What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2020 Michigan Football*** (1 Viewer)

offense continues to be horrible against any team with a marginal or better defense.
How many times is Robinson going to take the shotgun snap and run right up the back of his lineman??? I will never understand why the fastest guy on the field continues to take one step back and sprint right up the back of his lineman..half the time he made contact with a Michigan player first before a MSU defender. Why can`t they get him out wide where he has more options? Or at least can use his speed to picked up 7-8 yards around the corner?

Agree with the comments around the offense. I don't get it at all. Once the second half of the season began last year it seemed like Borges got it, but they are back to where they were the beginning of last year it seems. I can't believe how the defense is improving every week. If everyone from coaches to players stays around, this defense is going to be one of the best in the country for a long time.

Again, I will be so happy when Drob leaves, he has regressed so much. And why no rushes again for Rawles? I will be happy when we have a qb that can throw the ball next year.

Also Jake Ryan will be a top 15 pick in the NFL, dude makes plays everywhere.

Again, I will be so happy when Drob leaves, he has regressed so much. And why no rushes again for Rawles? I will be happy when we have a qb that can throw the ball next year.Also Jake Ryan will be a top 15 pick in the NFL, dude makes plays everywhere.
It's tough to be that square peg being forced into a round hole. I thought he did a good job of managing the game yesterday :shrug: The problem is, he's been forced to be a game manager. I don't fault him for that. I like the pass calls they are calling for him though. A lot more short passes then trying to get huge chunks.

The problem with the offense is not all Robinson. A big part is Borges also. He just doesn't know how to coach a QB like Denard. Its a shame but what can you do? Borges will be much better with a pro-style QB.

The problem with the offense is not all Robinson. A big part is Borges also. He just doesn't know how to coach a QB like Denard. Its a shame but what can you do? Borges will be much better with a pro-style QB.
:goodposting: It's frustrating to see too. I thought he had figured it out last year, but I guess old habits die hard. FWIW, I'm not blaming Robinson for all the offensive problems, but it's clear he's struggled with becoming a passer. He still doesn't set himself consistently and still makes some boneheaded decisions. When his mechanics are right, he throws a pretty ball, on target. He's just not consistent. There aren't many (any?) QBs in the country that has the decision making responsibilities Denard does either.

Um Yeah....they need D'Rob. :mellow: Good news is, #12 is taking snaps in practice this week. On the recruiting side, Da'Mario Jones (WR) has committed. Rumblings are that his commitment is a pretty good sign that Conley (CB) is out the door (or at least officially in "decommitted" status as he's scheduling a visit to OSU).

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a shame that Michigan has not used D-Rob the last two years the way they did today. D-Rob looked like Percy Harvin. Every way he went he disrupted the defense and made it easy for Gardner. What a weapon lined up in the backfield and in the slot.

It is a shame that Michigan has not used D-Rob the last two years the way they did today. D-Rob looked like Percy Harvin. Every way he went he disrupted the defense and made it easy for Gardner. What a weapon lined up in the backfield and in the slot.
Better late than never I guess. Getting Gardner all this playing time this year should help him in 2013.

'Da Guru said:
'Doctor Detroit said:
RichRod said "there is no quarterback controversy" after today's game. What I don't understand and what I was talking to me buddy who is the biggest Michigan insider I know, is why they don't play two guys for about 1/3 of the plays. Put them in there side by side or play Denard on a wing and bring him in motion. Bring gardner in and have him at WR, bring him across the formation for reverses or as a decoy. #### have all three of them in the huddle. I mean we are getting a steady dose of Vincent Smith who is awful. Put your best athletes and players on the field and confuse the #### out of defenses. I just don't understand why you don't do that.
'Doctor Detroit said:
Also back to what I was saying two months ago...why not bring on Gardner or Forcier and leave Robinson on the field? He can't find space out of the shotgun, put him in the slot and have him come in motion with Forcier at QB. Why can only one of these guys be on the field at the same time? I just don't get that.
Hoke for all the good he has done still never really understood how to use D-Rob. All I hear is Michigan fans ##### and moan about D-Rob saying things like, "the future starts when D-Rob is gone" and "can't wait until D-Rob is gone." No, D-Rob is a special talent and he makes you a lot better when he's on the field. Gardner should have been starting last year and they should have had 50-75% of their packages with both D-Rob and Gardner in. FAIL.

'Da Guru said:
'Doctor Detroit said:
RichRod said "there is no quarterback controversy" after today's game. What I don't understand and what I was talking to me buddy who is the biggest Michigan insider I know, is why they don't play two guys for about 1/3 of the plays. Put them in there side by side or play Denard on a wing and bring him in motion. Bring gardner in and have him at WR, bring him across the formation for reverses or as a decoy. #### have all three of them in the huddle. I mean we are getting a steady dose of Vincent Smith who is awful. Put your best athletes and players on the field and confuse the #### out of defenses. I just don't understand why you don't do that.
'Doctor Detroit said:
Also back to what I was saying two months ago...why not bring on Gardner or Forcier and leave Robinson on the field? He can't find space out of the shotgun, put him in the slot and have him come in motion with Forcier at QB. Why can only one of these guys be on the field at the same time? I just don't get that.
Hoke for all the good he has done still never really understood how to use D-Rob. All I hear is Michigan fans ##### and moan about D-Rob saying things like, "the future starts when D-Rob is gone" and "can't wait until D-Rob is gone." No, D-Rob is a special talent and he makes you a lot better when he's on the field. Gardner should have been starting last year and they should have had 50-75% of their packages with both D-Rob and Gardner in. FAIL.
D-Rob probably raised his draft stock quite a bit today. Looked very confortable not playing QB Had he been a RB/WR his the last couple of years he would be something like Jahvid Best/Percy Harvin type of player.

