Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dickey moe

Jeremy Lin

1,040 posts in this topic

Ok, this kid really can play.

You would think he would have been huge in Oakland

He was. The team wanted to keep him, but made a calculated risk of letting him go so they could attempt to sign Chandler and DeAndre Jordan.

Kid is a great story :thumbup:

exactly what the Knicks needed.

a good player

He was. The team wanted to keep him, but made a calculated risk of letting him go so they could attempt to sign Chandler and DeAndre Jordan.
He didn't get that much playing time and didn't average many points IIRC, but GSW has a lot of scoring mouths to feed - I'm sure that had a big part to do with it.Too bad for them - Bay Area kid with other ties to the community.

holy hell kobe shoots a lot. leading the league in field goal attempts by over 100

He didn't get that much playing time and didn't average many points IIRC, but GSW has a lot of scoring mouths to feed - I'm sure that had a big part to do with it.Too bad for them - Bay Area kid with other ties to the community.
Oakland is like a different country compared to Palo Alto.

You would think he would have been huge in Oakland at Stanford

:goodposting:

You would think he would have been huge in Oakland at Stanford at Harvard.

The master race is taking over basketball.

Please elaborate for us

You would think he would have been huge in Oakland at Stanford at Harvard.

Have you seen the pace Harvard plays at? It's really hard averaging 20 ppg when your teams averages 50.

Lin and Kobe trading buckets. I ####### love it.

Lin and Kobe trading buckets. I ####### love it.

Except Kobe needs a lot more tries to keep up.

????Palo Alto is just across the bridge and East Palo Alto is pretty bad as well. The great thing about the Warriors and a major reason why the fan base is so awesome is unlike football and baseball they are the only basketball team in the Bay Area. If you love basketball in the Bay pretty much everyone from Oakland, SF, and San Jose will cheer for the Warriors.

38 pts 7 dimes, knicks win their 4th straight.

Holy hell.

Per Wiki:

Lin has regularly heard bigoted jeers at games such as "Wonton soup", "Sweet and sour pork", "Open your eyes!", "Go back to China", "Orchestra is on the other side of campus", or Chinese gibberish.[6][86][87] Lin says this occurred even at most if not all Ivy League gyms. He does not react to it. "I expect it, I'm used to it, it is what it is," says Lin.[86] The heckling came mostly from opposing fans and not as much from players.[89] According to Harvard teammate Oliver McNally, a fellow Ivy League player did once call Lin a "chink".[86]

Great to see Lin doing well. He'll play solid, but his jumpshot is on fire right now. Can't wait to see if it remains so.

????Palo Alto is just across the bridge and East Palo Alto is pretty bad as well. The great thing about the Warriors and a major reason why the fan base is so awesome is unlike football and baseball they are the only basketball team in the Bay Area. If you love basketball in the Bay pretty much everyone from Oakland, SF, and San Jose will cheer for the Warriors.
Yes

Since he was Not a guaranteed contract this year, he will be a Ufa, right?

Too bad Melo/Amare have to come back.

Amare won't hurt him (as he's at his best playing off others). Melo's a me-first ball hog and the most overrated player in the league. Glad he's finally getting exposed for what he is -- the modern day Glenn Big Dog Robinson.

My wife, who barely knows a thing about sports, just asked me "Whats up with this guy Lin?"

My wife, who barely knows a thing about sports, just asked me "Whats up with this guy Lin?"

:goodposting: Ditto

Between Lin's coming out party & No. 16's rebirth, I bow to our Asian American overlords.

Ya there was no way he would get this kind of PT with Curry, Monta and the 1st round pick (Thompson) we just got. Like 16 said W's were clearing cap for Chandler/Paul and Deandre Jordan (although the ####ed up with the amnesty clause), and they wanted to bring in defensive oriented players, which Lin is not great at. Glad to see he found a spot in NY, dude is gonna be throwing oops left and right when Amare gets back. They dont need him to even score at that point.Oakland like Palo Alto has it nice areas and its bad, you see some old Oakland money neighborhoods if you walk around in Piedmont or the Hills, but get out in the high avenues and you better be there just to buy some weed.

There's a great article on him on Yahoo, can't link to it right now. The kid is living on his brothers couch right now in NYC because he can't find a place he can afford and he doesn't know if he's going to be in the league next year so he doesn't want to make the commitment to a lease.

Crazy!

Ya there was no way he would get this kind of PT with Curry, Monta and the 1st round pick (Thompson) we just got. Like 16 said W's were clearing cap for Chandler/Paul and Deandre Jordan (although the ####ed up with the amnesty clause), and they wanted to bring in defensive oriented players, which Lin is not great at. Glad to see he found a spot in NY, dude is gonna be throwing oops left and right when Amare gets back. They dont need him to even score at that point.Oakland like Palo Alto has it nice areas and its bad, you see some old Oakland money neighborhoods if you walk around in Piedmont or the Hills, but get out in the high avenues and you better be there just to buy some weed.
Lin is actually a decent to above average defender I think.

Per Wiki:

Lin has regularly heard bigoted jeers at games such as . . . "Orchestra is on the other side of campus"

:lmao: I have no idea what that means, or why its a bigoted jeer, but for some reason it cracks me up.Sounds like something a racist with Tourettes would yell.

There's a great article on him on Yahoo, can't link to it right now. The kid is living on his brothers couch right now in NYC because he can't find a place he can afford and he doesn't know if he's going to be in the league next year so he doesn't want to make the commitment to a lease.Crazy!

Yeah I read that a few days ago. Apparently, his contract was just guaranteed by NY and thus he has found his own place.