What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

LB Keepers for 2012 (1 Viewer)

mrredskin

Footballguy
D'Qwell, Derrick Johnson, Barnett, and Sean Lee. Pretty standard IDP scoring. $5 a keeper. Can start 2 and have a third at DP spot. No limit as to how many I retain.

D'Qwell for sure. Johnson seems worthy. Lee came out of nowhere this year, but solid going forward? Probably putting Barnett back out to the wolves.

I was in a similar situation as you and ended up tossing Barnett back. Buffalo is in for some defensive changes this year with their new DC and I'm unsure where Barnett will fit in regarding productivity. Barnett also started to lose steam towards the end of the year and some other LB's were picking up more tackles. My keepers I settled with we're D'Quell, Sean Lee, and Jon Beason.

The ones you kept have more upside than Barnett going forward, at least right now. That's not to say that Barnett might continue to be productive, but I just don't feel his Dynasty outlook is better over the ones you listed.

Last edited by a moderator:
D'Qwell, Derrick Johnson, Barnett, and Sean Lee. Pretty standard IDP scoring. $5 a keeper. Can start 2 and have a third at DP spot. No limit as to how many I retain.D'Qwell for sure. Johnson seems worthy. Lee came out of nowhere this year, but solid going forward? Probably putting Barnett back out to the wolves.
As long as D'Qwell re-signs with the Browns he is an attaractive keeper. I would go Lee and Johnson or Barnett before I went DQ though. This was his first injury free year and it was his contract year, we will see how it plays out.

D'Qwell, Derrick Johnson, Barnett, and Sean Lee. Pretty standard IDP scoring. $5 a keeper. Can start 2 and have a third at DP spot. No limit as to how many I retain.D'Qwell for sure. Johnson seems worthy. Lee came out of nowhere this year, but solid going forward? Probably putting Barnett back out to the wolves.
As long as D'Qwell re-signs with the Browns he is an attaractive keeper. I would go Lee and Johnson or Barnett before I went DQ though. This was his first injury free year and it was his contract year, we will see how it plays out.
I'll have to respectfully disagree with you on DQ :) He was a legit LB even in 2009. He was also a good 30-40 points above the #2 ranked LB in my league around Week 15 this past season. Johnson finished top 6, I think, and Lee would have been top 10 or so if not for the injury.Forgot to add that this is a deep 10 team league.

I'll have to respectfully disagree with you on DQ :) He was a legit LB even in 2009. He was also a good 30-40 points above the #2 ranked LB in my league around Week 15 this past season. Johnson finished top 6, I think, and Lee would have been top 10 or so if not for the injury.Forgot to add that this is a deep 10 team league.
Disagreeing with me is fine, Lee actually was ranked higher than DJ before his injury.With DQ your time table is off a bit as he played 6 games in 2009 and 0 in 2010. As I said, it was his contract year and first year he had been healthy in some time. If he resigns, there is no reason to not expect similiar production.With Derrick Johnson we have to see who lands the new HC role and what scheme changes there will be, if any.Lee is the safest bet but if you don't have to declare until after FA begins then you should have 4 good options to choose from.With Wannstedt in BUF now, look for Sheppard to land the MLB and Barnett moves outside to a WLB spot.

I have Lee, and I like him plenty. But am I the only one who is worried that Bruce Carter could interfere somewhat...

'Packerz said:
I have Lee, and I like him plenty. But am I the only one who is worried that Bruce Carter could interfere somewhat...
I wouldn't worry about Carter if you're a Lee owner. But if you're counting on Bradie James for some reason I'd definitely be worried about Carter.

Disagreeing with me is fine, Lee actually was ranked higher than DJ before his injury.With DQ your time table is off a bit as he played 6 games in 2009 and 0 in 2010. As I said, it was his contract year and first year he had been healthy in some time. If he resigns, there is no reason to not expect similiar production.With Derrick Johnson we have to see who lands the new HC role and what scheme changes there will be, if any.Lee is the safest bet but if you don't have to declare until after FA begins then you should have 4 good options to choose from.With Wannstedt in BUF now, look for Sheppard to land the MLB and Barnett moves outside to a WLB spot.
Now that Crennel is in the fold, move Derrick Johnson back up to the top of the keepers list

Now that Crennel is in the fold, move Derrick Johnson back up to the top of the keepers list
I like DQ (if in CLE) and Johnson personally. but you can't go wrong with Lee either. Barnett is last for sure IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread