What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brock Osweiler (1 Viewer)

I lost some respect for Peyton this week. Was really surprised to see that he didn't travel with the team, now I know why he didn't.
what are your thoughts on Demarcus Ware not traveling with the team this week?
Slightly different. Peyton is basically the HUB of the offense and knows the intricacies of not only gary kubiak's systems, but probably a lot of John Fox's too. He's basically a quarter back coach and offensive coordinator in one and also knows certain tendencies of DT and Sanders (1st rep guys Brock hasn't gotten a whole of reps with besides this week). Vying for that first round bye is pretty enticing and if all manning wants to do is be a team player and win a superbowl, i'd think he'd of done something more.

PS QB is a leader position plain and simple

Last edited by a moderator:
Tool said:
BobbyLayne said:
Tool said:
New HC tried to bring in a player he's familiar with is my takeaway.
Ok.
Kubiak was the Ravens OC last year. He was named the Broncos coach the third week of January. In mid-February the Broncos tried to extend Osweiler because he was going into the final year of his contract. Didn't happen, he'll be a UFA in March 2016. A few weeks later they took a run at TT, no doubt at Kubiak's urging.

:shrug:

CR69 said:
I lost some respect for Peyton this week. Was really surprised to see that he didn't travel with the team, now I know why he didn't.
This is almost exactly how it went down with Favre/Rodgers and might actually be a gift. Maybe, like Rodgers, Osweiller will take this and turn it into motivation to become one of the greatest ever (like Rodgers).

Tool said:
BobbyLayne said:
Tool said:
Ok.
Kubiak was the Ravens OC last year. He was named the Broncos coach the third week of January. In mid-February the Broncos tried to extend Osweiler because he was going into the final year of his contract. Didn't happen, he'll be a UFA in March 2016. A few weeks later they took a run at TT, no doubt at Kubiak's urging.

if they liked osweiller, they wouldn't have tried to sign Taylor. Broncos are in trouble.

Tool said:
BobbyLayne said:
Tool said:
Ok.
Kubiak was the Ravens OC last year. He was named the Broncos coach the third week of January. In mid-February the Broncos tried to extend Osweiler because he was going into the final year of his contract. Didn't happen, he'll be a UFA in March 2016. A few weeks later they took a run at TT, no doubt at Kubiak's urging. :shrug:
if they liked osweiller, they wouldn't have tried to sign Taylor. Broncos are in trouble.
Did you miss the part about not getting a deal done with Osweiler?

Tool said:
BobbyLayne said:
Tool said:
Ok.
Kubiak was the Ravens OC last year. He was named the Broncos coach the third week of January. In mid-February the Broncos tried to extend Osweiler because he was going into the final year of his contract. Didn't happen, he'll be a UFA in March 2016. A few weeks later they took a run at TT, no doubt at Kubiak's urging. :shrug:
no

Tool said:
BobbyLayne said:
Tool said:
Ok.
no
Name checks out.

Tool said:
BobbyLayne said:
Tool said:
Ok.

Tyrod Taylor is good. Not sure why that would be a slight to Osweiler.

3quinox said:
CR69 said:
Slightly different. Peyton is basically the HUB of the offense and knows the intricacies of not only gary kubiak's systems, but probably a lot of John Fox's too. He's basically a quarter back coach and offensive coordinator in one and also knows certain tendencies of DT and Sanders (1st rep guys Brock hasn't gotten a whole of reps with besides this week). Vying for that first round bye is pretty enticing and if all manning wants to do is be a team player and win a superbowl, i'd think he'd of done something more.

yeah, I don't have a problem with Manning not going. this is a manufactured story which grew legs in Boston for some reason. Manning is not a coach and thus doesn't need to take the OC or HC's position by coaching the Kubiak offense, which I'm not sure Manning has a firm grasp of to begin with. As far as knowing Gase's offense, that' fine in the weekly prep leading up to the game. Once the game begins, what is expected? again, that's what Wade Phillips is for. DeMarcus Ware really does know Wade's D inside and out, but you don't expect him to travel while expecting Manning to? The logic that it's fine for one aging team leader to stay home while injured but not the other doesn't make sense imo.

as for the post script, Ware is a leader of the d too.

