What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stevenson Sylvester LB PIT (Dynasty Outlook) (1 Viewer)

jacobo_moses

Footballguy
Jene what is the Dynasty Outlook for Stevenson Sylvester LB? From what I gather. He hasn't really gotten enough playing time consistantly to give a great evaluation on him. I mean he has done well on special teams and he seems capable enough. What are your thoughts on Sylvester for Dynasty IDPers.???

Jene what is the Dynasty Outlook for Stevenson Sylvester LB? From what I gather. He hasn't really gotten enough playing time consistantly to give a great evaluation on him. I mean he has done well on special teams and he seems capable enough. What are your thoughts on Sylvester for Dynasty IDPers.???Thanks :popcorn:
You've summarized my thoughts nicely. Sample size is too small to form a strong opinion. Looked lost in his first game as a starter, better after that as a limited rotational player. The Steelers will tell us what they think of his prospects during free agency (i.e. will they release Farrior for cap relief, consider bringing in a cheap veteran) and the draft.For now, he's a deep dynasty hold only.

Jene what is the Dynasty Outlook for Stevenson Sylvester LB? From what I gather. He hasn't really gotten enough playing time consistantly to give a great evaluation on him. I mean he has done well on special teams and he seems capable enough. What are your thoughts on Sylvester for Dynasty IDPers.???Thanks :popcorn:
You've summarized my thoughts nicely. Sample size is too small to form a strong opinion. Looked lost in his first game as a starter, better after that as a limited rotational player. The Steelers will tell us what they think of his prospects during free agency (i.e. will they release Farrior for cap relief, consider bringing in a cheap veteran) and the draft.For now, he's a deep dynasty hold only.
related question: given the age and contract, does harrison stick around? he seems like a guy who wouldn't take a pay cut. he's a prime candidate for such a thing, imo.

related question: given the age and contract, does harrison stick around? he seems like a guy who wouldn't take a pay cut. he's a prime candidate for such a thing, imo.
Probably depends mostly on what the Steelers think of Worilds. I would tend to think there's one more year for Harrison (Worilds could use another year of seasoning, Worilds is signed through 2013), but I suppose it's possible that Harrison could be released if the Steelers are forced to a decision on Wallace.

Harrison has already stated that he is willing to restructure to help out the cap situation, and there are plenty of other "dead contracts" on the books that they can jettison to get under the cap(Smith, Kemoeatu, Ward, possibly Hampton, one of Farrior/Foote, et al).

Stevenson Sylvester will probably still be a backup behind Foote/Farrior (whichever one is retained) next year.

But I expect that SS will be starting alongside Timmons by 2013. He has been nothing short of superb on ST and plays with a high motor and alot of tenacity.

Could be a tackle machine.

So out of all the ILB that are free agents. Where would you plug Sylvester in terms of Dynasty IDP ranking??

