Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BoneYardDog

obama: The most polarizing president. Ever.

150 posts in this topic

The great uniter indeed...

The either your with me or the "enemy" president...

Be proud America he is even better than Bush...

The best ever

I think people gave Bush a chance during his first term and especially after 9/11. There is a certain element in this country that were never going to agree with Obama even if he said the sky was blue.

I wonder if his race has anything to with this for the OP and others? Just a hunch...

The best ever

I think people gave Bush a chance during his first term and especially after 9/11. There is a certain element in this country that were never going to agree with Obama even if he said the sky was blue.
Obama Derangement Syndrome.

It's easy for a hack like you to make this about Obama, but the fact is that this has been a growing trend in this country for a long time.

Out of the ten most partisan years in terms of presidential job approval in Gallup data, seven ā€” yes, seven ā€” have come since 2004. Bush had a run between 2004 and 2007 in which the partisan disparity of his job approval was at 70 points or higher.

And this is likely the correct hypothesis when you take off your blinders:

Our guess is that Jonesā€™ latter hypothesis is the right one ā€” that we are simply living in an era in which Democrats dislike a Republican president (and Republicans dislike a Democratic one) even before the commander in chief has taken a single official action.

The best ever

Excellent post. Obama was Public Enemy Number One to a good 33% of this population the minute he won the election.

I wonder if his race has anything to with this for the OP and others? Just a hunch...

Just a bunch of BS, obama could not have won without the white vote...He is hated because of his policies not the color of his skin...But play the race card I am sure it will come out a lot in the next few months, I mean he cannot run on his record can he... lmao

The best ever

Really? Because I remember a large number of people screaming that Bush stole the election, that Gore was the real President, and that Bush would NEVER be their President. And that Bush would destroy the environment and end abortion.

So, yeah, there were a whole lot of people that never gave Bush a chance from the very beginning either.

And yeah, I think the hypothesis that we're just becoming more polarized in general is probably the best argument here.

So those saying that it's BECAUSE of Obama can shut it, and those saying that it's because Republicans are racist can shut it as well.

Just a bunch of BS, obama could not have won without the white vote...He is hated because of his policies not the color of his skin...But play the race card I am sure it will come out a lot in the next few months, I mean he cannot run on his record can he... lmao
Did you even read the article? It's highlighting a long-term trend in increasing polarization across a number of Presidents from both parties. If anything, it's suggesting that Obama's policies have little to do with it, as another poster mentioned.Unless you're just fishing, in which case carry on...

It all doesn't matter when Rep nominations are just making it easy for Obama. Batter up....

Yes. We dislike Obama because of his race. We just willfully ignore the 4% GDP growth, tame unemployment and sound financial policies. You seem to forget that this is a president who went into office stating 'elections have consequences and we won' and who's vilified numerous industries. Who's speeches don't unite, but attack and blame the politics of the half of the country who didn't vote for him.

Yes. We dislike Obama because of his race. We just willfully ignore the 4% GDP growth, tame unemployment and sound financial policies. You seem to forget that this is a president who went into office stating 'elections have consequences and we won' and who's vilified numerous industries. Who's speeches don't unite, but attack and blame the politics of the half of the country who didn't vote for him.
IIRC, it was more like the third of the (voting) country.

Most Presidents going forward won't have much of a chance either. The ideological media on both sides of the aisle loves to trump their new President as "__________" while denigrating the exiting President and his "failed" policies. Think about it. People who are even remotely ideological (which most people are) will naturally build up a certain amount of animosity for the incoming POTUS, because they are being told,

"it's good to have the grownups back in charge of Washingon", (Bushies in regards to Clinton)

"it's good that The People and Democracy are back in charge of Washington" and (Obamaites in regards to Bush)

"its good that the Islamo-Socio-ChiCom-shrill,Chicago Politician who never showed his birth certificate and whose failed economic and political policies brought this country to the brink of ruin is being replaced by an honest American politician". (Tea Partyers in regards to Obama).

If libs hate President Romney, that will mean good things for the country

I think people gave Bush a chance during his first term and especially after 9/11.

