What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2020 Michigan Football*** (2 Viewers)

Tom Stroebel so good, he doesn't fit into one profile...

BTW, how many of these kids are from Ohio? How many from Michigan?

:popcorn:

Tom Stroebel so good, he doesn't fit into one profile...BTW, how many of these kids are from Ohio? How many from Michigan? :popcorn:
If we don't count Stroebel twice... Pretty sure its 9 OH, 7 Mich.eta: Chris Bryant was last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tom Stroebel so good, he doesn't fit into one profile...BTW, how many of these kids are from Ohio? How many from Michigan? :popcorn:
If we don't count Stroebel twice... Pretty sure its 9 OH, 7 Mich.eta: Chris Bryant was last year.
:bag: Fixed....this means I'm missing two. ETA: Jeremy Clark was one....the other was Terry Richardson...how the heck could I forget him!!

Looking forward to the Bama-Michigan game! Always great to get 2 of the best teams of all time together. College football is a better place with Michigan winning games. You guys have a great coach, and that's the key to college football. Good luck on a great recruiting finish, and maybe I'll bump into some of you in Dallas. Should be exciting!

i know its way early, but watching last's game. We aren't ready fpr that yet :scared:
Yeah...still a year or two away. I really wish the Alabama game was the following year. However, I suspect that game would be another 9-6 snoozer type of game if Mattison continues to improve the defense like he has. He has some great talent coming in for 2012. Will be fun to watch them, but my expectations haven't changed because of this year.

i know its way early, but watching last's game. We aren't ready fpr that yet :scared:
Yeah...still a year or two away. I really wish the Alabama game was the following year. However, I suspect that game would be another 9-6 snoozer type of game if Mattison continues to improve the defense like he has. He has some great talent coming in for 2012. Will be fun to watch them, but my expectations haven't changed because of this year.
I'm hoping a lot of this years Bama team is in the NFL next year. Might help a little.

Not a surprise but Denard is coming back. Its official.

Thank you, Tebow.

####### Stonum. WR's not going to be pretty this year.
:goodposting: He had way more chances than I would have given him. I'm not sure if there is a quality WR left in this recruiting season that Michigan has a legit shot at.
I read that they are visiting Payton tomorrow... but I would guess he's following his recruiter to Washington. Monty Madaris is on campus this weekend... get him and it's a double win because he's also looking at state.

####### Stonum. WR's not going to be pretty this year.
:goodposting: He had way more chances than I would have given him. I'm not sure if there is a quality WR left in this recruiting season that Michigan has a legit shot at.
I read that they are visiting Payton tomorrow... but I would guess he's following his recruiter to Washington. Monty Madaris is on campus this weekend... get him and it's a double win because he's also looking at state.
Madaris was my first thought as realistic. It would be awesome to get Payton, but I just don't think it will happen. How much attention did they pay to Madaris prior to now? From the limited reading I've done on him, it's been an up and down relationship at best with him.

With all due respect to Mr. Stacey - I think this is probably a good thing for MI. He was the lowest rated OL committed. And it opens a spot for a higher rated guy.
I wish him the best but I can't say I disagree. With the rumors really heating up around Diamond and Garnett I'm still optimistic for a strong finish. I also read that Reeves has officially decommitted from PSU and is down to OSU and UM. Hoke was in home with him yesterday, Meyer today and Mattison tomorrow and that's it (I think that's right)

Landed Henry earlier this week....a 3/4* DT and just last night a pleasant surprise in 4* RB Norfleet. A couple spots left for "surprises" :thumbup:

I had grand plans of updating the LOIs but let's be honest, that's a lot of work and I'm lazy :bag:

Signed LOI
Just sign the guys who have verballed and its a hell of a classJordan Diamond is really the last player to get and I think they are in good shape for him. Of course I have said that about Grant and Garnett and they didnt get either of them.

Who thought they'd be pulling in a top 3 class a year ago? Awesome. Diamond and maybe one more surprise would be icing.

Who thought they'd be pulling in a top 3 class a year ago? Awesome. Diamond and maybe one more surprise would be icing.
Everyone's signed except for Diamond (announcing Feb3) and the "mystery player" (presumably Kozan) :thumbup:
Anyone else worried about losing Diamond?
Losing? They never had him imoKid is a head case...I would take Kozan and be happy.
If it is one or the other sure. It could be neither.

Everyone's signed except for Diamond (announcing Feb3) and the "mystery player" (presumably Kozan) :thumbup:
Losing? They never had him imoKid is a head case...I would take Kozan and be happy.
Why do you say he is a head case?

If it is one or the other sure. It could be neither.
If they don't add a another person, I am 100% satisfied with this class. They did an awesome job. I don't think they will get Diamond. He's been all over the place and if they can get Kozan because of that, it's icing to me.

Another big event coming to The Big House:

Ann Arbor— The University of Michigan is in final negotiations with the NHL to hold the Winter Classic outdoor hockey game at Michigan Stadium on Jan. 1, 2013.

Michigan stands to gain $3 million from the NHL lease to host the game between the Red Wings and Toronto Maple Leafs at noon on New Year's Day. The NHL hopes to break the hockey attendance record of 104,173, set Dec. 11, 2010, when Michigan hosted Michigan State.

Michigan's Board of Regents approved the proposal during a special meeting Wednesday morning that most regents attended via conference call. Michigan athletic director Dave Brandon said the contract, that he's been working on since November, should be finalized "soon."

While liquor is not served on the Michigan campus, a liquor license will be obtained for the event because Michigan state law allows the university a dozen, one-day licenses. The NHL will have advertising and other sponsorship agreements throughout the stadium. There is no advertising at Michigan Stadium for football games.

Regent S. Martin Taylor, who said he "enthusiastically supports" the leasing, said there should be no issue with liquor being sold at the event.

"We're not doing it. It's not a student affair," Taylor said via conference call. "It's an outside third party, and I think as the stadium becomes more well-known and more amenities are used, we'll probably be doing this in the future, and I think that's good."

Brandon said the event could generate more than the $14 million economic impact for the region that is provided by home Michigan football games.

Brandon said the negotiations had been more complicated than he could have imagined simply because Michigan is coordinating with another entity. But with Michigan Stadium sitting empty after the final regular-season football game, Brandon said it is impossible not to look at other ways to generate income.

"On Jan. 1, 2013, the campus is fundamentally closed down, school is out," Brandon said. "I personally hope to be at a really terrific bowl game.

"It's going to be an exciting opportunity for us to host a huge event. I know the NHL is hell-bent to break the record we set at the Big Chill, and I hope they do … because then we're going to come back and have another hockey game and break their record."

Michigan Stadium set a football attendance record last fall when 114,804 attended the Michigan-Notre Dame meeting in the first night game at the stadium.

Decided to check in on activities from the weekend and the fish seem to be jumping into the boat. Two OTs, a CB and a RB/DE (every confused on this one). All seem to be 4* caliber.

And I missed Chris Fox(OT) and Taco Charlton(LB). They are coming in so fast, mgoblog is having problems keeping up. I had to expand horizons :lol:

let's not get too excited about these super-early verbal commitments.
Why not?
everything is subject to change this early
Under other coaches, I would understand this, but it appears to be different with Hoke. These guys seem to love him and when they make up their minds, it's done. This past year, I think they lost two guys? One because he wasn't forth coming with the coaching staff and the other because he saw the writing on the wall when it came to opportunity.

Users who are viewing this thread