What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** Mass Effect 3 Thread (1 Viewer)

Mad Cow

Welshers and Dawdlers Beware!
With the demo out and the full game just about here, it is about time we had this thread.

I pre-ordered the download from Amazon, who is currently giving you $10 in video game credit. Seems to be the best deal going. Just have to register that license on Origin to get going.

Last edited by a moderator:
:blackdot:

Loved the first two. Probably the first RPG-type game that I REALLY liked and enjoyed for the gameplay and story. I hope they find a good middle ground between ME1 and ME2 as far as customization goes. ME1 got tedious with all the items and things and in ME2 there wasn't quite enough variation.

:blackdot:Loved the first two. Probably the first RPG-type game that I REALLY liked and enjoyed for the gameplay and story. I hope they find a good middle ground between ME1 and ME2 as far as customization goes. ME1 got tedious with all the items and things and in ME2 there wasn't quite enough variation.
Agreed. Regardless, this game will put Skyrim to pasture for me until D3 comes out, I imagine.

Finally played the demo, and it did not disappoint. Although, it seems like they sped up the combat, and I'm not 100% sure how I feel about that. It's not quite COD speed or anything, but it seems like you cannot be quite as methodical as you could in the first two. Maybe that's a good thing.

Hoping to try the multiplayer component of the demo out tonight.

Finally played the demo, and it did not disappoint. Although, it seems like they sped up the combat, and I'm not 100% sure how I feel about that. It's not quite COD speed or anything, but it seems like you cannot be quite as methodical as you could in the first two. Maybe that's a good thing. Hoping to try the multiplayer component of the demo out tonight.
I am avoiding the demo to let the full game be fresh and new. Interesting about MP - did not know they were going to incorporate that. How does it work with RPG elements exactly?

Skyrim is the only RPG I have ever played. How does this stack up. Same principles?
Similar in the sense that you level up, participate in dialog, and can customize your character to some degree. Completely different types of RPGs otherwise. Skyrim basically provides an open world in which you tell your own story and do whatever you want with. In ME, you are basically in acting as the protagonist in a scripted action movie. There are elements of exploration and that sort of thing in ME but it isn't as open ended. The upside of ME's approach is that you get storylines that are 1000x more interesting, complete with character development and all that good stuff. Combat is a lot better as well unless you have an aversion to shooters.

Hoping that saving both the Rachni and pushing the cure for the Krogan plague will pay dividends. I got a feeling I'm going to need the muscle.

Does anyone know how many choices in the first two might come to frutition?

Skyrim is the only RPG I have ever played. How does this stack up. Same principles?
Not even remotely similar. Mass Effect is a third-person shooter with limited RPG elements (specifically, leveling up skills). That's not meant as criticism -- ME2 was a really good game. It's just not the same genre as Skyrim.

Just finished my first play through of ME2 and the game is a masterpiece. I loved every minute of my 45 hour play through.

I am a day one purchaser of ME3.

I pushed for the cure for the Krogans.

I destroyed the collector ship in the last mission without batting an eye.

I lost Miranda and my Geth ally.

I went at it with Jack down in engineering after the last mission so let's see if that fling carries over in ME3 (she is a hot bad ### IMO).

Just started ME2. Got it for 12 bucks. About 4 hours in. Completely blown away so far. Phenomenal game.

The challenges are kinda like Gears' horde mode. You don't have the luxury of pausing the game to pull off powers or weapon changes like in the ME campaign.. They're assigned hot buttons and you have to use them real time in time battle. Other than that the gameplay is largely the same. The kicker for me is that you can develop and customize your guy as you you progress in the multiplayer.. Very cool how they have that set up.

Vanguard is definitely the Warrior class of Mass Effect 3. If you run just a Shuriken pistol primary (decreased weight gives you 200% recharge ability) and max out your Biotic Charge and Nova attacks, you can spam your bio attacks and dominate whole groups of enemies. You'll finish at the top of the leaderboard every game. So much fun.

Acer, if you are looking for a similar RPG feel to Skyrim, try Fallout 3. RPG elements are very similar but it is set in a post apocalyptic shooter world instead of sword and sorcery fantasy world.

ME2 is one of my favorite games from the last several years. I have a habit of waiting on games until they release an "ultimate" edition with all the DLC included, but ME3 will be tough not to buy early...

:blackdot:

I'm not really into sci-fi, but I'll probably get ME2 for $20 and see if it's a genre I can get into before delving into ME3.

So I played a very little bit of ME, but haven't tried ME2. Wasn't really impressed with ME, is ME2 a significant jump up? Do I need to play ME to get the full effect of ME2? Would then decide on 3.

