What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brock Osweiler (3 Viewers)

Random thoughts on Osweiler (to the tune of Nationwide)

Brock Osweiler looked okay

Two TDs and zero picks

Keep in mind this was the Bears

Next up is the Patriots

Peyton take some time to rest

Hasn't looked good in awhile

Recalculating Denver's 'O'

Chicken Parm you taste so good . . .
Good stuff... and same theme...

Kubiak slept well last night.

Random thoughts on Osweiler (to the tune of Nationwide)

Brock Osweiler looked okay

Two TDs and zero picks

Keep in mind this was the Bears

Next up is the Patriots

Peyton take some time to rest

Hasn't looked good in awhile

Recalculating Denver's 'O'

Chicken Parm you taste so good . . .
Since the bye week, the #Bears defense is allowing 14.6 points per game (over five games).Bears D isn't horrible

Really intrigued by this situation and I have no idea how it turns out. Logically if Osweiller plays well, they stick with him. But is that how Peyton's career ends? Hard to imagine.

This week will be the test imo. If he plays really well and they beat the Pats, there is no way they go back to Peyton. A mediocre performance and/or a loss leaves the door open for Peyton to come back once healthy, just because he's Peyton. Which unfortunately probably leads to another injury and/or benching, which is just sad to watch.

NFL network on this guys jock. Yeah they won the game but color me unimpressed. The Denver defense showed why they are dominant.

NFL network on this guys jock. Yeah they won the game but color me unimpressed. The Denver defense showed why they are dominant.
He made quite a few mistakes, like taking that sack that cost them a FG attempt in the 1st Q, but he did a lot of good things, too. That go-ahead drive at the end of the 4th was pretty impressive.

He made quite a few mistakes, like taking that sack that cost them a FG attempt in the 1st Q, but he did a lot of good things, too. That go-ahead drive at the end of the 4th was pretty impressive.
Yup but too many bad decisions. I'm unimpressed but also intrigued. This team could do some damage with a competent QB. Looking forward to next week.

kid delivered when it mattered most. no one else in the league has beaten them. ill take it for a tough test against the pats

In his first start, he goes on the road and beats the suddenly relevant Bears. In his second career start, he puts up 30 points on the #1 scoring D, beating the undefeated SB champs, getting to job done in the clutch, hitting a go-ahead TD pass inside 2 minutes.

I think that's pretty impressive.

He's not Aaron Rodgers (yet anyway) but what would it take for a qb in two games to impress you? Apparently beating (one of) the best team in the league doesn't do it. The Broncos d gave up 24 points, so it's not like they shut Tom down.

He needs to get more time with DT, but otherwise he did very well. He has room to improve but the Broncos have their qb of the future and possibly ros.

He's obviously raw as expected, but he's better than 2015 Peyton. He seems to have given the team a spark. Would be really stupid to go back to Peyton now.

Playing defense and running the football... the Broncos are where they need to be now.

I like Peyton's chances of winning that 2nd ring a lot better with him holding a clipboard.

He's obviously raw as expected, but he's better than 2015 Peyton. He seems to have given the team a spark. Would be really stupid to go back to Peyton now.
I honestly think it has more to do with the addition of Vernon Davis and the absence of Manning that has led to their improvement more than anything else. You can put any QB back there at this point and it is all the same. The addition of Davis finally has the Broncos looking like the Kubiak offense we saw down in Houston and the absence of Manning means the HC can actually do what he wants.

Does anyone think Kubiak was brought in for Brock's development and not for Manning? Even a healthy Manning doesn't fit well with Kubiaks system.

It's hard to say if Brock is going to be good after seeing him in two tough spots. a road win vs Chi - Bears actually have a top 10 pass D (in terms of NY/A) and haven't allowed more than 23 points since their bye, so that win may have actually been higher quality than folks realized. Getting the W last night was great, but a lot of that was courtesy of the running game.

Now, Brock's presence certainly helps the running game (when compared to Manning's pistol/shotgun), but Brock certainly isn't the only QB capable of going under center. It's really hard to say if the teams improvement (and getting the W) is a function of Brocks positive play, or simply they don't have the negative of Manning.

