What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2012 Offseason Dynasty Trades (1 Viewer)

Jonathan StewartLeonard hankersonForMichael CrabtreeFred Davis
I'll take the Crabtree/Davis side any day of the week in a PPR. Non PPR - maybe things change some.Crabtree started picking it up at the end of the reg season. He's a nice buy right now.
It is ppr. Having said that I like the jstew side. I just don't understand why people are still so infatuated with Crabtree. What is he? A low end WR2 at best. He's a prima Donna that does not impress on the field and IMO is just living off his reputation as a highly touted first round pick
Low end WR2 and a top 5 TE? I'll take that over Stewart.I wouldn't call it an infatuation, I think it's actually the opposite right now. He's on a defense oriented team that focuses on the run. Is he immature? Yes, but he's only been in the year 3 years now and picked it up considerably in the 2nd half of 2011.Don't get me wrong, I like Stewart, but not as much as. A top 5 TE and a WR2 (with upside).
You know that's Fred Davis and not Vernon right...

12 team PPR

Give: Pierre Thomas

Got: Robert Meachem

Nothing sexy, but helps shore up rb and wr for both teams. Pretty fair value for each guy (imho).

Last edited by a moderator:
Non-ppr, standard scoring, 53 man IDP dynasty

Team 1 gave

Bernard Scott

2012 rookie pick 3.06

Team 2 gave

Ben Tate

Brooks Reed

Yes
GronkGrahamVDavisFinleyHernandezPettigrewWittenKeller, Dickson, Cook...Just not seeing Fred as a top 5.
Not sure I'd rank Fred as a top 5 guy, but he is worth quite a bit more than Dickson, Cook or Keller.
I'd slate him around #3 or #4, personally, given his age, receiving ability, and what he did with Grossman/Beck at QB in a suspension shortened season. He was on pace for well over 1K, finished the year as #6 TE in my PPR based on average points, and is 26.Why V.Davis on a run oriented/running team and Finley after the big letdown this year and his NUMEROUS drops are consistently ranked well above Davis just doesn't make sense for me.To put it in perspective, in my league here's how they finished:F.Davis - 184 pointsV.Davis - 213 pointsJ.Finley - 207 ppintsFred played 4 fewer games that Davis/Finley and finished ~30 points behind them. Sure there are other things to consider other than how they finished in 2011, but F.Davis is just as talented as these other two guys.Give me Fred straight and at this price over the two other "names".

14 team PPR (0.5 for RB, 1 for WR,1.5 for TE) that includes a college (developmental draft) and a rookie draft annually:

Antonio Brown

2013 college pick (about equivalent to a 1st rounder)

2.02 rookie pick (equivalent to a 3rd)

for

J.Nelson

Yes
GronkGrahamVDavisFinleyHernandezPettigrewWittenKeller, Dickson, Cook...Just not seeing Fred as a top 5.
Not sure I'd rank Fred as a top 5 guy, but he is worth quite a bit more than Dickson, Cook or Keller.
I'd slate him around #3 or #4, personally, given his age, receiving ability, and what he did with Grossman/Beck at QB in a suspension shortened season. He was on pace for well over 1K, finished the year as #6 TE in my PPR based on average points, and is 26.Why V.Davis on a run oriented/running team and Finley after the big letdown this year and his NUMEROUS drops are consistently ranked well above Davis just doesn't make sense for me.To put it in perspective, in my league here's how they finished:F.Davis - 184 pointsV.Davis - 213 pointsJ.Finley - 207 ppintsFred played 4 fewer games that Davis/Finley and finished ~30 points behind them. Sure there are other things to consider other than how they finished in 2011, but F.Davis is just as talented as these other two guys.Give me Fred straight and at this price over the two other "names".
Why did he play 4 less games?

I'm assuming you're insinuating that the drug use suspension poses a red flag for him in dynasty. Personally, that doesn't worry me too much. Holmes has been "clean" since his suspension 2 years ago; no reason why Davis won't be either.