There's no problem with the injured guys staying home. It's a manufactured story that people are choosing to run with for whatever reason. Identical situations to players on both side of the ball, but some ppl are up in arms over one situation and not the other...go figure.

Manning “hasn’t attended any practices or meetings this week and hasn’t had a single conversation about Sunday’s game plan with Brock Osweiler,” according to Palmer.
Real team player.

this is why brady > manning :yes:

manning is a pretend to be humble but really is a selfish play for myself and get as many records as i can get kind of player. and he needs that because he's not a winner like tom brady who plays for championships and gets them.

manning has been a very good qb but his days have been over for a while now. i'm glad others are finally starting to see what some of us saw last year. the real truth is about to happen as osweiler kicks this offense in gear and starts making it perform much better.

Manning hasnt attended any practices or meetings this week and hasnt had a single conversation about Sundays game plan with Brock Osweiler, according to Palmer.
Real team player.
yeah, that's a bigger deal than not making the trip imo.
That quote is from the article I replied to above. My loss of respect Manning is from everything that happened this week. I thought it was weird that he didn't travel, but that article explained the back story. Basically, he's an #######.

3quinox said:
CR69 said:

yeah, I don't have a problem with Manning not going. this is a manufactured story which grew legs in Boston for some reason. Manning is not a coach and thus doesn't need to take the OC or HC's position by coaching the Kubiak offense, which I'm not sure Manning has a firm grasp of to begin with. As far as knowing Gase's offense, that' fine in the weekly prep leading up to the game. Once the game begins, what is expected? again, that's what Wade Phillips is for. DeMarcus Ware really does know Wade's D inside and out, but you don't expect him to travel while expecting Manning to? The logic that it's fine for one aging team leader to stay home while injured but not the other doesn't make sense imo.

as for the post script, Ware is a leader of the d too.

There's no problem with the injured guys staying home. It's a manufactured story that people are choosing to run with for whatever reason. Identical situations to players on both side of the ball, but some ppl are up in arms over one situation and not the other...go figure.
In this instance we just disagree then. I don't really care he's missing the trip, I was just stating Manning and Ware's situations are drastically different within the context. Please lets not split hairs and say QB and OLB are of equivalent value in THIS case. Outside Linebacker is valuable, but Ware isn't the ray lewis-heart -and-soul of that D and you don't have interviewers asking Kubiak if he'll scale back the defensive plan for Ware's replacement, Shaquil Barrett. If, say, Barret WAS given a heavy responsibility that could be game changing, I'd hope Ware would make an effort to go on the trip. Barret however has already started with Ware being out once. This is why I lost some respect for manning and not Ware for staying back, it's not the same situation on both sides of the ball.

PS.I'm not saying Manning needs to be the coach or OC, i'm just saying he basically is one. We all know his football IQ is off the charts and he can pick apart defensive reads and changes. Having that guy in the kid's ear would be a huge help in a game setting. Big ben did the same for Landry.

Manning “hasn’t attended any practices or meetings this week and hasn’t had a single conversation about Sunday’s game plan with Brock Osweiler,” according to Palmer.
Real team player.
yeah, that's a bigger deal than not making the trip imo.
Why don't you go actually read what Manning said, instead of listening to a reporter in Boston of all places.

CR69 said:
This is almost exactly how it went down with Favre/Rodgers and might actually be a gift. Maybe, like Rodgers, Osweiller will take this and turn it into motivation to become one of the greatest ever (like Rodgers).
You think that's the reason for Rodger's' success?

I would be pretty damn happy if he came through with 200 yards and a TD against the Bears.
I'd laugh my ### off if he goes 300/3 and rocks it the rest of the year while Manning pouts
Osweiler has the weapons at WR to put up solid numbers. I would not be surprised if takes Peyton's job. I would be more surprised if he did not. Take away the name and Peyton would have been benched 5 weeks ago.

