What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG Playoff Contest this year? (1 Viewer)

benbadman

Footballguy
Dear FBG Staff:

Will there be another salary cap style playoff contest for this year? Like the subscriber contest but just for the 12 playoff teams, 2 players per team scored each week, unlimited in super bowl.

Thanks again for the great, championship-winning content

Ben

This is the big story pre-postseason! Forget about all the Polian/Colts/Luck talk... :popcorn:

Due out tonight:

Tuesday Night, January 1st

Game Predictor - Dodds

Week P1 Projections - Dodds/Norton

Cheatsheets/Rankings - Dodds/Norton

Cheatsheets/Rankings (PPR) - Dodds/Norton

Custom Cheatsheets/MyFBG - Drinen

Playoff Rankings - Bloom

Playoff Cheatsheets - Dodds

Playoff Cheatsheets (PPR) - Dodds

Playoff Top 130 - Dodds

Playoff Top 130 (PPR) - Dodds

Playoff Contest Rules

Playoff Contest Entry

Custom Postseason Cheatsheets - Gray

Players in the News - Gray/Bryant
Should be out Thursday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now pushed to Wednesday morning

Wednesday Early Morning, January 2nd

Playoff Top 130 - Dodds

Playoff Contest Rules

Playoff Contest Entry

Should be out Thursday.

Either this contest fell vicitim to New Years falling on a Tuesday, or FanDuel also payed for an extra awesome NYE. :o

Due out tonight:

Tuesday Night, January 1st

Game Predictor - Dodds

Week P1 Projections - Dodds/Norton

Cheatsheets/Rankings - Dodds/Norton

Cheatsheets/Rankings (PPR) - Dodds/Norton

Custom Cheatsheets/MyFBG - Drinen

Playoff Rankings - Bloom

Playoff Top 130 - Dodds

Playoff Contest Rules

Playoff Contest Entry

Players in the News - Gray/Bryant
Should be out Thursday.
Now pushed to Wednesday morning

Wednesday Early Morning, January 2nd

Playoff Top 130 - Dodds

Playoff Contest Rules

Playoff Contest Entry

Should be out Thursday.
:goodposting:

Nobody ever wants to talk strategy before the deadline, but screw it. That's half the fun.

Looking at last year's winners, they obviously all picked the right Superbowl matchup but also lucked out with the Giants having played in week 1. There wasn't really much dead weight on the winning teams.

The darling wild card pick this year will undoubtedly be Seattle, but if a wild card team does not end up playing in the Superbowl, then the winning teams will look fairly different from last year.

Nobody ever wants to talk strategy before the deadline, but screw it. That's half the fun.

Looking at last year's winners, they obviously all picked the right Superbowl matchup but also lucked out with the Giants having played in week 1. There wasn't really much dead weight on the winning teams.

The darling wild card pick this year will undoubtedly be Seattle, but if a wild card team does not end up playing in the Superbowl, then the winning teams will look fairly different from last year.
I had a long post typed out in response, but decided that I would rather be one of those guys that refuses to talk strategy until it is closed. :)

Nobody ever wants to talk strategy before the deadline, but screw it. That's half the fun.Looking at last year's winners, they obviously all picked the right Superbowl matchup but also lucked out with the Giants having played in week 1. There wasn't really much dead weight on the winning teams. The darling wild card pick this year will undoubtedly be Seattle, but if a wild card team does not end up playing in the Superbowl, then the winning teams will look fairly different from last year.
This contest is 60% picking winning teams, 40% picking fantasy players.

Nobody ever wants to talk strategy before the deadline, but screw it. That's half the fun.Looking at last year's winners, they obviously all picked the right Superbowl matchup but also lucked out with the Giants having played in week 1. There wasn't really much dead weight on the winning teams. The darling wild card pick this year will undoubtedly be Seattle, but if a wild card team does not end up playing in the Superbowl, then the winning teams will look fairly different from last year.
This contest is 60% picking winning teams, 40% picking fantasy players.
"The Contest is a game of skill." :lol:

This one seems much harder than the normal contest.

I basically loaded up on guys that I think will represent the two super bowl teams, as well as players that are on the wild card teams that I think will win.

If I get lucky enough to make it to the super bowl and if the two teams I think will be there are there, the trophy is MINE.

My advice is to take only Kickers and Defenses. No really I have always had problems with the playoff contest, hard to judge what the cutline will be in week 1 just to play it safe and get to week 2.

My advice is to take only Kickers and Defenses. No really I have always had problems with the playoff contest, hard to judge what the cutline will be in week 1 just to play it safe and get to week 2.
Just go for solid studs each week. When you submit your lineup for week 2, you can start over with solid week 2 studs.

Just go for solid studs each week. When you submit your lineup for week 2, you can start over with solid week 2 studs.
Wait ...isn't this the roster for the entire playoffs? Are you messin'?

I really enjoy the contest thread banter, whether it is strategy related or just rattling off opinions. The contest and this thread is all good.

Wait ...isn't this the roster for the entire playoffs? Are you messin'?

Users who are viewing this thread