'Patoons said:
'Donsmith753 said:
'Patoons said:
I'm assuming you're insinuating that the drug use suspension poses a red flag for him in dynasty. Personally, that doesn't worry me too much. Holmes has been "clean" since his suspension 2 years ago; no reason why Davis won't be either.
Holmes might have stayed clean since then in regards to drugs, but he is a malcontent and locker room cancer. Not exactly the best comparison. Fred Davis is undoubtedly not a top 5 te. I don't care how u line up his statsGraham GronkowskiWittenHernandezV DavisAll no brainers over FredGatesFinleyAlso clearly more valuablePettigrewA better option in my opinionAfter that it's debatable with a large number of guys. As a reference point, Waldman has him at #20 in his updated rankings. At the very best he is #9, but even that is debatable.

Big trade I just made. 12 team, PPR, 1QB 2RB 2WR TE 2FLEX offense only, 36 man rosters.

Gave:

Hakeem Nicks

Quizz Rodgers

Got:

1.01 (Trent Richardson)

Mossis Madu

Taylor Price

Lineup after trade:

Newton (Flacco)

Foster, Trent (Kevin Smith, etc.)

Megatron, Wallace, Austin, Bowe (Baldwin, etc.)

Rudolph (Housler, etc.)

I plan on moving the 1.11 for an aging TE, possibly, to hedge my bets on Rudolph being ready to step in as a TE1 this year.

Nicks is probably worth more, but I value Trent right up there with Ray Rice, right below my top tier of Foster and McCoy...and would anyone blink if I traded Nicks, with my WR's, for Rice? Doubtful. It just depends on my evaluation being correct, now.

'jeter23 said:
'FUBAR said:
'Patoons said:
Yes
Time will tell, but I value Cook slightly higher, at worst on the same tier.

Big trade I just made. 12 team, PPR, 1QB 2RB 2WR TE 2FLEX offense only, 36 man rosters.Gave: Hakeem NicksQuizz Rodgers2.05Got:1.01 (Trent Richardson)1.11Mossis MaduTaylor PriceLineup after trade:Newton (Flacco)Foster, Trent (Kevin Smith, etc.)Megatron, Wallace, Austin, Bowe (Baldwin, etc.)Rudolph (Housler, etc.)I plan on moving the 1.11 for an aging TE, possibly, to hedge my bets on Rudolph being ready to step in as a TE1 this year.Nicks is probably worth more, but I value Trent right up there with Ray Rice, right below my top tier of Foster and McCoy...and would anyone blink if I traded Nicks, with my WR's, for Rice? Doubtful. It just depends on my evaluation being correct, now.
Just made another trade that came out of nowhere:Gave:Mike WallaceJeremy KerleyRob HouslerGot:Vincent JacksonJason WittenJeremiah JohnsonNow my starting lineup is:Newton (Flacco)Foster, Trent (Kevin Smith, etc.)Megatron, V-Jax, Austin, Bowe (Baldwin, etc.)Witten (Rudolph, etc.)And I still have the 1.11 to play with, since I don't need to trade it for a TE to hedge my bets now.

Holmes might have stayed clean since then in regards to drugs, but he is a malcontent and locker room cancer. Not exactly the best comparison. Fred Davis is undoubtedly not a top 5 te. I don't care how u line up his statsGraham GronkowskiWittenHernandezV DavisAll no brainers over FredGatesFinleyAlso clearly more valuablePettigrewA better option in my opinionAfter that it's debatable with a large number of guys. As a reference point, Waldman has him at #20 in his updated rankings. At the very best he is #9, but even that is debatable.
As previously stated (along with my reasons why), I don't see V.Davis as a slamdunk over F.Davis. I don't see how you/we can ignore FDavis' stats when it was his first year as a starter. Why is V more valuable? I've yet to hear a position or argument other than "this is the way it is".Finley and Gates (again) are bigger names, sure, but please explain why they're "clearly more valuable than Fred". Gates is old and beat up, while Finley is all the hype and has been, but hasn't produced at a top level. In fact, F.Davis has had a better year than Finley has, while Finley has played many more snaps/games than F.Davis to date. I completely agree on top 3-4... but not beyond that. I'm not hearing valid reasons why at this point, either.