Still, here are Brocks stats for the last 10 minutes Q4 and OT, against a top 10 passing D: 7-12 (58.3%), 121 yards, 1 TD, 0 int, QB rating of 120.5.

the man took the ball down by 2 TD's in the 4th quarter, against an undefeated defending SB champ on national TV, and was great. He led two TD drives (36 and 83 yards), and a FG drive (52 yards). Demaryius Thomas, by the way, had 5 missed targets during that stretch, which, IMO, makes Brocks performance that more impressive. If the normally reliable DT has even an average game, things would have been even better.

mr roboto said:
Does anyone think Kubiak was brought in for Brock's development and not for Manning? Even a healthy Manning doesn't fit well with Kubiaks system.
Any time you hire a coach you look at it as hopefully a long-term proposition. Everyone knows Manning has little time left so, sure, that would be reasonable to think and Osweiler does fit the bill for a Kubiak system QB.

moleculo said:
It's hard to say if Brock is going to be good after seeing him in two tough spots. a road win vs Chi - Bears actually have a top 10 pass D (in terms of NY/A) and haven't allowed more than 23 points since their bye, so that win may have actually been higher quality than folks realized. Getting the W last night was great, but a lot of that was courtesy of the running game.

Now, Brock's presence certainly helps the running game (when compared to Manning's pistol/shotgun), but Brock certainly isn't the only QB capable of going under center. It's really hard to say if the teams improvement (and getting the W) is a function of Brocks positive play, or simply they don't have the negative of Manning.

Still, here are Brocks stats for the last 10 minutes Q4 and OT, against a top 10 passing D: 7-12 (58.3%), 121 yards, 1 TD, 0 int, QB rating of 120.5.

the man took the ball down by 2 TD's in the 4th quarter, against an undefeated defending SB champ on national TV, and was great. He led two TD drives (36 and 83 yards), and a FG drive (52 yards). Demaryius Thomas, by the way, had 5 missed targets during that stretch, which, IMO, makes Brocks performance that more impressive. If the normally reliable DT has even an average game, things would have been even better.
I thought his footwork and mechanics were good last night for the most part. His weaknesses are correctable flaws. With that defense, he's not going to be asked to put the team on his back very often.

That said, I hope he plays lights out and Peyton does not come back. He gives the Broncos the best chance to win IMO.

Reminds me of Flacco - big tall in the pocket. Takes the hit - uses strength more than feet to stay upright. The throws to DT and Sanders at the end reminded me of Flacco passes - longer downfield attempts with a lot of air. Flacco and Kubiak did OK together - I think Brock has that ceiling.

As a Bronco fan I could live with it.

So Manning missed the game? He had nothing to contribute on the sidelines?
Osweiler said Manning had a list of things to discuss at halftime and provided valuable input that helped them win the game. He's wide-eyed and rah-rah and says all the right things, so who knows how accurate that is.

mr roboto said:
That's the most positive thing. One guy has his arrow pointing up (figure he will get better). The other guy is obviously pointing down.

Reminds me of Flacco - big tall in the pocket. Takes the hit - uses strength more than feet to stay upright. The throws to DT and Sanders at the end reminded me of Flacco passes - longer downfield attempts with a lot of air. Flacco and Kubiak did OK together - I think Brock has that ceiling.

Given the lack of quality QBs, I'd be thrilled to have him. I think Cleveland, Houston, SF, Jets, Rams, etc. would trade for him in a second.

Given the lack of quality QBs, I'd be thrilled to have him. I think Cleveland, Houston, SF, Jets, Rams, etc. would trade for him in a second.
Trade deadline is over. Brock is a free agent at the end of the season, assuming Denver doesn't re-sign him over the next few weeks. As Kubiak keeps saying: He's taking advantage of his opportunity right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trade deadline is over. Brock is a free agent at the end of the season, assuming Denver doesn't re-sign him over the next few weeks. As Kubiak keeps saying: He's taking advantage of his opportunity right now.
LOL, yeah I meant they would if they could, obviously. And obviously Denver isn't letting him get away.

The Raiders are actually a pretty good team but oz has to do better in these remaining minutes.

He was betrayed by several bad drops, but him missing a wide open Virgil Green in the end zone at the end of the first half looms large. You cannot miss throws like that.

Users who are viewing this thread