What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Playoffs Thread - New York Giants V Green Bay (1 Viewer)

Memphis Foundry

The King of Wishful Thinking
Staff member
Giants may be hotter than the Saints right now -- tough opening draw here for the Pack. :banned:

Last edited by a moderator:
At this point all the NFC teams are tough draws. Although I still think the Pack have the best chance of winning it all, I would not be surprised if they lost to any of the current nfc teams. Disappointed, yes. Surprised? No. These are four good teams.

If Giants rookie DB has the game of his life, maybe...I don't think they can cover GB. Pressure and limit time to throw, sure, but ultimately GB isn't going to have that much trouble throwing the ball IMO.

Sadly, as a Giants fan I do not share in the same confidence as other Giant fans do. I think AR quick release negates the Giants pass rush. If the giants ever needed a monster run game, today would be the day. Hope they can keep it close and make it interesting in the 4th.

Sadly, as a Giants fan I do not share in the same confidence as other Giant fans do. I think AR quick release negates the Giants pass rush. If the giants ever needed a monster run game, today would be the day. Hope they can keep it close and make it interesting in the 4th.
Sure Rodgers has a quick release, but he also got sacked 36 times this year. He does hold on to the ball at times. If.. and it's a big if... the secondary does play well, Rodgers is going to get hit and pressured. You just have to hope one of those pressures turns into a rare turnover by Rodgers. The Giants have a punchers chance and we just he to hope that the bye week, plus week 17 off, plus the emotions of last week, all coupled by the Giants hot streak catches the Pack at the right time. I would love to see Eli with the ball in his hands, down a few points with 2 min left in the clock. Hopefully he won't leave time on the clock like the last meeting or evening like the NO/SF game.

At this point all the NFC teams are tough draws. Although I still think the Pack have the best chance of winning it all, I would not be surprised if they lost to any of the current nfc teams. Disappointed, yes. Surprised? No. These are four good teams.
Couldn't have said it better, I just think it's crazy how everyone I talk to thinks the Giants will win, almost makes you think GB is the underdog...

Hello boys & girls. Giants have their Def. line back. Packers have Jennings & their Off. line back. Should be another great playoff game.

There will be at least one crucial play in this game where Eli Manning draws the GB D into a cheap, 5-yard offsides penalty by calling out a fake "Omaha Omaha Set" cadence.

GB wins 41-20.

All the talk this week will have annoyed the Packers. Especially their O-line which feels disrespected and comes out motivated bigtime; the Giants' D-line won't dominate like everyone assumes they will. And with time, Rodgers will have no problem finding open receivers against the Giants secondary.

Sure Rodgers has a quick release, but he also got sacked 36 times this year. He does hold on to the ball at times. If.. and it's a big if... the secondary does play well, Rodgers is going to get hit and pressured. You just have to hope one of those pressures turns into a rare turnover by Rodgers. The Giants have a punchers chance and we just he to hope that the bye week, plus week 17 off, plus the emotions of last week, all coupled by the Giants hot streak catches the Pack at the right time. I would love to see Eli with the ball in his hands, down a few points with 2 min left in the clock. Hopefully he won't leave time on the clock like the last meeting or evening like the NO/SF game.
Really? Are you watching old games from 2009? Because that has NEVER been the case at all this year. The Giants front 4 are playing well, but no where near the epic level Giants fans are making them out to be.It's nice to be confident in your team but let's be realistic about it.

Really? Are you watching old games from 2009? Because that has NEVER been the case at all this year. The Giants front 4 are playing well, but no where near the epic level Giants fans are making them out to be.It's nice to be confident in your team but let's be realistic about it.
I would disagree and say there are times he holds the ball too long and looks for the play downfield and the rush then gets to him.Not as much as 2009, but it has happened a few times this year.

If this gets to be the shootout some of you are predicting, I wouldn't discount the Giants. I can't think of anyone in the Packers DB that presents a realistic threat to stop Victor Cruz.

The home teams are undefeated so far in this year's playoffs. I expect the Packers to continue the trend.

The Giants running game continues to be hot and they control the clock. Win the game with three sacks two picks 31 to 24

Users who are viewing this thread