'Da Guru said:
'Doctor Detroit said:
'Doctor Detroit said:
D-Rob probably raised his draft stock quite a bit today. Looked very confortable not playing QB Had he been a RB/WR his the last couple of years he would be something like Jahvid Best/Percy Harvin type of player.
I don't think it makes any difference personally. D-Rob is going to get snagged in the 4th round to return punts and play 10 offensive plays a game.

'Da Guru said:
'Doctor Detroit said:
'Doctor Detroit said:
Well, not all of us. In the 2011 thread I remember WK, you, myself and a few others "wishing" they'd make Gardner the QB and have D-Rob on the field with him. I really enjoyed watching them today. Next week's game should be a pretty good one :boxing:

'Da Guru said:
'Doctor Detroit said:
'Doctor Detroit said:
Well, not all of us. In the 2011 thread I remember WK, you, myself and a few others "wishing" they'd make Gardner the QB and have D-Rob on the field with him. I really enjoyed watching them today. Next week's game should be a pretty good one :boxing:
Yep. We'll all forget about this Gardner/D-Rob stuff but I'll never undersand why they didn't play together more, one of the great mysteries. of recent college football.

'Da Guru said:
'Doctor Detroit said:
'Doctor Detroit said:
Yep. We'll all forget about this Gardner/D-Rob stuff but I'll never undersand why they didn't play together more, one of the great mysteries. of recent college football.
Me either GB, me either

Hoke still hasn't lost at the Big House. For all his possible mishandlings of Denard and Devin, we shouldn't overlook how drastically improved the team is.

Hoke still hasn't lost at the Big House. For all his possible mishandlings of Denard and Devin, we shouldn't overlook how drastically improved the team is.
Agree 100%, but the greedy part of me can't help but wonder "what if" when it comes to these two. I think the offense we saw saturday would do much better against Alabama than the one that was rolled out there. I still think Alabama has too much on the o-line though.

Hoke thinks Gardner will get his redshirt... if true 2014 is going to be gooooood. :popcorn:

Conley decommits. Three CBs still in the class and who knows, he may come back. At least he was upfront with the coaching staff. Wish him well, wherever he lands.

Lewan is staying. :excited:
This really surprises me especially after his showing in the bowl game. This is awesome news! Now if they can land Green like everyone says, things have changed significantly. Rumor has it he's taking an unofficial to Auburn this weekend but supposedly "knows" where he's going. He's to make an announcement sometime this month.

They lost out on Webb in the 2014 class, but it appears they have gotten Dawson for the 2013 class
Dawson is mehAt least he is a big corner
3 star for sure....I think they can coach him up. Can't teach his height. It's not a flashy class, but you can see their method. Build the trenches, then move on to skill positions. I like the direction they are going on both offense and defense. If they can land Green, I'll be a happy camper.

They lost out on Webb in the 2014 class, but it appears they have gotten Dawson for the 2013 class
Dawson is mehAt least he is a big corner
# star for sure....I think they can coach him up. Can't teach his height. It's not a flashy class, but you can see their method. Build the trenches, then move on to skill positions. I like the direction they are going on both offense and defense. If they can land Green, I'll be a happy camper.
Absolutely...inside out.Green is a monster commit if they can get him next week.The plan is to beat up other teams just like Alabama...Taking 5 and 6 OL in each class is awesome and every one of them is a monster

Great get on Green.....anyone have any Poggi scoop?
Hi dad wants him to at least check out bama but I am pretty sure he is blue....Don't like all the visit talk though, surprised hoke hasnt told him to be on his merry way
So is that a Big 10 thing...or a Michigan thing....the no visits after a commit?

Hi dad wants him to at least check out bama but I am pretty sure he is blue....Don't like all the visit talk though, surprised hoke hasnt told him to be on his merry way
So is that a Big 10 thing...or a Michigan thing....the no visits after a commit?
It's a Michigan thing. Hoke isn't going to yank an offer from a lower rated recruit to make room for a 5 star in January like other big schools would. A commitment is a commitment, for either side.

'Kirby said:
'gump said:
It's a Michigan thing. Hoke isn't going to yank an offer from a lower rated recruit to make room for a 5 star in January like other big schools would. A commitment is a commitment, for either side.
CorrectHis policy is basically...if you are committed don't visit elsewhere....if you do, you are no longer considered a commit and your spot can be taken.

'gump said:
It's a Michigan thing. The offer still remains but the player is no longer "committed" as far as the staff is concerned and others can take the spot. There's no pressure to commit, so if one commits early, they are part of the family and need not be going elsewhere. If they want to look around that's fine too...just don't give a commitment. ETA: Nevermind...what the thirty people above me said :bag:

Users who are viewing this thread