I gave

Tony Romo

MJD

Deji Karim

Wes Welker

Roddy White

Jason Witten

2nd rookie

I got

Aaron Rodgers

Ahmad Bradshaw

Jordy Nelson

Jeremy Maclin

Dustin Keller

My starting lineup is now

Aaron Rodgers, Arian Foster, Ahmad Bradshaw, Jordy Nelson, Jeremy Maclin, Reggie Wayne, Gates Flx: Benson, Mendenhall, or Keller. I have Eli to back up and I'm going to try to trade him for a decent backup and another good piece at WR. What do you guys think about this trade

I gave Tony RomoMJD Deji KarimWes WelkerRoddy WhiteJason Witten2nd rookieI gotAaron RodgersAhmad BradshawJordy NelsonJeremy MaclinDustin KellerMy starting lineup is nowAaron Rodgers, Arian Foster, Ahmad Bradshaw, Jordy Nelson, Jeremy Maclin, Reggie Wayne, Gates Flx: Benson, Mendenhall, or Keller. I have Eli to back up and I'm going to try to trade him for a decent backup and another good piece at WR. What do you guys think about this trade
Crazy as it may sound, I don't like this for you even though you got Rodgers. I think you downgraded 4 positions (RB, WR1, WR2, TE) to upgrade QB. Granted, Rodgers is a top 3 qb. I'm just not sure the difference between him and Romo averaged out over the next three years will be enough to make up the difference. Maybe I look at things differently than others though.

I gave Tony RomoMJD Deji KarimWes WelkerRoddy WhiteJason Witten2nd rookieI gotAaron RodgersAhmad BradshawJordy NelsonJeremy MaclinDustin KellerMy starting lineup is nowAaron Rodgers, Arian Foster, Ahmad Bradshaw, Jordy Nelson, Jeremy Maclin, Reggie Wayne, Gates Flx: Benson, Mendenhall, or Keller. I have Eli to back up and I'm going to try to trade him for a decent backup and another good piece at WR. What do you guys think about this trade
Crazy as it may sound, I don't like this for you even though you got Rodgers. I think you downgraded 4 positions (RB, WR1, WR2, TE) to upgrade QB. Granted, Rodgers is a top 3 qb. I'm just not sure the difference between him and Romo averaged out over the next three years will be enough to make up the difference. Maybe I look at things differently than others though.
I'm not sure who won or lost but I find it interesting that people are basically willing to exchange their entire teams (that's at least an entire starting line-up swap).

I think you gave up too much. Rodgers is obviously great, but I think you really hurt your chances at winning in the short term. The gain from Eli/Romo to Rodgers IMO will be much smaller than the loss from MJD/Welker/Roddy/Witten to Bradshaw/Jordy/Maclin/Keller. Giving up the #2 pick just makes it worse IMO.You obviously got younger, and it could pan out, but I wouldn't have done it.

As previously stated (along with my reasons why), I don't see V.Davis as a slamdunk over F.Davis. I don't see how you/we can ignore FDavis' stats when it was his first year as a starter. Why is V more valuable? I've yet to hear a position or argument other than "this is the way it is".Finley and Gates (again) are bigger names, sure, but please explain why they're "clearly more valuable than Fred". Gates is old and beat up, while Finley is all the hype and has been, but hasn't produced at a top level. In fact, F.Davis has had a better year than Finley has, while Finley has played many more snaps/games than F.Davis to date. I completely agree on top 3-4... but not beyond that. I'm not hearing valid reasons why at this point, either.
Well it's pretty simple. Vernon and Finley are freakishly gifted athletes with upside out the ying yang. Fred Davis is not. In dynasty, give me the most talented player and I'll let everything else work itself out. And gates, despite being "old and beat up" was the clear #3 tight end once he returned from injury this season. He is a difference maker and will continue to be for the next 2-3 years, which is all you can really worry about in dynasty. Fred davis, is not.

