What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2020 Michigan Football*** (1 Viewer)

Nope (at least not in my mind).  It's not so much about going for it on 4th down.  I agree, more teams should do it.  It's about admitting that you need to try something other than ramming down the other team's throat.  Stubborn, arrogant... whatever.
@Keerock

Maybe this is what you were getting at...
Yeah... but that's from a UofM fan who won't just come out and say it.  The coaching staff is either too stubborn, arrogant, ignorant or stupid to switch things up.  Maybe all of the above.  Unfortunately, I think they'll figure it out this year, but not without a fight.

Big game this week.  Rumors are that Zach Charbonnet is hurt.  The wide range between the rumors is crazy.  Some say he is out weeks, some say he may play on Saturday.

Big game this week.  Rumors are that Zach Charbonnet is hurt.  The wide range between the rumors is crazy.  Some say he is out weeks, some say he may play on Saturday.
I thought that was all :bs:  based on a tweet misinterpreted about his step brother or some such?

Not a Michigan fan but why does Harbaugh insist on playing 2 QBs?  I can’t believe he can’t get a 4-5 star QB into Michigan and stick with him.
I think there may be some truth to the playing McCaffrey just enough so he doesn't transfer angle. I think he wants Patterson to be the guy for this season, but he cannot play like he did against Army again either. Else he may be forced to go to McCaffrey, who I think he wants to be his guy for 2020 and 2021.

Did we ever learn what actually happened to Patterson?  I heard he was "banged up" but is now apparently 100%.  Anyone know what the problem was?

Don Brown not available for the media this week.

Im going to bet his availability opens up after beating Rutgers this weekend 

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think people are going overboard on the anti-Harbaugh stuff. 

Of course his tenure has been a disappointment. We had very high expectations. 

But three out of his four years he has won 10 games. In two of those he was 10-1 going into OSU. With a better spot in 2016, MI is in the playoff. 

So has it been a disappointment? For sure. Is it a disaster? Of course not.

But three out of his four years he has won 10 games. In two of those he was 10-1 going into OSU. With a better spot in 2016, MI is in the playoff. 

Name a big game he’s won 

Name a big game he’s won 
2015 - #18 Michigan 38 #13 NW 0

2015 - #17 MI 41 #19 Florida 7

2016 - #4 MI 14 #8 WI 7

2016 - MI 32 MSU 23 (at MSU)

2016 - The spot v Ohio State

2017 - #11 MI 33 #17 Florida 17

2018 - #12 MI 38  #15 WI 13

2018 - #6 MI 21 #24 MSU 7 (at MSU)

2018 - #5 MI 42  #14 Penn State 7

Those are the wins versus ranked teams (plus the win v MSU). 

2016 - #4 MI 14 #8 WI 7

I agree... lifetime contracts for Harbaugh and Brown please...

Aren't you an MSU fan? But for a fluke, you'd be 1-3 against Harbaugh. 
I am.  UM has significantly more talent than MSU (and most teams).  They should beat them. 

There are an awful lot of "flukes" in your argument.  My point is that Harbaugh is the biggest fluke in your program.

I am.  UM has significantly more talent than MSU (and most teams).  They should beat them. 

There are an awful lot of "flukes" in your argument.  My point is that Harbaugh is the biggest fluke in your program.
Isn't that part of being a college coach? So Harbaugh is a much better recruiter than Dantonio. 

What are the flukes in my argument?

Last edited by a moderator:

He's to Michigan what Bo Pelini was to Nebraska.

He's to Michigan what Bo Pelini was to Nebraska.
Maybe. But NE suffered a long time after they fired Pelini.

Again - just to be clear - I'm totally disappointed too. I thought he was going to take MI to new heights. He hasn't.

I just don't think its been a disaster. He's clearly been better than either RichRod or Hoke.

2016 - #4 MI 14 #8 WI 7

I forgot which one of those was in Indy

Maybe. But NE suffered a long time after they fired Pelini.

Again - just to be clear - I'm totally disappointed too. I thought he was going to take MI to new heights. He hasn't.

I just don't think its been a disaster. He's clearly been better than either RichRod or Hoke.
I'm aware. And I suspect if Harbaugh gets driven out a similar fate may await. See, RichRod/Hoke.

