Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ced

should i make this trade

9 posts in this topic

I have a trade offer on the table someone offered me vernon davis and his 4.4 for my 2.8 and austin collie....i already have gates and tony gonzales am i giving up to much to pull the trigger on this deal...of course collie is young player and with luck coming in i dont wanna be looking at collie blowing up for years to come.dont dont wanna miss out on a elite te either we can start two te in our league. no ppr thoughts?

Vernon!

any reason behind vernon... long term with youth who wins that battle wr vs te...gonzales out played vernon last year.unless someone saying they think collie will not take over the colts offense is the only reason i wanna pull the trigger on this deal....

a lot of uncertainty with the Colts offense. I think I would go with Vernon with this one. He got much better as the year went on and he became more acclimated with Harbaugh's offense. Should get better in year 2. On the other hand, Colts could have a rookie QB with not many other threats on offense. Not sure that is a recipe for success for a guy like Collie, not to mention the concerns about his melon that haven't really gone away in my mind. If he's going to be successful, he'll have to make his money over the middle and I'm not sure how that will work out long term.

Vernon is easily the best player in the deal. I do not believe Collie will ever produce the kind of numbers we saw two years ago. He had one of the best QBs to ever play throwing him open. I think Luck will be of the same caliber SOMEDAY, but Collie will not be part of the equation when Luck fully blossoms. Also consider his concussion issues. Take Vernon.

Vernon, good lord, not remotely close.

Vernon Davis will go very high in dynasty drafts, collie will likely go in a round near 10

Vernon Davis is by far the most valuable piece in this trade. You go ahead and make the trade and then worry about what to do if you have too many TEs.

Gates and Gonzo are getting pretty old so you can try to move one of them after you have secured Davis.

Gates and Gonzo are to old, V.Davis maybe a best TE on your team after this trade from the start, late 2nd and very questionable Collie more than reasonable imo

Vernon !