What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2020 Michigan Football*** (1 Viewer)

They lost another commitment as well. 4 star cornerback out of Virginia
His comments:

"I wanted to be a part of a program that knows what it takes to win and the players and coaches develop that culture. I felt like Michigan lost that while watching them play," Taylor said. "As well as the fact that I felt like Michigan wouldn't put me in the best position to get to the next level after college, especially with the problems they've had in developing their players."
OUCH!

Dave Brandon resigns!! They should have done it right and had Brady Hoke resign at the same time.

Class move having Taylor Lewan on the sidelines yesterday.

"Oh, you're in town to plea out your assault and drunk/disorderly cases? sure, come and hang out around the team on Saturday."

:thumbdown:

Peppers taking a medical redshirt it seems. Does this mean, they believe he'll stay all four years? If not, why waste a medical redshirt on him? :oldunsure:

Florida got rid of Muschamp. How long after Ohio State will Hoke get canned? On the trip home?
I would leave him at the truck stop nearest the Ohio/Michigan border.
Michigan should can Hoke right before the OSU game.
After the motivational stunt they pulled prior to the game in 2006, I wouldn't put anything past Michigan.
I shouldn't laugh but :lmao:
:goodposting: Not sure it's a MSU fan or OSU fan, but I feel for those with such stinky bait. Poor guy's been trolling for a while now.

For Devin: it's still a few days away put your last game in Michigan Stadium is on Saturday. Any idea what kind of emotions will be swirling through your head then?

DG: "I'm just really excited. There's a lot more at stake than just my last game at Michigan. It's never been about me and it's not going to be about me on Saturday. I'm just going to go out and give it everything I have, like I've always given, to try and get a win for the team."

This is why I loved this dude...he got it. Hopefully he's healed up enough to be productive this week and next.

Hoke has done in a year & a half what Rich Rod couldn't do in 3 full years, beat OSU @ MSU. :thumbup:
In hindsight, this was likely because Richrod's players finally started to develop. Not sure what would have happened had he stayed, but I think Michigan football would have been a lot better off than it is now. Hoke and Brandon have made it irrelevant.

Hoke has done in a year & a half what Rich Rod couldn't do in 3 full years, beat OSU @ MSU. :thumbup:
In hindsight, this was likely because Richrod's players finally started to develop. Not sure what would have happened had he stayed, but I think Michigan football would have been a lot better off than it is now. Hoke and Brandon have made it irrelevant.
Had Rich-Rod paid a little more attention to the defensive side and was able to get a good DC Michigan would have been much better off than now. Rods offense was scoring but Michigan could not stop anyone.

Had Rich-Rod paid a little more attention to the defensive side and was able to get a good DC Michigan would have been much better off than now. Rods offense was scoring but Michigan could not stop anyone.
Hiring Greg Robinson had to be his biggest mistake. Jeff Casteel not wanting to go with him to at least "buy him some time" was ultimately what did him in.

Him getting fired was the correct decision at that time. He earned that firing just as much as he earned this title. Great job out of him learning what he failed at doing here and not repeating the same mistakes there.

The sad thing is for as long as I can remember the M-OSU game was a bash. We had huge house parties or everybody met at a bar to watch the game. This week my phone has not rang, called some buddies and two of them did not even know they were playing Sat. Not many care.

They played them tough last year but I don`t see it happening this time.

:bye: Hoke

I'm sure you'll catch on as a defensive coordinator in the MEAC or something. Somewhere where you won't have to wear a headset.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honest question, why do people think Les Miles would go from LSU to UM? Money? Michigan is rich in history, and Miles has ties, but not sure why he would leave his current situation with a far better program in a better conference.

Honest question, why do people think Les Miles would go from LSU to UM? Money? Michigan is rich in history, and Miles has ties, but not sure why he would leave his current situation with a far better program in a better conference.
I've wondered that for years now. He has built quite a program at LSU. It's in the vaunted "SEC", considered by many as the best conference in college football. He gets paid quite a bit. Why leave?

