What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Software for Fantasy?*Help still needed* (1 Viewer)

Bigboy10182000

Footballguy
I have been using one through Fantistics for a while but they're a bit pricy and they're just slacking on some stuff. Can anyone recommend one?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been using one through Fantistics for a while but they're a bit pricy and they're just slacking on some stuff. Can anyone recommend one?
Mastersball.com$39.95 tons of different software tools AND the #1 person in the "numerish" field if you need helpFBG guarantee by me personally

'Captain Hook said:
'Bigboy10182000 said:
Mastersball.com$39.95 tons of different software tools AND the #1 person in the "numerish" field if you need helpFBG guarantee by me personally
I'll have to look at it in more detail when I get home. I checked a little on my phone and I didnt see (under their 2010 hitting projections sample) anything for a 5x5 H2H mixed which I thought was odd. What types of leagues are you in?

'Captain Hook said:
'Bigboy10182000 said:
I'll have to look at it in more detail when I get home. I checked a little on my phone and I didnt see (under their 2010 hitting projections sample) anything for a 5x5 H2H mixed which I thought was odd. What types of leagues are you in?
I don't think looking at samples - especially from two years ago is the way to judge but to answer your question we deal with ALL types of leagues AND subscribers can get specific instructions to setup for their league (and help if they need it) plus there is a Forum dedicated to the Platinum members

I don't think looking at samples - especially from two years ago is the way to judge but to answer your question we deal with ALL types of leagues AND subscribers can get specific instructions to setup for their league (and help if they need it) plus there is a Forum dedicated to the Platinum members
I wasn't judging the results, I was just looking to see if the league settings I was looking for were availible.I'm guessing you work for the site?

I have used Rotolab for the last two years and done real well with it. Baseball HQ stats and a software that will let you do just about anything. $70 for first year, but it's worth it if you take it semi-seriously or dont take it seriously at all and just want to keep up.

I have used Rotolab for the last two years and done real well with it. Baseball HQ stats and a software that will let you do just about anything. $70 for first year, but it's worth it if you take it semi-seriously or dont take it seriously at all and just want to keep up.
I like Merv and Rotolab...BUT you are tied to HQ projections - for half the price PLUS all the other things you can get Mastersball and change anything/everything or do your own AND get help right away with any problems plus get content you can't get anywhere else on the web.I will give you one for instance - I know it doesn't appeal to those who just do redraft leagues but for those who play in keeper or dynasty leagues and who draft minor leaguers - there are TWO done at Mastersball that you won't find duplicated anywhere else. Every pick up BA (who does great work but prospect book is second at best) or even Law's Top 100 (again KLaw is great at what he does but it is NOT fantasy driven content) look at those lists and guess what - first it's 100 AL+NL and second at least a quarter if no more are either already in the majors (you don't need to put Matt Moore on a prospect list he will go in the auction/MLB phase) or already owned in your league. Mastersball has an AL Top 100 and an NL Top 100 plus an extra list for redraft leagues.....for $34.95 which also includes several different software programs.

I like Merv and Rotolab...BUT you are tied to HQ projections - for half the price PLUS all the other things you can get Mastersball and change anything/everything or do your own AND get help right away with any problems plus get content you can't get anywhere else on the web.I will give you one for instance - I know it doesn't appeal to those who just do redraft leagues but for those who play in keeper or dynasty leagues and who draft minor leaguers - there are TWO done at Mastersball that you won't find duplicated anywhere else. Every pick up BA (who does great work but prospect book is second at best) or even Law's Top 100 (again KLaw is great at what he does but it is NOT fantasy driven content) look at those lists and guess what - first it's 100 AL+NL and second at least a quarter if no more are either already in the majors (you don't need to put Matt Moore on a prospect list he will go in the auction/MLB phase) or already owned in your league. Mastersball has an AL Top 100 and an NL Top 100 plus an extra list for redraft leagues.....for $34.95 which also includes several different software programs.
Would you put your prospect guy up against Jason Grey as far as being able to evaluate talent and apply that toward fantasy baseball? Happy for him that he got a gig in the MLB, but I'm REALLY bummed he got out of the biz. He was my most valuable resource for young sleepers and in-season call-ups.