Team A receives: Calvin/1.4 developmental pick (college player)

Team B receives: Marshall/ Ingram/Pierre Thomas/Juron Criner

Well it's pretty simple. Vernon and Finley are freakishly gifted athletes with upside out the ying yang. Fred Davis is not. In dynasty, give me the most talented player and I'll let everything else work itself out. And gates, despite being "old and beat up" was the clear #3 tight end once he returned from injury this season. He is a difference maker and will continue to be for the next 2-3 years, which is all you can really worry about in dynasty. Fred davis, is not.
How'd that work out for Braylon, Roy Williams, etc.? Being a more gifted athelete with tremendous upside > all else. I'll take the production on the field from a lesser talented (not NO talent, but lesser) over the most gifted athelete. It's not like Davis doesn't create mismatches as a receiving TE with that quickness. He does and did this season.There's no sense in continuing the back and forth, so this is it for me. It'll be interesting to see where things shake out after next year. Fred is my pony in this race.

'jeter23 said:
'gianmarco said:
Team A receives: Calvin/1.4 developmental pick (college player)Team B receives: Marshall/ Ingram/Pierre Thomas/Juron Criner
Calvin side by a ton
I was the guy who traded Calvin, and can definitely understand where the consensus would be to keep him. This is a case where it's a 14 team Backyard Brawl league, (devy league, start 2rb) making good, stud RB's harder to come by without trading. Yes, stud WR's are hard to come by too, but it's 1.5 ppr for te, and te's can start as wr's (plus we start a lot of te/wr). Makes the pool of starters here bigger. My RB's were essentially Best and Hillis. My only real trade piece of any large value was Calvin. I just thought it silly to sit on Calvin and have no hope at all of competing. I got a borderline WR1 out of it (yes, he's not calvin), and last year's slam dunk rookie #1. Just have to hope he's not a bust. Depending on where he lands, Criner could be WR3 in rookie drafts. I feel this deal made my team stronger overall. I may have been able to get more "value" somewhere else, but I usually don't trade to flip value - I trade for my team. I'm comfy with it.

Kickback League Trade

Forrester Thunder gave up:

Carter, Delone IND RB

Year 2013 Round 1 Draft Pick from Forrester Thunder

Dunedin Buccaneers gave up:

Garcon, Pierre IND WR

Thunder finished with the #3 overall this year for reference.

Kickback League TradeForrester Thunder gave up:Carter, Delone IND RBYear 2013 Round 1 Draft Pick from Forrester ThunderDunedin Buccaneers gave up:Garcon, Pierre IND WRThunder finished with the #3 overall this year for reference.
Whoa, Garcon for the 3rd pick? That's a high price to pay.

'Patoons said:
'Skeletore Eh said:
Holmes might have stayed clean since then in regards to drugs, but he is a malcontent and locker room cancer. Not exactly the best comparison.

Fred Davis is undoubtedly not a top 5 te. I don't care how u line up his stats

Graham

Gronkowski

Witten

Hernandez

V Davis

All no brainers over Fred

Gates

Finley

Also clearly more valuable

Pettigrew

A better option in my opinion

After that it's debatable with a large number of guys. As a reference point, Waldman has him at #20 in his updated rankings. At the very best he is #9, but even that is debatable.
As previously stated (along with my reasons why), I don't see V.Davis as a slamdunk over F.Davis. I don't see how you/we can ignore FDavis' stats when it was his first year as a starter. Why is V more valuable? I've yet to hear a position or argument other than "this is the way it is".Finley and Gates (again) are bigger names, sure, but please explain why they're "clearly more valuable than Fred". Gates is old and beat up, while Finley is all the hype and has been, but hasn't produced at a top level. In fact, F.Davis has had a better year than Finley has, while Finley has played many more snaps/games than F.Davis to date.

