What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

W17 News, Notes and Inactives (1 Viewer)

Jene Bramel

Footballguy
Hard to know what to expect today, unfortunately, as some teams could well rest starters or take a look at young players for more than the usual number of snaps.

Some brief thoughts here for those in Week 17 championship situations, and I’ll be watching Twitter for any early game surprises. Please post if there are any other situations that warrant clarification and I’ll see what I can track down.

Teams with very little to play for include Green Bay and Houston, who are essentially locked into their current situations. It’s possible that Charles Woodson and Clay Matthews could play less than usual and the Packers could rest more despite Mike McCarthy’s declaration that the Packers are focused on 15-1. The Texans haven’t said they’ll rest anyone, but it wouldn’t be surprising to see Brian Cushing take a series off now and then, though he’s not on the injury report at all.

The Saints, Falcons, Niners and others could also rest players. The most likely names here would be Patrick Willis (questionable and limited all week) and Jonathan Vilma (questionable and limited all week with knee trouble).

Of those players you might be considering today…

Patrick Chung is questionable and limited in practice all week again. The Patriots didn’t add a safety off the practice squad this week, but I’d have a hard time trusting Chung even if he makes the active list this week.

Charles Johnson is doubtful and his season is very likely over with continued back trouble.

Brian Urlacher suffered a knee injury last week that limited him during the second half and held him out of all but a limited Friday practice. He’s questionable but Lovie Smith said he saw “no issues” and expects him to play.

Dwight Lowery will not play with a shoulder injury again this week.

Brian Dawkins will again not play in Denver.

LaMarr Woodley won’t play with his hamstring injury. James Harrison and Troy Polamalu are both dinged. It’s unlikely that either will miss the game or sit for many snaps unless the Baltimore game gets out of hand (either way) in Cincinnati.

Patrick Peterson is questionable with Achilles’ soreness and made it through only a limited practice on Friday. He’s a GTD.

Osi Umenyiora is questionable but made it through limited practices all week. Umenyiora hasn’t talked to reporters this week and Coughlin said, “We’ll see. I hope so,” when asked about Umenyiora’s chances.

With Charles Woodson out, would that bump Shields into a starting spot? And with Cobb out, any word if he might be returning kicks?

Any news about Michael Huff playing at 4PM? Debating whether or not to start Giordino at S over W.Moore.

Patrick Willis and Patrick Chung are active.
Jene, should I roll with Willis? He needs reps before the playoffs. Only other option is S Weatherspoon v TB.
I haven't seen any specific reports one way or another, but my gut says that it's very unlikely that Willis plays every snap today. I think his situation is more like Andre Johnson (snap count, getting a feel for game speed before playoffs) than Ben Roethlisberger (will play until game decided). Weatherspoon isn't exactly an attractive option either, though he'll have some big play upside.

Users who are viewing this thread