This part is so wrong it's not even funny. Yes, Bush benefitted from a natural rally-around-the-flag effect immediately after 9/11, but nobody who remembers the slightest thing about the 2000 election could possibly think that he was welcomed into office with nothing but good will from all corners.

46% :rolleyes:

Get ready for President Romney.

who would govern pretty much like Obama has.I can't imagine what you people would think if Obama had delivered on half or 3/4 of the more liberal agenda he laid during his campaign. As others have said around here, he's pretty much been Bush-lite and this is how you guys react?

I'm not quite sure where the shtick of not capitalizing the man's name stacks up with Johnnycakes shtick of using a zero for the first letter. Both deliciously clever satire, obviously.

No he's not.

Didn't read the article, did you?
The article says he's not. :shrug:

Get ready for President Romney.

who would govern pretty much like Obama has.I can't imagine what you people would think if Obama had delivered on half or 3/4 of the more liberal agenda he laid during his campaign. As others have said around here, he's pretty much been Bush-lite and this is how you guys react?
Bush's 4th term

If Hillary would have been the nominee and eventual winner we'd all be having a group hug right now. I love you guys.

I think people gave Bush a chance during his first term and especially after 9/11.

This part is so wrong it's not even funny. Yes, Bush benefitted from a natural rally-around-the-flag effect immediately after 9/11, but nobody who remembers the slightest thing about the 2000 election could possibly think that he was welcomed into office with nothing but good will from all corners.
:shrug:Im a person who voted Bush in 2000, Kerry 2004, and Obama 2008. After 9/11 he had everybody here and across the world until iraq really.

Ooooooooohhhh. Super cool guy with the :rolleyes:, like he busted someone who admitted potential fault in his post. Wow, your arguments are so much more valid to me now!

:shrug:Im a person who voted Bush in 2000, Kerry 2004, and Obama 2008. After 9/11 he had everybody here and across the world until iraq really.
Bush's approval ratings were in the 50%-60% up until 9/11.

The best ever

Once again did you even read the article you posted?? It shows the Bush has the biggest gaps between parties.. Actually make that the three highest marks.. But go ahead.. and show how you are not to be taken considered serious.

e.

Ooooooooohhhh. Super cool guy with the :rolleyes:, like he busted someone who admitted potential fault in his post. Wow, your arguments are so much more valid to me now!
I thought it was rather childish to quibble over a few percentage points rather than letting me slide with a simplistic "half". :shrug:

Let me save all those on the left some time and roll up your response in this: It is not Obama's fault. It is the Republicans fault because (fill in your favorite reason)*

*Some examples would be they are racists, they are unreasonable, they are dumb.

This is the result of our hyper-partisan media that exists only to rile up the masses for cheap ratings instead of simply reporting the news. :thumbdown:

You're the tool that had to correct his "half of the country" comment

When you have two parties that thrive on a divided populace what would you expect?

Also add in the media machines that wouldn't exist if it wasn't for partisan politics and you have sparks being introduced to fuel.

The economy and industry of politics gets completely lost on people.

Obama is as middle of the road as they come and reagan could NOT get elected in 2012 even if jesus was his running mate.

Let me save all those on the left some time and roll up your response in this: It is not Obama's fault. It is the Republicans fault because (fill in your favorite reason)* *Some examples would be they are racists, they are unreasonable, they are dumb.

You forgot a pretty important one "they got us in this mess"

I thought it was rather childish to quibble over a few percentage points rather than letting me slide with a simplistic "half". :shrug:
Standard stupid response by Sweeney here.

When you have two parties that thrive on a divided populace what would you expect?Also add in the media machines that wouldn't exist if it wasn't for partisan politics and you have sparks being introduced to fuel.The economy and industry of politics gets completely lost on people.Obama is as middle of the road as they come and reagan could NOT get elected in 2012 even if jesus was his running mate.

This. The schizm portrayed by Fox and MSNBC is far greater than the actual divide between people's political beliefs. It's good for ratings and good for their corporate influence in Washington. Create strawmen for us to argue over and we won't notice what's going in that should really be cheesing us off.

You're the tool that had to correct his "half of the country" comment
Ooooooooooohhhh. Super cool name caller that doesn't know what "IIRC" means. Wow, your arguments are soooooo much more valid to me now and I question my very existence!