I completely agree on top 3-4... but not beyond that. I'm not hearing valid reasons why at this point, either.
Davis had a slow start this year but you can't argue the years of solid production. Here is a reason for his slow start.

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/01/11/after-early-info-overload-vernon-davis-thrives/

Not sure you could find one person that would take Fred over Vernon. And it is a slam dunk. He is only going to get better. Did you not see the game vs NO. Cripes.

Kickback League TradeForrester Thunder gave up:Carter, Delone IND RBYear 2013 Round 1 Draft Pick from Forrester ThunderDunedin Buccaneers gave up:Garcon, Pierre IND WRThunder finished with the #3 overall this year for reference.
Whoa, Garcon for the 3rd pick? That's a high price to pay.
Looks like a 2013 pick, though.
Ah, makes it a bit better then.
Yeah guys made some other trades to improve for next year so it probably won't be that high, always worth betting on a loser though.

Davis had a slow start this year but you can't argue the years of solid production.

Here is a reason for his slow start.

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/01/11/after-early-info-overload-vernon-davis-thrives/

Not sure you could find one person that would take Fred over Vernon. And it is a slam dunk. He is only going to get better. Did you not see the game vs NO. Cripes.
V.Davis has yet to hit 1K on the year and F.Davis was going to hit it in his first year as a starter (needed to avg ~50/game in last 4; given his YTD, that would be hit no problem). The NO game was impressive by V.Davis, no doubt, but SF doesn't play New Orleans every week (i.e., Smith isn't going to throw 40+ passes in a game very often). That's just not going to be a frequent occurence.

'jeter23 said:
'gianmarco said:
Team A receives: Calvin/1.4 developmental pick (college player)Team B receives: Marshall/ Ingram/Pierre Thomas/Juron Criner
Calvin side by a ton
I was the guy who traded Calvin, and can definitely understand where the consensus would be to keep him. This is a case where it's a 14 team Backyard Brawl league, (devy league, start 2rb) making good, stud RB's harder to come by without trading. Yes, stud WR's are hard to come by too, but it's 1.5 ppr for te, and te's can start as wr's (plus we start a lot of te/wr). Makes the pool of starters here bigger. My RB's were essentially Best and Hillis. My only real trade piece of any large value was Calvin. I just thought it silly to sit on Calvin and have no hope at all of competing. I got a borderline WR1 out of it (yes, he's not calvin), and last year's slam dunk rookie #1. Just have to hope he's not a bust. Depending on where he lands, Criner could be WR3 in rookie drafts. I feel this deal made my team stronger overall. I may have been able to get more "value" somewhere else, but I usually don't trade to flip value - I trade for my team. I'm comfy with it.
Yuck....sorry no way I trade for that

Not part of this, and wondering if this is as lopsided to most as I see it?

Team A gives: Eli, Foster, Tate, Maclin, Branch

Team B gives: Freeman, Mathews, LeShoure, Harvin, Little

I was not a part of this. Team A Kenny Britt Pick 1.11Team BPick 1.4
If Britt gets healthy and stays out of trouble this is a steal for the team that received Britt. Injury concern and the knucklehead factor make this close for right now.

Big trade I just made. 12 team, PPR, 1QB 2RB 2WR TE 2FLEX offense only, 36 man rosters.Gave: Hakeem NicksQuizz Rodgers2.05Got:1.01 (Trent Richardson)1.11Mossis MaduTaylor PriceLineup after trade:Newton (Flacco)Foster, Trent (Kevin Smith, etc.)Megatron, Wallace, Austin, Bowe (Baldwin, etc.)Rudolph (Housler, etc.)I plan on moving the 1.11 for an aging TE, possibly, to hedge my bets on Rudolph being ready to step in as a TE1 this year.Nicks is probably worth more, but I value Trent right up there with Ray Rice, right below my top tier of Foster and McCoy...and would anyone blink if I traded Nicks, with my WR's, for Rice? Doubtful. It just depends on my evaluation being correct, now.
I think it was a very good trade for you in that your abundance of top WR was overshadowed by a lack of RB depth. It looks like you were starting Foster/K Smith last season which should be improved significantly by having T Rich. The only thing we can't see much is your depth at WR after those 4. On a WR bye week, you could start 2 TE's though if you don't have a WR5 that you want to play.

