What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***The Walking Dead Comic book version*** (1 Viewer)

modogg said:
jamny said:
huh, nice find. i didn't connect those 2 characters at all. well, i think that guy might have been able to pull it off. I thought this would be a teaser for him, and then they bring him back in like 2 seasons. I am kind of glad though because Negan wasn't all about sharing and raping everybody a bunch of times. he seemed to have a good set-up that he took advantage of.

So i guess the arc of this season will be the a few episodes with the priest. this season seems to hint at following the comic a little more (i think they mentioned this on Talking Dead), so i wonder if they will find that gated community and the guy who led them there. I think that could work for a good story line, and they set it up well with making the audience think Rick and the group shouldn't trust anybody. it has an interesting plot showing how the group has trouble living a life like that, and would be a good direction to go that wouldn't be so similar to the last few seasons. the only thing is that there seemed to be lulls in the plot at times, and i am not sure how well all of that will transfer to a TV show.

Not sure what else they could jump into if they are following the comics a little more. Too early to bring Jesus into the storyline, and they need to cast that good. The Kingdom seems like too much of a jump for right now too.

i'm only on comic #115 (book 20 of the graphic novels), so not sure if anything else past those issues stands out as a good direction they can go in right now
I'm not sure if they'll bring in Douglas and the people of Alexandria. They made Woodbury very much like Alexandria so it's kinda been done already. Plus, that was a real lull in action in the comics and I'm not sure it'll go over well with the TV audience.

Although, that does take away how Nagen is introduced so who knows.

So maybe they go with the cannibals at the church after all?
I finally just watched the episode. i remember this part from the comics very well, but i wasn't disappointed in the least bit how it played out. I did guess that Bob was going to be the one that got taken, but there were a couple of times during the episode when i thought it could go other ways.

And i think it is a great idea to go almost verbatim with the comic if they want, while tie in a whole new story like they are with the Beth angle.

I just wonder what else will occur with this. I am guessing they maybe take it 2-3 episodes. But i also like that during this whole process Andrea really turned into a sharp shooter. I wonder if they will do that with any of the current characters. I also hope they keep in all the non-comic characters because it adds to the show.

I'm watching the Talking Dead episode. it is a good one. Hardwick does a good job of calling out Tyrese and to expore this character. here is my prediction:

Tyrese is caring for Judith and somehow or another judith dies. Tyrese finally comes out of his shell and becomes a bad ###. i think he improved his ###-kicking after his daughter killed herself right?

I'm watching the Talking Dead episode. it is a good one. Hardwick does a good job of calling out Tyrese and to expore this character. here is my prediction:

Tyrese is caring for Judith and somehow or another judith dies. Tyrese finally comes out of his shell and becomes a bad ###. i think he improved his ###-kicking after his daughter killed herself right?
Yeah he went crazy after that.

Caught up on the comics using this site They were supposed to take them down yesterday but they're still up.

So glad they didn't do what it looked like they were doing.

Spoilers in case you aren't caught up to #132

Talking zombies?
Looks like people have been going around with zombie skins sewn on to survive.

So it looks like Noah's home town was attacked by a group of vicious humans. Notice Noah's Mom looks like she might have been bashed with a bat. Glenn found a bat (woah)

Is Negan coming soon?

Now that the show is at Alexandria, any word on who was cast as Douglas?

Bryan Cranston would be awesome but maybe they need a less recognizable face.

I think there will be many complaints about the show over the next few episodes since there isn't much action inside of Alexandria.

I think there will be many complaints about the show over the next few episodes since there isn't much action inside of Alexandria.
We're nearing the point of when I stopped reading the comics but from what I recall there was plenty of action there. The expanding fo the town, the beginning of Rick's group taking it over, and wasnt there a part where the people who live there tried to kill Glenn? Carl loses an eye as well and the love triangles etc.

We're nearing the point of when I stopped reading the comics but from what I recall there was plenty of action there. The expanding fo the town, the beginning of Rick's group taking it over, and wasnt there a part where the people who live there tried to kill Glenn? Carl loses an eye as well and the love triangles etc.
Depends how fast they move this part along. There was a lot of assimilation into the community before that cool battle with Andrea (I guess Carol if they do it) in the tower. Carl loses an eye when the zombies break through so I'm guessing that'll still be a while. I don't remember anything else with Glenn before Negan.