Would you put your prospect guy up against Jason Grey as far as being able to evaluate talent and apply that toward fantasy baseball? Happy for him that he got a gig in the MLB, but I'm REALLY bummed he got out of the biz. He was my most valuable resource for young sleepers and in-season call-ups.
I think if you asked Jason he would tell you Mastersball prospect "guy" is pretty good - Both Todd (the numerish guy) and I used to work with Jason at the original Mastersball.com.......Jason and I are friends and talk about prospects a lot - we both live in AZ and see five leagues here a year. I used to write the AFL book with Jason. And while he is better from a scouting perspective my prospect lists from a fantasy point of view are just as good - again ask Jason and he will tell you the same thing.PVH

To be clear, Hook, you're saying Mastersball offers a draft app on par with RotoLab? I've never used a draft app during a draft, but that RotoLab demo is pretty sharp.

To be clear, Hook, you're saying Mastersball offers a draft app on par with RotoLab? I've never used a draft app during a draft, but that RotoLab demo is pretty sharp.
YES - and multiple ones to choose from:2012 MastersDraftLast Updated February 1

New and improved with additional features, our own drafting software is always pre-loaded with the most current projections. We have added an inflation tracker as well as the ability to export your draft to Excel. The user's manual is available with the download.

2012 Standings and Roster TrackerLast Updated February 1

New and improved, with increased customization and functionality. The Ultra vesion is ideal for leagues with deep farm systems and the NFBC Slow Draft format as it is preloaded with a longer list of players including all Minor Leaguers from Double-A and above.

2012 Customizable Value and Ranking Calculators (CVRC)

Last Updated February 2 - a correction was made to the pitching saves file posted on Feb 1

Please note the CVRCs are a bit different from previous seasons. The intent of the alterations is to facilitate use while still providing accurate values. The major changes are the elimination of setting the pool size factor (both HIT and PITCH) and the means of establishing the number of players at each position for HIT. Using the PIT_CVRC is straightforward but the HIT_CVRC may take a little getting used to. However, I promise once you get the hang of it, it will prove to be more useful than previous versions. Please do not hesitate to post questions or comments on the message forum.

Let me add RnR that I too am old school - I take just a few pieces of paper to a draft with me - ranked lists and a blank roster form. For auctions I might well take my laptop just so I can use my own budget tracker/roster form. BUT the draft software is constantly worked on AND again, like everything else on site there is help with it whenever a subscriber needs it (usually pretty quickly but we do sleep)

And again - my personal FBG money-back guarantee

I think if you asked Jason he would tell you Mastersball prospect "guy" is pretty good - Both Todd (the numerish guy) and I used to work with Jason at the original Mastersball.com.......Jason and I are friends and talk about prospects a lot - we both live in AZ and see five leagues here a year. I used to write the AFL book with Jason. And while he is better from a scouting perspective my prospect lists from a fantasy point of view are just as good - again ask Jason and he will tell you the same thing.PVH
Good info here. Was unaware Jason was at Masterball originally. Thanks man.

Good info here. Was unaware Jason was at Mastersball originally. Thanks man.
For more information, Jason started Mastersball in 1997, then quickly recruited Todd Zola (speaks numerish) and Rob Liebowitz (who owned a smaller fantasy site). When I was recruited I was fourth on board (Paul Jones worked their earlier in a part time role but had left). Gary Jamison came on board helping Todd with projections and some articles and there were a few other contributors. GREAT message board then - small compared to even the baseball thread here but very good posters and fantasy baseball players.Jason and Todd sold the content to FantasyBaseball.com and most of us moved over at least for a year. Jason left and after another year with some promises unfulfilled, Todd, Rob, and Gary left. I stayed there for another two years, but in the second Todd got Jason's permission to resurrect the Mastersball name and started up and then the following year merged in all the writers from Creative Sports with Lawr Michaels under the Mastersball name.We have added a few people then but Todd and Lawr run the show - Brian Walton has a lot of influence there as well and Rob came back after I did and Gary is there sometimes. For those who care, the site likely has more LABR and TOUT Championships than any other including the much larger BaseballHQ (at three times the price). They also have best Fantasy Auctioneer on the planet :thumbup:

Good info here. Was unaware Jason was at Mastersball originally. Thanks man.
For more information, Jason started Mastersball in 1997, then quickly recruited Todd Zola (speaks numerish) and Rob Liebowitz (who owned a smaller fantasy site). When I was recruited I was fourth on board (Paul Jones worked their earlier in a part time role but had left). Gary Jamison came on board helping Todd with projections and some articles and there were a few other contributors. GREAT message board then - small compared to even the baseball thread here but very good posters and fantasy baseball players.Jason and Todd sold the content to FantasyBaseball.com and most of us moved over at least for a year. Jason left and after another year with some promises unfulfilled, Todd, Rob, and Gary left. I stayed there for another two years, but in the second Todd got Jason's permission to resurrect the Mastersball name and started up and then the following year merged in all the writers from Creative Sports with Lawr Michaels under the Mastersball name.We have added a few people then but Todd and Lawr run the show - Brian Walton has a lot of influence there as well and Rob came back after I did and Gary is there sometimes. For those who care, the site likely has more LABR and TOUT Championships than any other including the much larger BaseballHQ (at three times the price). They also have best Fantasy Auctioneer on the planet :thumbup:
Well you seem to have this covered. I already bought Rotolab but maybe I'll give this a try next year.I don't know if I can give it the 6 star lock FBG guarentee, but Rotolab works OK.