Inside Linebacker Stephen Tulloch ufa Detroit

Inside Linebacker Barrett Ruud ufa Tennessee

Inside Linebacker David Hawthorne ufa Seattle

Inside Linebacker London Fletcher ufa Washington

Inside Linebacker E.J. Henderson ufa Minnesota

Inside Linebacker Dan Connor ufa Carolina

Inside Linebacker Joe Mays ufa Denver

Inside Linebacker Jovan Belcher rfa Kansas City

Inside Linebacker Stephen Cooper ufa San Diego

Inside Linebacker Kirk Morrison ufa Buffalo

Inside Linebacker Rocky McIntosh ufa Washington

Inside Linebacker Jameel McClain ufa Baltimore

Inside Linebacker Andra Davis ufa Buffalo

Inside Linebacker Bradie James ufa Dallas

Inside Linebacker Mike Peterson ufa Atlanta

Inside Linebacker Lofa Tatupu ufa Street Free Agent

Inside Linebacker Keith Brooking ufa Dallas

Inside Linebacker Gary Guyton ufa New England

Inside Linebacker Keyaron Fox ufa Washington

Inside Linebacker Na'il Diggs ufa San Diego

Inside Linebacker Jonathan Goff ufa New York Giants

Inside Linebacker Chase Blackburn ufa New York Giants

Inside Linebacker Omar Gaither ufa Carolina

Inside Linebacker Larry Grant rfa San Francisco

Inside Linebacker Blake Costanzo ufa San Francisco

Inside Linebacker Tim Dobbins ufa Houston

Inside Linebacker Dan Skuta rfa Cincinnati

Inside Linebacker Marvin Mitchell ufa Miami

Inside Linebacker Tim Shaw ufa Tennessee

Inside Linebacker Heath Farwell ufa Seattle

Inside Linebacker Niko Koutouvides ufa New England

Inside Linebacker Ashlee Palmer ufa Detroit

Inside Linebacker Tavares Gooden ufa San Francisco

Inside Linebacker Reggie Walker rfa Arizona

I mean outside of Tulloch and Hawthorne I might say that Sylvester is the next best IDP hold out there for ILB's huh?

just watch what the steeler do now farrior is gone, if they take a high pick on a ILB, or sign someone like Tulloch, then SS might not get much PT. But if they dont, he could replace Farrior.

Larry Foote is still there, but I think he is just a cheap safe roster spot.

Last edited by a moderator:
'steelcityman said:
just watch what the steeler do now farrior is gone, if they take a high pick on a ILB, or sign someone like Tulloch, then SS might not get much PT. But if they dont, he could replace Farrior.Larry Foote is still there, but I think he is just a cheap safe roster spot.
I do not see Pitt signing a big name FA, just not usually their style. I think SS might get some kind of chance to show what he has.

What does the Sean Spence pick do to Sylvester's future role?
They dont think Spence can handle the buck (Farriors) spot due the his limited size.He is much more of a free flowing attack backer utilizing instinct and suddenness.

He will back up Timmons at the mack.

Sylvester is the back up at the buck. Foote is slated to start. There is a chance Sylvester could win the job in camp.

And also an outside chance Timmons could slide over if Spence proves to be special in a couple years.

Sylvester, Worilds and Chris Carter all were severely hampered by the strike and subsequent loss of OTAs and minicamp.

Likely to be a great change for all three of them this year and the team will have much better idea of what they have.

Though, Butler stated that Worilds was getting very acclimated as an OLB late in the season last year. Which seemed to have made the first 12 weeks, or so, be his practice time for his second year. Makes sense.

What does the Sean Spence pick do to Sylvester's future role?
They dont think Spence can handle the buck (Farriors) spot due the his limited size.He is much more of a free flowing attack backer utilizing instinct and suddenness.

He will back up Timmons at the mack.

Sylvester is the back up at the buck. Foote is slated to start. There is a chance Sylvester could win the job in camp.

And also an outside chance Timmons could slide over if Spence proves to be special in a couple years.

Sylvester, Worilds and Chris Carter all were severely hampered by the strike and subsequent loss of OTAs and minicamp.

Likely to be a great change for all three of them this year and the team will have much better idea of what they have.

Though, Butler stated that Worilds was getting very acclimated as an OLB late in the season last year. Which seemed to have made the first 12 weeks, or so, be his practice time for his second year. Makes sense.
Agreed about Spence, I was an excited Sylvester owner but this set me back a bit. Hopefully some good stuff comes out over the next 4 months, but it looks like he is justa stash and hold right now.

Steelers GM Kevin Colbert confirmed that third-round pick Sean Spence will be an inside linebacker in Pittsburgh's 3-4 defense.Spencer is 5-foot-11, 231, but the Steelers don't worry much about size at inside 'backer. "We are going to teach him the inside linebacker position, both positions, and see where that leads us," said Colbert. "You watch his tape, the guy's read-and-react is exceptional. That helps him compensate for some of the deficiencies he has in size and length. He is aggressive and he’s tough."

Users who are viewing this thread