What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brock Osweiler (1 Viewer)

Ok, guys. If Peyton gets hurt and Osweiler takes over how do you think he'll fare? He's going to get hit, too, but will he be better than Manning has been in Kubiak's offense?
no idea how he'll do, but i believe there's some good upside there for a guy who's probably on the waiver wire in the vast majority of leagues.

Time to stash Brock:

DEN - Could QB Manning Exit Early?

Summary: Peyton Manning will start today. The league will stop the game after he gets his passing record. He is dealing with a couple of injuries though. It's pure speculation but ESPN's Chris Mortensen referenced Manning's injuries this morning and said, "If he struggles, don’t be surprised if Brock Osweiler starts warming up." This would be especially true if Denver gets out to an early lead. Dynasty owners are salivating today.

Time to stash Brock:

Summary: Peyton Manning will start today. The league will stop the game after he gets his passing record. He is dealing with a couple of injuries though. It's pure speculation but ESPN's Chris Mortensen referenced Manning's injuries this morning and said, "If he struggles, don’t be surprised if Brock Osweiler starts warming up." This would be especially true if Denver gets out to an early lead.Dynasty owners are salivating today.
Osweiler is a free agent after the year, not sure "salivating" is the right word. No guarantees he'll be the Denver starter, or anyone else's for that matter. Especially with so little game experience.

Time to stash Brock:

Summary: Peyton Manning will start today. The league will stop the game after he gets his passing record. He is dealing with a couple of injuries though. It's pure speculation but ESPN's Chris Mortensen referenced Manning's injuries this morning and said, "If he struggles, dont be surprised if Brock Osweiler starts warming up." This would be especially true if Denver gets out to an early lead.

Dynasty owners are salivating today.
Osweiler is a free agent after the year, not sure "salivating" is the right word. No guarantees he'll be the Denver starter, or anyone else's for that matter. Especially with so little game experience.
As a Peyton/Osweiler owner in one league I am hardly salivating. I acquired him this season more as a handcuff for this year than for the post-Peyton era. Brock's value in 2016 is a crapshoot. I think it is just as likely that Elway goes with another established vet or has an open competition for QB even if Brock resigns. I have no confidence he is a player I can count on as my starting QB and if trading wasn't closed in that league I would be trying to work some deal.

I see from the prior post Os in now in. Maybe we can get some idea of what he can do.

Doctor Detroit said:
mr roboto said:
Doctor Detroit said:
:tfp:

His footwork is horrendous. He's trying to get out of his own way and he's not good at it.
Maybe but he's got 2 TD drives and a bunch of scrambling yds. He keeps plays alive. Peyton goes into the fetal position.
Yeah, against prevent D.
This wasn't the best situation to really assess what oz will do when he gets the full time gig.

Time to stash Brock:

Summary: Peyton Manning will start today. The league will stop the game after he gets his passing record. He is dealing with a couple of injuries though. It's pure speculation but ESPN's Chris Mortensen referenced Manning's injuries this morning and said, "If he struggles, don’t be surprised if Brock Osweiler starts warming up." This would be especially true if Denver gets out to an early lead.Dynasty owners are salivating today.
Drooling puddles. With DT, Sanders, Vernon Davis, Latimer - all Osweiler has to be is competent and he's a top 10 candidate. And we got him virtually free. I picked him up during final cuts for a $1 FAAB min bid. He might not turn out to be competent, that remains to be seen, but this is a potential windfall. I guess if you had Manning and he was your emergency handcuff that's not so exciting, but those that sat on him hoping for something are pretty darn stoked right about now.

Doctor Detroit said:
mr roboto said:
Doctor Detroit said:

His footwork is horrendous. He's trying to get out of his own way and he's not good at it.
Maybe but he's got 2 TD drives and a bunch of scrambling yds. He keeps plays alive. Peyton goes into the fetal position.
Yeah, against prevent D.
This wasn't the best situation to really assess what oz will do when he gets the full time gig.
Not 100% on board with the prevent defense comment. It was still the 3rd QTR when Osweiler took over, no?

Granted, the dogs were probably not hunting as hard, but there was too much game left to simply allow Denver to march down and score every time they touched it.