I hope I'm wrong but I think the next couple of episodes will be kinda slow.

Depends how fast they move this part along. There was a lot of assimilation into the community before that cool battle with Andrea (I guess Carol if they do it) in the tower. Carl loses an eye when the zombies break through so I'm guessing that'll still be a while. I don't remember anything else with Glenn before Negan.

Maybe im misremembering who it was but I recall Rick and the group heading out and returning to find out that someone was about to kill someone from his group and Rick kills him

Maybe im misremembering who it was but I recall Rick and the group heading out and returning to find out that someone was about to kill someone from his group and Rick kills him
Yeah, that's Pete, the surgeon that Aaron mentioned to Noah last night. But it takes a little while until they find out he's abusive to his family. I don't remember if anyone else was involved besides him and Rick. He does kill someone before Rick kills him but I think it's a Alexandria person.

btw - I think Alexandria Brekinridge, the young hot maid in season 1 of American Horror Story, plays Pete's wife.

:o

I don't watch Talking Dead but did Kirkman really say this during an episode:

Eventually a character named Negan is introduced and he's going to bash in Glenn's brains with a baseball bat called Lucille
wtf?

Where did you get that quote from???!
I was looking around to see if any casting has been leaked and found the quote.Just found proof w/video.

wow
I have to agree with some of the theories within the article as well. There is no way that he can say this and still have it happen. It will have to be one of other males on the show but I dont see t being Rick or Darryl either.
Noah?
Well there you go!

Correct me if Im wrong but the Rick situation played out just like this in the comics, correct? With him facing possible exile?

I was looking around to see if any casting has been leaked and found the quote.Just found proof w/video.

wow
I have to agree with some of the theories within the article as well. There is no way that he can say this and still have it happen. It will have to be one of other males on the show but I dont see t being Rick or Darryl either.
Noah?
Well there you go!

Correct me if Im wrong but the Rick situation played out just like this in the comics, correct? With him facing possible exile?
Hey! Good guess for me.

I'm fuzzy on the details around Alexandria from the comics. I know Rick shoots and kills Pete at some point. I don't remember an exile being the punishment though.

Caught up on the comics using this site They were supposed to take them down yesterday but they're still up.

Talking zombies?

i pick up the books that cover 5-6 comics (no idea what they call them) and just read the latest one (v.22) that ends at issue 132. I am wondering if the Wolves storyline plays into this and the group runs into the scenario you have in the spoiler now, with Negan coming in another season or 2.

Speaking of Negan, i keep hearing how Kirkman had Henry Rollins in mind when he developed that character. that would be some great casting for him to play that part. it's better for an early 90's Henry, but he could still pull it off

Last edited by a moderator:

wow
Noah?
Well there you go!

Hey! Good guess for me.I'm fuzzy on the details around Alexandria from the comics. I know Rick shoots and kills Pete at some point. I don't remember an exile being the punishment though.
I can't seem to recall the point where the people of Alexandria tell Rick they need him and pretty much turn over the town to him. In thinking that's going to be the ending this week.

Talking zombies?

i pick up the books that cover 5-6 comics (no idea what they call them) and just read the latest one (v.22) that ends at issue 132. I am wondering if the Wolves storyline plays into this and the group runs into the scenario you have in the spoiler now, with Negan coming in another season or 2.

Speaking of Negan, i keep hearing how Kirkman had Henry Rollins in mind when he developed that character. that would be some great casting for him to play that part. it's better for an early 90's Henry, but he could still pull it off
I was wondering too if the W was for the Whisperers and maybe they'd go off timeline and bring them in already. Wolves have been mentioned though, so I doubt it.

Rollins would be a good choice for Nagen.

modogg said:

Talking zombies?

I get each issue via Google Play at this point, on the day of release. Which means I've got a new one to read today actually :)

I don't think the Wolves are a group from the comic. Nothing really matches. The closest could be Negan with using zombies as part of his fence... maybe the wolves are doing that, hence cutting off arms and legs... but the Ws in the foreheads and then letting them go... that doesn't fit. They're probably their own thing.