I'm sure you'll catch on as a defensive coordinator in the MEAC or something. Somewhere where you won't have to wear a headset.
Wasn't too excited about the hire. But hey, he bamboozled us all when we went 11-2 and won the Sugar Bowl his first season. He seemed to recruit well, but not many turned out to be what they were envisioned as. Is it poor coaching? Were these good recruits actually not-so-good?

It always bothered me that he never wore a headset. May seem petty, but it really did. You watch him on the sideline and all he seems to be is a cheerleader - clapping his hands after a play and saying "nice job" or whatever. Uhhh thanks, coach....I think. Why wouldn't he have a headset on and listening and participating in the ebb and flow of each game?! Yesterday he had to walk over to different coaches and bark in their ear about this or that, likely what he wanted run. Uhh a headset would mean you could talk to them and not have to find them along the sideline and then have them crane their neck just to hear you with a rowdy crowd yelling.

He strikes me as one who might make a good coordinator, or maybe he should just head back to a small school like Ball State. He had success there before.

I've wondered that for years now. He has built quite a program at LSU. It's in the vaunted "SEC", considered by many as the best conference in college football. He gets paid quite a bit. Why leave?
I don't know if it applies to Miles, but for a lot of these guys it's about ego. Turning around a program like Michigan would be a massive ego-stroke.

Miles is a different sort of cat, though, so who knows if he'd go. I agree with you guys in that I don't think I'd leave a plum job like LSU. Miles is a God down there.

I don't know if it applies to Miles, but for a lot of these guys it's about ego. Turning around a program like Michigan would be a massive ego-stroke.

Miles is a different sort of cat, though, so who knows if he'd go. I agree with you guys in that I don't think I'd leave a plum job like LSU. Miles is a God down there.
Well, there is that - ego. And he certainly has a huge one.

I'm sure if UM was willing to REALLY open the check book, money talks. So there is that.

Also, he'd get to beat up on the poor Big 10, which really only has maybe 4 or 5 tough matchups (OSU, MSU, Wis, Neb). Some are improving, like PSU, Minn, Maryland, and a few others. But they pale in comparison to other big conferences.

So who knows?

Personally I'm on the Harbaugh bandwagon, mainly because I think he is a great coach and he'd pull really nice recruits there, especially QBs, which we've sorely needed for many years now. As much as I hate to give our rival credit, OSU made the perfect hire in Meyer. They were down a great deal after the Tressel deal, and they needed to make a big splash. They did so and he turned it around instantly. We need THAT kind of hire, NOW.

Open the damn checkbook, give him $10 mil/year and let's roll!

I agree on Harbaugh, he should be their first, second, and third choice. His coaching style plays very well to the college game.

This was MD's first year in the B1G and one thing I noticed was the lack of speed most of the teams had vs what I was used to seeing in the ACC. When the Terps were healthy, they were much faster at the corner spots than most of the teams they played - weren't "better", just faster. I guess that comes from recruiting in ACC country vs the Midwest. And I think that's a problem when the B1G tries to match up OOC with the Southern/Western teams.

I think Colin Cowherd is a buffoon, but I agree with him on two things regarding the Big Ten: they're playing from behind in recruiting the best athletes and not getting/developing big-time QBs hurts them in today's NCAA landscape.

Meyer & James Franklin are, IMO, the two sitting coaches best equipped to recruit well enough to be nationally prominent for an extended period.

Wasn't too excited about the hire. But hey, he bamboozled us all when we went 11-2 and won the Sugar Bowl his first season. He seemed to recruit well, but not many turned out to be what they were envisioned as. Is it poor coaching? Were these good recruits actually not-so-good?
since it was an issue across the team, poor development by the coaches.

This was MD's first year in the B1G and one thing I noticed was the lack of speed most of the teams had vs what I was used to seeing in the ACC. When the Terps were healthy, they were much faster at the corner spots than most of the teams they played - weren't "better", just faster. I guess that comes from recruiting in ACC country vs the Midwest. And I think that's a problem when the B1G tries to match up OOC with the Southern/Western teams.