The biggest issue and disappointment is that Michigan still does not have a quality QB to make plays pressure defenses. Patterson is very average and it is tough to judge McCaffery as it seems he get hurt every time he runs..not by his fault as he has taken some big hits.

What else is troubling is I was expecting a fast paced offense and Gattis can`t get the plays in, they stand around and finally get the play in with 10 seconds left on play clock, it was faster when they huddled.  Calling a TO because they could not get the play in on the second play of the game last week was inexcusable.

Isn't that part of being a college coach? So Harbaugh is a much better recruiter than Dantonio. 

What are the flukes in my argument?
Yep, it's part of being a college coach for sure... but you have to admit the program history helps.  YOU mentioned flukes two times in your arguments... I'm just saying you're making a lot of excuses for him.

Listen, you can defend him and please do keep him on as a head coach forever as far as I'm concerned.  My point is... he's not doing what he's being paid to do.  It all falls on him and I'm afraid he's running out of lives.  But I hope not.

So only title games are big games? 

If that's your definition then yes - we definitely disagree.

For example, I think last Saturday's game was a very big game.
In our last 5 games, we were embarrassed by OSU, SC, Army, and UW--not beaten, downright embarrassed--after $30 million spent. 

He was a college qb, a pro qb, and a qb developer in college and in the pros, but for 5 years, our qbs have sucked. 

The whoopings by OSU are one thing, but he also completely failed to get the team ready for bowl games, further embarrassing the program.

We brought him in to take us back to elite; we are now average. He has failed.

Les is more. Hell, bring in Urban

I think the Harbaugh schtick gets stale in a hurry and it's reached that point at Michigan.  He's too stubborn to evolve and he's petulant when things don't go his way, which is far too often right now.  

And I know it's maybe a little premature to write the book on his coaching tree, but wooof, is that bad.  Outside of David Shaw his assistants have either been abject failures or completely underwhelmed.  Doesn't really speak well to his ability to coach up his coaches.

In our last 5 games, we were embarrassed by OSU, SC, Army, and UW--not beaten, downright embarrassed--after $30 million spent. 

He was a college qb, a pro qb, and a qb developer in college and in the pros, but for 5 years, our qbs have sucked. 

The whoopings by OSU are one thing, but he also completely failed to get the team ready for bowl games, further embarrassing the program.

The fact that you are a Michigan grad and would support Urban Meyer as the coach is embarrassing. You should be ashamed.

I could argue against your other posts up there, but wanting Meyer as the coach is like the 13th chime on a clock. Not only is it wrong in and of itself, it calls into question the legitimacy of all your other points.

I think the Harbaugh schtick gets stale in a hurry and it's reached that point at Michigan.  He's too stubborn to evolve and he's petulant when things don't go his way, which is far too often right now.  

And I know it's maybe a little premature to write the book on his coaching tree, but wooof, is that bad.  Outside of David Shaw his assistants have either been abject failures or completely underwhelmed.  Doesn't really speak well to his ability to coach up his coaches.
Two things:

1) He has evolved, though. He hired a spread guy and gave him complete control of the offense this year.

2) Derek Mason has done ok at Vanderbilt. Obviously not great but James Franklin is the only coach who has won consistently there.

The fact that you are a Michigan grad and would support Urban Meyer as the coach is embarrassing. You should be ashamed.

I could argue against your other posts up there, but wanting Meyer as the coach is like the 13th chime on a clock. Not only is it wrong in and of itself, it calls into question the legitimacy of all your other points.
Wait... HE should be ashamed???  I think UM/Harbaugh should be ashamed that a grad would resort to that!

Two things:

1) He has evolved, though. He hired a spread guy and gave him complete control of the offense this year.

2) Derek Mason has done ok at Vanderbilt. Obviously not great but James Franklin is the only coach who has won consistently there.
Counterpoints:

1)  His offense is averaging 3.5 yards per rush (and that includes the creampuff opener).  Not sure how evolved that is.

2)  DJ Durkin had a kid die on his watch in what has been called a 'toxic culture'.  Eesh.

Users who are viewing this thread