Not part of this, and wondering if this is as lopsided to most as I see it?Team A gives: Eli, Foster, Tate, Maclin, BranchTeam B gives: Freeman, Mathews, LeShoure, Harvin, Little
Looks like a bad deal to me. Eli > Freeman. Foster >>> Mathews. Tate > LeShoure (we'll see how LeShoure comes back this year). The only place Team A improves are the WR in Maclin vs. Harvin, I like Havrin more. And I'd prefer Little over Branch as well.

Not part of this, and wondering if this is as lopsided to most as I see it?Team A gives: Eli, Foster, Tate, Maclin, BranchTeam B gives: Freeman, Mathews, LeShoure, Harvin, Little
Looks like a bad deal to me. Eli > Freeman. Foster >>> Mathews. Tate > LeShoure (we'll see how LeShoure comes back this year). The only place Team A improves are the WR in Maclin vs. Harvin, I like Havrin more. And I'd prefer Little over Branch as well.
I don't think it's that bad IF the guy giving up Eli has a good QB in case Freeman doesn't rebound. Branch to me is almost worthless in dynasty, and I'm pretty high on Little.

I don't think it's that bad IF the guy giving up Eli has a good QB in case Freeman doesn't rebound. Branch to me is almost worthless in dynasty, and I'm pretty high on Little.
I made the trade and i have Rodgers

I made the trade and i have Rodgers
lol, that's a pretty good backup QB ;) I think the trade is fine then if you need WRs.

'jeter23 said:
'gianmarco said:
Calvin side by a ton
Zero margin for error here; Ingram has to be a horse and Criner has to be your WR3 in due time for this to be an even trade. Really not a fan.

12 team PPRTeam A gave up:Dwyer, Jonathan PIT RBMendenhall, Rashard PIT RBRedman, Isaac PIT RBTeam B gave up:Year 2013 Round 1 Draft Pick from Team B(though hard to predict a year out, perhaps in the 1.6 - 1.9 range)
Dont like this trade at all for the guy giving up mendenhall. Surely he could have done better than a mid first in two years. Doesn't make much sense to me.And redman should be atleast serviceable in his stead
:goodposting:

Anyone want to throw out an opinion as to what they think Tony Romo is worth in a non-PPR league in terms of rookie picks?I don't know why but he really seems undervalued by the fantasy community.
Assuming standard scoring and that you're looking to acquire him as your QB1, I would say he's worth a 1.09/1.10 pick.

By the end of next season, we may be removing at least 2 of the >s.

Calvin side by a ton
I get the 'Calvin is untouchable' thinking since I own him in a few spots and wouldn't trade him for anything short of king's random, but to jwb's point... what's the sense in running with his same team and not winning? Even with Calvin's monster season, jwb finished 4th to last. He needs a shake up on his roster to pull it back around and climb the rankings.It seems that we're acting like Marshall and Ingram are trash/average. Marshall continues to produce ~top 10 (normalizing for missed games in '10). It's also a nice time to buy low on Ingram with many overly sour on him. Personally, I would have pushed for the #4 devy to be out of the deal (that's my issue with this deal and why I wouldn't have pulled the trigger), but overall I don't have a huge problem with it.Ingram clearly needs to work out and consistently produce for this to be successful for jwb and there's obviously risk there. If Ingram turns out to be a top 10 back for a number of years and Marshall continues to hover around WR#10 --- I don't think it's a terrible deal.I get the little margin for error JP made above which clearly puts the risk in jwb's lap (not sure I agree on Criner being a key piece though), but I'm not as down on it as most seem to be. Would I havetargeted a guy like Blackmon+ or Richardson+? Yeah... but with the hype around rookies, I doubt you're getting a solid piece back. It was better to go after the year old guys who may have struggled some.

Users who are viewing this thread