So are there cheatsheets or something I can use during a draft on my laptop? Sorry if I'm missing something and thanks for the help!

I mainly need it for a redraft league 5x5 h2h

I can vouch for Mastersball. Used it in 2011 per FBG recommendations. Strong season and made my semi-final. Will be using again in 2012. Keep up the good work at Mastersball, guys!

iPad friendly?
All the software and many of the lists for Platinum are in excel so shouldn't be any reason why you couldn't read and/or download
Ya, if I can't even get to the purchase page there might be...
I'm no member, but I'm guessing it might be this that is tripping you up:"Before you can purchase a subscription, you must first register and login with your Mastersball ID. Registering is free."

iPad friendly?
All the software and many of the lists for Platinum are in excel so shouldn't be any reason why you couldn't read and/or download
Ya, if I can't even get to the purchase page there might be...
I'm no member, but I'm guessing it might be this that is tripping you up:"Before you can purchase a subscription, you must first register and login with your Mastersball ID. Registering is free."
Ya, I got that part...

Is there a trial version to said mastersball.com software? Just curious on what the functionality is before I pay for the full version.

Is there a trial version to said mastersball.com software? Just curious on what the functionality is before I pay for the full version.
As I noted in an earlier post there are several different components - some use all some just one. So it depends whether you are just looking for draft software or other functions. Not really sure what you are looking for so an answer to that might help. No I don't believe there is a trial version available but if you want to ask about particular features we can give you that.Here is the overview from the accompany intro/instructions:Overview of Mastersball Draft Software: with MastersDraft, you will be able to track rosters and standings in real time, as well as monitor your progress in each scoring category. You can use our projections and rankings for common leagues or customize our projections to your league specifications. You can even use your own projections and rankings. The application can handle drafts or auctions, including keeper formats. You can customize your roster configuration including reserve spots. Future releases will feature upgrades, some of which are already planned, but we will also be more than happy to incorporate user input.ETA - I can email you a copy of the users guide if you want to read that before you pay for a Platinum Subscription - PM me a name and email address.

Hook, do you guys offer dynasty rankings?
Yes and no - I just posted my Top 100+ AL and NL (separate) minor league prospect listsWhat we don't do is rank all big league players + minor leaguers in one list like is done for FF - BUT there is a separate forum on the boards for a dynasty league that does all their stuff there so I am sure you can get a question answered or they might be able to point you to a list.If it's just the minor leaguers you need you won't find better information anyway (especially since Jason left ESPN)

Does Mastersball work on Google Chrome? Can't seem to get my username and password to stick. Trying to order...

Opened up IE and ordered.

Oyyyy,

Guys, Mastersball is not that expensive try it out for a year, see if you like it. You already have an effing money back guarantee from one of the guys that is there in case you don't like it. :wall:

I subscribed for a year, it wasn't for me. I didn't get a money back guarantee, but I didn't feel as if I wasted money subscribing. It is a fine product. The content there is solid. I am actually a pretty big fan of a couple of the guys there, even if I disagree with some of their assessments.

What do you find them slacking on? I find it very user friendly - the daily emails and website articles are very good - and they offer a discount to returning customers....

What do you find them slacking on? I find it very user friendly - the daily emails and website articles are very good - and they offer a discount to returning customers....
For starters you'll see in the draft software they have notes for each player....as of Friday (which was the last time I checked) the notes for I think Aramis Rameriz read something like "Brauns's 50 game suspension will hurt and if Prince leaves it could be bad"...that wasn’t exactly it but it was something like that. Same for a guy like Cuddyer...last week it read "Having Maur and Morneau back will help".....then it was changed to something like "In hitter ballpark now".....I have issues with that...especially when you have them getting very deep with their write-up of a guy like Hank Conger....During the season they have a weekly line-up rater for batters and pitchers...the higher the number, the better the play. So at times I'll use this as the deciding factor for starting a guy or not. The problem is if there's one rainout or change then the weekly planner just isn’t updated. Also the discount is for anyone...they tell you its for returning customers but its not..anyone can get it.With all that being said they are easy to work with...they let me sign up for a bigger discount after e-mailing them and saying I was going elsewhere. My old league was a very different accumulative points based league so I figured I'd give them the benefit of the doubt and stay another year if they gave a bitter discount.And BTW, do NOT use them for football.

