What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2012 Offseason Dynasty Trades (3 Viewers)

'humpback said:
'thriftyrocker said:
'The Real Hipster Doofus said:
'cstu said:
'Spin said:
This trade happened in a league 10 team league I commish, two guys have raised a fuss about it already, interestingly enough, they both disagree on who gave up too much.Start 2 qbs/2rbs/3wr/1te/idp , ppr, 3pt passing tdTeam A gave up:RoethlisbergerMendenhall1.082.4Team B gave up:1.1Ryan Mallett
Fair enough, but I'd rather have the 1.01 side. There's a good chance Mallet will be the Pats starting QB in two years so he's a nice acquisition for a team looking to get younger.
I don't play 2QB so I can't speak to how that changes thing too much. But I prefer the 1.01 side as well. Richardson is a ADP level stud IMO, and Mendenhall is just a guy.
Roethlisberger is worth about the same as 1.1 in this format.
It is 2 QB, but it is also a ppr with only 3 pts. per passing TD, so that changes things a bit. I wonder if the #1 pick will be Luck in a league like this?The fact that the two teams complaining disagree on which side won means it's probably fair.
It will almost certainly be RG3, followed by (probably) Luck at 2. The guy that traded for the 1.1 is absolutely in love with him and thinks he's the next great thing.Plus rushing tds for a qb are huge in this league. So much so that the guy who owned Vick continued to spend contract years on him while he was in jail, and was rewarded with the championship last year. Although, having Rodgers sure helps.

12 Tm Start 1 QB and QB also available as flex

Team A trades: 1.07

Team B trades: Josh Freeman

Team A has elite talent at WR and RB + solid TE's and rookie pick 1.08

Team B has Newton and Stafford

12 Team, ppr, 1QB/2RB/3WR/TE/FL/D/K

Team D gave up

Rivers, Philip SDC QB;

Amendola, Danny STL WR;

Steelers, Pittsburgh PIT Def

Team G gave up

Ryan, Matt ATL QB;

Titans, Tennessee TEN Def;

Year 2012 5.11 Draft Pick
keeper league? In a non-IDP league, I don't put much (if any) value on 5th round rookie picks. I'll take Rivers/Amen/Pitt pretty easily.

'todisco1 said:
'Donsmith753 said:
16 team half PPRMike Wallace2.11For 1.061.08
Wallace owners seem to be panicking. I think he may be a buy - he's not DeSean Jackson IMO.
I will have to start buying Wallace at this price. Best case IMO is the 1.06 is Luck or RG3, if he needs a QB I could justify it but Wallace seems worth a bit more.

I gave Kendall Hunter

I got Flynn and 3.03 rookie pick.

With Shaub/Josh Johnson/Grossman I needed to take a chance. Hurt to lose Hunter, but the upside of QBs in our league (the settings are very skewed to QB) means that anyone without a legit top 5 type QB has no chance and getting one after the pop is means your first born son.

'todisco1 said:
'Donsmith753 said:
16 team half PPRMike Wallace2.11For 1.061.08
Wallace owners seem to be panicking. I think he may be a buy - he's not DeSean Jackson IMO.
I will have to start buying Wallace at this price. Best case IMO is the 1.06 is Luck or RG3, if he needs a QB I could justify it but Wallace seems worth a bit more.
I agree. He's definitely worth a look see if this is his price. For a reference point, I took a stand that he wasnt a top 5 dynasty reveiver and sold high before this season along with Owen Daniels for 1.3 (Julio) Jimmy Graham and tebow. Loving that deal

Last edited by a moderator:
PPR Dynasty League, 12 Team, standard scoring

Team A gave up Johnson, Chris TEN RB;Boldin, Anquan BAL WR; Year 2013 Round 2 Draft Pick from TeamC

Team B gave up Murray, DeMarco DAL RB;Jackson, DeSean PHI WR

Angry Spiders gave up:

Fitzpatrick, Ryan BUF QB

Gerhart, Toby MIN RB

Peterson, Adrian MIN RB

NightStalkers gave up:

Dwyer, Jonathan PIT RB

Redman, Isaac PIT RB

Jackson, DeSean PHI WR

Year 2012 Round 1 Draft Pick from Devil Dogs (1.07)

Year 2012 Round 1 Draft Pick from Comatose Sleepers (1.09)

Year 2012 Round 2 Draft Pick from Beaverton Bullies (2.06 20th overall)

12 team PPR dynasty

Team A trades Ryan Matthews, Titus Young

Team B trades Jordy Nelson, Delone Carter, 1.08

12 team PPR dynasty(Different league)

Team A trades Ahmad Bradshaw, Percy Harvin

Team B trades Shonn Greene, Andre Johnson, 1.08

12 Team, ppr, 1QB/2RB/3WR/TE/FL/D/KTeam D gave up Rivers, Philip SDC QB;Amendola, Danny STL WR;Steelers, Pittsburgh PIT DefTeam G gave up Ryan, Matt ATL QB;Titans, Tennessee TEN Def; Year 2012 5.11 Draft Pick
Team D got raped. A Def is a Def, pick 5.11 is a crap shoot and Rivers is a thousand times better then Ryan. Plus Amendola as a throw in in a PPR league??? Wow

12 Team, ppr, 1QB/2RB/3WR/TE/FL/D/KTeam D gave up Rivers, Philip SDC QB;Amendola, Danny STL WR;Steelers, Pittsburgh PIT DefTeam G gave up Ryan, Matt ATL QB;Titans, Tennessee TEN Def; Year 2012 5.11 Draft Pick
Team D got raped. A Def is a Def, pick 5.11 is a crap shoot and Rivers is a thousand times better then Ryan. Plus Amendola as a throw in in a PPR league??? Wow
Amendola isn't anything special and Ryan outscored Rivers in my dynasty leagues. Not sure where you get this 1000 times better stuff. Not to mention he is 4 years younger than Rivers and has better WRs to throw to.

