth from the bottom. I used it in a mock auction and wasn't happy with it. I quickly realized that I need everything on one or two tabs. If you scroll down to comment #54 on the download page, some guy uploaded a modified version that is better.

Not neccesarily fantasy based, but any subscribers here to Baseball Prospectus or ESPN Insider? Thoughts on them, worth the price? I like Keith Law and Kevin Goldstein in particular but a lot of their Twitter links are to their pay sites, obviously for good reason.

Users who are viewing this thread