I think Colin Cowherd is a buffoon, but I agree with him on two things regarding the Big Ten: they're playing from behind in recruiting the best athletes and not getting/developing big-time QBs hurts them in today's NCAA landscape.

Meyer & James Franklin are, IMO, the two sitting coaches best equipped to recruit well enough to be nationally prominent for an extended period.
Don't forget MSU...

Don't forget MSU...
I haven't. Not that I've paid that much attention over the last couple of years, but I had the feeling they had caught lightening in a bottle with that D and would backslide some going forward. Is what they have going sustainable?

I haven't. Not that I've paid that much attention over the last couple of years, but I had the feeling they had caught lightening in a bottle with that D and would backslide some going forward. Is what they have going sustainable?
MSU has won at least 10 games in 4 of the past 5 seasons, so they're already sustaining success fairly well.

A big key to that has been finding hidden gems. Leveon Bell and Darqueze Dennard were 2-star recruits, and Kirk Cousins was considered a MAC-level QB. And now with winning they're starting to attract more big recruits.

2013 will be hard to repeat but I think they're very capable of staying at the 9-10 win level as long as Dantonio is around. Two concerns would be that they've benefitted from Michigan self-destructing and that won't last forever, and I'm not sure how much longer they can hang on to Pat Narduzzi who is arguably the best defensive coordinator in the country.

MSU has won at least 10 games in 4 of the past 5 seasons, so they're already sustaining success fairly well.

A big key to that has been finding hidden gems. Leveon Bell and Darqueze Dennard were 2-star recruits, and Kirk Cousins was considered a MAC-level QB. And now with winning they're starting to attract more big recruits.

2013 will be hard to repeat but I think they're very capable of staying at the 9-10 win level as long as Dantonio is around. Two concerns would be that they've benefitted from Michigan self-destructing and that won't last forever, and I'm not sure how much longer they can hang on to Pat Narduzzi who is arguably the best defensive coordinator in the country.
They've done a great job developing players. I agree - as long as Dantonio is there, I expect them to be good.

I'd be surprised if Narduzzi doesn't get a job this year. But I was surprised he didn't get one last year too.

I'd be surprised if Narduzzi doesn't get a job this year. But I was surprised he didn't get one last year too.
He's being picky. He turned down UConn because he wasn't happy with the assistant coach budget. But eventually someone will make him an offer he can't refuse.

Spartans Rule said:
whoknew said:
He's being picky. He turned down UConn because he wasn't happy with the assistant coach budget. But eventually someone will make him an offer he can't refuse.
Christ, I'll take him at MD. Friggin' RUTGERS scored 40 on the Terps yesterday.

Balco said:
People think that because Les has said so. They believe him. I personally have no clue if he'd really leave though :shrug:

Balco said:
People think that because Les has said so. They believe him. I personally have no clue if he'd really leave though :shrug:
The time to get Miles was before Rich-Rod or Hoke. Miles is 63 now. There is lots of turmoil in SF so I would not count out Harbaugh yet. The only thing I am concerned about is this AD Hackett has zero experience as and AD and have never been around athletics since he was 22. Hackett is a Dave Brandon type of businessman. Also Hackett went on record saying he thinks Hoke is doing a great job..that is frightening.

Spartans Rule said:
whoknew said:
Christ, I'll take him at MD. Friggin' RUTGERS scored 40 on the Terps yesterday.
Give us Edsall back and we will trade you Bob Diaco.

Balco said:
The time to get Miles was before Rich-Rod or Hoke. Miles is 63 now. There is lots of turmoil in SF so I would not count out Harbaugh yet. The only thing I am concerned about is this AD Hackett has zero experience as and AD and have never been around athletics since he was 22. Hackett is a Dave Brandon type of businessman. Also Hackett went on record saying he thinks Hoke is doing a great job..that is frightening.
Don't disagree. FWIW....I've never really understood the Miles love. I couldn't care less if he becomes the coach at Michigan. I was responding to why people thought Miles would leave LSU.

Users who are viewing this thread