Amendola isn't anything special and Ryan outscored Rivers in my dynasty leagues. Not sure where you get this 1000 times better stuff. Not to mention he is 4 years younger than Rivers and has better WRs to throw to.
rivers is a better fantasy qb then ryan. rivers had a terrible season, it happens even to the best qbs in the business. if ryan doesn't start to win a game or two when it matters the difference in age isn't going to matter much.

PPR 12 team dynasty

Team A gave: MJD, 2.6, 3.6

Team B gave: Julio Jones, 1.5, 2.5

Both teams are middle of the road contenders. Team A is loaded at RB(DMC, Mathews, MJD, Gore, Blount, Gerhart) and Team B is loaded at WR(Julio Jones, Wallace, Vincent Jackson, Desean Jackson, Gaffney, Breaston).

PPR 12 team dynastyTeam A gave: MJD, 2.6, 3.6Team B gave: Julio Jones, 1.5, 2.5Both teams are middle of the road contenders. Team A is loaded at RB(DMC, Mathews, MJD, Gore, Blount, Gerhart) and Team B is loaded at WR(Julio Jones, Wallace, Vincent Jackson, Desean Jackson, Gaffney, Breaston).
I'd pretty easily prefer JJ and 1.5 to MJD and 3.6; still a reasonable trade.

Team D gave up

Rivers, Philip SDC QB;

Amendola, Danny STL WR;

Team G gave up

Ryan, Matt ATL QB;

rivers is a better fantasy qb then ryan. rivers had a terrible season, it happens even to the best qbs in the business. if ryan doesn't start to win a game or two when it matters the difference in age isn't going to matter much.
In the past he was. Moving forward, I'll take Ryan.

well saidi have serious doubts that Ryan will ever ascend to the next level of quarterback. he is good, but not great.rivers on the other hand, despite one bad season, is already there. I'd much rather have Rivers

Team D gave up

Rivers, Philip SDC QB;

Amendola, Danny STL WR;

Team G gave up

Ryan, Matt ATL QB;

In the past he was. Moving forward, I'll take Ryan.
Same here, overall though, a pretty fair trade.

PPR 12 team dynastyTeam A gave: MJD, 2.6, 3.6Team B gave: Julio Jones, 1.5, 2.5Both teams are middle of the road contenders. Team A is loaded at RB(DMC, Mathews, MJD, Gore, Blount, Gerhart) and Team B is loaded at WR(Julio Jones, Wallace, Vincent Jackson, Desean Jackson, Gaffney, Breaston).
I'd pretty easily prefer JJ and 1.5 to MJD and 3.6; still a reasonable trade.
It seems like the draft picks should be reversed. I'd take a young JJ in a PPR over a middle aged RB in a second. That's not even considering MJD's possible knee problems.

NicksCutlerForStaffordDenarious MooreRyan WilliamsRashad Jennings2.07
Curious to hear any thoughts on this one, I was involved on the side that received Stafford.
I like it for both teams, probably a touch more towards Stafford. Even more if you are able to bunch the rest of those guys for someone better (I like Moore and Williams significantly less than most others on this board).

NicksCutlerForStaffordDenarious MooreRyan WilliamsRashad Jennings2.07
Curious to hear any thoughts on this one, I was involved on the side that received Stafford.
I like it for both teams, probably a touch more towards Stafford. Even more if you are able to bunch the rest of those guys for someone better (I like Moore and Williams significantly less than most others on this board).
I'm on the Nicks side. I do feel like I gave up a good deal of value. Ryan Williams might be the wild card, depending on how he returns from his knee injury. I was really reluctant to part with him and Moore, but the opportunity to pair Nicks with Calvin and Fitz in a start 3 WR PPR league was too much to pass up. And I still have Rodgers at QB

'Skeletore Eh said:
'jonboltz said:
'Jaysports said:
'Skeletore Eh said:
Nicks

Cutler

For

Stafford

Denarious Moore

Ryan Williams

Rashad Jennings

I'm on the Nicks side. I do feel like I gave up a good deal of value. Ryan Williams might be the wild card, depending on how he returns from his knee injury. I was really reluctant to part with him and Moore, but the opportunity to pair Nicks with Calvin and Fitz in a start 3 WR PPR league was too much to pass up. And I still have Rodgers at QB
Good trade in that case. Looks like a win-win trade to me.

0.5 ppr

Team A receives: Chris Johnson

Team B receives: DeMarco Murray/2013 1st (likely mid to high based on historical performance)

Team A gave:

Charles, 1.4

Team B gave:

1.1, 1.7

Thoughts on this one?

Not really a bad deal if Thomas turns out to be the real deal. Welker is 31. Doubt he has more than 2-3 top years left.

Users who are viewing this thread