Os was absolutely facing their strongest pass rush. Huston was teeing off on his guy. He evaded the rush a number of times when Manning would have collapsed. Those plays were directly a result of a young strong reasonably agile QB.

Doctor Detroit said:
mr roboto said:
Doctor Detroit said:

Yeah, against prevent D.
Not 100% on board with the prevent defense comment. It was still the 3rd QTR when Osweiler took over, no?

Granted, the dogs were probably not hunting as hard, but there was too much game left to simply allow Denver to march down and score every time they touched it.
My comment has more to do with the original game plan being presumably keyed to Peyton and not Oz's strength. While Oz is not Cam Newton, he's very different from Peyton. plus how much time do we think he had in practice with the receivers?

I'm keeping my expectations tempered for next week but I hope he shows enough to convince Elway to give him a contract and chance to start next year.

Instead of "salivating" about him playing, should the people who own him in dynasty leagues be looking to move him BEFORE he starts any games?

My thought is it could be a "sell high" situation now, before he (possibly) shows he's "just another guy".

Yes, I realize the opposite could happen but I just don't see that in him.

Instead of "salivating" about him playing, should the people who own him in dynasty leagues be looking to move him BEFORE he starts any games?

My thought is it could be a "sell high" situation now, before he (possibly) shows he's "just another guy".

why?

FUBAR said:

Yeah, against prevent D.

My comment has more to do with the original game plan being presumably keyed to Peyton and not Oz's strength. While Oz is not Cam Newton, he's very different from Peyton. plus how much time do we think he had in practice with the receivers?

I'm keeping my expectations tempered for next week but I hope he shows enough to convince Elway to give him a contract and chance to start next year.
while it's true that the KC defense didn't game-plan for Brock, it's also true that the Broncos didn't either. I believe that Brock is a much better fit for the pure Kubiak offense, and Kubes can now scrap that Manning/hybrid stuff they have been running lately.

it's also true that this is the first week in his career that Brock will get all of the starter reps.

why?
Good question.

Fwiw, he's my 3rd qb behind cam and Mariotta. I'll certainly trade him if the right offer comes. But then, our deadline is this week (presume many leagues have the same deadline) so it's very possible I don't get the chance to get decent value until the off season.

Maybe Latimer can sniff respectability now that Brock is in. They have shown some chemistry in the pre-season.

Admittedly, it was merely the pre-season.

Maybe Latimer can sniff respectability now that Brock is in. They have shown some chemistry in the pre-season.

Admittedly, it was merely the pre-season.
Might be on to something

If healthy you'd expect to see Sanders & DT eat up most of the targets, but backups often trust the guy they've worked with the most (e.g, another backup)

Snagged him dynasty. :popcorn:

(D.Thomas owner to boot)

There is a reason Elway snagged him in the second round. I trust that more than anything else I've read/seen.

Doctor Detroit said:
amnesiac said:
he's going to get the keys for the next 3 weeks minimum.

last chance to grab him cheap, imo.
I'm guessing he'll be pretty cheap by summer of 2016.
relative to his production for 2016? Probably.

in a dynasty? While I'm certainly not valuing him over Winston, Carr, MM, etc. he's in the same tier as Bridgewater, Bradford, and T2

so what's he worth in trades? Depends on the league obviously, but relative to other QBs or picks?

He's an unknown right now, but he's had plenty of time to learn the trade and has great WRs so it will be very interesting to see how he does.

Snagged him dynasty. :popcorn:

(D.Thomas owner to boot)

There is a reason Elway snagged him in the second round. I trust that more than anything else I've read/seen.
Was watching him all season, but didn't pick him up (16-team league with roster limits on QBs, so it's hard to stockpile). Wanted to grab him late and waited a week too long. :wall:

Doctor Detroit said:
amnesiac said:
he's going to get the keys for the next 3 weeks minimum.

last chance to grab him cheap, imo.
I'm guessing he'll be pretty cheap by summer of 2016.
who so down on the guy? i thought he improved quite a bit from what i've seen this year compared to last. opportunity is there and to better his game he needs the real reps which he'll get now.

Users who are viewing this thread