So I played a very little bit of ME, but haven't tried ME2. Wasn't really impressed with ME, is ME2 a significant jump up? Do I need to play ME to get the full effect of ME2? Would then decide on 3.
ME2 is an amazing game. Loads of fun, great character development, story lines, and the best voice acting I have seen yet (Uncharted's voice acting is also fantastic).

There's nothing like slow mo walking through the club while that techno beat is booming in ME2. Then hit the DF and decimate it.

That is the greatest rant I've ever seen. Or he's the greatest actor I've ever seen. One or the other. :lmao:

:lmao: Funny as heck, and yet he has a point. I have taken a strong dislike to EA myself.

That was awesome!

"Now I got to get the collectors edition, get the ####### plastic paper #### and put it on my wall behind me like a badge of ####### shame"

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

For those wondering, he is playing a character in this vid. If you watch his vids, he is either the near homicidal maniac "Francis" like in this vid about ME3 or just a calm, relatively well spoken geek.

That was awesome!"Now I got to get the collectors edition, get the ####### plastic paper #### and put it on my wall behind me like a badge of ####### shame" :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:For those wondering, he is playing a character in this vid. If you watch his vids, he is either the near homicidal maniac "Francis" like in this vid about ME3 or just a calm, relatively well spoken geek.
:goodposting: Francis is hilarious.

Its irritating but I'll still probably pay for it. I wonder where the market's breaking point will be in terms of shelling out for additional content.

Through the Francis character ravings I realized I had a question about me2.

Do I need to buy it new because of the "Cerebus code" thingy he kept mentioning or can I play the game with out that code?

This has been one of the best game series of the last decade. I didn't know what to expect when I first popped in the ME1 disc way back in 2006 but I've been hooked ever since. ME2 was amazing in where they took the story but also the subtle improvements they made to the gameplay. I can't wait for ME3. Already have it pre-ordered from Amazon with release day delivery. I'm going to try to burn through ME2 if I can just for the heck of it. Never beat it on insanity. This has been one of the best story driven games I've ever played.

Do I need to buy it new because of the "Cerebus code" thingy he kept mentioning or can I play the game with out that code?
Bump in case anyone knows the answer to the above bolded question?

Bought a copy of ME2 for cheap on the xbox, and :angry: to see that the "Cerberus code" expired on 2/1/2012. Wasn't able to pop it in until late last night and fell asleep waiting for the "Lair of the Shadow Broker" DLC to download. I have a feeling this will be consuming all my free time for the next few weeks. :unsure:

Got my email from Amazon saying I can download my ME3 and get my keys today. :excited:

ETA 1 hour and I can start downloading. I am not sure if this will let me play early? I am guessing no and it is just a preload that will direct me to get Origin, which I already have. Nonetheless, :nerd: :excited:

'Mad Cow said:
Got my email from Amazon saying I can download my ME3 and get my keys today. :excited:ETA 1 hour and I can start downloading. I am not sure if this will let me play early? I am guessing no and it is just a preload that will direct me to get Origin, which I already have. Nonetheless, :nerd: :excited:
Wait, what's Origin?

'Mad Cow said:
Got my email from Amazon saying I can download my ME3 and get my keys today. :excited:ETA 1 hour and I can start downloading. I am not sure if this will let me play early? I am guessing no and it is just a preload that will direct me to get Origin, which I already have. Nonetheless, :nerd: :excited:
Wait, what's Origin?
That is EA's answer to Steam.

'Mad Cow said:
Wait, what's Origin?
I'm guessing he means Arrival...?

Bump in case anyone knows the answer to the above bolded question?
You can play without it. It just let's you access some dlc
I have Origin up and running either way. It will probably be easier to register on Origin assuming it uses cloud support for game saves.

So I jumped into a saved game of ME2 where I left off in my insanity run. I had no idea where I was or what I was doing. It was just a fight to get to the end of the level. Forgot how much you die on Insane level. took me an hour to get through half a stage. Good stuff!

So I jumped into a saved game of ME2 where I left off in my insanity run. I had no idea where I was or what I was doing. It was just a fight to get to the end of the level. Forgot how much you die on Insane level. took me an hour to get through half a stage. Good stuff!
I remember ME2 would only import something like your last 3 saved game files from ME1. I have a bunch of ME 2 saves as I was playing around with some of the storyline permutations. Hopefully the importer is a little more expansive this time around.

'thecatch said:
I remember ME2 would only import something like your last 3 saved game files from ME1. I have a bunch of ME 2 saves as I was playing around with some of the storyline permutations. Hopefully the importer is a little more expansive this time around.
Yea one day when I have time, I'd like to start from scratch in ME1 again and see if I can do a full renegade run through all 3 ME's. My damn conscience would always get in the way when I made choices. I'd answer how I truly felt and it ended up being about 65-35 paragon to renegade in my answers. I wonder what would lie in store if I was a complete #####.

Users who are viewing this thread