Peyton deserves better than to go down like this. If he's not upset he's a better man than I.

He had a chance to set the record in indy in front of a crowd that has paid huge ticket prices to celebrate it with him and came up a few yards short because a teammate committed one of the dumbest penalties possible.

Then he sets the record the next game and has his worst outing ever, and he plays so badly that his worst fears came true (they benched him after his first bad outing after setting the record).

And now the team that was built around him to help him get one last chance at a ring is going to be led by the future face of the franchise instead.

If you think you'd pick up the phone and say Brock I've got a few ideas for you let me see if I can help, then good for you. But this is a tough spot for him and totally uncharted territory for a guy who's never not been the man.

This doesn't come as a surprise to anybody that watched Peyton pouting on the sidelines after getting pulled last week.

Die hard Bronco's fan who has been behind Peyton all year, but now I hope the guy sits the rest of the year and just goes away.

What a pos. Lets go Brock!!!!!!

manning is a pretend to be humble but really is a selfish play for myself and get as many records as i can get kind of player. and he needs that because he's not a winner like tom brady who plays for championships and gets them.

manning has been a very good qb but his days have been over for a while now. i'm glad others are finally starting to see what some of us saw last year. the real truth is about to happen as osweiler kicks this offense in gear and starts making it perform much better.
LOL, yeah, a guy who has been MVP 5 times and All-Pro first team 7 times, has only been very good. :lmao: :lmao:

Peyton deserves better than to go down like this. If he's not upset he's a better man than I.

He had a chance to set the record in indy in front of a crowd that has paid huge ticket prices to celebrate it with him and came up a few yards short because a teammate committed one of the dumbest penalties possible.

Then he sets the record the next game and has his worst outing ever, and he plays so badly that his worst fears came true (they benched him after his first bad outing after setting the record).

And now the team that was built around him to help him get one last chance at a ring is going to be led by the future face of the franchise instead.

If you think you'd pick up the phone and say Brock I've got a few ideas for you let me see if I can help, then good for you. But this is a tough spot for him and totally uncharted territory for a guy who's never not been the man.
Nice yarn you spin but this whole narrative is entirely focused on Peyton. There are 52 players plus dozens of coaches, trainers, practice squad guys, ownership etc. who have to, you know, try to win. I'm sure Peyton thinks about this through the same lens you've presented though.

Should I assume form these remarks that if your Boss asks you to train your replacement that everybody here would do it joyfully?

Great start. Cold, on the road, crappy field.

He has a weird release though. Not sure if it's bad or just weird looking.

looked decent, stats were alright. Ultimately not definitive as to his future. He certainly deserves the chance to start next year unless he falls apart.

It will be interesting to see what happens if Peyton gets healthy.

looked decent, stats were alright. Ultimately not definitive as to his future. He certainly deserves the chance to start next year unless he falls apart.

It will be interesting to see what happens if Peyton gets healthy.
Peyton ain't getting healthy. People and the media just want to see him return because he's one of, if not, the all time best at the position. He has limited feeling in his hands and his arm strength is gone. Denver can not proceed with Peyton and expect to win. Their best course of action would now be to place him on IR and move on. It's not the ideal situation for anyone but Denver isn't the one pressing the issue, Peyton is. He knows he isn't what he physically was even a year ago. It's just stubbornness. Sorry man, Father Time always wins.

Neither is humble and they both are selfish. You don't get to this point if you're not. When the end is near they all show their true colors.

Random thoughts on Osweiler (to the tune of Nationwide)

Brock Osweiler looked okay

Two TDs and zero picks

Keep in mind this was the Bears

Next up is the Patriots

Peyton take some time to rest

Hasn't looked good in awhile

Recalculating Denver's 'O'

Chicken Parm you taste so good . . .

Users who are viewing this thread