Hello Captain Hook,

I'm looking into different software for this season and was reading your guide to your software. In the guide it says "Head to Head and Front Office are reserved for future development."

I'm in an AL only H2H keeper league, is your software functional for H2H? Also, does it contain a draft advisory during the live draft to recommend what player to take based on who is already on my roster?

Thanks for any info.

Hello Captain Hook,I'm looking into different software for this season and was reading your guide to your software. In the guide it says "Head to Head and Front Office are reserved for future development."I'm in an AL only H2H keeper league, is your software functional for H2H? Also, does it contain a draft advisory during the live draft to recommend what player to take based on who is already on my roster? Thanks for any info.
Glad to get you the info but the first question is.....H2H Points league? or H2H roto categories?

Hello Captain Hook,I'm looking into different software for this season and was reading your guide to your software. In the guide it says "Head to Head and Front Office are reserved for future development."I'm in an AL only H2H keeper league, is your software functional for H2H? Also, does it contain a draft advisory during the live draft to recommend what player to take based on who is already on my roster? Thanks for any info.
Glad to get you the info but the first question is.....H2H Points league? or H2H roto categories?
Ah forgot that little nugget. It's a H2H points league.

'Billy Bats said:
Thought I'd save the good Captain a cut and past from my e-mail answer.With a little manipulation, we can make MastersDraft work for a points league so long as the categories are not too out there. As for recommendations, we can rank the players and sort them by position and come up with a VBD type adjustment, but we do not have the software make a recommendation. There are more positions than in football plus you have the hitting versus pitching dynamic, so we prefer to handle the strategy in essays as opposed to trying to program the software to think. Like I mentioned, you can sort by positions, etc. so once you decide you'd like a pitcher versus a hitter, or want to get your catcher now, it will tell you the top-ranked player at the position.Hope that helps.I should be around to check any more questions.Well, right after I adjust my Michael Cuddyer and Aramis Ramirez profiles ;)

'Billy Bats said:
Thought I'd save the good Captain a cut and past from my e-mail answer.With a little manipulation, we can make MastersDraft work for a points league so long as the categories are not too out there. As for recommendations, we can rank the players and sort them by position and come up with a VBD type adjustment, but we do not have the software make a recommendation. There are more positions than in football plus you have the hitting versus pitching dynamic, so we prefer to handle the strategy in essays as opposed to trying to program the software to think. Like I mentioned, you can sort by positions, etc. so once you decide you'd like a pitcher versus a hitter, or want to get your catcher now, it will tell you the top-ranked player at the position.Hope that helps.I should be around to check any more questions.Well, right after I adjust my Michael Cuddyer and Aramis Ramirez profiles ;)
Cool thanks for the info TZ.

OK, I bought your product Capt Hook.

Yes I waited until the last minute, and I cannot figure this out at all.

:wall:

I am trying to customize a cheat sheet for a 6x6 league,

HR, RBI, AVG, OPB, SB, R

K, HD, SV, ERA, WHIP, W

My draft is in 2 hours.......

A little help please?

Figured out how to set up a league and get cheat sheets.

Went to open the program on my laptop, and Mastersball wouldn't let me log in. Everytime I tried to log in in took me right back to the log in page.

This was totally useless to me last night.

I will be asking for a refund.

:thumbdown:

Figured out how to set up a league and get cheat sheets.Went to open the program on my laptop, and Mastersball wouldn't let me log in. Everytime I tried to log in in took me right back to the log in page.This was totally useless to me last night.I will be asking for a refund. :thumbdown:
Sorry you had a problem, you will easily get your refund.................BUT I am not sure waiting until the last minute to use any product is a good idea.Hope you still had a great draft

Figured out how to set up a league and get cheat sheets.

Went to open the program on my laptop, and Mastersball wouldn't let me log in. Everytime I tried to log in in took me right back to the log in page.

This was totally useless to me last night.

I will be asking for a refund.

:thumbdown:
Sorry you had a problem, you will easily get your refund.................BUT I am not sure waiting until the last minute to use any product is a good idea.Hope you still had a great draft
You are absolutely correct. But due to certain circumstances that's how it had to be.However, something needs to be fixed on that site because today still, I cannot log in and I have tried using IE and Google Chrome.

Users who are viewing this thread