Carol, Darryl and Glen were on Jimmy Kimmel last week and Jimmy just brings up how Glen dies in the comics by being beaten with a baseball bat. Not much came of the conversation but I was just surprised he mentioned it. I'm sure he doesn't know whether that will happen or not on the show.

So who are the Wolves? The Scavengers, the Saviors, or a combination of the two?

I forgot, did the Scavengers have a leader?

I think it's too soon for Negan. My guess would be he shows up in the season finale.

Last edited by a moderator:
So who are the Wolves? The Scavengers, the Saviors, or a combination of the two?

I forgot, did the Scavengers have a leader?

I think it's too soon for Negan. My guess would be he shows up in the season finale.
Need a mid season cliff hanger too. I think that's where Carl loses the eye.

Three strikes you're out, Glen?

:Lucille:
I stopped reading the comics right at the point of the Governor but have seen the Arc in regards to Lucille so I'm basing this on just that glimpse..

The Writers/Producers have stated that the show takes a "Hard Left" from the comic book soon.. So my thoughts on who meets Lucille is based on those comments..

1. Daryl - He didn't exist in the Comics and his story line has gone full circle from not trusting outsiders, to trusting outsiders to now back to not trusting outsiders.. Could see he and Rick arguing about that distinction, with Lucille providing the final say.

2. Maggie :eek:    Already have one baby in the group and with Glenn's two close calls it would be a complete "Hard Left" to take her out instead of Glenn.

Then maybe Glenn .. But again, after two "he is dead.. no wait still alive"..  plus he being the one in the Comics to take the blow, it wouldn't be a "Hard Left".. As teased by the writers.

:popcorn:

Andrew Lincoln was sickened by the season finale so someone is going to get it. I seriously doubt it would happen to a pregnant Maggie. Daryl would be interesting. People would lose their minds over that.

Andrew Lincoln was sickened by the season finale so someone is going to get it. I seriously doubt it would happen to a pregnant Maggie. Daryl would be interesting. People would lose their minds over that.
Says the guy with a smoking baby as his Avatar ;)

Wow, saw it coming, but was still surprised that it actually happened.

Negan escaped. Wonder if they'll swerve us and help Rick against the Whisperers?

Deranged Hermit said:

Hidden Content
I don't think Negan was actually at the compound they attacked.

As for who bites it, my money is still on Glenn, and that the hard turn that was mentioned was them attacking Negan first rather than waiting until Glenn is killed (in the comics). My second thought is Maggie, to recreate the prison scene where Lori + baby died. Lastly would be Carol, who I didn't think would be in the mix until she was shown to be captured along with Maggie at the end yesterday. But I think Glenn sacrifices himself to save Maggie though.

Deranged Hermit said:

Hidden Content

I hope so.  I really want to like Negan.  This could go either way.  I wouldn't put it past Negan to kill Brandon to send Rick a message.  The Saviors are still left without a leader and not really on Rick's side, so it's possible he goes back.  

Curious about the person on the other end of the radio call with Eugene.  I expect it'll be several issues to build that story to see where it's going.

Good issue.  Great ending.  

I don't think Negan was actually at the compound they attacked.

As for who bites it, my money is still on Glenn, and that the hard turn that was mentioned was them attacking Negan first rather than waiting until Glenn is killed (in the comics). My second thought is Maggie, to recreate the prison scene where Lori + baby died. Lastly would be Carol, who I didn't think would be in the mix until she was shown to be captured along with Maggie at the end yesterday. But I think Glenn sacrifices himself to save Maggie though.
I think you're responding as if you're expecting the TV show thread, but you wondered in the comics thread, GB.  

For those that are interested in reading the comics, here's the best site I have currently.  All 152 issues are there, including the one that released this week.  

If you're curious, the show is currently in the range of issue 95-98 or so.  I believe issue 95 was the introduction to the Hilltop.  

I think you're responding as if you're expecting the TV show thread, but you wondered in the comics thread, GB.  
Haha...oops. Good call. I'm a couple issues behind, but probably not that much. I usually save up and read a few at a time.

For those that are interested in reading the comics, here's the best site I have currently.  All 152 issues are there, including the one that released this week.  

If you're curious, the show is currently in the range of issue 95-98 or so.  I believe issue 95 was the introduction to the Hilltop.  
Thx!

I'm a bit behind.

Users who are viewing this thread